DeVry

DeVry Employer Reviews

Loved working here
High School Programs Representative (Current Employee), Henderson NVSeptember 18, 2014
Great boss great co workers and a very fun place to work!

Wished my boss would have stayed here:)
School Renview
Technology Instructor (Current Employee), Southfield, MISeptember 8, 2014
Expensive institution. Study to get your moneys worth. Instructors have real world experiences.
Great place to work.
Student Finance Consultant II (Promotion) (Former Employee), Long Beach, CASeptember 8, 2014
Will work in a office and take care of student financial account and meet with them when they had questions.
Great place to work!
Student Finance Consultant (Former Employee), Miramar, FLSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: hours
Great place to work. I learned about team work, great management style, respect for its employees. great coworkers.
Kept my skills sharp
Student/Faculty Assistant/Math Tutor (Former Employee), Seven Hills, OHSeptember 7, 2014
Tutoring at DeVry kept me on my toes. I also learned a lot more about math that I did not know or struggled with before. A typical day for me was being in the tutor lab. I would have several students at one time doing different things. When they needed help I would guide them to the correct answer or give them an example.
Most Rewarding Company.
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Fort Washington and King of Prussia PASeptember 5, 2014
Pros: great training, nice lead flow and benefits package, as well as, very personable.
Cons: did not like seeing co-workers leaving so often.
I really enjoyed working at DeVry this was my very first Admissions position and it prepared me for every Admissions job I have had. The training was awesome and consistent.
My manager effectively managed us without micro managing.
The benefits package was great and there was a good balance between home life and work.
The programs were good and the – more... quality of student applying was A+ I would work there again given the opportunity.
There revolving door of Admissions Reps we a little bothersome but I was there for quite sometime and only left there because of relocation. – less
Student worker
Registrar Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee), Miramar, FLSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: my work and class were in the same building
Cons: the pay for student workers is minimum wage.
Wonderful workplace with fun atmosphere, ran like an well oiled machine and that's why everything got done.
Productive and fun workplace
Federal Work Study (Current Employee), Sherman Oaks, CASeptember 4, 2014
Great learning experience. As a student worker there are many tasks to learn which helps build you for your professional career in the future. Filing, scanning, indexing, answering phone calls, planning events, catering calls, and helping students is just some of the work here.
Productitive
Career Services Advisor (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: monthly campus lunch days
Cons: low pay
Was able to teach classes fun environment. Fast paced organization with very dedicated people
its ok for short term
Assistant (Former Employee), ColtonAugust 25, 2014
Pros: meet a lot of new people
Cons: management
It is all about management.Our center lost our dean so they brought in the dean from the nearest Campus. This was terrible because after she cam everyone started taking sides and gossiping and everything went down hill. The work load changes frequently and teamwork is just not there because management does not do their job right.
DeVry is an excellent University. The small classes are more personal and the Professors are more than willing to work with you.
Student (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAAugust 24, 2014
Pros: staff support, free tutoring, small class size, close location.
Cons: can't think of any, thanks.
The classes at DeVry are condensed and the degrees take less time than larger 4-year colleges. The smaller class sizes allow more personal interaction with others and the instructor.

Studying Health Service Management covered all aspects of the ever-changing Healthcare Business. (See Education section)

The staff was always there and very helpful in – more... every way possible. It was comforting to know they were there to arm you with the knowledge necessary to move forward in your education and your new career.

Besides the general difficulty in learning anything new, there was nothing hard about getting the education needed to change careers.

The whole experience of gaining more knowledge in a field of Healthcare was enjoyable. – less
Excellent company if you want to work in higher education
Student Worker (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: great environment, making adifference in higher education
As a student worker I was not compensated in the same manner as a person if hired on with the company. I did enjoy staying busy and learning new tasks everyday. My co workers were amazing and we always got along.
Excellent teachers and outstanding class work
Student (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 17, 2014
Technical knowledge and homework/class work was directly related to the industry I am trying to obtain a degree in.
Great Job But needed better training
FIELD SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAAugust 16, 2014
Pros: a little freedom
Cons: long hours, lack of training
Little to no training. Learned as I went. Not sure how things are now. Must be comfortable speaking in front of highschool students who, lets face it, are brutal sometimes. Long hours. Follow up with interested students at their homes which can be interesting. The biggest issue I had was management interested in their own sales quotas instead of taking – more... the time to properly mentor. – less
Interesting place to work
Operations Support Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 13, 2014
Pros: different hours each day some early some late.
Cons: no set consistent hourly schedule.
A typical day at work is for me to start the day with checking to see what task need to be completed. I turn on the lights, log on to my computer and log in to the necessary systems. I do my necessary task and answer phones servicing students on a daily basis. What I've learned is how to interact with many differnet types of people. I'm also learning – more... how to mange my work for the day. Management is great where I work. They are fair and are willing to work with you about anything. The hardest part of my job are dealing with students that get frustrated about personal things. The most enjoyable part of my job is the great conversations I get to have sometimes with my colleagues and students that I service. – less
Associate Director, Career Services (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAAugust 6, 2014
Great Regionally Accredited College for the working professional. Great people to work with and great benefits.
Productive and busy environment
Security Officer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 2, 2014
Working for Devry was overall a good experience. I had great hours and the faculty and students were great. The most enjoyable part of my job at Devry was the appreciation I got from the faculty and students for being their security. The hardest part of my Job at devry was when I had to kick out people that did not belong in the school.
Learned
NFSW Tech I helpdesk (Current Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 1, 2014
Pros: learning experience
Cons: constant blaming
management was out of touch with the needs and requirements of the customers
Teaching assistant responsible for tutoring
Faculty Assistant (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 31, 2014
Pros: lots of study time
Typical day is assisting the faculty with their agenda and tutoring students in the current material.
This postition enabled me to see the institution in a different way and encouraged me to persue further opportunities in the future.
Management was great and really enjoyed this position.
Co-workers were all positive and energetic. Great place to work.
There – more... really was no hard part of this position. It was very enjoyable to sit in the class and re-learn the material as well as have the opportunity to assist students to improve their knowledge base. – less
Academic Peer Advisor (Former Employee), Fort Washington, PAJuly 29, 2014
DeVry University, Fort Washington Campus was an awesome place to work. I was a student employee there and the team I worked with was wonderful and was like a second family to me.

1 2 3 4 5

About DeVry

It isn't exactly Ivy League, but DeVry is in the big leagues of technical, health care, and business schools. The for-profit educational – Read more