DeVry

DeVry Employee Reviews

No growth available
Executive Admissions Advisor (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 1, 2015
I have worked for DeVry group for almost 11 years. Unfortunately I have not been able to advance as I thought I might when I first started at the company. There have been a lot of changes over the years with the industry and its just time for a change!

I have had a number of managers through my tenure and love my co workers. I love working with students and helping them achieve their goal to attain a degree.
Cleaning the classrooms and answering the phones.
Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 30, 2015
Pros: We were treated to free lunches or free milkshakes.
Cons: Not being able to help someone when they called looking for assistance.
I usually would help clean the classrooms each morning, and then I would help answer the phones at the main desk area. I also would help the staff with any projects they needed to have done. I learned how to answer the phones correctly, and to be able to help the people get the answers they needed. Management was good to work for, and very helpful when I needed to solve a problem. My co-workers were easy to get along with, and we all helped each other out when needed. The hardest part was trying to help someone on the phone and not being able to. The most enjoyable part was making sure the classrooms were clean and ready for use.
Professional Enviroment
Student Finance Consultant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Close to home
Cons: Was not able to stay due to family emergency
• Advising students of Title IV funding eligibility and loan debt responsibility
• VA Certifying Official
• Verify the accuracy of all documents to ensure funds are awarded accurately
Organization that is focused on helping students
GROUP DIRECTOR OF UNIVERSITY PARTNERSHIPS (Current Employee), Downers Grove, ILJune 25, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: None
While working at DeVry, my typical day consisted of:

1. Coaching and development of colleagues
2. Management of field representatives
3. Performance management
4. Development of performance expectations
5. Creation of marketing collateral
6. Management of financial budget
GREAT LEARNING
Student worker/ IT department (Current Employee), Pomona, CAJune 25, 2015
Pros: great training
Cons: low pay
My training in school, and at work were great . I learned so much in class and on the job this has been a great experience, and now is the time for me to move forward in my career and build a successful future.
Friendly Co-workers, quick to assist students
IT Help Desk Technician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 22, 2015
Pros: Diverse nature of complaints teaches one a lot
Cons: Demanding students
At the beginning of a shift you want to briefed on what needs to be done, tackle that and then get your daily responsibilities done in order of merit. Working in that environment taught me how to deal with IT related issues from a bottom-up approach because the problem would sometimes be very minor.
The managers/faculty were very helpful and encouraging, I learned a great deal of how to deal with technical issues by watching them. In the beginning, they would advise me to pay attention to the different ways they would troubleshoot systems.
I did not find any parts of the job difficult, some problems just took more time to troubleshoot. I enjoyed being able to help solve problems and ease the frustration of some.
Great learning experience even outside the classroom
Student Peer Tutor (Current Employee), Merrillville, INJune 18, 2015
This was a great opportunity for me to learn basic office skills while still pursuing my education. The company has been really good to me. I learned a lot about the education field in terms of compliance and regulatory issues. I worked with a really great team at the Merrillville Center and have been able to learn skills that will help me once I start my career.
Not worth the trouble
Student Support Advisor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 17, 2015
Pros: Good coworkers
Cons: Everything else
Lots of layoffs have been going on. They expect you to work 1 job that normally takes 3 people. You can do way more for better money elsewhere. Management was not on your side and would block you from advancing within the company. Wouldn't be surprised if this place closes.
Great Job
SHIFT LEADER (Former Employee), Decatur, GAJune 16, 2015
Great starter job for a student worker, schedule is great as they work with your class schedule. Pay is just perfect for a college student
fun busy day!
Admission Advisor (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 12, 2015
Call potential students to discuss career goals and assist in enrolling students into school.

You call and conduct interviews with potential students to see if they are a good match to the university
Admin
Admin (Former Employee), MiramarJune 10, 2015
handle day to day office operations, greeting students and handling day to day workload. Great team and management which has helped me move ahead to my career path.
Decent pay but poor management
Student Services Representative (Former Employee), Naperville, ILJune 8, 2015
Pros: Ability to work from home a few days a week
Cons: High turnover, poor management, little training
Not all of the managers and team leaders are fully trained. Training for new employees is done by equal-level employees. There is an option of "work from home" where you take a laptop back and forth and answer calls from the laptop. Typical call center environment - all on your own. Wish-washy managers, each manager has a different view on what is right and wrong. Expectations are not the same across the board, which makes the job environment difficult and confusing.
Teamwork/Individual Fast-paced Work Environment
Student (Former Employee), Westminister, COJune 8, 2015
Great Communication between staff and students. Also, great communication between fellow students. A fast-paced environment that takes paying attention to detail and being proactive. I enjoy learning new things and assisting others. Great for networking.
Mostly have autonomy in work
Professor (Current Employee), Irving, TexasJune 4, 2015
Over the years, I have been in control of the courses I have taught. Having autonomy in the workplace is critical to workplace satisfaction and I have had this much more than previous work. Not all faculty have such freedom, however. This autonomy is gradually going away, it appears with the changes that Devry University is going through at this time.
A fiscally responsible company with great salary and benefits
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 2, 2015
An overall good place to work. The responsibilities are reasonable and the pay is great. The benefits are also better than anywhere I've found. There was a lot of turn over in my department, though. And that made me uncomfortable. Also even though the pay and benefits are great, it can put you out of the market for comparable roles if you are strategic about cross-training or going into management.
Fun work place
Student Assistant Operation Support Coordinator (Former Employee), Colton, CAJune 1, 2015
Great place to get a post-secondary experience. There is a great room to gain experience and training available for new employees in the field.
productive
Student Central Assistant (Former Employee), Decatur georgiaMay 28, 2015
Pros: had a lot a room for improvement to grow
Cons: not available for full time
Great for a college student starting out. The job allowed me to learn more about the career i was looking to go in to. The job did not have any opens for growth or a full time job.
Rewarding Work but Limited Growth
Financial and Academic Advisor (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 28, 2015
Pros: Rewarding work
Work was rewarding especially since you are helping students reach their goals. Limited growth within the company. Strong work/Life balance.
Student advocacy, student success, operational
Dean (Current Employee), Alhambra, CAMay 27, 2015
Pros: Work closely with students, faculty and staff
Cons: No traditional breaks-- classes are year around
Oversee and manage overall operational needs of staff, students, faculty, and center

Support all programs for both Undergrad and Graduate studies

Advise students on academic and career goals

Support staff with resources to better serve our student population- registration, work/life balance, financial aid awareness

Work closely with scheduling of classes, work one on one with faculty to ensure needs are met in the classroom

Comply with regulatory affairs and programs associated with the Dept of Ed

Promote and market the university

Participate in community and professional organizations- Support Student Advocacy
Great for encouraging students to succeed
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Edina, MNMay 26, 2015
Taught various telecommunications classes.
How to be empathetic to students
Good management
Changing management structure
Teaching students and seeing them succeed

1 2 3 4 5

About DeVry

It isn't exactly Ivy League, but DeVry is in the big leagues of technical, health care, and business schools. The for-profit educational – Read more

DeVry Salaries