Arlington Heights, IL based company; DevLinks, Ltd. is an automation and robotics integrator. We design, develop and manufacture fully automated work-cells for manufacturing industries – primarily plastics injection molding companies.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, high-energy person with computer programming skills to join our robot programming team. We work with Fanuc and Wittmann robots.
- Developing robot capability studies and evaluating results against customer specifications to create recommend a robotic solution to the customer problem.
- Program the robot and to complete the task.
- Debug the robot with the other aspects of the work-cell working closely with the controls engineer and machine builders.
- Complete installation start-up and debug at the customer’s site.
- Troubleshoot problems during the installation process.
- Provide prompt, professional and courteous solutions to customer problems.
- Support the final installation through buy-off, acceptance and production support at customer’s site.
- Process paperwork and complete training on the customer’s site to ensure the operators can safely operate the robot/work-cell.
Competent computer programmer with an interest in robotics. Logical thinker and mechanically minded, hard-working, reliable and timely, communicates effectively, attention to detail and focus, good problem solving skills, customer focused, values teamwork and collaboration, willing to continuously learn, is supportive of change, has a “can-do” attitude and wants to work in a fast-paced, small and growing team environment.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Formal education in computer programming is not required but demonstrable knowledge of basic fundamental programming concepts and the aptitude for learning multiple computer programs/ languages are essential.
- Ability to learn software development applications and tools required.
- Ability to manage complex technical details required.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical staff.
- Must be familiar with standard machining practices, tooling, fixtures and gauges.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot hardware and software related problems.
- Ability to take the initiative on projects, work independently.
- Ability to analyze and solve service installation problems.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication is imperative.
- “Can Do” attitude and desire to learn.
- Significant overnight travel often required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note: There is no relocation package.
Check out our website at www.devlinksltd.com.