DeVry Education Group Employee Reviews

It felt like a family
Pharmacy Technology Program Director (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 9, 2017
Everyone really worked as a team and treated everyone like family.
Not one person looked out for themselves but looked out for everyone. Everyone pitched in to help each other out.
My coworkers were like my family, management was very easy to work with. You were able to voice your opinions without any retaliation.
Pros
flexible, people
Cons
not applicable
Company is run like a government agency
Senior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMarch 1, 2017
There is a lot of bureaucracy and red tape. Everyone has great ideas, but the culture is lacking in order to push initiatives forward.
Pros
reduced price on tuition. 401K is vested 100% on day 1. Success share is a nice bonus.
Cons
benefits are lacking. The annual pay increases don't offset the increase in the medical premiums.
Great Mission & Great Culture
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILNovember 17, 2016
DeVry Education Group offers a great culture and mission that I am proud to be a part of. Although, I don't work with students directly, I know that I am helping our students succeed indirectly. I enjoy being exposed to all institutions under the DeVry Group organization. I have the opportunity to work with talented innovative colleagues that motivate and challenge me.
Typical Day
Senior Manager, IT, Service and Support (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook, ILMarch 6, 2017
Fast pace and involved multi-tasking
Daily reporting on previous day statistics
Assign daily tasks to team of 5 individuals for setting up new system accounts and 5 individual for 1st level support tickets.
Assist customers and resolve issues or concerns
Decent work environment
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILSeptember 22, 2016
Work was answering calls, developing solutions, storing that data.
Learned Salesforce CRM, Active Directory, Service Now, Oracle Fusion Middleware.
Supervisors very relaxed approach.
Co-workers helpful, many weren't around much of time since worked remotely majority of week.
Difficult part customers would sometimes not listen and asked many repetitive questions even after getting appropriate problem solving.
Was NOT allowed to remote connect with customers.
Nice office.
The higher ups steals you hard work
employee (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2017
The management is very good at taking your work for its own. You will watch them be on the phones, so they don't get caught using the company internet. Its a great place if you like low pay and no appreciation if you aren't on the inside.
Great Culture!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJanuary 19, 2017
DeVry Education Group offers a great education to their students in addition to being a wonderful place to have a career! The culture, people and TEACH values are things I enjoy about this organization.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
N/A
Too much inconsistency and micromanaging
Best wisher (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJanuary 13, 2017
Too much micromanaging. Current role shared when interviewed was not consistent with my actual role. To much internal politics.
Cons
Micromanaging from top level leadership
overall
Director, Student Finance (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 27, 2017
I enjoyed my time at this company and would recommend it to anyone. They have a good culture and great people.

Every building I went in the people were friendly hard working and caring.
Ability to Work From Home
Family Nurse Practitioner-Practicum Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILFebruary 10, 2017
My typical Day fluctuated as I was able to make my own hours and work form home. If I had trouble sleeping I would start extra early.
layoff
Student Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILFebruary 25, 2017
Lay off were very common and plentiful. If you didn't follow exactly the rules. you were in trouble. not teaching moments. high turn over. stressful place
Average Organization
Student Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILDecember 2, 2016
Pretty good company. Average wages. Great co-workers. Average management. Need more opportunities for advancement.
slaved high pressured phone sales
Sr admissions rep (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJune 6, 2016
As a Sr. ADMISSIONS REP I was constantly pressured to make 150 calls a day or else. Constantly being threaten of lost of job if certain amount of calls leading to enrollments wer not met. Absolutely no job security and management from the president down to his receptionist wer horrible. At the beginning they make themselves seem so highly and mighty with there so call teach values and high ethical and moral standards. ...Folks...it's all a lie....take it from me. I was a phone slave there for over 2 years...y I stayed....hmmm free tuition....wouldn't you?????
Pros
health benifits...free tuition
Cons
management
Sinking Ship
Registrar Specialist (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 7, 2016
We have gone through massive layoffs in the past year. Anyone being hired now is a last ditch effort. Proceed at your own risk.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
No security
Global Company with outstanding culture
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook, ILJune 22, 2016
Great company to work for. Outstanding culture and global presence in the private sector learning segment.
job review
Student Services Advisor I (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILApril 21, 2016
I have reviewed this school with the work life balance as well as compensation of the benefits. The job security as well as managements the culture of the corporations.
Great company to partner with
Enrollment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2016
Great work life balance and great place for advancement. It's the best move I made in my professional career. DeVry is a great company to work for.
Integrity in senior management and solid benefits
Designer (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILNovember 2, 2015
DeVry is a challenging place to work and grow in responsibilities over time. Middle management genuinely makes efforts to improve efficiency and productivity, making time for group outings yearly. Senior management has a high level of integrity and contributes through profit sharing back into employee 401ks.
Empower our students to achieve their educational and career goals
Associate Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 19, 2015
DeVry's vision is to "empower our students to achieve their educational and career goals." The make strategic company decisions based off of their vision and values. They strive to be the best in their industry with constant innovation and development, along with team coaching and training.
Pros
training and development
Cons
challenging schedule
Not a great place
Finance Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 15, 2016
Going downhill fast. One of the lesser evils in the for-profit education industry but it's difficult to commoditize education and the losses far outweigh the wins in my opinion.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DeVry Education Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5