Job Title: SolidWorks Hydraulics Designer,Junior Level
Reports to: Hydraulics Team Leader
Purpose: Working in a team environment, responsible for completion of designs, drawings and models for customer specific off-highway trucks and equipment. Depending on need and experience, this position may work in mechanical (including structural), hydraulics and/or electrical engineering environment.
- Note, This position is for our Hydraulics Department. We are willing to teach the candidate for this position.*
Location: 26105 Lannys Road, Novi, Michigan corporate headquarters.
Background: DHTE, LLC is a design and engineering firm developing the world’s largest diesel-electric mining dump trucks (400 ton), mechanical dump trucks (100 ton) and other mining equipment, for global sales and usage. We are also working with international customers to further optimize their existing off-highway vehicle capacities, efficiencies, and longevity.
- Work with an international team on the design, development, manufacturing and assembly of 400ton diesel-electric mining trucks, 100ton mechanical dump trucks, and related off-highway equipment.
- Responsible for completing major design tasks and / or minor projects within prescribed parameters (time, cost, weight).
- Research, develop, plan and design specific mechanical parts and components to meet customer specifications.
- Research, develop, plan and design electrical or hydraulic layouts with supervision.
- Interface with integrated engineers as required during the design process.
- Develop a detailed technical data package including CAD models, Layout and Drawings, Bill of Materials and various documents to support customer programs.
- Assist Chief Engineer and various Engineering teams on problem resolution of field, logistic and manufacturing issues.
- Prepare engineering instructions for manufacturing processes.
- Work with an international team of designers and engineers to design, develop, document and complete models, drawings, Bill of Materials (BOM’s), Requests for Quotes (RFQ), Parts Numbering system parameters and other engineering related documents
- Confers with engineering, manufacturing, field service, and other personnel to clarify or resolve production problems, determine and prepare design modifications, and to develop new components
- Participates in product / component layout and detailed production drawings
- Compiles and analyzes engineering, test, and field failure data to establish design requirements for newly designed or modified components
- Critical eye for detail, proven ability to bring engineering design concepts to completion.
- Ensures products and systems conform to engineering design standards and customer specifications.
- Meet program timing deadlines
Required Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree, in an Engineering related field;
- An Associate’s degree, in an Engineering related field, with relative work experience on heavy mobile mining truck or large construction equipment may be considered in lieu of a BS degree
- 2-3 years applicable experience in SolidWorks 2D drawings and 3D modeling; significant 3D & 2D CAD experience in AutoCAD, Pro/E, Mechanica, or Unigraphics may be considered.
- Ability to learn new software quickly and easily and move between different software programs as required
- Must have understanding of and be able to produce detailed engineering drawings
- Must be “hands-on” and willing to work with all levels of production and engineering personnel with a good mix of practical and analytical experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of ISO and DIN standards
- Experience with ASME Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Ability to work well in a team environment and under tight deadlines
- Ability to work well in a diverse, multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Other skills requested but not required:
- Advanced degree in Engineering or related fields
- Experience in a manufacturing, machining or fabricating environment
- Experience/ Interest in Hydraulics a plus, willing to teach
- FEA Analysis
- Design Checker experience a plus
- Chinese language skill a plus
- A valid Driver’s License
- Valid work eligibility
- Valid passport or ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment Note: it is not expected that travel is a job requirement for this position, but the eligibility to travel to Asia is a plus.
Indeed - 12 months ago
Founded to specifically develop a new 400 ton ultra-class haul truck for a Chinese manufacturer, DHTE has expanded to design and engineer...