DeVry University Employee Reviews

Job security is a major concern and leadership moves to slow
Admissions (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 27, 2016
There's no true sense of direction from top to bottom. The minute you buy-in to a new process, resource, ideology, or even leader it's immediately changed.
University
Educational Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 15, 2016
Overall an excellent university with for students that require a flexible work/student balance. The technical degree programs which include electrical, mechanical, biomedical engineering are excellent. They also have great programs in computer science, Networking, Criminal Justice, All business disciplines and Masters degrees in all the above.
Pros
Cost
Cons
Flexible schedules
A good place to work very corporate
Psychology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2016
High tech environment...IT department very supportive and accessible ...managers very accessible....constantly updating course shell and technology
Pros
christmas parties
Cons
large classes
Great work place
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 28, 2016
There is always documents to file to keep busy. I learn how to be more flexible, organized, and patients. It is in a peaceful environment.
Pros
Free lunches ones or twice a month
Cons
Short breaks
A student worker position
IT Helpdesk Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAJanuary 12, 2016
There isn't much to say about this position that could have much use for the average reader. As a position meant exclusively for students of DeVry University primarily to give them experience, it's not something anyone outside of DeVry students can make any use of.

Regardless, I enjoyed the work helping people with their technology troubles. I worked with good people, both fellow students and more experienced full-time employees. It was established well to help students keep a good balance between their studies and work, and generally at least one other student worker would be in your same major so it was a great opportunity to work with people going through the same courses.

I learned a lot from the position, and any other students with the opportunity to work there should take it.
Good experience
Student (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 16, 2016
Helps gain basic experience. Entry level. Work study. Limited capabilities. IT help desk. Provide assistance to faculty, staff, and students. Computer maintenance.
great
Student worker (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 6, 2016
Great place to work while attending school. Had no problem with balancing work and classes. Got some on site training in my field before graduating.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
It was okay
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 29, 2016
It was okay I liked it but I like to be moving in a fast paste. Overall they were so nice to everyone. I love working with people always had a good experience there
n/a
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 9, 2016
great coworkers, management was ok . alot of inbound calls. continuous changes and not always for the better ...best part was work from home 3 days per week. pay was good
Student advocacy, student success, operational
Dean (Current Employee) –  Alhambra, CAMay 27, 2015
Oversee and manage overall operational needs of staff, students, faculty, and center

Support all programs for both Undergrad and Graduate studies

Advise students on academic and career goals

Support staff with resources to better serve our student population- registration, work/life balance, financial aid awareness

Work closely with scheduling of classes, work one on one with faculty to ensure needs are met in the classroom

Comply with regulatory affairs and programs associated with the Dept of Ed

Promote and market the university

Participate in community and professional organizations- Support Student Advocacy
Pros
Work closely with students, faculty and staff
Cons
No traditional breaks-- classes are year around
Awesome company to work for
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 20, 2016
DeVry is an educational institute of higher learning. I love teaching and facilitating so this was the perfect job for me. My goal is to transition back into the education role.
Fun place to work
Metro Director of IT (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJune 3, 2016
I enjoyed working at DeVry University. I was blessed to have that opportunity. The tuition free education for employee is a great benefit that DeVry offers to all employees.
Pros
Free Education
Cons
Culture has changed
my first job
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 13, 2016
this was my first job . I worked and attended school. One of the best places I have worked at. Management was caring and listened to employees.
IT Student Worker at DeVry
IT Support Staff (Student Worker) (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCFebruary 10, 2016
Working at DeVry University as a student worker is a great opportunity to gain much needed experience in the IT field. Anyone interested in IT should consider such an opportunity as mandatory before graduating. For most employers of IT the first thing they want to know is what certification you have and what is your actual work experience.
Pros
Excellent real world experience working in IT.
Cons
Limited to 25 hours a week for student workers.
Great benefits and personal satisfaction
Student Finance Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 26, 2014
I worked for DeVry University for the last two years. Even though the salary is way lower I expected to be, there are quite of few benefits that makes DeVry a good place to work. For example free tuition to continue your education, paid vacation, 401K....
Unfortunately the advancement opportunities are limited at my location. I have a competitive personality and I describe myself more of a hunter rather then a farmer so is hard seeing reaching the goals yet not being compensate fairly. I feel like DeVry is the place to work for someone who likes daily routine. I love challenge and the compensations that comes with reaching the quota. On the other hand I love the opportunity to help students achieve their goals, which is the highlight of my day.
Overall a good place to work
Pros
great benefits
Cons
salary, promotions
Great place
Lab Mentor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 16, 2016
I Really enjoyed my time there. it was straight forward and the students that I worked with were nothing but nice, polite and willing to recieve help with any issues.
Worked with great people in Orlando
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 25, 2016
For profit education industry is not healthy at this time. Layoffs happening industry-wide. With the announcement this week of a new CEO, perhaps they can turn things around.
Best in their industry
Admissions Director (Former Employee) –  CorporateMay 23, 2016
Strong training program.
Strong academic programs
Strong Career Services
Opportunities to advance were based on performance
Tough times in the for-profit education world
Had both pros and Cons
Academic Business Tutor (Former Employee) –  HoustonSeptember 8, 2015
These are the Pros of working at DeVry Supportive Management team. Flexible Schedules, enriching work.

The cons of working at DeVry are, it is a temporary position only for students, very limited hours, part time, no benefits.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
no benefits, temporary positions
A great place for DeVry Students to get some work expereince
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2016
They understand that the students are looking for experience in the work force and provide additional knowledge and skills in accordance with their position.
Pros
Good work experience, no experience required, great learning environment
Cons
Low wages