Job Title: Design Engineer, Hydraulic Systems
Department: Hydraulic Engineering
Reports to: Fluid Power Specialist
Purpose: To understand hydraulic components and locate them on the frame and structural members of various types of mining and construction equipment. To connect each component with the appropriate conductor efficiently. To produce general layout drawings showing those locations in a 3D environment.
Location: Novi, Michigan corporate headquarters
History: DHTE, LLC is a design and engineering firm developing the world’s largest diesel-electric mining dump trucks, excavators and various mining equipment, for global sales and usage.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in planning and scheduling hydraulic systems projects with emphasis on hydraulic system component layout.
- Create models using SolidWorks systems.
- Determine loads and forces required to properly attach and operate those components.
- Select fittings and hose for all ranges of flow and pressure and produce assembly drawings for production.
- Develop hydraulic system piping layouts.
- Provide status reports to management as required.
Required Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Mature Design Experience
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience
- Proficient in SolidWorks, AutoCAD Inventor and/or Pro-E Systems
- Must have excellent English language oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment and under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work well in a diverse, multi-cultured work force.
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Valid passport and/or the ability to acquire one within 30 days.
- Work permission for USA.
- Ability to travel internationally and obtain China Visa.
- Ability to travel globally to remote customer sites in China and other International locations where DHTE product are being used.