DeVry University Employee Reviews in United States

Good Education, Poor leadership
Manager of Local Accounts (Former Employee) –  CAOctober 20, 2015
Advancement is not based on merit or hard work, rather it's based on who will blindly follow the leaders who break company policy yet still advance. This could be a great place to work if the top executives really focus on the employee feedback given annually in the surveys. Sadly, this industry just recycles leadership from other proprietary schools, and creates an environment where change is not possible.
Pros
education
Cons
salary, leadership, advancement
Admissions
Associate Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 16, 2015
Admissions as a whole is changing significantly for for-profit institutions; the new regulations makes admissions/recruiting a more rigid and challenging process.
Pros
empowering students, impacting lives, benefits, salary
Cons
new restrictions in education make this job very challenging
Bluebonnet pet Crematory
Federal Work Study Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 14, 2015
It is a good place to get your feet wet in the work place. By working here I have been able to get necessary longevity in the workplace.
I prefer not to review
Center Dean (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 13, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with people that are eager to learn and achieve their goals.
They are losing ground in enrollment.
DeVry Univeristy is in a " Turn Around" including massive layoffs
Executive Advisor (Current Employee) –  Colton, CAOctober 12, 2015
Within DeVry I was able to rise quickly, learn the culture and the processes, however morale and the company's overall directions changed for the worse.
Pros
Enjoyed my direct managers trainaing style
Cons
Long housr, weekends, cand working frm, home
Great place to learn and grow
Enrollment Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 8, 2015
I absolutely love what i do and the company i do it for. Really great team environment. one of the best companies I have had the pleasure of working for.
Pros
see above
Cons
if the numbers are low, you gotta go
Great
Student- Business Major (Former Employee) –  Chicago ILOctober 8, 2015
Great school and instructors. Location is an easy commute and the staff are really helpful. I recommend this school to students who have been in college before.Very strict and doesn't have sympathy for whining.
Fun and positive environment.
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 7, 2015
A typical evening was busy with repair of lab and staff computer systems and laptops, user account administration, and securing the labs at closing time.
na
Visiting Professor (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJOctober 7, 2015
I was an adjunct professor onsite in Paramus. I taught 5 cources in total and loved working with my students on bettering their work.
Great place to work with knowledgeable staff and pleasant work environment.
ADMISSIONS ADVISOR / RECRUITER (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CAOctober 2, 2015
Typical day at DeVry University starts at 9am to 6pm with one hour lunch break and two 15 minute breaks. Dean of School is very knowledgeable and accommodating to all members of the staff.
Fun to work a part time
Center Operations Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAOctober 1, 2015
Management wasn't around for them to see the work you would do and how well or bad you would do. Supervisor was very nice and understanding, she would try to get part time employees more hours
Pros
Fun enviornment to work very nice and polite
Cons
Not much opportunity to grow
Work
FWS IT Support (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 28, 2015
It is a job that works with my schedule. I work and study at DeVry so being able to do both helps me. I learn a lot of computer skills on the site and learn more computer skills in class.
Productive and gained more than what I thought I would
Faculty Assistant (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GASeptember 28, 2015
Loved working there, I gained some much for them intellectually. Typical day was work with people that were goal oriented and professional.
Created a marketing plan for clients.
Leader for Internship Consulting Project (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 20, 2015
Created brand visibility based on SEO technique for distribution company. We updated our clients website through HTML coding which allowed for social media integration into their current website. We also, used other marketing tools such as surveys and customer development inputs in texting of products.
Pros
Great learning experience
Management is readily available
student support advisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 17, 2015
My management team has always been there to support in whatever decision I would make in regards to self or students. I recommend this company to anyone looking to work in higher education.
Great Place
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 10, 2015
This is a great place to work, they are a friendly people and think about you as a person and what they can do to make this a better place to be.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Had both pros and Cons
Academic Business Tutor (Former Employee) –  HoustonSeptember 8, 2015
These are the Pros of working at DeVry Supportive Management team. Flexible Schedules, enriching work.

The cons of working at DeVry are, it is a temporary position only for students, very limited hours, part time, no benefits.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
no benefits, temporary positions
DeVry University
Campus Director (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CASeptember 7, 2015
I love working with collaborative colleagues who put student success first. It is a professional environment with opportunities for development and growth. I especially like the values and integrity of the institution and love watching the student success stories.
Na
Facilities Specialist & Head of Receiving (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CASeptember 7, 2015
DeVry employees are great to work with. In my 11 years I have experienced al lot, I have seen the good, bad, and the ugly. Learned a lot in working in Facilities dept. Great place to start to gain experience in this field. There is never a dull moment in this dept. always something
Very enjoyable place to work
Student Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 3, 2015
I worked for DeVry University for approximately 7 years and enjoyed every minute of it. Unfortunately, the Pittsburgh campus is closing and all Pittsburgh students are being transitioned to the online university.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
No job security unless you are willing to relocate