DEVRO Employee Reviews

slow paced
Shirring Operator (Former Employee) –  Swansea, SCOctober 2, 2017
this company laid off a lot of employees due to the opening of the new plant and didn't have enough work for everyone to stay. hours were long and had to stand all of the shift except for breaks
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long work hours/swing shift
Very safe and efficient place to work at
Shipping & Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Swansea, SCApril 2, 2017
This was a temp to hire job I love going to work every day and management staff and people. Really kept you informed on what's going on with the company wish I had got hired on full-time company was in a rebuilding process temp to hire job
Pros
Very safe and nice place to work at
Cons
Temp to hire job
not bad
Operator (Former Employee) –  Sandy Run, SCFebruary 1, 2017
relied on a temp work force could have a good place to work and they were in the process of building a new plant. no guarantee of permanent work
Pros
people
Cons
no guarantee
Manufacturing of edible collagen casing
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Swansea, SCNovember 8, 2016
Good place to work , but needs better management and HR department.The process is genius I like being apart of the production team but there's thing that could be improved .
Pros
Normal.
Cons
Productive area and paid well
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Swansea, SCOctober 27, 2016
it was a 12 hour rotating shift. I leaned how to operate machines and make sausage casings , The hardest was when I first starting learning how to trim the casings and handle the strands when they were fragile. The most enjoyable part was learning how to operate the machines and learning something different.
Pros
breaks
Cons
working all holidays
Good work place
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Swansea, SCOctober 24, 2016
The company has a lot of potential and the environment was good to work in. The people was very good to work with and were there to assist me whenever I needed help0
Great Place to Work
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Sandy Run, SCSeptember 15, 2016
I enjoyed working here, we were not only employees, but like a family. I was able to advance to different positions within the company due to my hard work and capabilities. I had hoped to retire from this company, but due to business decisions, I was laid off. It was a great place to work with good Managers and Co-workers.
Productive and fun to work with a multicultural people.
Utility Operator (Current Employee) –  Swansea, SCSeptember 4, 2016
Lots of overtime is giving which I love to do, when I have a goal to meet within my future plans. Devro is very great company to work for, I discovered the people who worked their, had been there over 20 plus years, and every single one of those person said they loved it here.
Pros
The hours and extra overtime
Cons
When the shift changes from am to pm
Productive and fun place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sandy Run, SCAugust 4, 2016
I worked here for a little over a year and I can say i enjoyed working there. The coworkers were nice and easy to get along with. The work was easy and not hard at all to catch on. And it was more like a laid back environment.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Breaks were kind of short
A fun place to work
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 18, 2016
A typical day for me was processing payroll. I would occasionally fill in a scheduler to make sure that all machines were running to their full potential and employees had the proper tools and equipment to do their job. I cannot really say there was a hard part of this job because management always encouraged employees to grow and my direct supervisor would send me to classes to help me to gain further knowledge in my job. The only reason I left was because the company downsized and moved to a different state and I was not in a position to relocate.
Pros
Looked forward to going to work, I would do monthly shopping for monthly employee awards, schedule meetings and oversee them for management.
Cons
Health care was not the best
Casing Manufacturing
Manufacturing Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 12, 2016
Also place to work, I would recommend for others to work in the near future. Lastly the employees at this organization make the company.
Pros
Work life
Cons
material
Great environment, great coworkers
Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Swansea, SCApril 14, 2016
Great coworkers,thats about it, could use better working hours. Hardest part of the job was the drive to work. A typical day consisted of work and more work.
Pros
family enviroment
Cons
managment
Great Benefits
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Swansea, SCFebruary 20, 2016
This company offer great benefits and the pay is not bad for this area. However it is 12hr swing shift , which can interfere with family time . Not a bad place to work .
Pros
Employees are appreciated
Cons
Devro - Chair and Team Captain (Current Employee) –  Columbia SCJanuary 22, 2016
organization communication refers to the methods and opening up communication within an organization like with the company. individual who specialize in organization communication must have an understanding and work with my co-work. Many positions in the field that I require formal training. The manager conflict ant planner event that help the communication come overdoing the strong communication and problem-solving skills.
Pros
30 min
Cons
15 min
Great Pay
Shirring Operator (Current Employee) –  Swansea, SCSeptember 23, 2015
great place to provide for your family and self. Management needs a course on communication. No advancement to become permanent
Fun Group
C1/Dryer Technician (Former Employee) –  Swansea, SCJuly 27, 2015
Enjoyed working at Devro a lot of good people and management is trying to make it even better. Love to see what Devro looks like in 10 years.

Hated getting laid off but business is business and sometimes hard decisions have to be made.
Pros
The People
Cons
Getting laid off
My outlook on being a team player
Utility Operator (Current Employee) –  Swansea, SCApril 6, 2015
I was taught at an early age that being helpful to complete a goal defines the qualities of becoming a great leader. With my military background and skills,professional work ethic, and the right attitude towards any task, and willing to work with anyone who has the same mindset gives me the optimistic hope of being able to meet and exceed any task given. Most companies have an authority figure to answer to and we as a group must respect the management and supervision in order to have a understanding that we all have a job to do. On any given day, there is and will be a possibility factor that things will go wrong. As a team player, the opportunity to turn or make the best out of whatever has gone wrong into a positive outcome makes the job easier. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the company you work for as a whole by playing your part benefits great results and your organization gets the recognition it deserves because of the willingness and sacrifice you have made
Pros
Recognition such as bonuses
Cons
Equipment or system failure (disablement)