Devereux Employee Reviews in United States

Great team and great clients
Residential Program specialist (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PANovember 9, 2015
Clients were respectful of staff
Optional shift change if necessary.
I came to love and appreciate persons with disabilities.
Pros
Supportive team and management.
Cons
Mandatory extension of shift if reliever didnt show.
Great place to interact and encourage young people.
Americorps Mentor (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLOctober 28, 2015
Being able to work with and encourage youth to excel and reach this full potential was very gratifying and fulfilling. I would do it again if given the opportunity.
Pros
Flexible schedule and the exercising of my creativity
Cons
Neeced more structure and pay.
Great work place
Assist the clients (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, PAOctober 19, 2015
Love working with the clients. They are very smart and funny. Talking to the clients is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Productive work place
Clinical Intern (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAOctober 19, 2015
The therapists at Devereux actually care about the clients they are counseling. The safety and well-being of the children are far more of a priority than their own.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Healthcare companies prevent success
Health care recruitment agency
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rutland, MAOctober 16, 2015
Offered various shifts within various health care settings i.e. hospital, retirement home, mental health wards and you can work them depending on your availability
Pros
flexible, varied
Cons
can't settle in one location, limited hours, lower pay rate
The hardest part of the job
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaOctober 13, 2015
Is not being recognized for your efforts. Getting moved to different units due to staffing shortages and pending investigations.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Low wages
Amazing staff members
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  League City, TXOctober 11, 2015
The typical day is just putting on my work shirt an signing in sometimes i do forget the hair net or gloves an the other workers would remind me. sign in an go to the manager to find out what I'm doing today. it varies from maintaining the salad bar to dish room restocking cleaning the shelves counting products. it depends on where I'm needed. My co workers are in my opinion amazing they help out with everything are always friendly. The most difficult part of the job i believe would be restocking, Wednesdays is when the trucks come so we get extra helpers in the morning to help unpack organize things of that matter. I believe the enjoyable part was working with the others. Everyone got along it was always fun to work with them we joked an laughed but still go tour work done. It was easier for all of the new workers who started with us to adjust an they were helpful with things such as the pans go here or helping us figure out how to add up our hours.
Pros
friendly staff free lunch
Cons
not many hours offered
Stressful but learning experience
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FlOctober 9, 2015
Great learning experience. Everyone is there to help you learn and grow. There is room for elevation in the company. the work can be overwhelming at times.
Amazing place to work
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAOctober 7, 2015
I learned a lot of patience with this job but loved working with the clients. The supervisors had good communication and appreciated the staff. My co-workers were really respectful and had good communication.
Pros
Great individuals to work with and supervisor/management/co-workers were great too
Average
Behavior Support (Current Employee) –  West ChesterOctober 6, 2015
Average place to work. It will help you get by for the time being. Progression depends on which department you are in. Its something to do better than idling.
Pros
Something to do
Cons
Pay
A typical day
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 28, 2015
This job is overwhelming for the compensation. It is more manageable when you have a supportive supervisor but it is still extremely difficult to get a work/life balance.
Good Experience
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 28, 2015
I enjoyed work for this company. My work day were busy and I was supported by my team. Management was poor because the turnover was high.
Pros
i enjoy working for this company
Cons
Management was poor
great company
direct care (Former Employee) –  PASeptember 15, 2015
overall great and rewarding place to work
good place to gain experience in psychology field
excellent benefits package
Every day was a new adventure!!
Human Services Professional (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 12, 2015
Over all, my experience was a good one. The hours were long and it appears that there was little compensation or consideration for the consecutive shifts worked and the long hours. It was very hard to balance a personal life while working here.
Pros
The experience working in the mental health field
Cons
Long work hours with little to no compensation.
Excellent Company
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Kinderhook, NYSeptember 8, 2015
Good Company. Really makes a difference in the lives of the individuals they serve.Provides excellent training. Work can be demanding, but it provides opportunities for personal growth and learning.
Pros
Develop a lot of important skills. Awesome Social Service Agency
Cons
Pay scale can do with some improvement
The company's purpose was to provide homes and programs to help increase independence for individuals with developmental disabllities.
Program Supervisor Managed staff productivity (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJSeptember 8, 2015
On paper the company had good intentions to achieve the mission statement for each individual in its care. In actuality the tools provided made it difficult to reach the goals petitioned by the company, and demanded by the State.

My day began with reviewing activities implemented by the previous overnight staff to ensure all procedures were followed. Reviewing check lists and medication count were two main follow through methods utilized to achieve overview. Creating menus, monthly activities, staffing schedules, transportation records, attending meetings, interviewing, recruiting, and observations for potential employees, covering positions for absent staff members, transporting clients to medical appointments or retrieving clients from their daily programs, shopping for environmental products, accounting for clients' financial resources, monitoring accuracy in clients daily recordings, replenishing office supplies, creating monthly goal missions for annual achievements, Coordinating monthly meetings with supervised staff members. Weekly interactions with caregivers or stakeholders of the clients.
Pros
Good Health Plan
Cons
Low pay, and expectations were not supported by tools and management. Constant staff turnover.
Mainly involved in psychological testing for adolescents and youth who were at this residential faciility.
School Psychologist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 2, 2015
This was a contract assessment position, but with agency credentials. Results of assessment were given to the case managers of the students.
Great place to work I love helping others
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 31, 2015
I enjoy working at Devereux, I enjoy helping those that have mental disabilities. It is a very fulfilling job. I have to always be on my toes and each day is different.
Pros
Free Lunches, good benefits
Cons
working part time
Great place to learn an introduction to Residential life
Assistant Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Rutland, MAAugust 27, 2015
Working at Devereux is incredibly difficult, as you have to learn to manage aggressive kids that may also have developmental disorders and a history of trauma. Devereux provides a good work environment and teaches you patience and creativity in dealing with difficult situations.
Good Experience but no life
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Newfoundland, PAAugust 26, 2015
This job has gotten me very good experience in the field but you literally have NO life! They expect you to work 80 hours a week and weekends! You make 10.00$ even with a degree, which is ridiculous.
benefits
Cons
no life