Dewey's Pizza Employee Reviews

An fun place to work, but not for long
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crestview Hills, KYMay 12, 2017
I had a pretty enjoyable experience as a Server Assistant at Dewey's Pizza. It was a fun, if fast paced job, and I got good experience in the food industry. But as an SA, I felt pretty underconpensated. Definitely wasn't making a sustainable wage. But it was good for high school.
Pros
Fun, Good Management
Cons
Poor compensation, fast-paved
Great company, great people to work with.
Server Assistant, Server and PRN Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILApril 5, 2017
Dewey's pizza has been the greatest part time job I could ask for while completing college. They work well with your outside life, and truly care about your successes.
Fast paced
Server (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMarch 23, 2017
Very fast paced which is to be expected in the serving industry. Fun coworkers and the management team is always looking out for your best interest. Learned how to up sale and multitask.
Best job for a high school or college student!
Server/ Manage Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 21, 2017
Dewey's thrives off of teamwork and fun atmosphere. The management does a great job of challenging it's employer's in a professional way and also making work a fun place to be. What I mean by that is they will sit you down every few months and discuss all of the things you are doing great at but also give you pointers on what you can improve on. They challenge you in a fun way but setting goals with incentives such as, if anyone sells desserts tonight they win a free bottle of wine. It's fun and it improves our salesmanship. The hardest part of the job for some people is getting used to the teamwork way of serving if they haven't worked in a restaurant that operates that way. I can assure people that everyone works together really well and helping each other out is the best way of service that I have ever experienced in my 5 years of serving.
Pros
Set schedule, flexability with school, teammwork service, and fun atmosphere
Fast-paced workplace with great management and quality employees.
Server (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 18, 2017
Dewey's Pizza is more than just your typical pizza restaurant. Behind the scenes, there lies fantastic managers who care about shaping and encouraging each employee to achieve their goals both inside and outside the workplace. Each shift is fun, interactive, and something new. Over the years I've acquired skills such as working as a team member, understanding and providing great customer service, and becoming an efficient multi-tasker. I've truly enjoyed being able to work in such a family-oriented atmosphere with people who have become great friends.
fun pizza joint
Server (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 11, 2017
You can watch them hand toss pizza through a huge window by the front door, its very entertaining for the kids. they glow with excitement and it was fun to watch their reactions.
Not bad overall
Kitchen Worker/Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 1, 2016
It's definitely not a bad job if you like working in fast paced environment. It can be stressful at times when people don't really know how to perform every task in the kitchen. Typical days are prepping food in the morning and then working the stations in the kitchens at night when it gets busier. It can be tough working with minors because they are just kind of there for the paycheck and don't care much about the work. Management was good, I went through a couple managers. Some were better than others. There is not really a hard part to the job if you learn each part well.
Pros
Free food whenever you worked a shift, If you work well and perform well you can advance in the company
Cons
You have to work weekends which is the downfall about the food industry in general
Deweys was a fun place to work
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kenwood, OHNovember 16, 2016
While working at Dewey's I receiver 50% off of my food I purchased from them which was amazing because I love pizza! I also received tips while working at Dewey's which was also great because I received it on top of hourly pay.
Dewey's Pizza is a great place to work for both full time and part time employees.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 6, 2016
Dewey's Pizza is a fantastic upscale pizza joint that is know for it's wonderful food as well as service. The people who work for Dewey's care about customer satisfaction and working as part of a team.
fun work place
Sever Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint ChalresMarch 29, 2016
I love working at Dewey's the people are great and the pay is good the management is good and we are always busy i just do not get enough hours but over all I love my job
Pros
fun people
Cons
not enough hours
Fun working environment with agreeable coworkers
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 23, 2016
The managers are very understanding and will work with you your whole time there to try and make you a better worker. The schedule isn't too flexible, and if you need off then you have to ask your coworkers, who might not want to take your shifts.
Pros
Free food to bring home after every shift!
Cons
Very fast paced working environment, if you can't keep up or have anxiety about that, you may have trouble
Fun environment in a busy atmosphere
Food Preparation and Display (Current Employee) –  Kenwood, OHFebruary 3, 2016
Dewey's is a fun environment in a busy atmosphere. Cooks will learn to prep food and how to work each stations throughout the store. Dewey's can be a great learning experience in the customer service field.
Pros
Free meals/ opportunity for advancements
Cons
Mostly Part Time
A great company to work for
DELIVERY DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, OHJanuary 9, 2016
I have learned a great deal from this company about values pertaining to how to manage and lead people. The job was a typical restaurant job that had its highs and lows. I quickly advanced to become a commissary manager within 3 years of hard work and dedication after a rough start with the company. I found it to be worth my time and investment.
Pros
Free food, half price meals, travel voucher after so long.
Cons
No paid time off.
Fast paced friendly environment
Server - Front of House (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhNovember 18, 2015
Dewey's "Team Service" concept was new to me but so far I really enjoy it. Everyone pulls their weight and holds themselves accountable.
Not just a pizza place
Server (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHMarch 21, 2015
ITs a family oriented company that allows to tkae pizza to the next level. Whether its the pizza or your service, you will be blown away by how pizza really should be understood as.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Every day is like hanging out with friends and playing.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville ILNovember 14, 2014
Great place to work if you dont mind the weird hours you have to work.
Fun, laid back environment
Server/Bartender/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Grandview, OHJune 15, 2014
I was part of the opening staff at the Dewey's Pizza location in Grandview in 2009. I thoroughly enjoyed working at Dewey's due to the relaxed environment and welcoming, neighborhood feel.
Pros
Healthcare for full-time employees (30 plus hours per week), paid vacationns
Cons
No breaks, micro-managing
Fun work culture
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakley, OHMarch 26, 2014
My day starts with opening the store and making sure that everything is properly set up to start the day. I then write out the prep list for the day and assign prep positions to the crew along with expectations and time goals. I fill out our stores checklist to hold myself accountable. I assist with prep and ensure that prep manuals are out and being followed.I ensure prep is completed within set time goals and assign positions within the kitchen for my employees. We make orders for our customers and ensure that cleaning and additional requirements are met. If it is an order day I go through and complete a product inventory and order product according to pars. I learned to set goals and how to run my kitchen efficiently while maintaining company standards and our company's culture . I also learned how to manage food cost and balance labor to meet each weeks, and months goal. My co workers are fun energetic people who enjoy the job that they do. My fellow managers are supportive and knowledgeable and as a team we accomplish our stores goals. The hardest part of my job is finding applicants that fit our specific needs. The most enjoyable part of my job is the fun, fast paced, team oriented approach along with the culture that we have created.
Pretty good place to work
Cook (Current Employee) –  newport, kyFebruary 28, 2014
Management is good, co-workers good, job is repetative but pays well and you get a free meal everyday.
Pros
free meal, pay
Cons
working weekends, not getting 40 hours
Upbeat work environment with great co-workers.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Newport, KYFebruary 11, 2014
Dewey's Pizza is a great place to work. Morning shifts comprise of prepping the food for the lunch and dinner rushes; while evening shifts are usually very busy making pizzas and salads. The management are very personable and actually care about the well being of the employees from the front and back of the house. The hardest part of the job is that it isn't exactly what I hoped to be doing with a bachelor's degree. I enjoy going coming into a laid back yet structured environment that is built to help all employees succeed within the work place as well as outside of it.
Pros
Reasonable hours, opportunities for advancement
Cons
Hourly wage, changing hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dewey's Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4