Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits’ White Plains office currently seeks a Full-Time Junior Designer who possesses the below.
The Junior Designer will be responsible for supporting the design team in execution of day-to-day creative work assigned to Creative Services, including developing concepts, implementing design strategies, and producing visual aspects for corporate and brand marketing materials, across interactive, promotional, and packaging designs. Our ideal candidate is team player who can juggle varied tasks, loves design and typography, is detail-oriented, takes direction well, and brings a unique perspective and edge to our creative team. We are seeking someone who eagerly wants to learn, is a self-starter, and shows initiative combined with invention, imagination and originality.
- Graduate of an accredited program for an Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Digital Media, Graphic Design or Visual Art
- 1-2 years of experience
- Passion for design
- Strategic thinking with attention to brand and marketing objectives
- Ability to work with company personnel at all levels
- Superior knowledge of design: type/color/taste
- Mastery of relevant computer software (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite); solid knowledge of other current computer design programs and skills
- Ability to present and clearly articulate ideas
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail
- Solid understanding of online and offline production
- Self-motivated, organized and accountable
- Web skills with CSS, HTML, UI/UX and video editing experience preferred
- Apply brand identity systems, typography, photography, color and other ingredients to create innovative and on-strategy visual solutions.
- Extend existing creative/brand guidelines across new creative with moderate design changes or interpretation.
- Work closely with brand teams, playing the role of “design advocate” for the voice of the design.
- Execute template-based projects assigned to Creative Services.
- Stay abreast of current design trends and technologies and continually share this knowledge among the design team and the marketing group.
- Professionalism - relates well to all kinds of people, initiates and develops constructive relationships. Is trustworthy, can admit mistakes, and adheres to core values even during times of stress. Is able to clearly and effectively communicate in group or one-to-one discussions and in written messages. Is not ego-driven.
- Innovation & Creativity - delivers original concepts, high-quality designs and unique ideas. Can easily make connections between seemingly unrelated notions to develop a new idea or perspective. Adds value during ideation sessions. Applies creative solutions to complex problems as well as to day to day simple tasks, processes and challenges.
- Planning & Project Management - enjoys working hard, seizes opportunities, is energized by challenges. Sets aggressive goals and works hard to meet them. Acts with customers in mind; seeks to meet the expectations of customers. Learns how to get things done through formal and informal channels in the organization.
- Work Quality - consistently achieves desired outcomes with a minimum of avoidable errors and issues.
- Leadership - evaluates processes for effectiveness, searches for improvement opportunities, and requests feedback on processes and procedures
If your background and experience meet these qualifications and you want to join a dynamic industry, please apply.
Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits is a family owned business committed to cultivating an environment in alignment with the company’s values, mission, and vision. Our professional staff plays an important role in the company’s continued growth and success. We offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and opportunities for advancement in a collaborative environment.
Deutsch’s wine and spirits are sold to the trade with well-planned marketing support and offered to U.S. consumers at fair market prices. Today the company is renowned for its brand building prowess and ability to identify and fill consumer niches within the wine and spirits category. They have built numerous category leaders including: the #1 selling brand in the US, the #1 imported brand in the US, the #1 Australian brand in the US, and the #1 French brand in the US. Bill’s son Peter Deutsch is CEO; thus two generations of the Deutsch family work side by side in their continuous quest to build strong brands and relationships throughout the wine and spirits industry.
Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn more about Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits at www.deutschfamily.com
Initially called W.J. Deutsch & Sons, Ltd., the company was founded in 1981 by Chairman Bill Deutsch to market quality wines produced by...