Detroit Medical Center

Detroit Medical Center Employer Reviews

Excellent
VT, Vascular Technologist (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 7, 2014
Very professionally run, excellent management. Perfect place to learn for my clinical experience.
great place to work
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee), detroitJuly 2, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
starter job
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJune 2, 2014
Pros: diverse staff, doctors always around, teaching hospital
Cons: got pulled a lot to other units
The unit I worked on along with the manager have since been "redistributed." For profit heath system, and the inconveniences that come with savings. Worse case scenario I experienced was when the nursing supervisor manipulated our census so that we didn't have enough patients to justify staffing an additional nurse and nurses aid, only to get slammed – more... with admits (knowingly by the supervisor). 2 nurses, 16 patients with no aid. Other than a few hiccups, all and all it wasn't a bad place to start out and learn the basics. – less
Not enough staff to successfully perform my job
Police Authority Officer (Current Employee), Detroit, MIMay 21, 2014
Pros: good leadership in place
Cons: to much work for bare minimum staff
Recently many other Police Authority Officers have left the job and no replacements have been hired.
Good experience
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMay 4, 2014
A typical day consisted of me taking care of the patients and making sure that their needs are met. Most of my co-workers were very polite and I got along with mostly everyone. The hardest part was not knowing how a new patient is and you wouldn't find out until you talk them. I did enjoy taking care of patients and I wouldn't mind doing it again.
staff nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Detroit, MIApril 23, 2014
patient care, discharge planning, weekly interdisciplinary team rounds enjoy patient care spending time with my patients educating them on preventative medicine
Flexibility is nice remote job.
Coder (Current Employee), remoteApril 19, 2014
Pros: flexibility in working remote
Cons: communication, benefits
Feedback on job performance and review is little to none, communication is lacking, recent merger has made communication worse ...
DMC outpatient facility.
Lead Technologist (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 6, 2014
Pros: provided state -of-the-art equipment for employees and patients.
Cons: location
This was an innovative outpatient center that acquired one of the first dedicated mammography unites.
The project is on Healthcare provider's revenue generation cycle and supports the revenue capturing services like patient access, charge description m
Oracle PL/SQL Developer (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 26, 2014
• Involved in Design, Coding, Development and Implementation.
• Loading data from flat files into database tables using SQL* Loader.
• Wrote SQL Queries (Sub queries, correlated sub queries and Join conditions).
• Write many Stored Procedures, Functions and Packages.
• Performed the uploading and downloading flat files from UNIX server using FTP.
 – more... Involved in developing interactive forms and customization of screens using Oracle Forms.
• Involved in designing numerous Oracle Forms and Reports by interacting directly with End Users and Business Analyst
• Translating business rules into procedures, packages, database triggers and functions using PL/SQL.
• Worked with performance and tuning issues. Creating tables and loaded the database on the views.
• Customized the properties for the users in the embedded options based on the privileges using Interactive reporting.
• Develop various Complex Queries, Views for Generating Reports.
• Involve in Unit testing PL/ SQL Stored Procedures and Functions.
• Code Application Program from the Specifications using PL/SQL and Shell Scripting.
• Involve in writing Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Packages, Cursors, Dynamic SQLs, Views and data loading using SQL Loader utility for new/enhance requirements.
• Prepared status reports and attended status meetings on a daily basis to understand the resource utilization and assignments progress.
• Develop Test Plans and participate in unit testing, system testing, thru production implementation. – less
Great Management opportunity.
Financial Service Manager (Former Employee), 3663 Woodward AveMarch 26, 2014
Pros: excellent opportunity to grow
Cons: short lunch breaks
My typical day at worked began very early 6am. This would give me time to answer all previous days’ emails. I believed that within your day you should try to fit in hands-on with employees. Skilled in motivating I was there to increase the efficiency of the employees needs to the organization. I interacted with the customers/patients creating a positive – more... experience for all. I also had a chance to communicate with the employees. Team work is an important part of the day to day operations, and at times this includes management. I enjoyed the inaction with customers/patients /employees. At times calming a customer/patient /employee would be a task. Using discipline and a dedicated compassion to understand someone else point of view I was able to rectify the situation turning it into a pleasant situation. – less
Patient Care Experience
Patient Attendant Safety (Former Employee), Detroit, MichiganMarch 16, 2014
I obtained this position in order to be exposed to many specialty hospitals in the medical center where I could obtain patient care experience prior to attending physician assistant school.
Productive workplace
PATIENT CARE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), detroit,MIMarch 15, 2014
The people were lovely ad very helpful and care about you doing your best.
Productive and Advancement for growth
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Detroit, MIFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunches
Cons: no room for growth
A typical day consist of assisting our customers with the most accurate information we have concerning employee health benefits. The most enjoyable part of the day is knowing my customers are pleased after ending the call.
No Comment
Police Authority Officer (Former Employee), Detroit, MIFebruary 25, 2014
Cons: horrible upper command staff - bad command/officer relations
No comment. Upper Command (Directors) do not trust officers. Babysit them on camera and threaten to fire everybody if they don't do what they want to them do. There is "NO" commendations for going beyond or above but they will call you out in front of other officers, threaten to fire you then push you beyond your breaking point.
Employed at DMC for 22 years. I have enjoyed by years.
Group Leader Support Services (Current Employee), Detroit, MIFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: great insurance benefits
Cons: drive is to far
Work day begins at 630AM. I learn to deal with many types of individuals with different cultures and backgrounds. Being a group leader my job is challenging. There is never a dull moment as I am constantly stressing to my staff how important our job is and how important it is to be a team player. The hardest part of the job is trying to make sure that – more... the staff provide the best quality of service to our patients. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help people. There is never a dull moment. I am learning new things everyday which in terms keep my brain thinking. – less
My first Tech job
STERILE PROCESSING TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Detroit, MIFebruary 19, 2014
Working for DMC was great. It gave me the skills set to become a traveler
nursing home
Patient Service Clerk (Former Employee), Detroit, MIFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: caring for ederly
Cons: n/a
very good place to learn and enjoy elderly I love them a nursing home for older ppl
Excellent organization to work for
Supervisor of Specialized Laboratory Testing (Current Employee), Detroit, MIFebruary 11, 2014
Good opportunity for learning and meeting wonderful people.
Necessary for the local demographic.
Security Police Officer (Former Employee), Detroit, MIFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: teamwork
Cons: true hospital understanding of the job and support.
Armed Security Police Officers are a regreatable necessity for Hospitals/Trauma treatment facilities such as this. The Detroit, MI demographic requires these types of measures.
I worked with really great people that were helpful and friendly.
Program Coordinator, Multiple Sclerosis (Former Employee), Detroit, MIFebruary 3, 2014
Thank you for your help in assisting me to find a great job!

This position was more of a secretary's position. As an RN, I much prefer to work hands-on with patients, and not spend all day in front of the computer.

1 2 3 4 5

About Detroit Medical Center

Running this DMC takes more than 3,000 physicians and a staff of thousands. With more than 2,000 beds, the Detroit Medical Center – Read more

Detroit Medical Center Photos