DeVry

DeVry Employee Reviews

Able to get all my homework completed
Tutor/Librarian- Tutor (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAMay 20, 2015
I enjoyed Devry because it gave me the time needed to complete all my homework. I was never behind in classes because working in the library I constantly had access to complete my homework.
Overal Satisfied
Front Desk Assistant (Former Employee), Fremont, CAMay 20, 2015
Cons: No advancement opportunnites
Great first step in the right direction to getting a job in the administrative field. Co-Workers were friendly and management did all right.
Organized and Productive
Professor of Project Management and Telecom (Current Employee), Miramar, FLMay 19, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: Short Deadlines
We have a lot of freedom to do our job, but we also have short deadlines.

There is chance for job growth, but continuous layoffs
Great Company
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee), TexasMay 17, 2015
Great company overall but staff could stand to be a little more friendly. Work schedule is okay I am able to get off work early a couple of days out of the week. Overall I enjoy what I do and the company itself is great.
DIFFERENT. ON PURPOSE
Senior Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Fort Washington, PAMay 16, 2015
As one of the largest private, degree-granting, regionally accredited higher education systems in North America, DeVry University has been providing an education that works for over eighty years. Their five distinguished colleges of study offer degree programs in business, technology and healthcare technology. The curriculum in their academic programs is developed by industry leaders like IBM, Cisco and Adobe to help prepare graduates for in-demand careers when they graduate.
Overall a very good company to work for.
Operations Support Coordinator (Current Employee), Stockbridge, GAMay 16, 2015
Pros: The working hours
Cons: Lack of internal advance
A technology leader. Company surveys are given on a regular basis to give employees the opportunity to voice concerns and suggestions.
Great job Low number of hours
Office Worker - Financial Aid Office (Former Employee), Fort Washington, PAMay 16, 2015
Pros: worked around school
Cons: maximum of 20 hours
A typical day was answering phone calls, scanning and faxing documents, and sending people to the right office.

Management was great.

Worked around school schedule was there most important thing for them to do.

My co-workers where great and everyone there was there to have fun and get work done.
Great company & salary but expensive medical benefits.
Manager, Local Accounts (Current Employee), RemoteMay 9, 2015
Pros: Growth opportunities are plentiful
Cons: Expensive health care
Great company to work for. They provide extensive training & free professional development opportunities but the cost of benefits is way too high. That cost should be considered during salary negotiations.
Many great colleagues around the country
Facilities Supervisor (Current Employee), Federal Way WA. 98001May 7, 2015
Pros: Education benefits
Cons: Education benefits count as compensation whether you use them or not.
Pretty busy and a lot of various types of work skills. The people were great to work for and their dedication helped provide me more incentive to do as much for all of them as possible to make their job easier to complete.
good experiece
Senior Executive Advisor (Former Employee), Naperville, ILMay 5, 2015
I had a strong experience in multiple brands of this organization. My managers were committed to my success and development and I was given the tools I needed to succeed.
Solid Education
Academic Administrator (Current Employee), PennsylvaniaMay 5, 2015
Pros: Flex Scheduling
Cons: As a for-profit institution, it is grouped with poor quality institutions. DVU has high academic standards and great professors.
Great people focused on providing quality education, career assistance, and growth opportunities. Good place to work.
DeVry University is passionate in providing quality education
Associate Director of Admissions (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 4, 2015
Pros: authentically helping students succeed, benefits, compensation, professional development
Cons: reducation, schedule, location for student demographic population
DeVry University is passionate in providing quality education to the non-traditional student by assisting them with programs and skillsets to obtain outstanding career outcomes.

During my five plus years at DeVry University, I have learned methods of motivating and driving results through employee engagement, training and development. Throughout my work history, I worked under some of the best managers through DeVry University and I was fortunate to have great mentors. Examples include, but are not limited to the balance between process and people management, using analytics to make business decisions and drive results and assisting students to utilize their education and assets for the career goals.
Organized and Prepared
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 4, 2015
Pros: Great working environment
Cons: Difficulty working with Home Office at times their rules were not clear
Heavy phone contact with students solving scheduling and payment of tuition issues. Ordered office supplies and kept stock room filled with office supplies. Organized staff marketing events. Phoned students with class suggestions for coming terms. Also spoke to them about class assignments and availability. I learned how to enter data into overall system located in Columbus. Answered recruitment calls detailing school offerings. My co-workers were fun to work with and we helped each other out. The hardest part of the job was telling students about their class qualifications when they were failing. and the most enjoyable was when they were able to get on track with your help.
Great place to grow as an employee.
Library Director (Former Employee), West Hills, CAMay 2, 2015
Pros: Always work to be done.
Cons: Always work to be done.
I have worked for DeVry for over 10 years. Progressive, upbeat, intergenerational, international, and multicultural. DeVry asks you to bring all your cards to the table no matter what department you work in.
The company culture is wonderful.
Manager of Student Services (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 2, 2015
Pros: Free classes once you have been there for 6 months
Cons: Houston Campus is closing
The staff and managers are wonderful. Gave me the hands on experience in Program and Project Management to go along with my Masters in Business Administration with a specialty in Project Management.
Good School
Student Finance Consultant (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 30, 2015
The service they do is done well. The students get to walk away with skills to ensure they get the career their after. They were bought by Kaplan and things have changed but in the end its up to each student to give their best efforts.
Fun work place
Internship (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 30, 2015
Devry was a fun and a great learning experience. Helping new students on financial aid was fun for me becuase people didnt know how to fill out the information and doing student loan and i was able to do that. Management was cool and very strict because the job we had was something we couldnt fool around and do. There was not a hard part just helping other was awesome to me and meeting new people everyday.
clerical position
Receptionist (Former Employee), Pomona, CAApril 29, 2015
Worked closely with students and making sure they received their id and insurance information. as well as activities director.
Its about Them and them ONLY
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 28, 2015
Cons: No diversity once you get higher within the company, late nights, weekends
I currently demonstrate the company's Core Values by developing trust and respect among colleagues, students and management, while working in teams and partnering with others departments through collaborative work ethics, and driving business results by placing a high priority on detail and accuracy to successfully complete all tasks
DVU
Library Director (Current Employee), Federal Way, WAApril 25, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: constricting market
While some of the local leadership is deficient, two of the very administrators I have ever worked with in more than 25 years in higher ed have been with DeVry!

1 2 3 4 5

About DeVry

It isn't exactly Ivy League, but DeVry is in the big leagues of technical, health care, and business schools. The for-profit educational – Read more

DeVry Salaries