Development Office Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Volunteer
Fundraising Assistant (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJuly 15, 2015
In my experience, it is very fair. Director offers lunch everyday and, the people are very friendly. The typical work day is pretty much cod-calling. You are free to do whatever you like or, the only objective is Raising funds for the State Institution
Development Office Job worked well
Secretary (Former Employee) –  West Point, MSSeptember 5, 2014
Worked well with the Director of the Development Office. In obtaining money for the college.
Productive, competitive.
Representative Caller (Former Employee) –  Steubenville OhioNovember 19, 2013
I worked in phone contact with alumni, family and friends of Franciscan University of Steubenville Ohio. I updated the contacts on important events and developments at Franciscan University, as well as informed them of new donation opportunities. I was responsible to communicate effectively with contacts, and document all donations.
The closest to private sector in a collegiate environment
Program Assistant V (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCFebruary 7, 2013
I was the assistant to 10 major gift officers. I learned to prioritize my work based on the demands and needs of this group. This included reconciling all Visa and cash expenditures, making all travel arrangements, typing all their correspondence, creating Access queries and databases for use in organizing events, large scale mailings and organized informational "brown bag" lunches for the university community. Phew!
The most difficult part of my job was to make each and every major gift officer feel that they were the most important to me. I enjoyed always being busy, the day went very fast.
Pros
learned about the importance of fundraising to the university mission.
Cons
sometimes stressful.