DeVry University Employee Reviews

Great place for student worker to gain valuable experiences
Student Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colton, CAJanuary 19, 2017
Wonderful school and work place experiences. Has great benefits for full time employees. Student workers have no benefits but great opportunities to convert to full time once they have graduated.
Pros
evening classes
Cons
Class availability on
Awesome Starting Job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 19, 2017
As a student at their own establishment, it presented a great balance between personal life and work. Nothing too demanding, just right for a busy full time student.
Employees are not valued and there's no transparency.
Agile Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 13, 2017
In the 2.5 years I've worked here, I've had 5 different managers. The entire organization restructures, fires hundreds, then restructures again--it's the only thing reliable about them.
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
no loyalty, no culture.
fun job
Faculty Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJanuary 11, 2017
The job was to grade papers. i was great to reinforce princpibales learned in class. The staff was great and easy going. Work stress was no existent.
Productive work place and new challenges everyday
I.T. Help Desk Federal Work Study (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJanuary 9, 2017
My time spent with this company really allowed me to focus on learning new and interesting methods in troubleshooting and maintaining both machine hardware and software, while allowing me to study and attend college courses.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, friendly atmosphere, learn as you work
Cons
not full time, no over time allowed
IT Support Tech I (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILJanuary 4, 2017
Good place to work as a work study student, poeple are nice and willing to help and also work around your school schedule and help you achieve both your professional and educational goals.
Perfect job to learn new and retain information
Faculty Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJJanuary 3, 2017
Being a faculty assistant at DeVry University was very important to me. Not only did I help students with networking assignments and projects, but I helped myself learn things that I was having trouble with through repetition and teaching other students. Open lab hours allowed me to assist students with hands-on labs, packet tracer assignments, and weekly networking projects. During class hours, I helped the professor get around to students that had any questions that needed to be answered. The other tutors that I was working with knew what they were doing to so it made it easy for me to get along with them.
Good opportunity
was Admission Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 2, 2017
At Devry University, I was a Admissions Advisor. My job was to take prospective students through the entire enrollment process and help them find the right course to meet their needs and educational background.

It was very sales focused. Perhaps more sales than value focused.

Good benefits. Nice beautiful call center. Decent training.
Pros
Nice location.
Cons
Should have been more value focused.
Good people and great benefits
Campus Dean (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CADecember 28, 2016
Working with students and helping them achieve their educational goals. Provide customer service that students need in order to get things going and keep them going.
Loosely run
Professor (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PADecember 21, 2016
Always maxed out under their 33 credits per year for adjuncts. I worked at all three local campuses; I preferred King of Prussia. The students as always were the best part of the job. There was little to no support with rarely any management present after 6:30 pm.
Pros
Ample work available.
Cons
Lack of leadership and high turnover.
Great place to build a career
Director of Finance and Administration (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 17, 2016
Working at DeVry University was a rich and rewarding experience. It is easy to get good professional development there because employees are allowed to take classes for free. Also, having the opportunity to teach a few classes on the side was a very rewarding experience. I worked with great people and felt like I was a valued member of the team.
Pros
Free classes, very ethical management
Cons
Reputation of business suffered due to other bad players in industry
Fun place to work
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 15, 2016
Helping students with their enrollment,financial aid and schedules. Best coworkers on the planet. New semesters were overwhelming at times but well worth the frustration.
Pros
free lunch during meetings
Cons
No real money
Local campus was great, no job security
Dean, Academic Affairs (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 15, 2016
We had a great local campus with great local leadership. However, the corporate office pays little attention to the opinions and advice of those in the field. There are annual layoffs so no job security.
Pros
Pays better than competition
Cons
No job security, limited advancement opportunities
Flexible Work Schedule
Front Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GADecember 13, 2016
Doing work study was a flexible and fun experience. Being a part of work study meant that I could work while going to school. It really helped me with
Work place
LinC Leader (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILDecember 10, 2016
DeVry offers a lot of great benefits such as working from home, benefits, vacation time, and 401K. The leadership team is very involved which is a great opportunity for everyone to learn.
Great People, Good Salary potential
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 5, 2016
Great Place to work, however if your not up to the challenge of heavy sales goals and being put under pressure to bring in students every month do not apply.
Pros
great people, nice space to work
Cons
heavy sales goals
Awesome place to work
Adjunction Business Professor-part-time (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 4, 2016
I really love and enjoy working for DeVry University. I believe it is a great company to work for overall. It is a company for future growth in the areas of high level educational goals and Administration goals.
Pros
Treat Employers with respect and keep them informed, Great Pay, Opportunity for Growth
Cons
limited hours for part-time
Glorified Sales Position
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILDecember 1, 2016
Thought it was an academic advisor role to help students prepare for school, but it was a sales position to old calling. The money is very good to stay but the pressure to sell the product is very high. You have to enjoy sales to like this position.
Pros
Money
Cons
Short Breaks, the pressure to sell.
Great place while it lasted.
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCNovember 30, 2016
Loved this job. Great management team, albeit limited in their capacity by corporate micromanagement. Pay was weak but offset by being able to pursue a degree with 99% off of tuition. I would still be there, but thanks to the corporate chopping block, I was let go, and local management had no control.

That's what you get when you play with shoeboxes and finding the right shoe size. (former employees will laugh and know what I am speaking of when they see this - we had a honcho from corp come to us to speak about downsizing)

The admissions team was an absolute joke. Little did they know I setup monitoring on their stations. Each one was either watching soap operas, looking for jobs, and one was selling lawyer subscription packages on company time. I in turn reported this to management. 10 people on the admissions team, they enroll a single student, in a 2 month period.

Most likely the reason for the right shoe size downsizing.
Pros
Local management was stellar. Professors TOP NOTCH. Great team.
Cons
admissions reps were spoiled non productive babies.
Great benefits and colleagues
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 29, 2016
The benefits are very good. The colleagues are great. It is very rewarding to work in the field of education as lives are changed. The culture is very good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DeVry University. Our community is ready to answer.