Devon Energy

Devon Energy Employee Reviews

excellent company
Drilling Consultant (Current Employee), Permian BasinDecember 29, 2014
I had to opportunity to work alongside some very good consultants who taught me strategies that I can employ in my directional drilling career.
Great Environment - Would consider strongly.
SharePoint Consultant (Former Employee), OKC OKNovember 18, 2014
I truly enjoyed working at Devon, I left for personal reasons outside Devon's influence. I doubt I would hesitate to accept another position with them should I find myself in the position to.
Productive and fun place to work
Engineering Analytics & Data Management Intern (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 15, 2014
Pros: text mining work and model building
I have learnt a lot by applying techniques which i learnt in school on real time data. Most of my work was concentrated on text mining and models building.

The team was always supporting in terms of delivering ideas.

The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job was to understand literature in context of text mining
Sams Club
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Navajo Dam, NMNovember 3, 2014
Marketing-Travel- co-workers and the management team believe in the business
Hit or miss depending on the department
Business Systems Analyst Consultant (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 28, 2014
Pros: nice pay and benefits
Cons: constant state of flux, no clear communication across all levels of management
In the oil and gas industry, IT is looked at more as a cost center than a value add. While that view is changing slowly, it's still not that uncommon to hear "you don't need a computer to get oil out of the ground."

Overall, devon is a good company, and pays really well. There is a shortage of developers there as the business doesn't have a good understanding of the amount of time and effort that goes into software development. The company is in a constant state of flux, which makes it difficult to drive toward any sort of vision or long term plan. In some areas, there is way too much red tape, politics, and an excessive amount of procedures to navigate. In other areas, it's clear that processes are not in place at all and need to be established.

To make things more complicated, devon is struggling with the transition from waterfall to agile methodology. In order for agile to be successful, the company will have to embrace a culture change, which is challenging in any corporate environment.
Devon offers a lot of diversity, challenging projects and energetic work environment.
Tax Analyst (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 20, 2014
Great benefits. A lot of training opportunities that management actually encourages one to participate in. The people were the most enjoyable part of the job...
Great Company
Lease Operator (Former Employee), Carthage, TXOctober 8, 2014
Great company to work for. Great group of people to work with.
Good
PIPELINE OPERATOR (Current Employee), Cresson TxSeptember 8, 2014
Work with Pipelines and Compressor operator, Work on Dehy's run pigs perform Locates, perform leak surveys and valve inspections on all DOT classed lines
Great job!
Records Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: holiday and seasonal family gatherings.
Cons: being laid off.
Before it was acquired in 2000, it was a great place to work for.
Excellent Company, great people
Lead Analyst (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 21, 2014
Excellent people to work with. New and exciting challenges everyday.
Devon was a great place to work as a consultant
Consultant Drilling Engineer (Former Employee), Oklahoma CityAugust 14, 2014
Promotes learning and trusts employees with challenging work.
Team based work culture
Contract Worker for Devon
Admin Assist / Document Control (Current Employee), Calumet, OKJuly 31, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: management disconnected, caused by attending too many meetings with other management instead of talking to employees.
Work with good people who appreciate hard work and dedication. Also work under some members of management who even though they are not involved in the day to day duties, don't listen to those who perform those duties. My immediate supervisors were very appreciative and worked well as a team to accomplish projects.
Great People
Independent Safety Consultant (Lead Safety Tech) (Current Employee), Artesia, NMJuly 22, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: no real integrity from management
Devon Energy has a lot of superb drilling professionals and is a great atmosphere. Their commitment to safety looks and sounds good when discussed publicly. Their commitment is only superficial and does not meet the corporate goals of an incident free workplace. Safety is discussed in every meeting but there is no genuine commitment to safety and there is still an obvious diconnect between operations and EHS.
Rated one of the best places to work
Project Planner/ Architect (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 15, 2014
The business environment enables performance with the state of the art technology
Management is responsive to the path of excellence
hardest part of the job was convincing the teams to imbibe new technology
Productive and fun place to work with fitness center on-site
RECORDS SERVICES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 10, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job was making certain that the data could be readily obtainable to the business users.
Video Conferencing Engineer (Former Employee), Houston TX.June 25, 2014
Pros: see above
Cons: i don't have any cons.
I worked in the Houston office and everyone was easy to work with from the top down. I also worked out of the OKC office from time to time and they were just as easy to work with.
I was a contractor so I don’t have firsthand experience on compensation but they were #3 or #4 for compensation, one of the years I was there in the "100 best places to work" publication.
They are community minded and are very involved in charity work.
Great experience in a short-term project
Desktop Migration Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 13, 2014
Pros: great organization
Cons: it was only a project.
Although this was a one month project I enjoyed my time there. I cannot comment on the long term dynamics however. I was happy to experience the opportunity to use and learn up to date technology at the time.
Great upper management clear vision
Operations (Current Employee), OKCMay 5, 2014
Pros: culture, people, benifits
Cons: it's the oilfield... you have to be willing to go where the money is
Work hard get treated with respect and rewarded well, upper management has a clear understand and vision and are consistent in tearing that down.
Great company to work for.
Geophysical Consultant (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 28, 2014
Enjoyed working for Devon. Competent management and a great environment to work in.
Great company
Compressor Mechanic (Former Employee), Calumet OKMarch 18, 2014
Pros: salary, emplyoyees, supervisors
Arrive to the office in Calumet OK at the processing plant, check in with my supervisor make sure he didn't anything before leaving to check the stations assigned to me.
Industry