Dex Media Employee Reviews

Worked for Supermedia
Field Sales, Media Consultant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 13, 2017
I worked for Supermedia who was acquired by Dex. I hope the new corporate structure better serves business owners then did Supermedia. This is the only company I have worked for that explicitly lied to clients and prospects about product features and benefits.

Encouraged to show how poorly local businesses looked when compared to competitors on local search engines; the Supermedia pitch 'guaranteed' them a first-page spot with Google. When challenged about metrics given to a client on a PPC program, I was told to disregard the feedback and stop pressing our engineers on where client-facing metrics came from.
Pros
Cons
Unethical Business Practices
Good pay - Terrible environment
Marketing Representative (Outside Sales) (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 5, 2016
Great pay and benefits if you are able to accomplish the sales numbers that corporate is looking for. Customer service and employee support is non-existent. Be prepared to deal with angry, disappointed customers on a daily basis. You can make a great sale, and corporate will say that they never received the necessary paperwork or something fell through the cracks. It is impossible to keep any promises you make to your customers.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Company with no future for employees.
Publishing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 19, 2016
DexMedia is not the company that holds future for their employees. They have pretty much eliminated most of the jobs in St Petersburg, FL and they will continue until there's nobody left.
All production work was moved to India and the employees were forced to transfer their knowledge base to Indian counterparts.
While the employee's positions were being eliminated, the executives were receiving promotions and raises.
Used to be good...
Telephone Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 9, 2016
Work life balance is great, co-workers and management were great. Executive level, not so much. Once the company filed yet another bankruptcy and the CEO sold his new investors on promises he hasn't been able to deliver on, the company started finding ways to implement charge-backs on commission and people have been leaving the company in masses. It's really a shame the amount of good help they just let fly out of the door without a care in the world.
Large corporate environment, positive attitude
Telephone Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 10, 2016
A typical day at work included prospecting new businesses in different territories and coming up with marketing solutions that would fit their various needs. Also worked with current customers accounts on a day to day basis whenever a need would arise.

The hardest part of the job was going through a consistent amount of employee turnaround and rearranging of divisions as a result.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with small and medium sized businesses and their owners to find out what kind of strategies we could put in place to further their business.
Great Place to work and make a ton of money
Senior Account Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 10, 2017
Dex Media has taught me so much about the digital landscape, how to acquire new business, and technology. Also the have introduced me to so many other great traits in a company like great/fun culture, company trips, making over 6 figures (hard to achieve though).
Nice environment, questionable long term sustainability
Campaign Manager (Former Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXJanuary 2, 2017
Good people, nice headquarters. But this company has gone though so many bankruptcies and management changes, one has to question it's long term survival. Still needs a business model that really works.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Lack of sustainable business model
Great Management and Work Life Balance
Senior System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lonetree, CODecember 13, 2016
I loved working with my Director at the time. He was one of the main reasons I stayed there as long as I did. He made sure that you were taken care of. Work was quality learned alot there.
Pros
My director
Cons
Company was focused on Print still - got in to late to the mobile side of things.
Work from Home, most jobs have gone to Virtual offices
Assignment Specialist/Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 19, 2016
Continued growth of the company has caused them to look for ways to cut cost and reduce duplication of efforts, several layoffs have been the result. Some outsourcing has taken place.
Pros
Good 401K, pretty good insurance
Cons
reduced vacation time, reduced personal time
Client Care / Customer Service
Client Care / Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bristol, TNSeptember 21, 2016
I love my job and the people within it. My Director and Management team honestly care and all of my co-workers helps each other without hesitation. In this area where jobs are being phased out, it matters when you truly feel like you make a difference and here I do.
Pros
Wonderful environment, laid back, adult atmosphere and good pay
Cons
Needs system enhancements systems, sales reps need more training or accountability for their mistakes.
They were a great company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  2200 Airfield Dr Dallas TexasFebruary 12, 2017
DexMedia was an excellent company to work for and would work for them again if allowed.

Dex Media (NASDAQ:DXM) is a full-service media company offering integrated marketing solutions that deliver measurable results
Pros
New Age
Cons
Short Breaks
Great work environment-great people
Voice Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PASeptember 9, 2016
Average day consisted of support for sales environments including call centers using VoIP systems.

Participating member of a Telecom and Network team of experts based in Dallas Texas, responsible for converting / updating legacy hardware and software systems nationwide to a VoIP platform. Provided reliable support for more than 175 offices and as many as 7000 users with a wide range of network products in sales and customer service environments.

Enjoyed working with a team to accomplish the day to day task in this challenging network of systems.
Pros
Great team and management support
Cons
Shrinking business model. In the process of changing to online Ad business
Dex Media
Inside Sales Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYSeptember 29, 2016
Amazing place to work, great vibes and outstanding leadership, however the lack of communication from the top down as well as from the Union was very poor. Company has decided to close out office effective at the end of the year. I have met some friends for life and enjoyed my time at Dex Media.
Pros
Lots of Comp time, always willing to teach
Cons
No job security.
Terrible management but good people
Digital Advertising Account Manager II (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 8, 2016
This company is going through many changes. They were a company that thrived off phone books and yellow pages and have struggled to adapt to the new internet era despite huge changes. Management is insane the employees are overworked and not trained properly. Changes are made every day and no one can keep up. The culture is actually good but it's not worth it due to the low pay and crazy clients and managers.
Fun but high-stress job
Digital Web Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXSeptember 1, 2016
Overall, the environment at Dex Media is exciting. We strive for growth and compete with one another in a healthy manner. New ideas are celebrated and working together is a necessity for quality results. That being said, the overall theme of the company is "sales team matters most", which can happen at any company but professionalism can get lost in this mix.

All-in-all, I enjoy that I am able to write content, and provide strong SEO for small business that need it. I appreciate the job and everything it has taught me about relationships, SEO, and copywriting.
Pros
fun environment, excellent incentives and benefits
good atmosphere and people to work with.
Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 15, 2016
work with business owners over the phone and sell yellow pages advertising and internet products. high pressure sales job with multiple deadlines throughout the year. taking a 20% cancel rate in the yellow pages on the advertising book of business.
Great culture, horrible company reputation
INSIDE SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 22, 2016
Dex is a great place to work if you want to love the people you work with, but management is flawed and the company reputation is horrendous. The customers aren't happy and Dex doesn't do much to fix it.
Pros
Company culture, work life balance
Cons
Hard to sell when the company reputation is a disaster
Controlled Chaos and Fun Environment
Digital Web Consultant (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXOctober 6, 2016
Dexmedia is a great place to work. All jobs are stressful and this on is no different. Leadership does a tremendous job at helping mitigate that stress by providing coaching and events for employees to drop stress levels.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Difficult to manage workloads
Good company to work for, but I am ready for a change.
DSS Analyst (Current Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXOctober 12, 2016
Company has been through many changes in the last few years, with a few mergers with other companies. Has the potential to be a good digital advertising company if the management is able to get it more stable with systems and data integrity.
Competitive, engaging workplace that promotes personal success
Advertising Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 3, 2016
This organization trains you for success, and models a business practice that no only promoted personal success but also small business success. Building relationships with clients and creatively solving solutions is what this organization was best at.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dex Media. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6