DeVry University Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fun work place.
Career Services Federal Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 21, 2016
Loved the consistency that working for DeVry provided. It gave me a chance to use my administrative skills as well as add to my knowledge. My co-workers were easy to get along with, made coming to work enjoyable, and I learned a lot from them. The hardest part of the job was initially getting back into a groove of working outside the home, but the feeling of being able to once again contribute financially to my family was well worth it. I truly enjoyed working there, the management was always helpful and never made me feel like any questions I had were bothersome.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Only being able to work there PT as a FSW
Was good at first, but then offered fewer assignments
Visiting Instructor (Current Employee) –  OnlineJuly 18, 2016
When I began with DeVry, I was teaching four classes a term, but recently they offer only a few per year. I think they over hire.
Pros
Free to run online classroom
Cons
Few class offerings
No job security, bad direction
Student Advisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 15, 2016
claims to be student focused but only cares about bottom line and numbers. We had a great team and management and the corporate office decided to centralize everything and make all of the processes more complicated.
They take care of you
Professor (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJuly 14, 2016
Great Professors to work with. Apart from teaching I spent many hours tutoring students in Math. I had the opportunity to develop both onsite and online teaching skills.
Pros
Great Collegues
Cons
Needed better strategy for educating students
DeVry was a good place to work.
Assistant National Dean - Faculty Excellence (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJuly 13, 2016
DeVry gave me the opportunity to create, implement, manage and operate an Electronics Engineering Technology program. The greatest part of my job was working with students and Faculty.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 12, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is you working with coworkers who are very supportive. We learn together, work together, enjoy achievement together, ready to learn new things together, and garbing new opportunities.
Staff on pins and needles
Student Finance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 7, 2016
Staff is very friendly, but many are on pins and needles because they never know when a corporate layoff will occur. There is always a big rush at the beginning of each quarter to make the numbers... so unlike traditional schools, they may let a debt owing student return in order to reach the enrollment quota.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
not knowing if you'll be affected by corporate layoffs (unstable work environment)
A good place to work very corporate
Psychology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2016
High tech environment...IT department very supportive and accessible ...managers very accessible....constantly updating course shell and technology
Pros
christmas parties
Cons
large classes
Lecturing Clinical Laboratory Science students
Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 3, 2016
Prepare lecture (power point) and handouts for students. Encourage discussion using selected topics related to recently taught material.
Enjoyed working with students and coworkers. The hardest part of the job is balancing family life and work life because of the large amount of paperwork involved.
Very professional and productive place to work
Student Success Coach/Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2016
DeVry University was a great place to work. They believed in helping students achieve their goals of graduating college. I wouldve worked there longer if there was not a family emergency,
Pros
great health benefits and excellent pay
Cons
n/a
Awesome company to work for
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 20, 2016
DeVry is an educational institute of higher learning. I love teaching and facilitating so this was the perfect job for me. My goal is to transition back into the education role.
Great place
Lab Mentor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 16, 2016
I Really enjoyed my time there. it was straight forward and the students that I worked with were nothing but nice, polite and willing to recieve help with any issues.
Productive and Fun
Faculty Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 8, 2016
Great place to work while obtaining my education. I always enjoy helping people and as an Assistant and Tutor I did just that.
Fun place to work
Metro Director of IT (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJune 3, 2016
I enjoyed working at DeVry University. I was blessed to have that opportunity. The tuition free education for employee is a great benefit that DeVry offers to all employees.
Pros
Free Education
Cons
Culture has changed
Na
Computer and engineering technology professor (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 29, 2016
OOOOOO very goooodOver ten years of teaching engineering, mathematics and physics from high school to university level. Has experience in curriculum development and learning modification tools, as well as learning management systems for distance and online course delivery. Focused, positive, and self–motivated team member with commitment to bringing about the intended change to workplace and provides practical and efficient solutions.
Worked with great people in Orlando
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 25, 2016
For profit education industry is not healthy at this time. Layoffs happening industry-wide. With the announcement this week of a new CEO, perhaps they can turn things around.
Productive place to work
SYSTEMS PROCESS ANALYST (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMay 24, 2016
DeVry university is a very god place for a young person who is just starting off to work. I learnt how to operate a lot of different jobs. Met colleagues from a lot of different cultures i.e, American, African, Hungarian, and many more.
The hardest part of the job is when my boss is not satisfied. The easiest part is when my bosses are happy and I am efficient.
I learnt diverse cultures from my co-workers and colleagues
Pros
medical benefit; inward mobility; bonus
Cons
gratuity
Best in their industry
Admissions Director (Former Employee) –  CorporateMay 23, 2016
Strong training program.
Strong academic programs
Strong Career Services
Opportunities to advance were based on performance
Tough times in the for-profit education world
All About the Students
Student Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILMay 9, 2016
Our department was focused on giving the best we could for each of the students that we represented, in order to assist them through the often hard to navigate financial aspect of school.
Student Worker Tech
IT Supoort Tech (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMay 9, 2016
Job ended once I graduated, it included helping students and colleagues. Handled ticketing systems, and network issues that came up on campus.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DeVry University. Our community is ready to answer.