DeVry Employee Reviews

Productive and Informative place to work!
Executive Advisor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 30, 2015
I have a wonderful journey so far and have gained lots of knowledge, training and made great lasting professional partnerships so far.
Busy but enjoyable work
Operations Support Assistant (Current Employee), Palmdale, CAJuly 29, 2015
The typical day at work is answering calls and directing students to the right center associates. I learned to navigate Salesforce, and didn't management techniques.
N/A
Receptionist (Former Employee), Tinley Park, ILJuly 29, 2015
Just a part time job taking while attending college. Answered telephones, filed and submitted data in the computer. Very fun place to work attend different school functions.
Great if your not getting laid off...
Admissions Representative (Current Employee), Addison, ILJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Pay, Benefits, Work-Life Balance
Cons: Pressured to get sales, Laid off so stability is an issue
Basic duties: Call, text, and email pending prospect students. Once you have them on the phone you must complete an interview around 45 minutes total and get them to apply. Then you have to follow up for documents and testing. Overall its was like a telemarketing setup call people multiple times a day, and expected to get people to apply. Managers will listen to your calls and give you feed back or scold you for doing something incorrectly so they are listening constantly. Typically set hours, paid bi-weekly, good benefits, decent 401K, and great work life balance - 2 weeks off with option to purchase another week when enrollment is available. Moving up in the company seems difficult as you have to be a top performer and network quite a bit but they are there to help. The people that work there are really nice but I know with admissions at a low they are tending to be more aggressive. Only regret was being laid off... I was only there 6 months...
Nice place to work
Associate Professor, College of Health Science (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Remote work
Cons: Gainful employment hurt the HIT program
This was a great place to work for the past 10 years. I was able to work remote for the last 3 years and gained a great deal of knowledge on how to teach and get a program accredited.
Good school with integrity
Adjunct Professor of Mathematics (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 23, 2015
I worked part time as an adjunct. The adjunct jobs were cut when the student population shrunk. I would work there again.
Stability
Finance Consultant - Student Support Advisor (Current Employee), Fremont, CAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: tuition benefits, unlimited access to training materials
Cons: healthcare, stability
The last few years, DeVry has been letting go of hundreds of employees. Stability is uncertain and with no warning changed over night.
Not good for business!
Recruiter/Academic Advisor (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJuly 22, 2015
This place is all about the money! Does not care about the students or staff. Poor management...Dictatorship!!!! Did not consider employee feedback when attempting to improve the campus.
References in its best form
STUDENT WORKER (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: able to relate
Cons: none
Being able to help students with the everyday of what college life is and what it brings and not get overwhelmed by the world that surrounds us
Organization with much potential.
DIRECTOR OF CURRICULUM (Former Employee), SacramentoJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Experience
Cons: Lack of executive leadership
Many opportunities to improve executive leadership. Attempting to innovate with offering students multiple ways to achieve degrees, however, support for innovation and change is sometimes not demonstrated or supported by upper level leadership.
good pay, that's it
GRADUATE ADMISSIONS ADVISOR (Former Employee), Addison, ILJuly 19, 2015
This was the worse job I ever had in my life. This job stole my happiness for over 2 years. This is a starter job or a job when you can't find anything better. Run! Do not waste your life at DeVry.
Good Company Culture - Tough Industry.
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Flexible scheduling. Great environment
Cons: Industry is down, so job security isn't as high as it used to be.
Compared to other companies, DeVry is a great place to work. Management is supportive, and they do try to develop their talent. Education is a tough industry though, so they have had to cut back some of their resources and some support departments are overworked.
Overworked and underpaid
Finance Consultant (Former Employee), Addison, ILJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Job security and you can go to school for free after a year of employment
Cons: low wages and heavy work load
They look at quantity over quality
They pay low wages for the work required
The phone calls come in heavy and they do not allow you time to recover from the last call
Entry level position and being a college grad is not required
Good people to work with
Academics (Current Employee), IllinoisJuly 16, 2015
Co-workers are great, however there are constant procedure changes and not enough people in the higher administration to streamline an exact procedure for all campuses to follow.
Healthy work environment
Adjunct Professor - part time teacher (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Healthy work environment
Cons: Not regular teaching offerings
Facilities are excellent that allows easy completion of tasks. Staff and administration are all helpful to any concerns employees may have. Job goals are clearly set within achievable time frames.
I love my current role with DeVry University
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee), Naperville, ILJuly 14, 2015
I enjoy the work that I do and the ability I have to assist students. I am just looking for a better opportunity in a different culture.
Great learning environment and work atmoshere
IT Help Desk Technician (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 13, 2015
Pros: fun and easy environment
Cons: the pay is not that good
It is a great job where you learn a lot and the staff are just a great group of people just like a family environment. It is always a challenge when a new session starts because you have to enroll all the students in active directory and setting them up for classes but rewarding when helping them all succeed in their goals.
I enjoy completing projects, analyzing schedules and data logs, and tutoring students.
Lead Tutor (Current Employee), Fort Washington, PaJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule, pleasant work environment.
Cons: Unable to work more than 20 hours a week, no healthcare.
A very nice place to work. Advancement was available to me after graduating. I really enjoy working as a team with the other tutors and assisting my boss with projects and tasks. Getting the chance to not only tutor in the Academic Support Center, but also work in Student Central, and the Library has helped me gain experience in the different aspects of data entry and have first-hand experience of how different departments of a company are run.
Helpful and Productive work place
Front Desk Clerk and Tutor (Former Employee), Decatur, GAJuly 11, 2015
Individuals are very productive. Their productivity is used to accomplish task and goals. It allows us to help not only other students, but each other as employees. Our employees have strong relationships between each other, which make their days fun.
eduacating
Registration Clerk (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 7, 2015
Pros: getting paid
Cons: leaving school
I enjoyed working at this job I laminated ID's for the students. I did data entry, inputting students information to help them fill out their schedules. i copy and filed and interfiled, and kept things organized