Dewey's Pizza Employee Reviews in United States

fun work place
Sever Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint ChalresMarch 29, 2016
I love working at Dewey's the people are great and the pay is good the management is good and we are always busy i just do not get enough hours but over all I love my job
Pros
fun people
Cons
not enough hours
Fun environment in a busy atmosphere
Food Preparation and Display (Current Employee) –  Kenwood, OHFebruary 3, 2016
Dewey's is a fun environment in a busy atmosphere. Cooks will learn to prep food and how to work each stations throughout the store. Dewey's can be a great learning experience in the customer service field.
Pros
Free meals/ opportunity for advancements
Cons
Mostly Part Time
Fun working environment with agreeable coworkers
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 23, 2016
The managers are very understanding and will work with you your whole time there to try and make you a better worker. The schedule isn't too flexible, and if you need off then you have to ask your coworkers, who might not want to take your shifts.
Pros
Free food to bring home after every shift!
Cons
Very fast paced working environment, if you can't keep up or have anxiety about that, you may have trouble
A great company to work for
DELIVERY DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, OHJanuary 9, 2016
I have learned a great deal from this company about values pertaining to how to manage and lead people. The job was a typical restaurant job that had its highs and lows. I quickly advanced to become a commissary manager within 3 years of hard work and dedication after a rough start with the company. I found it to be worth my time and investment.
Pros
Free food, half price meals, travel voucher after so long.
Cons
No paid time off.
Upbeat work environment with great co-workers.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Newport, KYFebruary 11, 2014
Dewey's Pizza is a great place to work. Morning shifts comprise of prepping the food for the lunch and dinner rushes; while evening shifts are usually very busy making pizzas and salads. The management are very personable and actually care about the well being of the employees from the front and back of the house. The hardest part of the job is that it isn't exactly what I hoped to be doing with a bachelor's degree. I enjoy going coming into a laid back yet structured environment that is built to help all employees succeed within the work place as well as outside of it.
Pros
reasonable hours, opportunities for advancement
Cons
hourly wage, changing hours
Fast paced friendly environment
Server - Front of House (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhNovember 18, 2015
Dewey's "Team Service" concept was new to me but so far I really enjoy it. Everyone pulls their weight and holds themselves accountable.
Rushed, Great Customer service,
Waitress/ Hostess (Former Employee) –  Cleveland Heights,OHMay 30, 2013
A typical work day colock in get straight to greeting seating customers, answering call orders, Busting tables, cleaning. What I learned that resturants are fast past and keep you on your toes but the experience is great for the fact of meeting new people. Management was ok the where swamped with so much work that they sometimes didnt tend to the employees problems like they should of for a healthy work enviroment. My fellow employees where great as far as other hostess and waiters, but the kitchen crew sometime over step their boundries. Hardest part trying to be as good as other employees that have the leg up on you. Most enjoyable part making the coustomers day with a smile a nd great food.
Cons
not enough organization
Fast paced, fun place to work with great employees.
Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis MissouriOctober 30, 2013
A typical day at work involves staff and food control. Making sure the restaurant is fully set up for business. Co-workers range in age from 25-40 and employees from 16-30. Welcoming work place where you can be who you are and let your personality shine. Not the best place to manage if you want a balance between work life and social life. You work a lot of nights and weekends.
Pros
weekly hours, free food, casual attire
Cons
nights and weekends, coming in on your day off, working some holidays.
Fun work culture
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakley, OHMarch 26, 2014
My day starts with opening the store and making sure that everything is properly set up to start the day. I then write out the prep list for the day and assign prep positions to the crew along with expectations and time goals. I fill out our stores checklist to hold myself accountable. I assist with prep and ensure that prep manuals are out and being followed.I ensure prep is completed within set time goals and assign positions within the kitchen for my employees. We make orders for our customers and ensure that cleaning and additional requirements are met. If it is an order day I go through and complete a product inventory and order product according to pars. I learned to set goals and how to run my kitchen efficiently while maintaining company standards and our company's culture . I also learned how to manage food cost and balance labor to meet each weeks, and months goal. My co workers are fun energetic people who enjoy the job that they do. My fellow managers are supportive and knowledgeable and as a team we accomplish our stores goals. The hardest part of my job is finding applicants that fit our specific needs. The most enjoyable part of my job is the fun, fast paced, team oriented approach along with the culture that we have created.
Pretty good place to work
Cook (Current Employee) –  newport, kyFebruary 28, 2014
Management is good, co-workers good, job is repetative but pays well and you get a free meal everyday.
Pros
free meal, pay
Cons
working weekends, not getting 40 hours
Not just a pizza place
Server (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHMarch 21, 2015
ITs a family oriented company that allows to tkae pizza to the next level. Whether its the pizza or your service, you will be blown away by how pizza really should be understood as.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Fun, laid back environment
Server/Bartender/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Grandview, OHJune 15, 2014
I was part of the opening staff at the Dewey's Pizza location in Grandview in 2009. I thoroughly enjoyed working at Dewey's due to the relaxed environment and welcoming, neighborhood feel.
Pros
healthcare for full-time employees (30 plus hours per week), paid vacationns
Cons
no breaks, micro-managing
Every day is like hanging out with friends and playing.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville ILNovember 14, 2014
Great place to work if you dont mind the weird hours you have to work.
Everybody is gets along, there awesome
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Newport, KYApril 4, 2013
Hard workers, everybody gets along. There pizza is really great and there salads are very good. I just do a lot of dishes, in the winter time its slow and summer time it is busy
No running short
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 3, 2013
Because they dont run short, often times I would receive calls to some in, no matter what my plans were. This included a night when I was hosting a party.

4.4