DeVry

DeVry Employer Reviews

Horrible company
MA instructor (Current Employee), CaliforniaFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: great students, rewarding experience helping students succeed.
Cons: no work / life balance
This may be the worst company I have worked for. They make promises they don't indend to keep. They expect you to work split shifts, part time, continually changing schedules and expectations from week to week. Part time hours, but full time commitment. With no opportunity to succeed.
A nice experience for students
Helpdesk/Technician (Former Employee), Addison, ILFebruary 24, 2015
I was learn a lot of valuable skills as a student worker at DeVry I feel I had received a better real world experience than in the class room.
Tutor and Facilities
Faculty assistant (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 21, 2015
Tutor under class mates with class work and lab work. Also monitor testing during class work.
Supervised second shift facilities clean up crew and was responsible for total lock up and security.
Finance Consultant (Former Employee), Naperville, ILFebruary 18, 2015
Great pay and benefits. Most Management has a strong concept of spreading fear and intimidation to their employees. Not my idea of developing a rapport with employees.
Helpdesk Technician
Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2015
● Troubleshoot and repaired any hardware problems with PC’s printers, laptops, and network connections
● Troubleshoot and repaired any software problems such as error messages, email or network configurations
● Calibrated and troubleshoot HP Agilent Oscilloscopes, Power Supply, Function, Generators, and Digital Multimedia
Overall a Good Company
Senior Director of Admissions (Former Employee), New YorkFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: training and development for admissions
Cons: not much with other departments
Good company over all. Students get a lot of help. Job insecurity at all levels. Being able to head new initiatives to grow the college's student population.
Challenging changes and environment
Senior Enrollment Management (Former Employee), Fremont, CAFebruary 2, 2015
DeVry University is a good place to work because of the rewarding fact that students get an education. The work itself can be tough due to the changes to the for profit institute but is easily manageable based on your flexibility.
Great Position
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee), Arlington, VAFebruary 1, 2015
My Direct Manager provides me with constant communication, training and support. The company cares about their employees. Compensation and benefits are above average. DeVry is ethical and believes in helping students succeed.
Not for the weak
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee), ILJanuary 29, 2015
Difficult industry to work in but fulfilling. The industry has gone through a shake up over the past several years and DeVry has stilled maintained their integrity throughout.
DeVry as a corporation is but local leadership determines how much you will or won't like your job.
n/a
Student Finance Consultant (Current Employee), Addison, ILJanuary 29, 2015
I have only worked here for a year and just like another other company there are pros and cons. This company is all about who you know and not what you do. A work day consist of answering inbound calls all day for different students. In any given day you can take 150 calls but keep in mind you have a student base as well that you are expected to work with. This is attached to you a nd what you do with only1 day out of a week to work with these students. I think it is unfair th at you cannot work directly with the students assigned to you because you are taking so many calls to the point students do not know who their advisor is and it makes things hard.
Excellent benefits and training tools
Executive Admissions Advisor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 26, 2015
Excellent company to work for. Great benefits and training tools. The best thing about my job is helping people change their lives. The most difficult part is watching someone's dream fail.
Student Worker
Receptionist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: friendly environment, flexible schedule
Cons: no benefits, low pay
Assistant to the registrar. I help run transcripts, maintain veteran records, and assisted in degree audits. I was able to work and attend school.
General office procedures and customer service
Student Worker (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: was able to study during down time
Cons: little pay and few hours
A typical day at work was spent routing complaints to the correct staff member and helping students. I created student ID's and directed students to their classes. I worked closely with staff, professors, and students to improve student life. I helped set up many school functions such as the career fair and honors ceremony.
Learning
Receptionist (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: computers skils, one on one customer service, phone services
Cons: slow pace jobs
A typical day at work I learn from everyone actualy enjoy learning new things everyday. I learn from the boss co-workers and even other general staff members.
Student Worker position at IT Help Desk
IT Help Desk Technician (Former Employee), Fort Washington, PAJanuary 17, 2015
Supported staff and students off campus via phone and email and on campus by assisting them directly either in the classroom or offices in order to resolve hardware, software, networking, and login or password issues. Most issues were login and password related. Learned the inner workings of PC and laptop hardware during first month of work and replaced a batch of faulty motherboards and processors. Later learned to replace RAM, graphics cards, and learned the beep codes when a PC failed to boot. Coworkers were friendly and like minded. Everyone got along very well; it was a laid back and flexible work environment. Management was also easy-going and flexible.
Recruitment Challenges (For Profit Industry)
Admissions (Former Employee), NCJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: friendly work environement
Cons: work life balance, poor management
Overall, the company provided decent compensation for the industry standards, however too much turnover and no job security in the admissions area.
productive and educational
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: free lunch at times and new business opprotunities
A typical day of work with DeVry University was fun. I learned more about administration and clerical work. I had awesome managers they helped me get better at my job. I had great co workers. The hardest part of this job was leaving it. The most enjoyable part of this job was having it.
admissions advisor
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Naperville, ILJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits, entry level training.
Cons: micro manage, they don't let you find your own style.
Straight forward job, they have a good training program. But definitely a bussiness before school. They disclose information but mis lead students. Typical day consists of managers micro managing and pushing you to apply students even if it isn't good fit setting them up with huge student loans.
A Great Place to work
Director of Student Services (Former Employee), Crystal City, VADecember 30, 2014
Pros: great management
Outstanding organization and management. Well organized, friendly and clean.
Productive and a learning experience
Student Worker (Former Employee), Richardson, TXDecember 13, 2014
Pros: working with student processing
A typical day begins with opening the classrooms and ensure that all the boards were cleaned in each room. I would set up the student lounge area with coffee, cups, and napkins. I return to my desk and check emails for any additional assigned work from the Center Dean or an Administrative Advisor. I check each day for student documents need to be scanned into the student portal to student records updated. I enjoyed working with the students the most. I learned alot from the faculty about how and what documents you need to enroll in college and about reliability, creativity, determination, ethics, customer service, critical thinking, patience. I learned how to use a new processing system (Oracle). The most enjoyable part of my job was helping the students with their schedules, making appointments with student finance or an advisor, and helping them get all the required documents from other schools they had attended to complete their enrollment applications with DeVry.

1 2 3 4 5

About DeVry

It isn't exactly Ivy League, but DeVry is in the big leagues of technical, health care, and business schools. The for-profit educational – Read more