DeVry University Employee Reviews in United States

my first job
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 13, 2016
this was my first job . I worked and attended school. One of the best places I have worked at. Management was caring and listened to employees.
IT Student Worker at DeVry
IT Support Staff (Student Worker) (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCFebruary 10, 2016
Working at DeVry University as a student worker is a great opportunity to gain much needed experience in the IT field. Anyone interested in IT should consider such an opportunity as mandatory before graduating. For most employers of IT the first thing they want to know is what certification you have and what is your actual work experience.
Pros
Excellent real world experience working in IT.
Cons
Limited to 25 hours a week for student workers.
Great School
Full-Time Student (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 10, 2016
Great Professors and peers with real world learning scenarios. You have to apply yourself just like any other school to do well.
Devry University is a fun place to work for and offers the opportunity for career advancement.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Upland, CAFebruary 9, 2016
Devry University is a great place to work and they help me to earn my Network Academy Instructor Credentials. And if the opportunity to become a full time Professor happens I would gladly take the position.
Great times
Student Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILFebruary 8, 2016
A typical day at work included making sure everything was neat in the office, answering phone calls, assisting deans, advisors, and teachers. Assisting walk-in students/parents/families getting to the right person/place & getting the information they need.
Pros
Relaxing job, better access to deans, advisors, and teachers for advice & info
Cons
Only lasts as long as you are a student, no chance to stay afterwards
I love the work that I do
Assistant Registrar (Current Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJFebruary 7, 2016
The work that I do is great, I love learning new things on a weekly basis. I review student records, interact with all departments and run several initiatives. I've learned that I can push myself to do anything and I have had great mentors who taught me that. I would have never been able to do the things that I do today in the organization without those people in my life. The hardest part of my job is trying to influence colleagues who are not motivated in their positions anymore.
Very fun place to work as a student worker.
it support technician (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 21, 2016
A typical day at work is doing the daily task, and really communicating with our staff and students who need help with various electronics. I learned to physically approach and communicate with people through this job.

I also learned to befriend many of my coworkers and i can tell you it's never a dull day working there. Any of my coworkers are my friends and we hang out all the time, mostly because we are students at the school as well. The most enjoyable part of the job is working to figure out and issue and learning something new. I haven't really encountered a part of the job that i find very difficult at this moment in time.
Pros
Laid back culture, lunch breaks are good cause all the shops are downstairs.
Cons
Last minute concerns from staff.
Reason for break in work (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJanuary 13, 2016
great company very good to be working at and very friendly employees. Great work enviorment. Great for working moms with kids
A student worker position
IT Helpdesk Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAJanuary 12, 2016
There isn't much to say about this position that could have much use for the average reader. As a position meant exclusively for students of DeVry University primarily to give them experience, it's not something anyone outside of DeVry students can make any use of.

Regardless, I enjoyed the work helping people with their technology troubles. I worked with good people, both fellow students and more experienced full-time employees. It was established well to help students keep a good balance between their studies and work, and generally at least one other student worker would be in your same major so it was a great opportunity to work with people going through the same courses.

I learned a lot from the position, and any other students with the opportunity to work there should take it.
Great company, awesome benefits
Senior Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 11, 2016
Not a lot of cons except for the lack of job security and advancement opportunities. Great benefits from day one. Work life balance is a plus.
Workplace culture is great and flexible
Academic Advisor II (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJanuary 7, 2016
I enjoy working from home and the workplace culture is flexible. I have learned to effectively work with student in an online environment.
Fun Workplace, great to gain experience in any field of study
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAJanuary 6, 2016
Wonderful co-workers I got to learn a lot from them.

Organized many events on campus.

Updated National Job Bank database, HireDeVry, with new jobs, student resume approvals and access levels.

Acted as lead for generating lead reports for publication to students, graduates and alumni.

I enjoyed working with multiple departments and also learning about new projects almost everyday on a daily bases.
Great Work Atmosphere
Student Finance Consultant Duties (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILDecember 30, 2015
Working for DeVry was great! The have a great work/life balance, the supervisors are there to help all of the time! The hardest part of the job was, that there was not an opportunity to grow in my department. I am searching for a career where I can grow with the organization and make a difference in a student's life.
DeVry University, North Brunswick
Faculty Assistant for Network & Communication Dep (Former Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJDecember 28, 2015
A typical day at work is to support students with their studies whenever they have difficulties in both theory and hands-on. The working environment is very friendly and enjoyable. It is not only working but also learning at the same time as I can learn better while I am trying to help the students with their difficulties. There is strong relationship with co-workers and as well as the supervising Professors because we all are working together as a team and very friendly relationship.
Great Employer for Advancement Opportunities
Student Finance Consultant II (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILDecember 21, 2015
Due to the number of school represented under DeVry University, this is a great place to work if you are seeking advancement. DeVry prides itself on promoting from within their vast number of employes
Innovative development of curriculum and student outcome
Visiting professor and student mentor (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLDecember 18, 2015
Good private university. My position was on a national level that started a special internship for students who excelled in multimedia. The team consisted of five students, each who excelled in their area of study such as web design, animation, graphics, coding, and video production.

The collaborative learning projects is known as the Creative Design Incubator. I mentored the students over the last four years and we produced nationally distributed multimedia productions for DeVry University, Ross Medial School, and Chamberlain School of Nursing.

The scope of CDI productions included APP development for recruiting, Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC), website design, student testimonials, marketing segments, and Live events.
Pros
Great state-of-the-art facilities
Cons
marketing and promotional style guides were old and outdated
Very good company
Director of Local Accounts (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CADecember 13, 2015
DeVry is a very good company. I enjoyed my time there and they take pretty good care of their employees. They also offer valuable educational benefits.
DeVry University
Adjunct Professor, Microbiology (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLDecember 11, 2015
Facilitate adult learning, non-traditional students and Course training. Provide classroom instruction on various subject requirements for nursing degree. Lecture and communicate all aspects of course requirements. Prepare coursework and engaged students in an online interactive learning process.
co-works
work study (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 3, 2015
I enjoyed working at DeVry University, learned a lot of different jobs and to understand on what the school can do for the students is wonderful.
Pros
working and going to school there is great
Great Place to Work
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 24, 2015
DeVry University afforded me the opportunity to work with a lot of various types of students who represented first-generation college student, to the non traditional student to the traditional student. The most enjoyable part about my job was the ability to teach my students and the ability to also learn from my students.