DeVore Recruiting Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Good people, fun environment, income is entirely effort and skill dependent.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAJune 29, 2012
President is very flexible with hours. Typically recruiters arrive at 8:00am. East coast clients and candidates are dialed first. The company between 8-9am will talk strategy if needed. The day is spent on the phone or using online resources such as indeed.com, careerbuilder and linkedin professional to search for contracts or to find qualified candidates.
Overall this job boosted my communication skills quite a bit. Recognizing who you're speaking with and where the conversation needs to go.
Recruiters in general are an interesting breed of people. Never a dull day.
Most enjoyable part of the day was my bosses humor and/or signing contracts.
Pros
huge commission potential 30-60% of submitted candidates 1st year salary, flexible hours, laid back work environment
Cons
organization is a bit messy at time. communication can be distracting at times, leading to less calls made.
Productive company with strong closing history
Medical placement specialist for Hospitals (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks CAOctober 22, 2012
Worked 8-5. Sometimes half day on Saturday. I learned all the medical positions and their requirements for hire as well as the execution of the employees duties. I learned how to restructure resumes, and prepare candidates for interviews and how to negotiate with both clients and employees to make a hiring fit. My co-workers were professional and dependable. The hardest part of the job is getting new contracts from perspective clients. Finding a the right fit for both employer and employee was very gratifying.
Pros
great commision and weekly lunches
Cons
very pushy slaes management

2.5