Devcon Security Employee Reviews

Family-oriented place to work
Senior Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMarch 23, 2017
Definitely enjoyed my 5 plus years at Devcon Security as they were a growing family-owned alarm company making strides in the alarm industry but eventually gave in and sold to the alarm giant ADT. The downfall with working there was the pay raise freeze and there's not too much room for advancement but definitely was a great place to work
Install Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 9, 2017
We were running steady till the company closed. They did nothing for the people who risked their lively hood to join this company and never tried to help
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Test company
Challenging , focused, good hours, great people.
Technician (Former Employee) –  bonita flaOctober 1, 2015
I had enjoyed working with all the people at my work place, the job i had was challenging in regards to the customers but it also was interesting to do. I have learned a lot about speaking to different types of people and had picked up my style of communication from it.
management personnel were great and i had become to understand what it took to be a manager in My last job, but i had decided to move on to the technical aspect because I love working with my hands and utilizing the trouble shooting skills that I had learned in the military.
The only problem i had with my job was getting laid off after the business was taken over and they had decided to merge the office towards their main in hollywood FLA. I really wanted to make this my second career.
Pros
Worked with great personnel . learned a great deal from all my positions.
Cons
The surprise of the industry in regards to take overs
It's what you make of it. No experience need not apply
S.A.R. (Current Employee) –  DFWMarch 29, 2012
As an ex-Brinks/Broadview then ADT sales rep. I have found an excellent home at Devcon. All of our technicians and management have made my stay very enjoyable and I'm able to know that all my installs will go smoothly and what I promised will happen. This is HUGE! Although the transitions and growth of the company have provided us with our fair share of kinks I am confident the future will be very solid as we grow the brand nationally. The pay is fair based on the amount of sales in a very competitive marketplace. Anyone that is new to the security business or is uncomfortable knocking on doors need not apply, but, if you have a good network, a solid work ethic, and love helping to protect people and property you will be a good fit at Devcon!
Pros
great installers and fun group of salespeople
Cons
no company leads to speak of and growing pains.
A fast paced, extremely dynamic workplace
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 27, 2012
A typical day involved working with multiple groups in the organization to determine effectiveness of projects and to improve as necessary.
I learned that every voice is important and feedback from employees is very beneficial for the growth of the organization.
My coworkers are some of the best in the industry - amazing people who really care about how they do their job and the impact on the customer.
The hardest part of the job was the ever changing environment.
What I enjoyed most was the opportunity to watch a small, local brand become an updated, nationwide brand with strong people to stand behind it.
Pros
experience of launching a new brand with a new voice & nation wide foot print.
Cons
benefits, senior executives, adequate phone system, system up time
An optimistic company with great opportunity to grow with promotions
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 17, 2012
Inbound call center where each representative would take between 50 and 60 calls per day while having to maintain company standards in matrix numbers.
Provided ample opportunity to grow and contribute within the company based on a non-discriminatory, work performance basis.
Management kept an open door policy from anything from work related issues to personal problems to help maintain moral.
Became a "second family" to most representatives due to the comradery shared between each individual.
Pros
benefits, family atmosphere
Great Company
Inside Sales Setter / Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lindon, UTFebruary 12, 2015
Great people
loved the company
loved the compensation plan
great management
job culture was great
most enjoyable thing of my work was the people I worked with
As soon as I got comfortable with my job they changed my contract and went to 100% commissions because the company was going under!
Security Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WashingtonAugust 18, 2014
Not a trustworthy place to work for. Not legitimate. The company went under shortly after beginning, forcing it's employee's to change their contracts or lose their position.
Pros
Working with people
Cons
Too many to mention. Dramatic change in compensation, poor management, door to door sales.... the list goes on and on
Dont Waste your time
Sales (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 7, 2012
I have worked for this company since April of 2011, The company is so disorganized. The Upper Management is clueless and the pay stinks. Our checks are always wrong or if we even get them on time. Its basically go get your own sales with no support and not much compensation. I would stay away unless your desperate.....Turn over is thru the roof.
Pros
work your own schedule
Cons
pay, benefits...way too much$$$. upper management, basically it sucks.
Devcon Security
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTDecember 6, 2012
Culturally Devcon is a great place to work, but it is struggling because of key management decisions which have really hurt the company. Despite that, the work is exciting, always changing, and challenging in a good way,
Pros
flexible schedule, great coworkers
Cons
no 401k matching
Unstable with uncertainty of work procedures on weekly basis
Call Center Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 10, 2012
Typical day at work: 10 hour shift, call center, De-escalate irate customer with exceptional customer service experience.
Most I have learned from here is how much it takes to advance into a lead or supervisor position in the corporate company.
Management does not necessarily recognize talent, but more recognize from personal relations.
Most of the co-workers are friendly, hard workers, and easy to get along with.
The hardest part of this job was dealing with inexperience upper managements and company's lack of systematic procedures.
The mos enjoyable part is being one of the lead examples for other co-workers to go to for questions and problem solving assisting customers.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
unstable company lead to closure of company
Relaxed and comfortable atmosphere a family setting
Executive Consumer Affairs (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 16, 2012
A typical day at work would include meeting and greeting co workers all day. As far as work goes I do alot of follow up calls to make sure customers are getting the service they are expecting from the company and myself. The most enjoyable part of my day is resolving the customers concerns to their satisfaction. Once the escalation has reached my department I take ownership until it's completely resolved, one call resolution. It's always difficult when thie things you can't control happens for exampl when the systems are down and it causes a delay in your response time. I've learned a lot from our awsome management team.
Pros
being available to assist the customer to the best of my ability.
Cons
system outages
Started off Great
Lead Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 15, 2013
This company didn't last long. They started off great, with great management, great executive leaders, and a great mindset, however that soon went down.

None I believe was the fault of the immediate leadership at the location, but of the high money investors.
Benefits
Productive and fast work place
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 17, 2013
A typical work day at Devcon Security consisted of answering high call volume calls from customer regarding their home alarm systems..I learned to assist customers , troubleshoot alarm systems and take customer payments via telephone..my management team was very helpful and there whenever there was an question..there was not necessarily an particular hard part about my previous employer, however what i enjoyed the most was being able to assist customers and possibly satisfy a customer at the end of the day.
A challenging and rewarding position
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTNovember 6, 2014
When I first started working here, the company was Pinnacle Security. Since then, there have been two major organizational changes; from Pinnacle to Devcon Security and most recently from Devcon to ADT Security. These company changes were stressful at times, but also provided opportunities for advancement and new responsibilities. Although officially I am an "Administrative Assistant" for the billing and collections department, my actual position and responsibility has really moved beyond that of just an Administrative Assistant. I am also the manager of our Third Party Collections Agencies, I worked on a committee to do an overhaul on policies and processes that involved not only billing and collections, but also customer service and compliance. I served as the liason between our Branch Managers and the Customer Experience team (which included billing, customer service, retention, collections, and inside sales) to solve any questions or concerns they had, and for a while I also worked with our Compliance and legal department communicating directly with customers who gave negative feedback regarding billing on a Customer Satisfaction survey. I also became the resident expert for questions regarding customer contract terms and Fair Debt Collections practices.
Pros
benefits, opportunities to identify improvements and put needed changes into action, very flexible schedule and a lot of freedom
Cons
stressful going through organizational changes and layoffs
Very relax atmosphere, with great Management
Operation Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 18, 2012
typical day: challenging, but so exciting to help others
Whats Learned: Teamwork makes the dream work!!
Management: Excellent
Co Workers: Very Helpful in helping others
Hardest part: dilling with irate customers
Best part: Helping defuse irate customers
Pros
its like a family, everyone helps each other
Cons
shift changes almost every month
Devcon Security
Customer loyalty specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 4, 2012
Great work place environment, management was outstanding. If anything was needed, it was there for you. It's always exciting helping our customer with the satisfaction of their alarm systems. Made them feel so secure within their home. Having a great piece of mind, knowing that everything and anything is being watched over.
Pros
lunch on comapny at time.
Cons
constant 15 minute breaks.
Great work-life balance, great management
Security Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 28, 2013
As an outside sales rep the team at the office is critical to my success. The team we have in Tampa is the best I have ever worked with in the industry.

The commission and bonus structure is great. Although a base pay would be nice.

The work-life balance is fantastic. I am able to keep my own schedule and as long as I produce there is not a problem.
Account Excutive
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 2, 2014
A typical work day was to prospect and close businesses. I learned to always be very activated in prospecting, and my management believe in assisting me. My co-workers were great. The hardest part of my job was I spent to much with the client trying to qualify them for the service. The most enjoyable part of the job was the income and the time.
Typical day
customer service (Former Employee) –  Orem,UtJuly 15, 2015
Taining and helpings new employees meet the expectations required by management in helping provide superior customer service/sales and maintaining a positing attitude.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Devcon Security. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7