DeVry University Employee Reviews

Expensive school
Financial Aid Worker (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJAugust 10, 2017
CHOP was very good for the last 7 years until they hired new directors and managers. It was not as expected but it's how the corporate world work. I had a great experience at CHOP and learned a lot from it.
Excellent company
Faculty/Staff Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 9, 2017
This was my dream job in India . It was a great company to work for . My first job. I learned a lot . Traveling around the world , Meeting people from different culture was very good experiance
Vacation time
Specialist II - Registrar Services (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 9, 2017
depending on your position if you take a vacation you will not have to worry about returning to a desk or email inbox full of WORK. they will just reassign your tasks in your absence.
Productive Work Enviornment
Assistant OSC (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 8, 2017
A typical day consist of interacting with students to assist them with any questions of enrolling, registration as well as classroom information and location. There is no room for growth
Flexible, target driven, with personal development
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILAugust 4, 2017
DeVry allowed me the opportunity to work from home with targeted goals for projects and job tasks. The personal development was self driven along with support from management for unlimited growth in skills and system proficiency.

The culture encouraged support from colleagues and direct management allowing you to apply your full potential on a daily basis. The deepest struggle was knowing that applying yourself would contribute to your own personal growth without much room for company advancement.

I loved the opportunity to make training more enjoyable for colleagues with inactive learning tools and engaging training programs. It allowed me to utilize my creativity while providing a unique way of teaching the new or enhance material.
Pros
Flexibility, benefits and colleague support
Cons
Lack of utilizing resource for employee development
Great Learning Experience
Front Desk-Staff (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 3, 2017
Sitting at front desk, meeting with students from all program degrees, learning something new everyday!

Helping with tutoring for my program degree. Answered phones, helped students, professors, and School Staff with tutoring related concerns.

Giving advice to the new students.

Not being able to help with tutoring concerns is one of the hardest things.

Leaving for the day knowing that i helped a student with tutoring concerns, and watching them go for their dreams! Great feeling.
Pros
Great Learning experience
Cons
Not being able to help a student
It is Fun to work
I.T. coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 2, 2017
Culture is super good, people are so nice and ready to help. Upper level managements are so conducive and friendly.Work load is not that much but work place needs to work all time.
Why do you force my hand? I don't want to write anything here.
Tutor/Faculty Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 31, 2017
I loved being a tutor and faculty assistant. I would do that again in an instant. For the most part, I received great student reviews, and some of them, who are on LinkedIn are on my network on that site.
Pros
Twice, I had the best supervisors I've ever had. I had an hour free, everyday, wherein I was not scheduled with any students, and I could get lunch
Cons
No health insurance provided, unless I could afford to get it by paying for it.
Good
Accounting Tutor (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 30, 2017
Worked for a short term period. My colleagues were helpful and the library director she was helpful as well, and environment was quite and convenient and nice
Pros
part-time hours
Cons
hard to maintain your homework
Admissions Advisor/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJuly 24, 2017
My management at DeVry was horrible and I did not enjoy working for this company at all. They had their favorite employees and the ones who did not kiss up to management were treated unfair
benefits
Cons
everything else
Career Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILJuly 19, 2017
This was a position that was through a work study program while attending school there. The staff were amazing and always willing to teach you. Learned a lot about job placement and all the requirements that followed it. Great place to work.
Great Organization to work for
Advisor- Advisor I-II and Advisor Executive Level (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 13, 2017
Great benefits. Great schedules. Team work. Advancement opportunities. Great programs. Accreditation and location.
Great Instructors. Online and campus classes.
Typical day at work
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2017
I would come in and log into a computer and punch in. I would use that computer until the end of the day in order to help the students. I would also answer the phones when others were busy with student which would mean creating appointments for the students on the phone.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Friendly fun place to work
Assistant Librarian (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILJuly 12, 2017
I loved my work time at DeVry I learned a great deal from the place and had a great deal of respect from my coworkers. The culture was pleasant and was easy to get information on various tasks if you needed assistance.

The management was open and friendly and the hardest part of the job was knowing if you had a job over the next month or three. DeVry has a great work environment and ethic despite the financial troubles the company has seen in recent years. I made many great connections there and met many very knowledgeable people.
Pros
Friendly environment, well managed, Knowledgeable coworkers.
Cons
Job insecurity, Pay
Over whelming workplace.
Senior University Parternship Recruiter (Former Employee) –  North Brunswick Township, NJJuly 11, 2017
The culture has changed from when i started. They use to value the employees but, now its about the business. They lost their nitch market and got too greedy when they opened up over 90 locations.
Pros
Huge company
Cons
no opportunity
Fun place to work; Great staff; Loved working with the students and graduates;
Chicagoland Campuses and Centers Career Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2017
Previously I have worked with the Career Services Department at DeVry University where, due to restructuring, I was laid off back in April. In my last role as Career Advisor for Chicagoland Campuses and Centers I supported students and graduates form all programs across the university. Furthermore, I believe in DeVry University’s TEACH values and would love to again be part of the organization as well as the success of its graduates.
Pros
Great TEACH values; good benefits; great colleagues / team
Cons
Constant restructuring;
Good job, just not for me
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 9, 2017
The job is good, but just not for me. A typical work day is spent on the phones calling prospective students. No in person interaction. Management team is busy micro managing, which does not work for many people.
Great campus
Enrollment advisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 6, 2017
Family atmosphere with great people the corporate culture was very poor the most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to help people make meaningful changes in their lives
Average
Visiting Professor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 30, 2017
As a student, I felt no effort was made to find qualified for certain classes. My continued request to the Dean at the time went unheard.

As an Instructor after graduation, I was lied to by the current Campus Manager on more than one occasion. I felt I was not treated with the best professionalism by current managemtn.
Pros
Class schedule for working professionals
Cons
Corporate
Great Learning Experience
Veterans Affairs Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 28, 2017
DeVry lays a great foundation for learning through training. The people that I work with are great teachers. A typical day involves interacting with students.The workplace culture here is excellent.
Pros
Cons
Traffic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DeVry University. Our community is ready to answer.