Detroit Medical Center Employee Reviews

looved the job an customers leadership not so much
Corporate Communications Director (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 16, 2017
Leadership was very undermining and psychologically damaging. Mind games and one upmanship, Very demeaning atmosphere. I find it hard to write negative things but there are no more words for me to write because it would only bring up horribl memories that wouldtaint my work experience. I blocked them out so i cold move on.
Cons
management
Staff RN
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 5, 2017
Good place to start , quick paced, willing to train new graduates. Tuition reimbursement is a bonus. Patient population is challenging at times. Decent benefits.
Pros
tuition reimbursement
Cons
staffing shortages
Patient Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 3, 2017
When I work for DMC they provided more benefits and time for their employees. I really miss working for DMC. Enjoyable part of the job was being with co-workers.
Stressful
Patient Attendant for Safety (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 3, 2017
You're working with patients constantly, so it's going to be stressful no matter what. However, the fact that the TVs are old, nurses are overworked, and everyone is generally miserable during overnight shifts makes me very glad that I no longer work here.
Great Staff
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIAugust 2, 2017
The staff at my ambulatory center make my job the best!
It the constant in an ever changing health care system.
I would like to see higher census and newer equipment.
busy doctors office
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 1, 2017
daily tasks were performing front desk receptionist task by answering the telephone, pulling the patient of the day files, greeting and escorting patients to their rooms, taking their vital signs, assisting the doctor with any procedures, ordering the office supplies and supplies for the patients.
good place to work
Senior Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 26, 2017
enjoyed my 25 years and hope to return again it was both challenging and rewarding.

Supported various c-suite members over the years and hope to support more in the future.
career building
Patient Accounting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 25, 2017
I started with the company in 1996 and remaining for 17 years..due to Re-vamping of the Organization left me without a job. Good and bad .... Would possibly return
Medical Biller
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 24, 2017
I did Medical Billing of the hospitals. Corrected claims if an error appeared. Verify insurance information if needed. Called the patient if needed to get correct insurance information. Also called patient to see if their insurance information has change. The hardest part of the job was when I couldn't get a claim paid. Management was alright it wasn't the best. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I completed a job well done.
Fast paced and great for learning in the medical field.
Transporter/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  3990 john rJuly 12, 2017
Working as a transporter for Harper hospital was a great way for me to come out of highschool. The fast paced environment worked well for me. I enjoy multi-tasking and helping others. Typically i worked 8 hour shifts 2:30pm- 11 pm. My job as transporter was to safely and effectively move patients via stretcher or wheelchair, throughout the Detroit Medical Center campus. This means to testing sites, lobbies to ensure safety in and out of cars, patient bedrooms and anywhere else a person may be in need of help. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning skills, such as cpr and proper body mechanics, meeting new people everyday and really just being able to help people, even if its just a small gesture to make them a little bit more comfortable. Hardest part of the job was definitely dealing with deceased people, you never really want too but someone has too and we made sure they were transporter safely and respectfully.

Management wasn't the easiest to work with due to high demands they place on employees but overall they can be flexible.
Pros
good pay, easy job, gain experience
Cons
really fast paced, somewhat uneasy management, long hours
I like DMC. My family has history with this company.
Patient Safety Attendant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 6, 2017
I would not mind returning to the Tenet family to work, I loved my patients and the staff was generally professional. I'm now looking for opportunities in the Southwest.
Pros
Great staff, rose to the challenge
Cons
PAS job not fullfilling, not enough hours (cant be helped)
Nice Place to Advance
Lead Service Response Representative (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 29, 2017
I love working for DMC. I always have the opportunity to advance as well as with good pay and benefits. Friendly co workers, its like we are a big family.
It's not a bad place to work
Senior Clerk/Department Secretary (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 29, 2017
I'm very grateful for having worked for the DMC for over 30 years. I've learned and seen a lot throughout the years, although there has been many changes, the DMC is a great place to work.
great experience
Staff Nurse/Preceptor/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 26, 2017
Supportive staff. High volume of patients and needs better staffing but you will learn a lot. I love my coworkers. The benefits could be a bit better. Love the patient population.
productive fun place to work
Food Service Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  MichiganJune 13, 2017
working there was very enjoyable the staff was great the food was wonderful the mangement team was not so good but the overall experience was really good.
Pros
free food
Cons
long breaks
I worked in the Core Lab, Great Experience
CORE LABORATORY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 9, 2017
Again, I used my skills to do what I love. I like being organized and this company allowed me a scheduling position. It was very fun to work there. I enjoyed it.
Health Information Processor II
Health Information Processor II (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 7, 2017
Great team work in my department. I feel safe at work and have a great boss who wants her staff to be happy at work so it's easy to never miss a day of work.
Cons
Company doesn't hire new coders for coding positions without experience.
Hard working and serious environment
Job Shadow (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 4, 2017
It was overall a great experience job shadowing at the DMC while i was at school. It showed me a hard working and serious work environment. It was a lot of communication which helped everybody out in each department. The most fun they had was lunch or just helping people out.
Pros
free lunches, long breaks
Cons
hospital smell etc.
Great teaching hospital
Student Nurse Associate, Level 2 NICU (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 31, 2017
The Detroit Medical Center gave me the opportunity to learn a specialty area of nursing as a student and provided me with many opportunities to learn. The nurses had a positive attitude and included me in unique experiences and cases whenever possible.
Not a good place to work
Labotatory Employee (Former Employee) –  HarperMay 24, 2017
Management does not understand the laboratory. They need to spend money to provide good service. DMC keeps unproductive and incompetent employees. The good employees leave for better pay and more job security. Management does not support its employees for advancement from within. There is a high turn over rate in all laboratory positions.
Benefits
Cons
Laboratory Managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Detroit Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Detroit Medical Center Reviews by Location