DeVry University Employee Reviews

GREAT place to work
IT Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 22, 2017
I worked as a student worker so my role was a little different. It was a part time job, almost like and internship. That's why I gave low ratings to Benefits and Job Security. I really don't have a way to grade those points since I did not receive these perks.
Pros
Great environment. Everyone has a positive attitude.
Strong values and commitment to students.
Student Support Advisor (Current Employee) –  Colton, CAFebruary 21, 2017
DeVry University provides great training to and promotes self-development with employees. Managers are great, I consider myself very fortunate to work with amazing leaders who taught me great things and guided me to grow into the professional I am today.
Pros
Opportunity for growth
Cons
Salary
Wonderful and open management
Information Technician (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 18, 2017
I loved working for DeVry. My supervisors were always willing to help out and to teach me new ways of thinking and solving problems. It's because of them I have become the out of box thinker, I am today.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Non
Higher Education
Operations Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North West RegionFebruary 15, 2017
Constantly changing due to government strict guidelines. Not much consistency. The culture is great but seems to be affect by poor morale from management. Not much appreciation from upper management.
Good stable company with a promising future
Professor (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAFebruary 11, 2017
Devry education group is a stable company with a promising future. They are innovative institution that is always trying to locate new ways of meeting the needs of the students, and community. They are a good bunch of people who look to the future and bring new technology on board to modernize education. With their tools, resources, and training, they help their staff be the best.
Pros
competitive salary, good working environment, self regulation
Cons
The schedule is difficult to keep track of, the number of classes makes it difficult to count on for pay purposes.
Students, staff and faculty are superb.
Career Advisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 1, 2017
Fun place to work, with great students, teachers and staff. Very productive work environment. High paced and challenging.
Pros
Fun to work with students
Cons
Highly competitive industry
Learning experience
Service Operator Center Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 31, 2017
The old staff was people you can learn from and help you to grow in your career. Now, there are a few people that are will to help you at certain campuses. They have good study tools.
Pros
Complimentary Courses online
Cons
Not enough staff to help you on your career journey
Face Pace, Enjoyable, Allow for learning
IT Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 29, 2017
Provided continued maintenance and development of bug fixes and patch sets for existing web applications. This included diagnosing and troubleshooting Windows processing problems, implementing solutions to increase company efficiency. In addition, ensured Network and data availability/integrity through preventative maintenance, upgrades and implementing company policies and standards.

When I have a spear time, I visit my clients ton campus, make sure that the latest fixes are still effective. During the break, I have coffee with the manager, and coworkers talking about silly games. And sometimes play pool with other students.
Great place to learn technology
IT helpdesk support (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 28, 2017
A typical day work be to check all classrooms' computers, peripheral devices, printers and projectors to make sure that they were fully functional for the start of the day. There was a few classrooms with smart boards and engineering equipment such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, function generators, etc. that i had to make sure was full operational as well. From there i would be at the helpdesk taking calls or walk ins, and troubleshooting the issues. I would also be review and doing tickets that would be in the queue. I learned a lot of customer services there, also i learn some networking and different troubleshooting skills. Management was great, and willing to teach. I was a relaxed workplace culture that helped each other to get the job done. Hardest part of the job was troubleshoot remote users with poor connectivity. Most enjoyable part of the job was the team i worked with.
Pros
Work and go school
Cons
No student discounts
Good job for experience while going to school
Federal Work Study/IT Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAJanuary 27, 2017
The Federal Work Study is a good job for a student who is looking for some work while completing school. The IT help desk gave me experience in ticket systems, troubleshooting, and helping with minor tech related issues.
Productive and fun place to work at school where we could also study for our classes
Student Librarian (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILJanuary 27, 2017
A typical day at work included manning the first or second floor reference desk, helping students with technical or research questions, and ensuring library resources functioned properly to be readily available to the students. All employees working this position were students, and time not attending to specific work/student needs was spent studying or getting classwork done. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to have the flexibility of work/school and making your own hours with no minimum. The hardest part was enduring the late hours at the library when no one was present. Management was great at listening to feedback and responding to it within a timely manner.
Pros
Great management and flexibility of hours
Cons
Can't continue working this position after gradutating
Poor work environment
STUDENT SUPPORT ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJanuary 27, 2017
Would not recommend this employer; management is completely detached and does not pay attention to employees' needs. Management's main focus is on enrollment numbers and not on students or employees.
No opportunities for a career growth. Veteran professionals are leaving due to being treated poorly.
Pros
Adequate compensation
Cons
Work/time balance; detached management; low moral; late shifts, weekend work; no room for professional growth
Thouroughly enjoyed working here
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJanuary 27, 2017
This was a great way to kick off my career working in Admissions, I enjoyed my co-workers and the satisfaction of helping others pursue their education goals.
Great place for student worker to gain valuable experiences
Student Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colton, CAJanuary 19, 2017
Wonderful school and work place experiences. Has great benefits for full time employees. Student workers have no benefits but great opportunities to convert to full time once they have graduated.
Pros
evening classes
Cons
Class availability on
Awesome Starting Job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 19, 2017
As a student at their own establishment, it presented a great balance between personal life and work. Nothing too demanding, just right for a busy full time student.
Employees are not valued and there's no transparency.
Agile Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 13, 2017
In the 2.5 years I've worked here, I've had 5 different managers. The entire organization restructures, fires hundreds, then restructures again--it's the only thing reliable about them.
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
no loyalty, no culture.
fun job
Faculty Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJanuary 11, 2017
The job was to grade papers. i was great to reinforce princpibales learned in class. The staff was great and easy going. Work stress was no existent.
Productive work place and new challenges everyday
I.T. Help Desk Federal Work Study (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJanuary 9, 2017
My time spent with this company really allowed me to focus on learning new and interesting methods in troubleshooting and maintaining both machine hardware and software, while allowing me to study and attend college courses.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, friendly atmosphere, learn as you work
Cons
not full time, no over time allowed
IT Support Tech I (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILJanuary 4, 2017
Good place to work as a work study student, poeple are nice and willing to help and also work around your school schedule and help you achieve both your professional and educational goals.
Perfect job to learn new and retain information
Faculty Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJJanuary 3, 2017
Being a faculty assistant at DeVry University was very important to me. Not only did I help students with networking assignments and projects, but I helped myself learn things that I was having trouble with through repetition and teaching other students. Open lab hours allowed me to assist students with hands-on labs, packet tracer assignments, and weekly networking projects. During class hours, I helped the professor get around to students that had any questions that needed to be answered. The other tutors that I was working with knew what they were doing to so it made it easy for me to get along with them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DeVry University. Our community is ready to answer.