DeVore Recruiting Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great firm if you would like to work from a home office
Executive Healthcare Recruiter / Biz Dev (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAMarch 6, 2017
This is a great organization if you would like to work from a home office, are able to work without any supervision, can work as a sole recruiter and without much management. Lots of tools and support.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
working from home office without supervision and a team
Enjoyable work atmosphere
Intern (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CaliforniaMarch 14, 2013
I currently finshed up an internship at De Vore recruiting. The President has a good attitude. Hours are flexible, which is always a plus. I learned how to find job orders for client and also how to source candidates for those job orders. Great communication over the phone is expressed greatly with this company. Overall my experience with this company was great, I was able to add to my skills. Great management and great co-workers.
Productive company with strong closing history
Medical placement specialist for Hospitals (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks CAOctober 22, 2012
Worked 8-5. Sometimes half day on Saturday. I learned all the medical positions and their requirements for hire as well as the execution of the employees duties. I learned how to restructure resumes, and prepare candidates for interviews and how to negotiate with both clients and employees to make a hiring fit. My co-workers were professional and dependable. The hardest part of the job is getting new contracts from perspective clients. Finding a the right fit for both employer and employee was very gratifying.
Pros
great commision and weekly lunches
Cons
very pushy slaes management
Good people, fun environment, income is entirely effort and skill dependent.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAJune 29, 2012
President is very flexible with hours. Typically recruiters arrive at 8:00am. East coast clients and candidates are dialed first. The company between 8-9am will talk strategy if needed. The day is spent on the phone or using online resources such as indeed.com, careerbuilder and linkedin professional to search for contracts or to find qualified candidates.
Overall this job boosted my communication skills quite a bit. Recognizing who you're speaking with and where the conversation needs to go.
Recruiters in general are an interesting breed of people. Never a dull day.
Most enjoyable part of the day was my bosses humor and/or signing contracts.
Pros
huge commission potential 30-60% of submitted candidates 1st year salary, flexible hours, laid back work environment
Cons
organization is a bit messy at time. communication can be distracting at times, leading to less calls made.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DeVore Recruiting. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2