Deutsche Bank Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Executive Assistant - Trading Floor
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2017
Supported the Head of Global Prime Finance and team on busy trading floor. Great work / life balance, great management and overall a good work environment.
Role provides good challenges
COO of Global Cash Operations / Director (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 19, 2017
The [banking industry continues to be a real tough envionment, though I believe with the new management in place Deutsche Bank will survive through this tough period. We continue to look at reducing our expenses and look to improve processes to become more efficient. At the same time we continue to focus on putting propoer controls in place to reduce risk.

The hardest part of my role is keeping the team motinvated through these dfficult times. I do this by keeping the team fully informed regarding management decisions. Additionally, I encourage them to take advantage of training opportunities.

The most enjoyable part of my role is working with a good strong motivated team. The team has good chemistry and always wants to do what right for the bank.
Pros
Vacation time, Training Opportunities, and working for a global bank
Cons
Hard work, Lots of hours, short turnaround on ad hoc requests
very good work culture
RPA Developer (Blue Prism) (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCSeptember 19, 2017
very good work culture and nice to have a part of the company

Good team members and flexible time.

It is very nice to learn new things in a technology
Challenging work place with great team members
Applications Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2017
Fast paced work environment where the demand is high for individuals with excellent problem solving skills. I learned a great deal about securities markets and the applications used to trade in them. My managers are supportive me and challenge me to do my best everyday. The workplace culture is one centered around collaboration and team work. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people working within my team. Having a great team helps in the most stressful situations and they are always there to support you when you need it most.
Pros
Flexibility to work from home
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities
Didn't like the culture
Business Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 14, 2017
The culture was not for me - very focused on who you knew more than how will you did your job. A lot of egotistical people worked there. The organization is constantly changing direction.
Nah
Senior Operations/Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2017
Cant believe you requested more than one interview before allowing me to use your site; seriously considering moving to another site given this person
Unstable environment
Technical Project Manager (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYSeptember 14, 2017
The bank's infrastructure senior management constantly has political fight, senior manager could be disappeared for months because he didn't get the promote. Indeed, the absence didn't hurt the daily operation, then, I think, "why do the bank need this manager?" Finally, he came back to work without any impact, it was just amazing to me.
Pros
overall, it is good working environment
Cons
no designated desk
productive, always busy and ran smoothly in an fast paced enviorment
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 11, 2017
I've experienced and inherited many skills from working here due to always having a challenge at work, therefore learned something new everyday and have worked hard every single day to be the hard worker I am today.
Pros
lunch room
Cons
short break
Fun place to work with great benefits
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 11, 2017
Most days you have to be a self starter. There is little micromanagement, but it is noticed if you do not get the job done. Days can be long, but overall not a bad place to work.
Pros
Good compensation to include great time off benefits (e.g. vacation, paternity leave, etc.)
Bought with another business
I.T, Support Officer (Former Employee) –  JerseySeptember 9, 2017
To be fair, I was bought as part of another business so perhaps I was never accepted as a "proper" member of staff, I remained 3 years though, before finding a position at another bank, and in my time at DB they did show me some very good routines and builds for servers and PCs
Pros
Very good build methodology
Cons
Really bad manager
Lots of work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  60 Wall Street, New York, NYSeptember 8, 2017
Lots of work, lots of executives to work for, lots of scheduling. The firm gets their money's worth from temps and at some point managerial preference for no OT.
Pros
Fun place
Cons
Lots of work and little paid OT to go along with it
Fun faced paced environment
Data Architect/Oracle Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 7, 2017
It's was nice working at Deutsche Bank. I worked 3+ years in multiple projects under different teams. Great learning environment as managers are ready to share new technologies and expose resource to new tools and requirements for improved efficiency and versatility of working exposure.
Smart people, terrible management
Institutional Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 7, 2017
Worked here for nearly 10 years. Very talented people, but cut throat culture was toxic. Limited opportunities for people that were not part of the boys club.
Pros
Smart colleagues, opportunity to learn and develop
Cons
Compensation, diversity, toxic culture
Deutsche Bank
Rewarding
Aggressive at times
Diverse environment
Friendly environment
I learned a lot about trading as well as researching rating from S&P, Fitch and Moody's.
OK Environment
Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 4, 2017
Overall good environment
Management makes decisions too quickly sometimes
Culture is friendly
Hours during busy time are crazy and not compensated well
Training
Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 1, 2017
This is an exciting place to work with lots of self learning opportunity. However, don't expect the employer to pay for any training. Promotions are difficult to come and the process is not transparent and thus frustrating.
Pros
Family life balnce
Cons
Not so gret management
Good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2017
Its a good place to work. I learned how to work in a fast paced work enviroment. My co workers were fun to work with. Great people. Medical benefits were good.
A great Place
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2017
DB is an experience of its own. Nothing can be compared to it

Working there was great fun, learning cultured.

No day was typical. It is rewarding to know that your work is done and done well
Hard work, fair recognition
(Consultant), 100 Harborside Plaza 2 (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 28, 2017
Hard work, fair recognition, rewarding. Fast paced, frequent changes on projects due to budget constraints. Skilled upper management. Excellent opportunities to strengthen skill and learn new.
One of my favorite jobs!
Assistant Vice President and Trust Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 27, 2017
Deutsche is one of my favorite jobs! The workplace culture was relaxed and very NOT stressful! I loved how I was treated as an employee! I was given the respect and ability to make decisions that directly impact my clients. I love the flexibility to work from home. Benefits were great, as well.
Pros
Freedom to make decisions
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deutsche Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval