Dewberry Employee Reviews

Great place to intern
Engineering Internship (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 1, 2017
Interns are treated extremely well and you get a lot of opportunities to develop. The culture is very relaxed and easy going. The pay is on the high end for similar internships.
Dewberry offer a great work place envionment
Senior Designer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 23, 2017
The work place and the employees at Dewberry are very professional and also create a very fun work place culture. They promote a great place to work and the people who work there really enjoy it. They also promote growth and reward hard work.
Conservative company with limited advancement opportunity
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMay 7, 2017
Poor work-life balance, with limited support, compensation and benefits for demonstrated accomplishments. The company culture has employees "pigeon-holed" into specific roles of responsibility. On the positive, benefits are competitive compared within the A-E industry.
Great place to learn
Architectural Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2017
Working at Dewberry was a great experience. The staff was very supportive of me. I had the opportunity to be involved in every step of the Architecture design process.
Pros
Morning break and afternoon breaks keep employees awake during today
the environment is great, employees work as a one family.
Construction Inspector (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 5, 2017
Each day I went to job, I determined to learn something new. Construction is dynamic process. So expecting new things you are going to face, in a daily basis, is challenging and fun in the same time in my opinion.
Very knowledgable in the Engineering industry
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 26, 2017
Dewberry is a great company to work for if you have multiple years of experience. If you are not an Associate, there are no bonuses. Dewberry promotes teamwork, but doesn't compensate the worker bees that contribute to the success of the company and/or upper level Associates.
Great
Geologist (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJOctober 2, 2016
It has been a great company with good work life balance. Dewberry wants you to succeed financially and career wise while having fun life outside of work.
Great Entry Level Internship
Land Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 6, 2016
Dewberry is a great company to work as various departments can be available in one area. I learned computer skills such as Autodesk AutoCad and Bentley Storm/Water Cad. In addition, I learned a lot of each municipality and city differs from one another.
Use you up and throw you away
Instrument Operator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 9, 2016
I traveled working in the pipeline survey area. It's more like they hire their friends that have no experience and let go people that actually know what they are doing.
Nice environment
Administrative Intern (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, VAJanuary 12, 2016
Nice place to work, all employees and the office manager, were always nice. I loved the schedule and all the people that work in this office were very professional
Pros
an hour break, fair enough
Cons
no complains

Want to know more about Dewberry?

Ask a question
productive and friendly environment to accomplish your goals.
Senior PC Tech (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 15, 2015
Dewberry is has a great productive and friendly work environment. Everyday one can learn different things in technology as you are expected to be on your toes. I am very lucky to have a very relax and friendly co-workers and managers.
Pros and Cons
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 19, 2015
The co-workers are the best part of this company. They make up for the lack of support from management tolerable. This company is very top heavy---which wasn't always the case and its sad to see that its come to that.
Pros
co-workers, somewhat flexible work hours
Cons
healthcare, limited telaworking
Productive and Fun workplace
Emergency Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 9, 2015
Tasks included: Scheduling inspections for affected homes to assess damages from Hurricane Sandy such as finding unsafe amounts of lead or asbestos containing materials;
Uploading data collected from Lead and Asbestos Reports onto a case management system to track progress
Utilizing a switchboard phone system to handle a high volume of telephone calls in order to assess clients’ needs; and
Proofreading and editing Lead and Asbestos reports before entering data into case management system. It's a very lax work environment as long as you get your work done. You get your own work space and computer. You make your own schedule and the pay is hourly; I had a part time position so I was able to come in at any time as long as it was between 8am and 5pm from Mon - Sunday and complete up to 30 hours a week. Co-workers are very friendly; the environment is very professional. There are copious amounts of paperwork that you must process accurately and efficiently.
Pros
Free coffee; job location is near a variety of restaurants and stores
Disaster Related
Contract Construction Inspector/Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 4, 2015
Emergency Management. Please let applicants apply.I performed field services for FEMA hurricane disaster management on Louisiana Gulf
Coast. Involved numerous assessments and monitoring, including public and private
property assessments; demolitions, salt water damaged tree removal DR 1607, DR 1603
Hurricanes Rita and Katrina.
Pros
Pro Active
Productive, quiet but friendly place to work
Geospatial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 16, 2015
A typical work day is working hard at the computer.

I learned a lot at Dewberry, and the really cool thing is that I'm still learning a lot. To name a few, I learned how to use MicroStation and how to manage LiDAR data.

The co-workers are very nice and easy to talk to. The ironic thing is that no one seems talkative, though.

The hardest part of the job is being able to finish the task in the given time that's handed to you because the task can be a large quantity of work.

The most enjoyable part(s) is constantly learning as you go and seeing the final product make a huge impact in a community. For example, the hazardous debris projects.
Pros
Coffee break talks, short walks with a group of co-workers, and healthcare benefits
Cons
Quiet and very cold temperature office space
A good place to start, but doesn't let you stay.
Environmental Analyst (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJanuary 6, 2015
I learned a lot at Dewberry in my field of work, and gave me the work experience I needed and involve myself in. It gave me the opportunity to work with a team, on an individual level, and on my own to develop ways to better myself and the way we worked. However, management seems a little sloppy. While I was expected to be temporary, the way it was handled was poor and was essentially laid off without being told so. While the main project was coming to a close; they told us to find other work within the office -- but no other projects were in line leaving many of us stranded.
Pros
Valuable experience andd connections.
Cons
Management is not proactive.
it is an okay place to work for an engineer
CAD technician (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 11, 2014
The most important thing to Dewberry is that you have an engineering degree
Pros
g
Cons
g
Great Place to work
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDOctober 24, 2014
Day of traveling from job to job. Management errors at times. Most co-worker were hard workers. I learned time management, How to lead a crew, operated different survey equipment
Pros
traveling
Good company to start and continue if you get on the management career
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 4, 2014
Great technical people and strong managers. No strong growth for technical people. Most of the fast grown in their career are those who management to move to the management track.
Pros
Good Benifets
Cons
Not that good for older technical people
Overall it is a fun place to work even though the compensation is not competitive compare to other organizations
Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 4, 2014
In this position I learn how to review contracts, PO, mod, etc. and jobs set up and to billing clients on a monthly basis. The hard part is to get project managers to submit their invoice proofs on a timely manner.