DeVry Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Tutor/Faculty Assistant (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Flexible, fun and decent pay
Cons: Limited hours
Great job where I was able to help people and see the results of my help first hand. My coworkers were great, my supervisor was great and the students were great.
Devry University
student (Former Employee), Henderson, NVAugust 29, 2015
Pros: short days
Cons: lost of homework
While at Devry University, I attended classes as a student. The overall learning experience was great. I learned so much and I believe it made me a better person the short time I was there. I ended up living and starting to work again.
Part-time work and be able to go to school
Federal Work Study Faculty Assistant (Current Employee), Colton, CAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: No longer shy
Cons: Hours cut, need more experience in career field
Great environment to feel welcome and be a part of a team. I have learned a lot from over 2 years of working here as my first job. Management is excellent to teach me new things that can be useful with other jobs. My co-workers are outstanding, and can achieve what is being given to us. The hardest part of the job is when there are so many students to help and there is only one student worker on the clock, it is nerve wrecking. The most enjoyable part of the job, is after helping students, I get compliments on how excellent customer service I give, and telling don't leave as well as I should work there full-time.
i dont care
it support (Former Employee), tinley parkAugust 20, 2015
Extremely innovative and results-oriented professional with strong educational background in biomedical engineering, quality assurance and mechanical repair. Possesses hands-on experience with business operations, teamwork and management as well as skills in communications. Brings a commitment to growing and a passion for problem solving.
I love working for DeVry
Operations Support Coordinator (Current Employee), Mesa, AZAugust 15, 2015
I love working for DeVry, it is an enjoyable environment to come to every day and I feel the company does well by their employees.
Good Career Starter
Academic Advisor (Current Employee), Naperville, ILAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Excellent work environment in an honest company.
Cons: Little room for advancement
I would recommend DeVry to any of my friends and family as being an excellent company with good values who walks the talk and actually cares about its colleagues and students. Yes, we get tossed in with the other for profit educators but I feel that I managed to find the best of the bunch on the first try. If DeVry has any fault it tends to be in its failure to overcome corporate inertia. There's a lot of talk about flexibility and training but few things really change except for academic policies and procedures. The corporate structure doesn't allow much room for advancement but it's a great place to get good experience.
Solid Company, just going through a lot of changes.
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 11, 2015
I've worked here for almost two years now. The bonds I may within the organization have been great but the campus I work for is going through as teach out. It's time for me to move on.
Fun workplace
Non FWS Faculty Assistant (Former Employee), Duluth, GAAugust 3, 2015
Non managerial position learned word processing and giving a fair chance at achieving higher educational perspectives. Giving the opportunity to gain real world experience. Very stern organization, however great company to work for, co workers were very patient with me
Productive and Informative place to work!
Executive Advisor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 30, 2015
I have a wonderful journey so far and have gained lots of knowledge, training and made great lasting professional partnerships so far.
Busy but enjoyable work
Operations Support Assistant (Current Employee), Palmdale, CAJuly 29, 2015
The typical day at work is answering calls and directing students to the right center associates. I learned to navigate Salesforce, and didn't management techniques.
N/A
Receptionist (Former Employee), Tinley Park, ILJuly 29, 2015
Just a part time job taking while attending college. Answered telephones, filed and submitted data in the computer. Very fun place to work attend different school functions.
Great if your not getting laid off...
Admissions Representative (Current Employee), Addison, ILJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Pay, Benefits, Work-Life Balance
Cons: Pressured to get sales, Laid off so stability is an issue
Basic duties: Call, text, and email pending prospect students. Once you have them on the phone you must complete an interview around 45 minutes total and get them to apply. Then you have to follow up for documents and testing. Overall its was like a telemarketing setup call people multiple times a day, and expected to get people to apply. Managers will listen to your calls and give you feed back or scold you for doing something incorrectly so they are listening constantly. Typically set hours, paid bi-weekly, good benefits, decent 401K, and great work life balance - 2 weeks off with option to purchase another week when enrollment is available. Moving up in the company seems difficult as you have to be a top performer and network quite a bit but they are there to help. The people that work there are really nice but I know with admissions at a low they are tending to be more aggressive. Only regret was being laid off... I was only there 6 months...
Nice place to work
Associate Professor, College of Health Science (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Remote work
Cons: Gainful employment hurt the HIT program
This was a great place to work for the past 10 years. I was able to work remote for the last 3 years and gained a great deal of knowledge on how to teach and get a program accredited.
Good school with integrity
Adjunct Professor of Mathematics (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 23, 2015
I worked part time as an adjunct. The adjunct jobs were cut when the student population shrunk. I would work there again.
Stability
Finance Consultant - Student Support Advisor (Current Employee), Fremont, CAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: tuition benefits, unlimited access to training materials
Cons: healthcare, stability
The last few years, DeVry has been letting go of hundreds of employees. Stability is uncertain and with no warning changed over night.
Not good for business!
Recruiter/Academic Advisor (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJuly 22, 2015
This place is all about the money! Does not care about the students or staff. Poor management...Dictatorship!!!! Did not consider employee feedback when attempting to improve the campus.
References in its best form
STUDENT WORKER (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: able to relate
Cons: none
Being able to help students with the everyday of what college life is and what it brings and not get overwhelmed by the world that surrounds us
Organization with much potential.
DIRECTOR OF CURRICULUM (Former Employee), SacramentoJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Experience
Cons: Lack of executive leadership
Many opportunities to improve executive leadership. Attempting to innovate with offering students multiple ways to achieve degrees, however, support for innovation and change is sometimes not demonstrated or supported by upper level leadership.
good pay, that's it
GRADUATE ADMISSIONS ADVISOR (Former Employee), Addison, ILJuly 19, 2015
This was the worse job I ever had in my life. This job stole my happiness for over 2 years. This is a starter job or a job when you can't find anything better. Run! Do not waste your life at DeVry.
Good Company Culture - Tough Industry.
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Flexible scheduling. Great environment
Cons: Industry is down, so job security isn't as high as it used to be.
Compared to other companies, DeVry is a great place to work. Management is supportive, and they do try to develop their talent. Education is a tough industry though, so they have had to cut back some of their resources and some support departments are overworked.