Detroit Metro Airport Employee Reviews

Unorganized unprofessional, and unsafe work envioment
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  MichiganMarch 19, 2017
When it comes to an unorganized and bad management work place then being an ramp agent at the Detroit Airport In the North Terminal gives you It all! The management does not care about there employees and there well being neither about there safety. If OSHA were ever to walk into the airport on working grounds then contracts would be going out of operation left and right. Working at the airport you will tend to notice that the safety regulations and rules are almost never enforced.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, Unsafe, Low pay, unorganized, unprofessional
The Airport is nice but the company i work for is HORRIBLE
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 19, 2016
Metro airport is a nice airport but the cleaning company I work for is very unprofessional and have poor management skills
Fun place to work got to meet a lot of people
Supervisor Of Janitorial Services (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIAugust 7, 2015
Steady paced, always work to do. Met a lot of new people. I wouldn't mind going back. If management is different. I was a hard worker which is why I was promoted to supervisor. I take pride in my work and management thought so as well.
Fun place to work
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIJanuary 8, 2015
I enjoyed working at the airport because you meet and greet new people from all over the world. The management could have been better. I learned how to be more of a vocal leader while working their.
Pros
Friendly environment, pay
Cons
Management was bad
Entertaining, Fun, and Crowded
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 9, 2014
This job was a job to yourself. It was like a challenge, or at least that's the way me and my coworkers played it. Being in the airport, I met a lot of different people; also meeting celebrities. I enjoy every bit of this job. Management was cool and understanding about situation.
Heavy Lifting, None Stop, Very fast pace
LSG Sky Chef (Current Employee) –  Detroit Metro airportNovember 3, 2014
A typical day at work consist of getting your assignment during morning meeting which can be random you can have a easy day or a very a physical day feeling like you are doing a leg or ab work out most times you are assigned to the same assignment. There is very rare rotation unless you have been hurt or injured. You learn how identify aircrafts and there sizes also how to package and produce trollies to be ready for aircraft safety boarding. Management have been in the company for 20 years and up so they are not open for much change they seem to have favorites and usually give the easier jobs to the people they favor. The management team are rarely on the floor so fights and disagreements happen often making the work environment very hostile. Most co- worker are new other then the people who have been there 5 to 20 years. the turn around rate is very high some people come for the first day and walk off by lunch. You have to be a very strong minded person in order to work in this environment. the hardest part of working here is the physical part and the management not maintaining a controlled environment. I feel that no one should have to come to work under such hostile conditions. I am not a victim of the adult bullying or for better terms harassment but I have witnessed it and I am very uncomfortable daily because you never know who is next. The most enjoyable part of this job is the over time that is available due to the lack of employees and the turn around rate also during the summer months more flights come in so there is more room for over time. I like getting paid weekly.
Pros
Free lunch, paid weekly
Cons
hostile work enviorment, union avaliblity, Low pay rate, horrible management
Engineering the product
Concept Attendant/Concession (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MISeptember 19, 2013
Action its was great place to work and be. Things are moving. you can take a plane anywhere in the world free of charge.
Pros
sales
Cons
always listening
this was only a seasonal position for college students.
Package Handle/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIDecember 28, 2012
.not enough hours. only given 2 hrs per day. But gave me working experience.
Pros
college student given work experience
famous people
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MINovember 28, 2012
i loved running into famous people..and cleaning i love to do anything thAt makesme move
Great mulit-tasking
Eintein Bagels (Current Employee) –  Romulus, MIAugust 13, 2012
typical day at work is taking care of customers I have atleast over 200 customers a day. I learned that i can give good custome skills management is ok not that great. My co- workers are nice I like them we make a good team. The hardest part of the job is that because we have so many customers we run out of supplies and it gets a little intense. The most enjoyable part of the job is putting a smile on the customers face
Pros
good customer service
Cons
alot of angry customers
Fun workplace, safe environment, productive
CARIBOU COFFEE/BOARS HEAD (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIMay 12, 2012
Nice work environment, good people, but at the end of the day all they care about is work not you.
Pros
meeting different people