DeVry University Employee Reviews

Enjoyed my time spent at DeVry University
Career Advisor (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAApril 25, 2017
The work culture among my own department was amazing. Felt like a family from the first time I set foot onto the campus. I would not change anything..
Temp Job
Temp Teaching Assistant/Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILApril 23, 2017
This was the flagship position. It was rewarding to help new students acclimate. The chain of command was fuzzy but there was strong support from professors.
Long work hours
Student Finance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILApril 19, 2017
Typical day would be assisted students with their questions about their accounts. Creating call back cases for students and pending FAFSA verification paperwork. Transfering students to other departments for further assistance with their questions
Pros
Always potluck days, 1 hour lunch!!
Cons
unknown
Fine.
Student Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 19, 2017
It's been a very long time since I went here. I don't remember much about my experience there but it was very intellectually engaging. The class were fun and I always strived to do my best while attending
Professional Productive Secure Environment
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 15, 2017
On a typical day, i would walk in, greet everyone, get prepared, and assist customers. Getting prepared consisted of making sure my ID was visible, restocking supplies. We made sure the printers were properly working, fully stocked and ready to print. We had to make sure there was tea and coffee ready for the faculty, staff and professors. All voice messages were checked and forwarded to the proper Dean, department, professor or staff, Phone calls were answered professionally with the proper greeting. Made sure we were loud and clear by testing the Walkie Talkie voicing the proper code. The Walkie Talkie were to be fully charged the day before or place on the charger promptly for security purposes: manly unidentified walk-ins, people who skipped pass the front desk into the staff area without clearance. upon refusal to comply with our instructions, we were to notify security. The front desk/ front-desk computer was never to be unattended. If one of us was late or we had to inform one of our supervisors immediately and forward all calls. She would then man the front-desk as the for mentioned preparations are made.
A typical.day, was me pointing people in the right direction with the most up-to-date information. In doing so, I've learned to keep the focused on the goal/solution. Upon receiving questions for which we had no answer, I've learned people genuinely appreciate the honesty and our response to take down their information to call them back or when a supervisor contacted them, or when the proper department reached out with the correct and much needed information/solution/
  more... resolution.  less
Pros
The workplace culture, the people, their wisdom.
Cons
the occasional unreasonable unruly customer.
Clinical Sciences
Fulltime student (Former Employee) –  StudentApril 11, 2017
I was a full time student and being a college student was my only job . I completed 67 hours at the campus as well i was deployed in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
Pros
Education
Cons
not completing
Work study position, but learned alot
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAApril 10, 2017
Great place to go to school and work. Working in the academic arena was insightful, it gave the the hands on training needed to help you succeed. Instructors give real world knowledge that you can use today.
Pros
One on one consoles
Cons
not enough hours/federal work study program
Its a school
Business Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAApril 9, 2017
I enjoyed my time at the school. The education provided was valuable and the services after school have been very helpful to my success. Although it was fast paced it was not difficult to keep up with.
Pros
Good Teachers
Cons
Fast paced
unorganized, sales focused
OPERATIONS SUPPORT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAApril 7, 2017
horrible training, unreasonable expectations, no consistency in policies and procedures. When you have to call home office they don't know the answers and often reroute you to people who can't help you.
Good place to work while taking classes
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILApril 6, 2017
Good place to work. Good pay. Good time to learn life skills for the road ahead. Bosses will be there to answer questions. Bathrooms are plentiful. work/home life balance is perfect.
Pros
work at school
Cons
work at school
Great environment to learn, just not advance.
Operations Support Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COApril 4, 2017
Over the seven years I have worked for DeVry University, I have learned and grown an incredible amount. Unfortunately, there is not much room for advancement and looking for the next step. What I enjoyed most about my day to day is seeing the student succeed, watching them from their first meeting with an admissions advisor to planning their graduation.
Cons
no advancement
A great company to work at
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTApril 4, 2017
DeVry is a professional organization that serve a great purpose in helping adults start or continue their educational goals. Many programs to choose from. Great leadership and trainers.
Pros
Follows their mission statment - T.E.A.C.H.
Cons
Shift to less campuses
Working with students was fun
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 4, 2017
My ability to work with students, to help and guide them with the information that they are sinking to continue there education or to help to get on the computer, and to get a project ready for a speaker.
Pros
working with people
Cons
when no one needed help
Supportive Environment
Leader (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILMarch 28, 2017
Typical day at work required me to assist students and faculty members with tasks that needed to be done in regards to classes being held and students needing assistance. Great environment that feels like family.
Good opportunities for students looking for engineering and accounting
Visiting Professor (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 28, 2017
Courses taught by practitioner faculty from their field of expertise

Offer bachelor and Masters degrees in a variety of programs:
Liberal Arts
Undergraduate Business
Graduate Business
Engineering
Information Technology
Gaming Industry
Accounting
Always a visitor never a resident
Visiting Professor (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAMarch 28, 2017
Full-time staff and faculty are great. However, I've had the Dean and other members of the "leadership" give me sales pitches implying opportunity for a full-time position. After listening 2-3 stories I have yet to ever see anything happen in reality.

I very much love and enjoy teaching at DeVry overall though, and sure the the benefits package would be great if you ever have access to them.

Otherwise, the pay and not benefits, or security or consistency in teaching sessions limits you're interest in doing more then the minimum. I often get the feeling they run on a skeleton crew and exploit their part-time faculty to maximize their profits from the students. Which is a shame the students get short changed in the end.
Fast paced environment
Creative Design Incubator Intern (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLMarch 27, 2017
A very interactive position that provided a great learning experience. Gave opportunity to learn tools for future employment.
Excellent creative team environment.
Pros
Great Learning platform
Cons
Minimal Compensation
Great first job!
Federal Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAMarch 24, 2017
A typical day of work was either to tutor a student in English, Math or Graphic Design; or to help at the front desk with the greeting, answering phones and scheduling.
Devry University
Student (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 23, 2017
Working in a college is never easy or fun. This was mostly for beginner work/employment. This requires a lot of time and energy for assignments that are due by certain dates. Very stressful, but very rewarding.
Pros
Extra Income
Cons
Late nights, long hours.
Great place to start
Senior Representative (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMarch 22, 2017
Culture and leadership is solid. This is a great place to start a career and plenty of opportunities to gain some experience. It can be difficult to transition from one department to the other but certainly possible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DeVry University. Our community is ready to answer.