Dewey's Pizza

Dewey's Pizza Employee Reviews

Every day is like hanging out with friends and playing.
Cook (Current Employee), Edwardsville ILNovember 14, 2014
Great place to work if you dont mind the weird hours you have to work.
Fun, laid back environment
Server/Bartender/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Grandview, OHJune 15, 2014
Pros: healthcare for full-time employees (30 plus hours per week), paid vacationns
Cons: no breaks, micro-managing
I was part of the opening staff at the Dewey's Pizza location in Grandview in 2009. I thoroughly enjoyed working at Dewey's due to the relaxed environment and welcoming, neighborhood feel.
Fun work culture
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee), Oakley, OHMarch 26, 2014
My day starts with opening the store and making sure that everything is properly set up to start the day. I then write out the prep list for the day and assign prep positions to the crew along with expectations and time goals. I fill out our stores checklist to hold myself accountable. I assist with prep and ensure that prep manuals are out and being followed.I ensure prep is completed within set time goals and assign positions within the kitchen for my employees. We make orders for our customers and ensure that cleaning and additional requirements are met. If it is an order day I go through and – more... complete a product inventory and order product according to pars. I learned to set goals and how to run my kitchen efficiently while maintaining company standards and our company's culture . I also learned how to manage food cost and balance labor to meet each weeks, and months goal. My co workers are fun energetic people who enjoy the job that they do. My fellow managers are supportive and knowledgeable and as a team we accomplish our stores goals. The hardest part of my job is finding applicants that fit our specific needs. The most enjoyable part of my job is the fun, fast paced, team oriented approach along with the culture that we have created. – less
Pretty good place to work
Cook (Current Employee), newport, kyFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: free meal, pay
Cons: working weekends, not getting 40 hours
Management is good, co-workers good, job is repetative but pays well and you get a free meal everyday.
Upbeat work environment with great co-workers.
Cook (Current Employee), Newport, KYFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: reasonable hours, opportunities for advancement
Cons: hourly wage, changing hours
Dewey's Pizza is a great place to work. Morning shifts comprise of prepping the food for the lunch and dinner rushes; while evening shifts are usually very busy making pizzas and salads. The management are very personable and actually care about the well being of the employees from the front and back of the house. The hardest part of the job is that it isn't exactly what I hoped to be doing with a bachelor's degree. I enjoy going coming into a laid back yet structured environment that is built to help all employees succeed within the work place as well as outside of it.
Fast paced, fun place to work with great employees.
Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis MissouriOctober 30, 2013
Pros: weekly hours, free food, casual attire
Cons: nights and weekends, coming in on your day off, working some holidays.
A typical day at work involves staff and food control. Making sure the restaurant is fully set up for business. Co-workers range in age from 25-40 and employees from 16-30. Welcoming work place where you can be who you are and let your personality shine. Not the best place to manage if you want a balance between work life and social life. You work a lot of nights and weekends.
Rushed, Great Customer service,
Waitress/ Hostess (Former Employee), Cleveland Heights,OHMay 30, 2013
Cons: not enough organization
A typical work day colock in get straight to greeting seating customers, answering call orders, Busting tables, cleaning. What I learned that resturants are fast past and keep you on your toes but the experience is great for the fact of meeting new people. Management was ok the where swamped with so much work that they sometimes didnt tend to the employees problems like they should of for a healthy work enviroment. My fellow employees where great as far as other hostess and waiters, but the kitchen crew sometime over step their boundries. Hardest part trying to be as good as other employees that have the leg up on you. Most enjoyable part making the coustomers day with a smile a nd great food.
Everybody is gets along, there awesome
Dishwasher (Current Employee), Newport, KYApril 4, 2013
Hard workers, everybody gets along. There pizza is really great and there salads are very good. I just do a lot of dishes, in the winter time its slow and summer time it is busy
No running short
Manager (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 3, 2013
Because they dont run short, often times I would receive calls to some in, no matter what my plans were. This included a night when I was hosting a party.

About Dewey's Pizza

Dewey's Pizza is a full service, upscale casual, gourmet pizza concept with 20 locations located throughout the Midwest. We have – Read more

Dewey's Pizza Salaries