Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

Good Jump-Off Point
Manager (Current Employee) –  Red Hook, NYDecember 7, 2017
It is and was a great place to being my ascent in a demanding field of human services but I have now outgrown it and look to catch bigger fish. It is a great place to get training in the ever evolving field of human services.
Very flexible hours
Therapeutic Staff Support (Current Employee) –  Strafford, PADecember 7, 2017
This is a great job to have if you have another job. The money is not bad, but they do not withhold taxes which can be a hassle at times and there are absolutely no benefits. It's a job to have on the side not to make a career or living off of. The best part is as a TSS worker you have the most contact with the clients and can play the biggest role in helping them.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No benefits
Learned alot of things in Mental health
Devereux (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PADecember 6, 2017
I enjoyed working with my clients on a daily basis. I had to come in to the center daily, help them get prepared for their morning acl routine. Then walked clients to breakfast and monitor them and the environment making sure everyone is getting along and doing what they are suppose to do. If necessary restrain patients to keep the environment safe if others were in danger. Take client to lunch. After lunch they do outdoor activity, dr's appointment and etc. After recess clients go back to the classroom and have downtime. Shortly after school is dismissed and they go back to the unit and have quiet time and wait for shift change.
Pros
free lunches and fun activities, day goes by fast
Cons
can be stressful at times and/or become violent
Great job for contract work
CRT (Current Employee) –  Strafford, PADecember 5, 2017
I enjoy working for Devereux and the people with whom I work. I would prefer that we have benefits and be direct employees of Devereux, however. I love my clients and the flexibility in making your own schedule.
Pros
Great group of caring people
Cons
No benefits working as a contractor, would rather be an employee of Devereux
Management non supportive
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  ArizonaDecember 3, 2017
Next to no introduction to the program or responsibilities. Supervisor undermined me from start. I'd been warned by others who had reported to him that he would be this way and that his boss was ineffective. People have quit or changed programs because of him.
Pros
Positive supportive peers
Horrible
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GANovember 28, 2017
We work out of ratio all the time. They do not have enough staff and they put you in positions that are unsafe. The kids come straight out of jail and are rude and disrespectful. The management is rude and you don't feel supported at all. The program is very unorganized and lacks structure. They don't have planned activities for the kids to do, so they have a lot of drama and fights.
Pros
Health care and benefits
Cons
under staffed, rude management
I take care of four high functioning men with a criminal back ground, that has to be in range of sign at all time while at home and in the public.
Direct Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Cape May Court House, NJNovember 28, 2017
It can be a hard job to handle mentaly because of the individuals history they have a criminal back ground. It takes understanding and great team work to be able to make the house run smooth and the individual to be happy.
Pros
Individuals are able to live a some what normal life because of us.
Cons
Workers are not being paid for what they are worth going above and beyond the call of duty..
Program Management for IDD
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  West Deptford, NJ 08096November 27, 2017
As a Program Manager you are expected to be on-call for your group home 24/7. You will answer emergency calls as well as staff who need to call out and you will also answer calls from parents and guardians.

The hardest part of this job is finding good staff who want to work with the IDD population.
not nice
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  West Deptford, NJNovember 23, 2017
I did not like working here there was no where that your could go just staying in one postion all the time like that's dumb do not work here if you like to grow
stressful with little to no support
Lead Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 22, 2017
caseload of 25+ and expected not to work over 40 hours but then they're wondering why our work isn't getting done and demanding this and that. See your kids at 23 days, see parents monthly, attend 10+ court hearings a month and doctor appointments and supervised visits weekly but don't get overtime
Stressful and thankless job
Family Based Therapist (Former Employee) –  Phoenixville, PANovember 22, 2017
Salaried employees were docked vacation time should they not meet billable hours (even if there were no clients to be given); also, no paid days off; again, you had to use earned PTO. This applies to Christmas, Thanksgiving etc. Also, should the agency close due to weather, staff are required to use their earned PTO to cover the time and are not permitted to work from home. Supervisors cannot be bothered to deal with crisis or back up their staff should they need it. Work hours are horrible in that you could be gone all day and only put in a few billable hours due to cancellations, no-shows, etc., all of which fall on the staff to make up for lost time. Staff are stressed and under appreciated in this thankless job.
Pros
Company car usage
Cons
Maximum stress, Little/no support from supervisors
Community Service Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Newfoundland, PANovember 20, 2017
I enjoyed the company I worked for. They were very good with you. Everyone treated you very nice. I did a lot of paperwork and office work. Management was very good and the work place was very good.
no review
Cook (Current Employee) –  League City, TXNovember 20, 2017
Working for Devereux was great. I love working their and would go back if I did not have to re-locate. Best work place every. The Management was great.
Cons
Great if you like getting assualted
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CONovember 18, 2017
I received broken ribs from a client kicking me and crisis happened everyday. You don't get breaks at all. Pay is not worth the assaults you have to deal with every day
excellence in leadership
Admin Assistant to the Asst Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Rutland, MANovember 17, 2017
My experience at Devereux has been wonderful. Excellent, fair-minded leadership and supervision. Balanced and kind in their administration. Genuine concern for staff.
Thoughts
Lead Educator (Current Employee) –  League City, TXNovember 17, 2017
Just No Words to describe working here at all. Even if I started to describe it the words would not adequately convey what this is a one star place.
Devereux
Behavior Specialist (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FL 32724November 16, 2017
Devereux is an amazing organization to work for. They provide excellent benefits and flexibility. The management and culture are professional and person-centered. The organization strives to gain employment satisfaction and will work with you and your family to overcome barriers.
busy
Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 15, 2017
Devereux is a fast paced environment. It is a great place to learn about child development. The agency has many different locations offering a large variety of roles. mobility between departments is always possible
High physical and mental stressors, very poor supervisors
Teacher (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 13, 2017
some staff great to work with, love the children and adult clients.
Staff tend to be harsh and hateful to clients and there is an awful lot of inter staff drama. Supervisors are cut throat, two face and will throw you under the bus if they don't think you're doing what they want you to do ( not necessarily what is best for the clients).
Pros
benefits and pay are reasonable
Cons
extream stress, mostly caused by staff
productive and fun workplace
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PANovember 13, 2017
Very enjoyable place to work with great benefits and paid time off. Very friendly environment and always room to be moved up. .Everyone is very helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9