Devcon Security Employee Reviews in United States

Challenging , focused, good hours, great people.
Technician (Former Employee) –  bonita flaOctober 1, 2015
I had enjoyed working with all the people at my work place, the job i had was challenging in regards to the customers but it also was interesting to do. I have learned a lot about speaking to different types of people and had picked up my style of communication from it.
management personnel were great and i had become to understand what it took to be a manager in My last job, but i had decided to move on to the technical aspect because I love working with my hands and utilizing the trouble shooting skills that I had learned in the military.
The only problem i had with my job was getting laid off after the business was taken over and they had decided to merge the office towards their main in hollywood FLA. I really wanted to make this my second career.
Pros
Worked with great personnel . learned a great deal from all my positions.
Cons
The surprise of the industry in regards to take overs
Typical day
customer service (Former Employee) –  Orem,UtJuly 15, 2015
Taining and helpings new employees meet the expectations required by management in helping provide superior customer service/sales and maintaining a positing attitude.
Could have been a great job
Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis TNJuly 13, 2015
Unfortunately this company folded and sold to ADT. President of the company attempted to build it on a Natoion wide level to quicky
Great place
sales (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 19, 2015
Learned customer service i was able to grow with the company and the on a typical we always had fun outgoing people there motivating us all the time
Great Company
Inside Sales Setter / Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lindon, UTFebruary 12, 2015
Great people
loved the company
loved the compensation plan
great management
job culture was great
most enjoyable thing of my work was the people I worked with
i loved working here.
Alarm Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJanuary 6, 2015
it was a great job. My manager was a great person and my co-workers are like family cause we spent alot of time together cause of the hours we worked.
Account Excutive
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 2, 2014
A typical work day was to prospect and close businesses. I learned to always be very activated in prospecting, and my management believe in assisting me. My co-workers were great. The hardest part of my job was I spent to much with the client trying to qualify them for the service. The most enjoyable part of the job was the income and the time.
A challenging and rewarding position
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTNovember 6, 2014
When I first started working here, the company was Pinnacle Security. Since then, there have been two major organizational changes; from Pinnacle to Devcon Security and most recently from Devcon to ADT Security. These company changes were stressful at times, but also provided opportunities for advancement and new responsibilities. Although officially I am an "Administrative Assistant" for the billing and collections department, my actual position and responsibility has really moved beyond that of just an Administrative Assistant. I am also the manager of our Third Party Collections Agencies, I worked on a committee to do an overhaul on policies and processes that involved not only billing and collections, but also customer service and compliance. I served as the liason between our Branch Managers and the Customer Experience team (which included billing, customer service, retention, collections, and inside sales) to solve any questions or concerns they had, and for a while I also worked with our Compliance and legal department communicating directly with customers who gave negative feedback regarding billing on a Customer Satisfaction survey. I also became the resident expert for questions regarding customer contract terms and Fair Debt Collections practices.
Pros
benefits, opportunities to identify improvements and put needed changes into action, very flexible schedule and a lot of freedom
Cons
stressful going through organizational changes and layoffs
As soon as I got comfortable with my job they changed my contract and went to 100% commissions because the company was going under!
Security Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WashingtonAugust 18, 2014
Not a trustworthy place to work for. Not legitimate. The company went under shortly after beginning, forcing it's employee's to change their contracts or lose their position.
Pros
working with people
Cons
too many to mention. dramatic change in compensation, poor management, door to door sales.... the list goes on and on
productive
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 2, 2014
• Make outbound calls in order to contact customers, emergency contacts and Police/Fire Departments regarding alarm matters (i.e. notification of alarm, verification of alarm activity).
• Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
• Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques
Not fun
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 15, 2014
I was working for a company the was preparing themselves to be sold. I quickly move to ADT. Less than a year later ADT bought Devcon.
Pros
freedom
Cons
company took away all the perks.
Fair company
Customer Service Representative Mentor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 27, 2014
typical day at Devcon was assiting customers with their alarm and account issues
great managers , good life work balance
Security Accounts rep (Current Employee) –  tampaJanuary 9, 2014
great manager, great team of people to work with and for.
life work balance was outstanding.
Pros
mangers, life work balance, culture
Cons
training
Fun work place
Security Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 6, 2014
This company paid really really well however they did close the branch and laid everyone off
Pros
great pay
Cons
they laid everyone off
Great Experience
Security Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 2, 2013
Great experience in sales. I learned a lot about cold calling and networking.
Pros
experience, learning how to generate leads, and networking
Cons
money, it was 100% commission and it takes awhile to build up referrals
Great work-life balance, great management
Security Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 28, 2013
As an outside sales rep the team at the office is critical to my success. The team we have in Tampa is the best I have ever worked with in the industry.

The commission and bonus structure is great. Although a base pay would be nice.

The work-life balance is fantastic. I am able to keep my own schedule and as long as I produce there is not a problem.
Started off Great
Lead Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 15, 2013
This company didn't last long. They started off great, with great management, great executive leaders, and a great mindset, however that soon went down.

None I believe was the fault of the immediate leadership at the location, but of the high money investors.
Pros
management
benefits
Productive and fast work place
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 17, 2013
A typical work day at Devcon Security consisted of answering high call volume calls from customer regarding their home alarm systems..I learned to assist customers , troubleshoot alarm systems and take customer payments via telephone..my management team was very helpful and there whenever there was an question..there was not necessarily an particular hard part about my previous employer, however what i enjoyed the most was being able to assist customers and possibly satisfy a customer at the end of the day.
Productive and a Friendly environment
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 17, 2013
high call volume.... i learned a lot of things like how to multi-task .. be more helpful..
laid back and friendly workplace with very poor comunication
Retention supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UtahJuly 8, 2013
a typical day at work for me consisted of taking phone calls all day from customers who were interested in cancelling their security system contract.
Pros
very leanient dress code as well as optional lunches and paid 15 minute breaks
Cons
poor managment, not enough communication between the seperate departments.