Devcon Security Employee Reviews

Great people
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTOctober 24, 2017
Devcon was a great place to work, Unfortunately they were bought by another company and that was the reason for me no longer working for that company.
Pros
pot lucks
Cons
stressful
Decent company
Customer Service Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 6, 2017
This was a decent company to work for until they closed down the location with a giving us a limited notice. Severance pay was horrible. Management was great in certain departments. The most enjoyable part of the job was coming to work and talking to coworkers and customers.
Turn over
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  TennesseeApril 26, 2017
I worked for AT&T for over ten years and the turnover is ridiculous!! Management have goals that are not attainable and no one takes responsibility for their actions. The Peter Principle is the only way I can describe upper management. If you like to go to work everyday and get beat down, feel like you are going to lose your job monthly and love to work weekends and holidays this is the job for you.
Pros
Training
Cons
At&t
Family-oriented place to work
Senior Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMarch 23, 2017
Definitely enjoyed my 5 plus years at Devcon Security as they were a growing family-owned alarm company making strides in the alarm industry but eventually gave in and sold to the alarm giant ADT. The downfall with working there was the pay raise freeze and there's not too much room for advancement but definitely was a great place to work
Install Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 9, 2017
We were running steady till the company closed. They did nothing for the people who risked their lively hood to join this company and never tried to help
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Test company
Challenging , focused, good hours, great people.
Technician (Former Employee) –  bonita flaOctober 1, 2015
I had enjoyed working with all the people at my work place, the job i had was challenging in regards to the customers but it also was interesting to do. I have learned a lot about speaking to different types of people and had picked up my style of communication from it.
management personnel were great and i had become to understand what it took to be a manager in My last job, but i had decided to move on to the technical aspect because I love working with my hands and utilizing the trouble shooting skills that I had learned in the military.
The only problem i had with my job was getting laid off after the business was taken over and they had decided to merge the office towards their main in hollywood FLA. I really wanted to make this my second career.
Pros
Worked with great personnel . learned a great deal from all my positions.
Cons
The surprise of the industry in regards to take overs
Typical day
customer service (Former Employee) –  Orem,UtJuly 15, 2015
Taining and helpings new employees meet the expectations required by management in helping provide superior customer service/sales and maintaining a positing attitude.
Could have been a great job
Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis TNJuly 13, 2015
Unfortunately this company folded and sold to ADT. President of the company attempted to build it on a Natoion wide level to quicky
Great place
sales (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 19, 2015
Learned customer service i was able to grow with the company and the on a typical we always had fun outgoing people there motivating us all the time
Great Company
Inside Sales Setter / Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lindon, UTFebruary 12, 2015
Great people
loved the company
loved the compensation plan
great management
job culture was great
most enjoyable thing of my work was the people I worked with
i loved working here.
Alarm Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJanuary 6, 2015
it was a great job. My manager was a great person and my co-workers are like family cause we spent alot of time together cause of the hours we worked.
Account Excutive
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 2, 2014
A typical work day was to prospect and close businesses. I learned to always be very activated in prospecting, and my management believe in assisting me. My co-workers were great. The hardest part of my job was I spent to much with the client trying to qualify them for the service. The most enjoyable part of the job was the income and the time.
A challenging and rewarding position
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTNovember 6, 2014
When I first started working here, the company was Pinnacle Security. Since then, there have been two major organizational changes; from Pinnacle to Devcon Security and most recently from Devcon to ADT Security. These company changes were stressful at times, but also provided opportunities for advancement and new responsibilities. Although officially I am an "Administrative Assistant" for the billing and collections department, my actual position and responsibility has really moved beyond that of just an Administrative Assistant. I am also the manager of our Third Party Collections Agencies, I worked on a committee to do an overhaul on policies and processes that involved not only billing and collections, but also customer service and compliance. I served as the liason between our Branch Managers and the Customer Experience team (which included billing, customer service, retention, collections, and inside sales) to solve any questions or concerns they had, and for a while I also worked with our Compliance and legal department communicating directly with customers who gave negative feedback regarding billing on a Customer Satisfaction survey. I also became the resident expert for questions regarding customer contract terms and Fair Debt Collections practices.
Pros
benefits, opportunities to identify improvements and put needed changes into action, very flexible schedule and a lot of freedom
Cons
stressful going through organizational changes and layoffs
As soon as I got comfortable with my job they changed my contract and went to 100% commissions because the company was going under!
Security Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WashingtonAugust 18, 2014
Not a trustworthy place to work for. Not legitimate. The company went under shortly after beginning, forcing it's employee's to change their contracts or lose their position.
Pros
Working with people
Cons
Too many to mention. Dramatic change in compensation, poor management, door to door sales.... the list goes on and on
productive
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 2, 2014
• Make outbound calls in order to contact customers, emergency contacts and Police/Fire Departments regarding alarm matters (i.e. notification of alarm, verification of alarm activity).
• Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
• Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques
Not fun
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 15, 2014
I was working for a company the was preparing themselves to be sold. I quickly move to ADT. Less than a year later ADT bought Devcon.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Company took away all the perks.
Fair company
Customer Service Representative Mentor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 27, 2014
typical day at Devcon was assiting customers with their alarm and account issues
great managers , good life work balance
Security Accounts rep (Current Employee) –  tampaJanuary 9, 2014
great manager, great team of people to work with and for.
life work balance was outstanding.
Pros
mangers, life work balance, culture
Cons
training
Fun work place
Security Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 6, 2014
This company paid really really well however they did close the branch and laid everyone off
Pros
great pay
Cons
they laid everyone off
Great Experience
Security Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 2, 2013
Great experience in sales. I learned a lot about cold calling and networking.
Pros
Experience, learning how to generate leads, and networking
Cons
money, it was 100% commission and it takes awhile to build up referrals