Devon Energy Employee Reviews

A company that was interested in taking care of their employees and the community they worked in.
Field Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, TXApril 10, 2017
This company provided excellent benefits, concern for the environment and raised money for the local United Way by holding events like lunches, clay shooting and auctions matching what was raised locally. They also held family oriented events throughout the year.

I had the opportunity to advance in work responsibilities throughout my time with the company. They offered on-site and computer based courses and encouraged their employees to participate in advancing their education.

Individuals and vendors were held responsible for safety in everything they did in their work environments. The company held training events on-site and took that training out to the vendors locations. There were strict policies in place that were to be followed in everything that was done on a daily basis. They also had a rating system in place for their vendors, which encouraged safety and alerted companies that needed to improve their standards if they wanted to continue to be considered for work with the company.
Pros
Excellent Benefits, Educational Opportunities and Safety
Cons
Lack of local advancement
excellent benefits
Energy Market Professional (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 10, 2017
A great place to work. Not sure if all management is highly trained to be promoted as managers. Constantly changing environment. The right opportunities are available for those who catch the eye of the right manager. Corporate culture is positive.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Not all mgmt on the same page and lack of experience for some mgmt
Great company with attractive benefits
Crude Oil Marketing Rep (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 5, 2017
Devon is a very solid company, from a financial perspective, that takes prudent and smart risks. Great benefits and typically a very good work/life balance.
Completions
Completion Foreman (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 4, 2017
A typical day would be looking over wellview reports on the activities the day before, editing going forward. I learned a loot about thinking on my feet, and new things that were helpful in future problems. Management was good to work for, and helped with al aspects of new training. Sometimes the job would be overwhelming in the aspect of consultants not able to carry out all work designs. People and compensation made the job very fun and exciting
Pros
Good bosses
Cons
Bad bosses
Talk is cheap "Action speaks louder than words" Integrety and Commitment are words, where's the action?
Drilling Engineer Manager I (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 11, 2017
Could have been a great company, but turned out just like most oil industry companies, no company loyalty to employees, were workers ideas are exploited by lower management, then good employees are terminated/laid off.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
No Integrity, commitment & loyalty to employees
A great place to work.
Manager, Evaluation and Planning (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 9, 2017
A great place to work with wonderful facilities. Rewarded generously for a job well done. Tools provided to improve your marketability and value to the company.
Lease Operator Level (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, TXFebruary 21, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of checking 50+ gas wells. I maintained production while working safely. I learned to be a team member and manage time efficelently. the most enjoyable part of my job was working outside and getting my work done!! Management was great and I got along well with others.
Pros
Great pay and great benefits
Cons
I got laid off due to oil prices
Good Benefits
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Cresson, TXFebruary 19, 2017
It's life in the oilfield, there is a roller coaster ride of emotions and and job stability. New field structure removes any chance of furthering knowledge or advancement.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
unstable market
Very good company to work for.
Contract Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 14, 2017
I was only a Contract Accountant but from my experience it was a great company to work for. Very good benefits. Great facility and a lot of community involvement.
Used to be top 100 places to work for
Lease Operator I (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, TXFebruary 13, 2017
Loved working for this company. The pay was great, the benefits were great and you were allowed a lot of freedom. The gas price drop in 09 changed the culture a lot and it stays the same today. You now worry about your job every day, and they just laid off 100 people last year at this time.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
very stressful culture on job security
Great place to work. One big family.
Construction Foreman (Former Employee) –  I worked in Bridgeport Tex.January 27, 2017
I loved working there. The benefits are great. There are a lot of meetings but they for the most part were fun. The people are one big family. We was always doing things for the community. I would highly recommend it as a great work place.
Pros
Great pay, off all holidays. If you need something there is always some one there for you.
Cons
When the oil and gas prices struggle so do they.
GIS Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 24, 2017
Devon is a fantastic place to work. Work life balance is great, compensation is remarkable, and the company likes getting ideas from it's employees. I would recommend to anyone.
Pros
Compensation, Team Work
Cons
Stressful at times
I really enjoyed working for Devon Energy
Revenue Accountant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 23, 2017
They gave a great work/life balance. Provided excellent health benefits. Also, they care about their employees. I worked with great individuals that took the time to care about their coworkers.
Pros
Health Insurance, gym membership and other benefits
Cons
Due to the oil and gas industry they had to lay off hundreds of employees
Devon Energy
PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN/ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 19, 2017
This was the best Oil Company I worked for. Loved everyone I worked with.

I worked with the Production superintendents and Manager at a high level.

It was hard for me to leave this position, but our Residential Home building was really going full force and my company needed me to be full time. We were building a lot of custom homes.
Pros
Loved my fellow employess
Cons
Not enough flexibility to work RAH Home full time
Really great workplace that really cared about its employees.
WellCon Drilling Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 4, 2017
Devon energy is a fantastic company that really tries to provide the best environment for its employees. With the down turn of oil the environment has definitely gotten worse but they are still a great company.
Dream Job
Petroleum Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXDecember 29, 2016
I was paid very well for an intern. The atmosphere was very organized and professional. My mentor was a super nice guy who took the time out of his busy schedule to answer my questions and ensure my presentation was well prepared.
Pros
Great pay and work environment
Cons
Due to low oil prices I was laid off along with all my school mates
Devon Energy is a productive and fun place to work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 6, 2016
Completed day-to-day operations, complex travel planning, training, org. charts, pay roll, expense reports, vacations, supply orders, and routing mail
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short Breaks
Very high stressful environment!
Assistant Foreman Production (Former Employee) –  Artesia, NMNovember 21, 2016
Was a great company in the beginning. After company layoffs, company started to fall apart. Very poor management in some areas. There are still some great people there.
Pros
Great people, great benefits.
Cons
Poor management
Great Benefits & Great Place to Work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 16, 2016
Devon is great place to work and offers great benefits to their employees. I have learned a lot about the oil & gas industry during my time here in upstream, downstream and midstream.
A good place to work
Budget and Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 16, 2016
Devon is a good company to work for and has a great culture. I had friends in various departments and based on the feedback I received from them it really depends on your manager to create the right environment. I had some challenges especially when it came to goal setting and department direction but overall I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Great building
Cons
Not very clear goals and daily taskings

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Devon Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2