Devon Energy

Devon Energy Employee Reviews

Great Benefits and family environment
IT Employee (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 2, 2015
Great place to work...enjoyed the family atmosphere and the challenge of new exciting opportunities...great place to work in OKC.
Very light workload made the days go by slowly
Field Admit Support II (Former Employee), Canadian, TXMay 28, 2015
Pros: Benefits
A typical day started with booting up my computer and checking me dashboard to see how many invoices were in my queue to be coded. Most of the time I would be done coding by lunch time Then I spent the rest of the afternoon offering assistance to other people in the office. On days that they didn't have anything for me to work on, I would spend the afternoon taking online training courses through Devon's educational site.
I loved my co-workers. I felt like I became friends with almost everyone there. The hardest part of the job was getting bored when no one in the office needed help with anything. The most enjoyable part was how quickly I became competent and confident in my job.
Dont waste your time
Completions Foreman (Former Employee), Artesia, NMMay 6, 2015
Pay is great. co workers are terrible. cannot think of any thing enjoyable about it. there is no structure with in this company
ok I guess ???
Production Operator (Former Employee), Garden City KsApril 23, 2015
Pros: some freedom
Cons: management was insulting at times...
lot of things not revealed until hired... then assets were sold after a year of me being there. Picked up knowledge within industry that I had seeked but it was rough getting it
Fun work place with new challenges daily
Environmental Health and Safety Consultant (Former Employee), Artesia, NMMarch 30, 2015
Pros: great pay, team atmosphere
Cons: long nights, crazy hours
Daily safety meeting were held by myself at 5:30 AM and 5:30 PM where in instructed rig crews only daily safety procedures related to the days activities. I oversaw the daily activities as well as daily rig audits.
great place to work
Completion Consultant (Former Employee), Cuero, TXMarch 18, 2015
good place to work. Good company culture. Great Pay. Safety first. Would recommend to anyone in the oilfield. I would like to work for them again in the future.
Healthy and supportive work environment
Division Order Analyst, Level II (Former Employee), HoustonMarch 12, 2015
Devon really cares about creating a close-knit, caring community of employees, and it shows it a healthy work environment that yields good results.
Very Organized
Application Support Analyst (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 10, 2015
Pros: trainings
It was a great work Experience at Devon, lots of opportunity to learn and grow in the career. Positive team work and good coordination and very flexible in adverse natural calamities
Good Place with good people
Drilling Consultant (Former Employee), North Zulch, TXFebruary 19, 2015
I enjoyed my time with devon. I learned productive and efficient ways to drill for oil and gas. Direct contact with supervisors and engineers made for a good working relationship while drilling.
IT Service Center Associate (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 9, 2015
Devon provides a great work atmosphere, benefits and advancement potential. Compensation was also great and it has been hard to find something matching it for the work done.
A field of supervisors that adds up to over 100 yrs of knowledge
Consultant (Current Employee), WyomingFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: traveling, meeting new people, the stories
Cons: being away from your family, who will lose thier job when the oilfield slows down.
Oversee drilling operations, I learned how to better manage the operation; you lead by example in management and co-workers work as a team. Hardest part of the job is to let everyone confidentially know under and above you that you have everything under control and if you don't know the answer we will find someone who does, being away from family should be everyone's too. Finally the most enjoyable part of the job well its like I always say "once you find a job you enjoy, its stops being a job; its an adventure". Not many people find something they enjoy doing, but as for me; this is one job I definitely enjoy and love.
HSE Advisor Consultant (Former Employee), Carlsbad, NMJanuary 27, 2015
Enjoyed the job and the people I worked with. Upper Management did not seem to exhibit the same culture that they attempted to project.
excellent company
Drilling Consultant (Current Employee), Permian BasinDecember 29, 2014
I had to opportunity to work alongside some very good consultants who taught me strategies that I can employ in my directional drilling career.
Great Environment - Would consider strongly.
SharePoint Consultant (Former Employee), OKC OKNovember 18, 2014
I truly enjoyed working at Devon, I left for personal reasons outside Devon's influence. I doubt I would hesitate to accept another position with them should I find myself in the position to.
Productive and fun place to work
Engineering Analytics & Data Management Intern (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 15, 2014
Pros: text mining work and model building
I have learnt a lot by applying techniques which i learnt in school on real time data. Most of my work was concentrated on text mining and models building.

The team was always supporting in terms of delivering ideas.

The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job was to understand literature in context of text mining
Sams Club
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Navajo Dam, NMNovember 3, 2014
Marketing-Travel- co-workers and the management team believe in the business
Hit or miss depending on the department
Business Systems Analyst Consultant (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 28, 2014
Pros: nice pay and benefits
Cons: constant state of flux, no clear communication across all levels of management
In the oil and gas industry, IT is looked at more as a cost center than a value add. While that view is changing slowly, it's still not that uncommon to hear "you don't need a computer to get oil out of the ground."

Overall, devon is a good company, and pays really well. There is a shortage of developers there as the business doesn't have a good understanding of the amount of time and effort that goes into software development. The company is in a constant state of flux, which makes it difficult to drive toward any sort of vision or long term plan. In some areas, there is way too much red tape, politics, and an excessive amount of procedures to navigate. In other areas, it's clear that processes are not in place at all and need to be established.

To make things more complicated, devon is struggling with the transition from waterfall to agile methodology. In order for agile to be successful, the company will have to embrace a culture change, which is challenging in any corporate environment.
Devon offers a lot of diversity, challenging projects and energetic work environment.
Tax Analyst (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 20, 2014
Great benefits. A lot of training opportunities that management actually encourages one to participate in. The people were the most enjoyable part of the job...
Great Company
Lease Operator (Former Employee), Carthage, TXOctober 8, 2014
Great company to work for. Great group of people to work with.
Good
PIPELINE OPERATOR (Current Employee), Cresson TxSeptember 8, 2014
Work with Pipelines and Compressor operator, Work on Dehy's run pigs perform Locates, perform leak surveys and valve inspections on all DOT classed lines

1 2 3 4

About Devon Energy

Independent oil and gas producer Devon Energy puts its energy into oil and gas fields far from England's southwestern coast, in – Read more

Devon Energy Salaries