DeVry University Employee Reviews in United States

Was great while it lasted
Executive University Partnerships Representative (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 17, 2016
I worked very hard day in and day out. I was very committed to my students and preserving the DeVry University Brand. I loved my job and what I did.
Pros
great pay and benefits, Loved most people I worked with, Mostly fond memories of my tenure
Cons
Pathetically bad mid-level management, Not able to handle the changes in the for-profit education, major FTC investigation and might be found guilty.
Great company, awesome benefits
Senior Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 11, 2016
Not a lot of cons except for the lack of job security and advancement opportunities. Great benefits from day one. Work life balance is a plus.
Good Education, Poor leadership
Manager of Local Accounts (Former Employee) –  CAOctober 20, 2015
Advancement is not based on merit or hard work, rather it's based on who will blindly follow the leaders who break company policy yet still advance. This could be a great place to work if the top executives really focus on the employee feedback given annually in the surveys. Sadly, this industry just recycles leadership from other proprietary schools, and creates an environment where change is not possible.
Pros
education
Cons
salary, leadership, advancement
DeVry Review
Visiting Professor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 1, 2016
Great work/life balance; excellent academic rigor; little to no job security and advancement.

Good job, but Visiting Professors do not know from one session (8-weeks) to the next whether or not they have classes to teach.
Pros
Cons
No job security and advancement
Great if your not getting laid off...
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILJuly 28, 2015
Basic duties: Call, text, and email pending prospect students. Once you have them on the phone you must complete an interview around 45 minutes total and get them to apply. Then you have to follow up for documents and testing. Overall its was like a telemarketing setup call people multiple times a day, and expected to get people to apply. Managers will listen to your calls and give you feed back or scold you for doing something incorrectly so they are listening constantly. Typically set hours, paid bi-weekly, good benefits, decent 401K, and great work life balance - 2 weeks off with option to purchase another week when enrollment is available. Moving up in the company seems difficult as you have to be a top performer and network quite a bit but they are there to help. The people that work there are really nice but I know with admissions at a low they are tending to be more aggressive. Only regret was being laid off... I was only there 6 months...
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Work-Life Balance
Cons
Pressured to get sales, Laid off so stability is an issue
Very good company
Director of Local Accounts (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CADecember 13, 2015
DeVry is a very good company. I enjoyed my time there and they take pretty good care of their employees. They also offer valuable educational benefits.
Productive and fun work place.
Career Services Federal Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 21, 2016
Loved the consistency that working for DeVry provided. It gave me a chance to use my administrative skills as well as add to my knowledge. My co-workers were easy to get along with, made coming to work enjoyable, and I learned a lot from them. The hardest part of the job was initially getting back into a groove of working outside the home, but the feeling of being able to once again contribute financially to my family was well worth it. I truly enjoyed working there, the management was always helpful and never made me feel like any questions I had were bothersome.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Only being able to work there PT as a FSW
Admissions
Associate Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 16, 2015
Admissions as a whole is changing significantly for for-profit institutions; the new regulations makes admissions/recruiting a more rigid and challenging process.
Pros
empowering students, impacting lives, benefits, salary
Cons
new restrictions in education make this job very challenging
DeVry University is passionate in providing quality education
Associate Director of Admissions (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 4, 2015
DeVry University is passionate in providing quality education to the non-traditional student by assisting them with programs and skillsets to obtain outstanding career outcomes.

During my five plus years at DeVry University, I have learned methods of motivating and driving results through employee engagement, training and development. Throughout my work history, I worked under some of the best managers through DeVry University and I was fortunate to have great mentors. Examples include, but are not limited to the balance between process and people management, using analytics to make business decisions and drive results and assisting students to utilize their education and assets for the career goals.
Pros
authentically helping students succeed, benefits, compensation, professional development
Cons
reducation, schedule, location for student demographic population
Overall a good company to work for
FACULTY COLLEGE CHAIR (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 19, 2016
Wonderful place to work until all of the Government restrictions and oversight made for-profit education a target. Too much focus on money by both the company and students. Major layoffs over the last four years have everyone walking around looking over their shoulders so the stress level has started to really take a toll. Still, the people are great and the education the students get is worth the effort and money. When over 90% of your graduates are getting hired you are doing something right!
Pros
Great people and vision that produce great results.
Cons
Too much focus on bottom line ($) by upper management
Had both pros and Cons
Academic Business Tutor (Former Employee) –  HoustonSeptember 8, 2015
These are the Pros of working at DeVry Supportive Management team. Flexible Schedules, enriching work.

The cons of working at DeVry are, it is a temporary position only for students, very limited hours, part time, no benefits.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
no benefits, temporary positions
Team Orientated Environment
Student Support Advisor Duties (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILApril 21, 2016
Working as a Student Support Advisor was a rewarding work experience. Our department was managed well, and all of my colleagues worked to ensure our students had a great learning experience at DeVry University. The hardest part of the job was when a student was not able to succeed. I worked very closely with many students and it was nice to see students through graduation. However, there were a few instances where the student was not able to graduate because of unfortunate events in their own lives.
Pros
Team building exercises
Cons
Not a lot of room to grow
Productive place to work
SYSTEMS PROCESS ANALYST (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMay 24, 2016
DeVry university is a very god place for a young person who is just starting off to work. I learnt how to operate a lot of different jobs. Met colleagues from a lot of different cultures i.e, American, African, Hungarian, and many more.
The hardest part of the job is when my boss is not satisfied. The easiest part is when my bosses are happy and I am efficient.
I learnt diverse cultures from my co-workers and colleagues
Pros
medical benefit; inward mobility; bonus
Cons
gratuity
Na
Computer and engineering technology professor (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 29, 2016
OOOOOO very goooodOver ten years of teaching engineering, mathematics and physics from high school to university level. Has experience in curriculum development and learning modification tools, as well as learning management systems for distance and online course delivery. Focused, positive, and self–motivated team member with commitment to bringing about the intended change to workplace and provides practical and efficient solutions.
Very fun place to work as a student worker.
it support technician (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 21, 2016
A typical day at work is doing the daily task, and really communicating with our staff and students who need help with various electronics. I learned to physically approach and communicate with people through this job.

I also learned to befriend many of my coworkers and i can tell you it's never a dull day working there. Any of my coworkers are my friends and we hang out all the time, mostly because we are students at the school as well. The most enjoyable part of the job is working to figure out and issue and learning something new. I haven't really encountered a part of the job that i find very difficult at this moment in time.
Pros
Laid back culture, lunch breaks are good cause all the shops are downstairs.
Cons
Last minute concerns from staff.
Staff on pins and needles
Student Finance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 7, 2016
Staff is very friendly, but many are on pins and needles because they never know when a corporate layoff will occur. There is always a big rush at the beginning of each quarter to make the numbers... so unlike traditional schools, they may let a debt owing student return in order to reach the enrollment quota.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
not knowing if you'll be affected by corporate layoffs (unstable work environment)
Great Work Atmosphere
Student Finance Consultant Duties (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILDecember 30, 2015
Working for DeVry was great! The have a great work/life balance, the supervisors are there to help all of the time! The hardest part of the job was, that there was not an opportunity to grow in my department. I am searching for a career where I can grow with the organization and make a difference in a student's life.
Innovative development of curriculum and student outcome
Visiting professor and student mentor (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLDecember 18, 2015
Good private university. My position was on a national level that started a special internship for students who excelled in multimedia. The team consisted of five students, each who excelled in their area of study such as web design, animation, graphics, coding, and video production.

The collaborative learning projects is known as the Creative Design Incubator. I mentored the students over the last four years and we produced nationally distributed multimedia productions for DeVry University, Ross Medial School, and Chamberlain School of Nursing.

The scope of CDI productions included APP development for recruiting, Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC), website design, student testimonials, marketing segments, and Live events.
Pros
Great state-of-the-art facilities
Cons
marketing and promotional style guides were old and outdated
Student Finance Consultant
Student Finance Consultant II (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILApril 15, 2016
The job is made for certain types of people... If you like to be on the phone every min while at work, than you will enjoy it...its a call-center type of a job. However, you get to work with great people and become a master at overcoming objections/fixing issues/helping customers/find creative solutions very quickly. You need great customer service skills and you need to be able to work well with others. If you have prior sales experience, you will do much better than others.
Great place to work, but limited growth opportunty
Manager of Partner Engagement (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CaAugust 5, 2016
This organization teaches you independence and resourcefulness. You are issued limited resources to do the work required, but the product value proposition grants you the ability to succeed through creativity and cleverness.
Pros
Freedom and Flexibility
Cons
Miniamal room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DeVry University. Our community is ready to answer.