Dewolff, Boberg & Associates Employee Reviews in United States

An amazing opportunity for the right kind of person
Regional Vice President of Sales- Southwest Region (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 18, 2015
great place to work if you fit the mold & overall culture. you'll be surrounded by very intelligent & committed people who operate with the utmost in integrity.
Pros
generous compensation
Cons
poor work/life balance
Interesting work, always changing scenery.
Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 5, 2014
This position is for road warriors! If you are not afraid to travel every week, there is a lot of opportunity for advancement.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
100% travel
80+ work hours a week + travel + mediocre salary = DB&A results
Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 18, 2014
they have high turnover for a reason. Not because travel lifestyle is not for everyone, but because when you travel for DBA they own you and even tell you how long to sleep. So do not expect getting more than 4-5 hours of sleep a night on average. Do some research online about this type of management consultant company. They all have the same business principle and even the same "trademarked" methods. Descending on a company, pushing them to fill out multiple Excel sheets and when people start performing better out of fear of being fired or coincidence they claim success of DBA methodology.
Pros
frequent flyer miles, survival skills, learning how to lie with conviction
Cons
less than 2 vacation weeks a year to use miles and compromising your integrity
Heavy travel
Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 10, 2015
The work is very interesting and challenging. However, this job is only for serious Road Warriors. If you are not ready for 100% travel, then stay away.
Diverse and challenging work projects.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 29, 2013
Since I recently came to the company, I wanted to let everyone know my experience thus far has been great. From the orientation at home office to the teams at two projects, I have gained important knowledge and am learning our tools and methodology from their collective experiences. Also, it has been made very clear to me, both through individual communication and our recent annual meeting, that I am an important member of the DBA Family. I enjoy arriving at the project everyday to work with the various Staff members and Management that I am coaching and helping to grow. The teacher almost always learns as much as the student and that is certainly the case on the projects. The hardest part is indeed the travel and being away from home and family.
Pros
variety of projects and environments
Cons
100% travel and being away from family
Stressful environment
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 11, 2012
The "churn" in intense, Less than 1 out of 10 people who start the job last 6 months, Only 1 out of 20 are still employed at the end of the first year, There is no room for advancement
Pros
the integrity of the corporate leadership, open and honest communication is encouraged
Cons
limited vacations, (2 weeks only regardless of tenure), extremely stressful environment
Good company but it is hard work.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  USAJanuary 20, 2013
You need to be a road warrior, travel is required as a consultant. You spend a lot of time coaching managers when you are working with clients. The conversations can be hard at times, so be ready to handle conflict. The company is making changes, lots of them. I was a manager who wanted a change and has a love of coaching and a analytical mind, this is the perfect job for me.
Pros
travel, new enviornments, and lots of learning.
Cons
the work can be stressful at times and the hours can be long.
DeWolff Boberg - Review
Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 8, 2014
A day in the life entails meeting with your Supervisor and Manager clients to:
1. Assess and maintain manpower requirements for upcoming workflows
2. Create daily/weekly scheduling of work tasks by priority
3. Conduct short interval follow-up tours face-to-face with individual contributors
4. Evaluate performance metrics via the daily operating report to assess actual performance against site goals

Through this process I learned new ways to approach and process different clients through their own weaknesses in contending with the unique problems faced in their operations. I learned new ways to coach my clients across:
• Proactive Supervision
• Two-Way Communication
• Supportive Employee Involvement
• High Priority Employee Training
• Acceptance of Leadership Responsibility

The Management Team is exceptional, demanding ongoing mentoring and development- truly driving continuous improvement. The value of these standards is evident in the consultant ranks. I am proud to work with such a high quality of peer consultants.

The hardest part of the job is helping managers and supervisors to see the gap in performance in terms of cost. As clients begin to see the operation in terms of their performance metrics they come to seek out advice more and more aggressively. Being seen as a resource is the most rewarding part of the job.
Pros
exposure to managment operations across most u.s. industries
Cons
100% travel