DeVry University Employee Reviews

Productive and very relaxed
Student Worker - Facilities (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 13, 2017
I just clean up the main lobby, pull the trash, clean the lounge area, and pick up trash around the property. I've learned to be very detailed in my work when I'm fixing or cleaning things.
Glorified call center
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILDecember 13, 2017
Good pay, but stressful work environment. Seemed more like a sales job than working in "education". Occasional weekends and late night shifts were also not uncommon.
Lots of Training
Student Support Advisor I (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 10, 2017
Lots of changes over the last few years. Management is helpful to get employees through all the training and culture changes. There is still much to be done but it will continue to be lots of learning.
Pros
Training, fast pace enviornment
Great Adjunct Position
Visiting Professor of English. (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 10, 2017
The class sizes were small and manageable, and most of the students were not traditional 18 year old. I lectured one evening per week for 8 weeks from subscribed materials provided by DeVry University. Since most of the students had jobs, getting students to come on time was not easy and trying to relate material to any student who may have been absent did not help students progress. Students were often tired after a full-day of work and did not easily embrace concepts as well as I believed they should have--causing missed or incomplete assignments. Students were easy to teach and questioned concepts if they did not understand.
Adjunct Faculty
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CADecember 10, 2017
I was an Adjunct Faculty member at Devry from 2009 to 2014. This is a great place to work. My assignments are two months in duration, however,I do get a lot of support from the administrative staff.
Na
Senior Operations Technician (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILDecember 7, 2017
The management team has made some decisions over the last few years that have caused some employees to lose their jobs and further cause down sizing and/or outsourcing.
Great Management, Flexible Working Schedule, Opportunities for Advancement
Manager (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 29, 2017
The work place culture is one of the best. There are opportunities for Flexible working, i.e. Remote Work, Compressed Work Schedule, and great benefits as well as a robust Paid Time Off with opportunity for Vacation Buy Up.

The best part of the job is the people I work with. Love my managers and co-workers.
Pros
Great work environment
Unhappy Place
Senior Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 28, 2017
Call center mentality. Long shifts. Constant re-structuring. Stressful.

Longest person there was 2 years - after that they were gone. Constant fear of who was next
Friendly and helpful staff. Quiet work environment.
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 27, 2017
The job was a very quiet and relaxed environment. Typical day would include inputting data into the correct programs, answering questions from students or employers.
Didn't like it!!!
Career Services Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJNovember 22, 2017
Working at Devry University was horrible, I hated it, hated it. I didn't like the faculty and the professor which were there just for the Money and did not care about the students.
Little communication
Professor of Biology (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILNovember 22, 2017
Devry is in the middle of restructuring, so few people know the responsibilities of their new job and how to get them done. This translates into a very stressful situation for the staff.
Awesome Organization
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 22, 2017
I love working as an online adjunct profession with DeVry. They are professional and friendly, always helpful and provides the necessary training and resources to do your work!
Senior Executive Advisor (Former Employee) –  Executive AdvisorNovember 17, 2017
I enjoyed my employment at DeVry University. Management style met my needs and were always fair and consistent. Promotion opportunities were available.
Student Intern
Network and Mainframe Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILNovember 13, 2017
Great opportunity for a Student Intern. Always a great experience for learning new Technology. Enjoyed working with all of the Students, Faculty, and Staff. Management really cared about the Career Development of the Student Intern Employees. I was one of the highest paid, and really got to dive right into an enormous amount of really great Technology. Chris.
Pros
Great Technology, Great Co-Workers, Great Management, Really great Working Environment
n/a
Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 8, 2017
Diverse workplace culture; would be busy all 8 hours of the work day; I enjoyed the type of work I did tremendously. I would rather not disclose any other information.
Wonderful Place for a career
Technical Support Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 8, 2017
Wonderful Place for a career. Great culture, environment and teamwork are unmatched. Campuses are very clean and high tech the way students want them to be.
Productive Educational Environment
STUDENT SUPPORT ADVISOR I (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 5, 2017
Worked 10 hours providing assistance to students with both their academics and finances. I was able to gain a thorough understanding of Title IV funding. We worked in a team environment which I loved.

The hardest part of the job was work life balance. I was required to work until 8pm two days a week which left little time with family.

I really enjoyed my colleagues they made it fun and I looked forward to coming in to see them.
Pros
Vacation Benefits & Work Outings
Cons
Scheduled Lunches
not ideal
Student Success Coach I (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 3, 2017
Just not a good place to work if you are unable to multitask. Management is horrible in that they are constantly changing your job requirements. Job security is non existent because every 3-6 months there is a company downsize or overhaul.
Coached and advised student on their academic goals.
Student Success Coach (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILNovember 2, 2017
Coached students, initially, when they first entered the program to determine their academic goals . As time progressed and students were having trouble with classes, coached students as to what they should do to improve their academic status. Reached out to professors in order to gather more information when they were in trouble academically, so that students could be better coached. Advised students on pros and cons of changing major especially if they were half way throughout the program. Helped students register from semester to semester. Returned all calls, emails, an text in a timely manner.
Pros
Good environment to work in, good salary, nice managers.
Cons
Very stressful, student case load unrealistic, went from macro managed to micro managed.
Good
Administrative Assistant/Student Worker (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 30, 2017
Good place to work and they offer great pay and benefits. Sometimes it feels as if a glass roof is put to prevent growth on the employees. Had a great supervisor and he is a very good friend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DeVry University. Our community is ready to answer.