DeVry University Employee Reviews

Good people and great benefits
Campus Dean (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CADecember 28, 2016
Working with students and helping them achieve their educational goals. Provide customer service that students need in order to get things going and keep them going.
Loosely run
Professor (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PADecember 21, 2016
Always maxed out under their 33 credits per year for adjuncts. I worked at all three local campuses; I preferred King of Prussia. The students as always were the best part of the job. There was little to no support with rarely any management present after 6:30 pm.
Pros
Ample work available.
Cons
Lack of leadership and high turnover.
Great place to build a career
Director of Finance and Administration (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 17, 2016
Working at DeVry University was a rich and rewarding experience. It is easy to get good professional development there because employees are allowed to take classes for free. Also, having the opportunity to teach a few classes on the side was a very rewarding experience. I worked with great people and felt like I was a valued member of the team.
Pros
Free classes, very ethical management
Cons
Reputation of business suffered due to other bad players in industry
Fun place to work
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 15, 2016
Helping students with their enrollment,financial aid and schedules. Best coworkers on the planet. New semesters were overwhelming at times but well worth the frustration.
Pros
free lunch during meetings
Cons
No real money
Local campus was great, no job security
Dean, Academic Affairs (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 15, 2016
We had a great local campus with great local leadership. However, the corporate office pays little attention to the opinions and advice of those in the field. There are annual layoffs so no job security.
Pros
Pays better than competition
Cons
No job security, limited advancement opportunities
Flexible Work Schedule
Front Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GADecember 13, 2016
Doing work study was a flexible and fun experience. Being a part of work study meant that I could work while going to school. It really helped me with
Work place
LinC Leader (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILDecember 10, 2016
DeVry offers a lot of great benefits such as working from home, benefits, vacation time, and 401K. The leadership team is very involved which is a great opportunity for everyone to learn.
Great People, Good Salary potential
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 5, 2016
Great Place to work, however if your not up to the challenge of heavy sales goals and being put under pressure to bring in students every month do not apply.
Pros
great people, nice space to work
Cons
heavy sales goals
Awesome place to work
Adjunction Business Professor-part-time (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 4, 2016
I really love and enjoy working for DeVry University. I believe it is a great company to work for overall. It is a company for future growth in the areas of high level educational goals and Administration goals.
Pros
Treat Employers with respect and keep them informed, Great Pay, Opportunity for Growth
Cons
limited hours for part-time
Glorified Sales Position
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILDecember 1, 2016
Thought it was an academic advisor role to help students prepare for school, but it was a sales position to old calling. The money is very good to stay but the pressure to sell the product is very high. You have to enjoy sales to like this position.
Pros
Money
Cons
Short Breaks, the pressure to sell.
Great place while it lasted.
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCNovember 30, 2016
Loved this job. Great management team, albeit limited in their capacity by corporate micromanagement. Pay was weak but offset by being able to pursue a degree with 99% off of tuition. I would still be there, but thanks to the corporate chopping block, I was let go, and local management had no control.

That's what you get when you play with shoeboxes and finding the right shoe size. (former employees will laugh and know what I am speaking of when they see this - we had a honcho from corp come to us to speak about downsizing)

The admissions team was an absolute joke. Little did they know I setup monitoring on their stations. Each one was either watching soap operas, looking for jobs, and one was selling lawyer subscription packages on company time. I in turn reported this to management. 10 people on the admissions team, they enroll a single student, in a 2 month period.

Most likely the reason for the right shoe size downsizing.
Pros
Local management was stellar. Professors TOP NOTCH. Great team.
Cons
admissions reps were spoiled non productive babies.
Great benefits and colleagues
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 29, 2016
The benefits are very good. The colleagues are great. It is very rewarding to work in the field of education as lives are changed. The culture is very good.
Federal Work Study position
IT Support Specialist & Student Tutor (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CONovember 21, 2016
This position allowed me to become more familiar with my professors and others who work at DeVry University. I learned many things about networking and computers.
Pros
Good work environment
Federal Work Study, Academic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 20, 2016
Great place to work, the greatest part about the job is the look on the students face when they start understanding the material they didn't understand at first.
Fun work place
Student Assistant Librarian (FWS) (Former Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJNovember 16, 2016
Working as a Student Assistant Librarian was the most enjoyable experience i had i got to assist students and learn more about computer technology. I also got to work with well rounded co-workers who taught me allot about working in the Library which would help me out in the job market today. Furthermore i really enjoyed talking to my boss who was easy going and laid back. When i needed help on how to do something or if i didn't understand how a task he would walk me through on how to complete it.
Pros
Enjoyable co- workers
Cons
Bad hours and low pay
Amazng Experience
Visiting Professor (Current Employee) –  Colton, CANovember 15, 2016
I love working for DeVry. Excellent classroom environment. The students are eager to learn and to teach. Professors are well diverse.
Pros
Excellent professors
Cons
You will never advance, and if you do.. not worth it
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 11, 2016
If you are looking to be tied to a desk, and have to account to every minute that you are not in ready to take calls mode. If you a robot that doesn't mind sucking up to management, and being talked about behind your back, micro managed, and having your bathroom breaks timed this is the place for you. Make no mistake it is an inside sales position with NO comensation, you will get paid exactly what someone who is less productive than you. Management could not do the job of an Admissions Rep to save their lives. Rules change every day, and your supervisor is only worried about their own profuction. Lots of Nepotism, Better be related to someone to survive. You will be openly criticizied if you don't have numbers, even though that is illegal. Slam everyone into classes. STAY AWAY....
Pros
Nice Cafe
Cons
You be monitored at all times. Calls recorded, questioned about every call, unless you are related or friends with management
okay
Director of Financial Aid (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYNovember 10, 2016
Overall good place to work. There were some issues with being able to retain management. Great support staff and culture. Very student centered. Need to work on properly compensating people.
Great place to teach and great people to work with.
Senior Professor and Math Chair (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GANovember 9, 2016
DeVry University has an excellent work environment. The course material is user-friendly, the deans are supportive, and the students are serious about learning. They do not micro-manage but support varying teaching styles suited for the individual professor.
Pros
Excellent benefits.
Cons
No cafeteria.
I love my job
Visiting Professor of English (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 27, 2016
DeVry offers its professors all the systems and processes to make them successful. They are established, reputable, and care greatly about students. It's an honor to serve as an educational champion.
Pros
Visiting Professor so work in a SILO
Cons
Not part of a daily team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DeVry University. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval