Dewberry Employee Reviews

Nice environment
Administrative Intern (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, VAJanuary 12, 2016
Nice place to work, all employees and the office manager, were always nice. I loved the schedule and all the people that work in this office were very professional
Pros
an hour break, fair enough
Cons
no complains
Pros and Cons
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 19, 2015
The co-workers are the best part of this company. They make up for the lack of support from management tolerable. This company is very top heavy---which wasn't always the case and its sad to see that its come to that.
Pros
co-workers, somewhat flexible work hours
Cons
healthcare, limited telaworking
Productive and Fun workplace
Emergency Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 9, 2015
Tasks included: Scheduling inspections for affected homes to assess damages from Hurricane Sandy such as finding unsafe amounts of lead or asbestos containing materials;
Uploading data collected from Lead and Asbestos Reports onto a case management system to track progress
Utilizing a switchboard phone system to handle a high volume of telephone calls in order to assess clients’ needs; and
Proofreading and editing Lead and Asbestos reports before entering data into case management system. It's a very lax work environment as long as you get your work done. You get your own work space and computer. You make your own schedule and the pay is hourly; I had a part time position so I was able to come in at any time as long as it was between 8am and 5pm from Mon - Sunday and complete up to 30 hours a week. Co-workers are very friendly; the environment is very professional. There are copious amounts of paperwork that you must process accurately and efficiently.
Pros
Free coffee; job location is near a variety of restaurants and stores
Disaster Related
Contract Construction Inspector/Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 4, 2015
Emergency Management. Please let applicants apply.I performed field services for FEMA hurricane disaster management on Louisiana Gulf
Coast. Involved numerous assessments and monitoring, including public and private
property assessments; demolitions, salt water damaged tree removal DR 1607, DR 1603
Hurricanes Rita and Katrina.
Pros
pro active
Productive, quiet but friendly place to work
Geospatial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 16, 2015
A typical work day is working hard at the computer.

I learned a lot at Dewberry, and the really cool thing is that I'm still learning a lot. To name a few, I learned how to use MicroStation and how to manage LiDAR data.

The co-workers are very nice and easy to talk to. The ironic thing is that no one seems talkative, though.

The hardest part of the job is being able to finish the task in the given time that's handed to you because the task can be a large quantity of work.

The most enjoyable part(s) is constantly learning as you go and seeing the final product make a huge impact in a community. For example, the hazardous debris projects.
Pros
coffee break talks, short walks with a group of co-workers, and healthcare benefits
Cons
quiet and very cold temperature office space
A good place to start, but doesn't let you stay.
Environmental Analyst (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJanuary 6, 2015
I learned a lot at Dewberry in my field of work, and gave me the work experience I needed and involve myself in. It gave me the opportunity to work with a team, on an individual level, and on my own to develop ways to better myself and the way we worked. However, management seems a little sloppy. While I was expected to be temporary, the way it was handled was poor and was essentially laid off without being told so. While the main project was coming to a close; they told us to find other work within the office -- but no other projects were in line leaving many of us stranded.
Pros
valuable experience andd connections.
Cons
management is not proactive.
it is an okay place to work for an engineer
CAD technician (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 11, 2014
The most important thing to Dewberry is that you have an engineering degree
Pros
g
Cons
g
Great Place to work
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDOctober 24, 2014
Day of traveling from job to job. Management errors at times. Most co-worker were hard workers. I learned time management, How to lead a crew, operated different survey equipment
Pros
traveling
Good company to start and continue if you get on the management career
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 4, 2014
Great technical people and strong managers. No strong growth for technical people. Most of the fast grown in their career are those who management to move to the management track.
Pros
good benifets
Cons
not that good for older technical people
Overall it is a fun place to work even though the compensation is not competitive compare to other organizations
Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 4, 2014
In this position I learn how to review contracts, PO, mod, etc. and jobs set up and to billing clients on a monthly basis. The hard part is to get project managers to submit their invoice proofs on a timely manner.

Want to know more about Dewberry?

Ask a question
A productive and very fun workplace.
Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 28, 2014
I enjoy going into work everyday! The office environment is great and the work is fun.
Worked extremely long hours which is preferred when working on the road.
Assessor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 30, 2014
Performed intensive assessments of damaged homes and estimated repairs required for habitability requirements. Separate calculations from Xactimate sketches were made to differentiate actual storm damage, previous repairs, new repairs, deferred maintenance and neglect. Worked with a cohesive group of talented individuals with a very wide range of background from all over the United States.
Pros
worked long hours on the road.
Cons
inconsistent guidelines requiring numerous re-submissions.
Intern
Water & Wastewater Team Member (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 21, 2013
Received great work experience in a variety of fields of Civil Engineering
Sr. JDE HR/Payroll Applications Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 9, 2013
Great place to work. Would recommend it to anyone looking to work here.
Great
Disater Mitigation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAApril 11, 2013
I have worked here for several years and the company is nice to work for. Headquarters is in Fairfax VA.
Good pay, good people, but can suck the life out of you
Technology Solutions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VirginiaJanuary 13, 2013
Depending on your position you can work a lot of overtime although they pay for it which is nice. The contract work can be stressful and there are ridiculous demands at times. Overall, not bad benefits and a good experience.
Great people that work within the company.
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJDecember 10, 2012
Overall the environment is good. Not a lot of training in other areas and no room for advancement if you are working within Administration. Everything is outsourced to the Corporate office in Virgina.
Cons
short lunches, healthcare is ok, a lot of the planning by the moral committee is employee based and not family oriented.
Typical growing office
Transportation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJNovember 9, 2012
Great job out of college. Typical corporate workplace. Hard to be happy unless you absolutely love what you are doing. If managers were more motivating and caring then it wouldn't have been so bad.
Pros
the people
Cons
management and morale
Hard working, Team Player and helpful
Financial Analyst III/ Business Analyst (EVMS) (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 24, 2012
Working at dewberry taught me a lotand it was fun. I learned about Financial Analyses, Budgeting, pricing, design business unti trends and Analyze and communicate the benefits and costs of projects. Also i reported cost and Earned Value numbers to the client. Ilove my co workers because we work as a team and helpfulach other. We usually eat lunch together. The hardest part of the job is when its slow time of the month and there is no work to be done. Just waiting for the next reporting cycle. I ususally will go to management to help them with their work. The most enjoyable part is when there is work to do and we are working together.
Dewberry
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 24, 2012
I loved working at Dewberry. If I was not laid off I would still be there. A typical day was relaxing, the office staff were all efficient and knew there jobs.
Pros
growth in the company
Cons
everything was great