Destron Fearing Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
No longer valid, bought out
Customer Service & Inside Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  South Saint Paul, MNJune 6, 2016
Destron Fearing was a great place to work in the 90's to early 2000's. Once it went public and was picked apart by new management/shareholders who did not understand the business & it went down hill.
Comfortable place to work, nice people
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  South Saint Paul, MNSeptember 3, 2014
I went to work everyday knowing I was going to be busy. I was able to take on new responsibilities, learning new things. It was hard to deep up with management changes for a while but they finally found some that were good at their jobs and with the people. They hired all the people through a temp service and most of them were there for many years. It is to bad that they allowed their major competitor to buy them out, letting us believe they were going to keep this company. They did not, they moved most of it out of the country.
Pros
good people, fun enviroment
Cons
closed
productive jobs are fun to work at i enjoy doing my job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  South Saint Paul, MNMarch 9, 2014
i loved working at destron fearing we did identification tags for animals. it was a awsome and productive job there are awesome managements there and awesome people there i have learn a lot since i started working there ive learned how to operate machines and do assembly work by fast past, to make sure that orders go out on the exact date the hardest part of the job was to learn how to run a machine but as the time went by i learn quit fast. i am a fast learner and do as i am told and get orders out when need to be out the most enjoyable part of the job was the people that worked there they made it fun to go to work everyday and i love doing my job......but sadly they closed down and went over sea... hoping to find a job like this one again
Pros
free lunches
Cons
awesome breaks
nice people
Top Temporary (Former Employee) –  south st.paulDecember 9, 2012
Destron fearing was decent however it was temporary , I am looking for a company that is permanent
Pros
was busy
Cons
was temporary
Great hours, competitive wages
Quality system engineer (Current Employee) –  South St. PaulFebruary 24, 2012
The compnay has great health benifits. Personal are friendly, Management does the best with what is giving to them.
Pros
great hours, location and team
Cons
seems to be lacking on work instructions, doc control