Dex Media Employee Reviews in United States

Great job but very stressful.
Senior Media Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 12, 2016
Been here for over 13 1/2 years...Held Manager and Sales Representative positions. Company is ok to work for. New management took over and change dynamic of the company. Not sure for good or bad. Now, it's only a job for me not a career. Hopefully that helps anybody looking at this company.
Pros
Pay good
Cons
Job security sucks
Dex Media overall is a good company for entry level candidates. Training is provided with opportunity create wealth.
Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 28, 2016
Typical day at work: meeting with established and potential clients to review marketing strategies

What I learned: I am still learning new sales techniques daily and different way to prepare for meetings.

Management: Management on the local level is great. They really take the time to work with you on needed areas.

Hardest part of job: I believe the hardest part of the job is prospecting for new clients. However, with an effective follow up system and proper time management skills new client goals can be achieved.

The most enjoyable part of the job is also the hardest: I am an outside cat, I enjoy not being in the office everyday.
Just Be Careful & Watch Your Back
Local Marketing Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTJune 21, 2016
I stated off working the little accountsomething, like $20 a month. Worked my way up from there. At the peak I was making $75k-ish.

I really did like working for them except for the regional sales Mgr. He was a duche canoe, BIG TIME.

In the end they started to not trust anyone. End of day meetings on top of morning meetings. Long hours, the company that bought them are not good to work for.

JUSE BE CAREFUL
Pros
Most of the people
Cons
Upper Management
proactive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 21, 2016
• Proposed central repository system plan with appropriate access to all teams
• Improved Exception report by eliminating zero calls with sales team
Pros
friendly, helpful and fun loving
Fun work place
Platinum Campaign Manager (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJune 15, 2016
Fun environment with a lot of youthful coworkers. Learned about SEM and SEO. Picked up ad optimizing techniques.Under paid though.
Do Not Work Here
HUB Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 8, 2016
The company just filed for bankruptcy for the 3rd time in 5 years. Trainers are horrible and you learn nothing until you are thrown to the wolves. It is all about #Numbers#, and that is all they care about. Constantly lying to clients about services making you look like an idiot. Do not teach you about other departments but require you to work closely with them. Dishonest managers, and fudge the truth in job interview. Company should be busted for fraudulent practices before long.
Pros
When you quit, you feel releif
Cons
Training, Management, Environment
A dying Company in a dying industry
Director of Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAJune 7, 2016
Dex Media was once a great organization, full of hope, success, and strong leaders who put their clients and their employees first. Then, the leadership team changed, we merged with a competitor, and the layoffs and outsourcing began. No matter how hard you work, how many hours you devote to your job, or how many sacrifices made as an employee, it is never good enough, or big enough. Very sad that all of the management that was in place and made our business thrive, was forced into retirement by the current regime.
Pros
there are none any more
Cons
Expected to work 70+ hour weeks, lousy benefits, reduced 401K match contributions, constantly changing focus or as we call it "the flavor of the week"
Old school Marketing
INSIDE SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 2, 2016
Not well know for a company of it size. Products are well priced They do that best to try and pull you in front new client with limit results.
Pros
hours
Cons
Products to market and knowledge of company
Challenging Business Enironment
Vice President and Assistant Treasurer (Former Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXMay 31, 2016
Business in state of transformation but opportunities to learn the new digital markplace exist.

Sales opportunities exist but are evolving.

Compay has filed bankrupcty but is expected to emerge soon.
Pros
Challenging Business Environment
Cons
Industry in Transformation
The most dishonest place I've ever worked at
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 26, 2016
My summary says it all. I believe managers are trained to be dishonest with employees and encourage the employees to be dishonest with customers to close the sales. Typical of a dying industry.
Pros
Excellent Google Ad Words Training
Cons
Highly dishonest work environment
Wonderful building beautiful setting great cafeteria
Platinum Campaign Manager II (Current Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXMay 21, 2016
Very busy and non stop from 7-4. Approximate 50 accounts to handle. From SEM to digital advertising. I have learned multiple things, multi tasking accounts.
Pros
location, wonderful facilities
Cons
constant changes, requirements of job changes from one day to the next.
Focus is strictly quantity, not quality, no growth in NC
Campaign Manager (Account Manager) (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMay 7, 2016
Managers try to keep employees happy, but that only goes so far when everything is always broken and work doesn't get completed on time or lacks heavily in quality. Constantly deal with unhappy customers because the structure of the company is broken with all the outsourcing.

Most of the sales reps are becoming less responsible for mistakes and their sale because they are pushed too hard to sell more. Too many problems with all digital programs. Massive problems with billing issues that still are not resolved. Way too much outsourcing.
Pros
Good benefits and your managers will always have your back.
Cons
Low pay for the expected work, billing problems, broken digital programs, IT issues, outsourcing, quantity not quality of finished products
DexMedia..Not what it used to be
Multi Media Advertising Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 20, 2016
Many years a great place to work, flexible sched, good income, great coworkers, happy clients. Not so much anymore as print is a dying industry and co has been behind the 8 ball playing catch up on the digital side. Dexhub supposed to be the future and it is not getting the traction we need as clients don't have hours of time to be trained on it. Converged 2 systems to 1 in Jan and has been an absolute nightmare of epic proportions.Management now cutting back comp and benefits. Filing bankruptcy for 3rd time in 6 years.
Pros
Flexible schedule, ok pay and benies
Cons
Just about everything else
Best Job
Publishing Analyst Book Close (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLApril 14, 2016
I love this job wouldn't want to leave it. The people here the management team they are amazing. Never have I said I love to get up and go to work but I do I love it. only down side is im a contractor and if its not in there budget to hire me on full time then I can be let go of services at any time. As much as I would love to be full time its not happening right now. anyways I love working here I don't want to move on but if I had to this place would be truly missed.
Cons
not being a full time employee
Self Motivating
Media Consultant (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNApril 5, 2016
This job is very flexible, great benefits. Working from home allows you to be able to work with clients at your convince.
yellow pages are dead
Sales Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMarch 18, 2016
you can work 10 hours a day, be a top producer for several years and then be threatened with your job daily if you have a bad month.
their pricing is similar to cable companies where they change stuff every year and make loyal customers pay for it. so, obviously you will be doing tons of cold calling and rejection handling.
if you have a conscience, keep looking.
Pros
pay was decent
Cons
culture is desperate
Needs better training technique
Campaign Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 14, 2016
They had MANY job aids for the what they wanted you to do. Never felt confident during the training process.
Co- workers are friendly and will step in to assist. Very professional coworkers that make an effort to assist their clients.
Pros
Great atmosphere, employee appreciation
Cons
Training
Enjoyed my time there.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 9, 2016
I had a very nice Manager there, I enjoyed the work. Only reason I left is because I moved to another state. Good pay, nice Management.
merger changed the culture
Solutions Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 8, 2016
I loved my jobs with this company for several years, then we merged with another company and everything changed. The culture, job pay and expectations, as well as the attitude of leadership. I no longer felt that doing the right thing for the customer was the focus, or genuinely supported.

While the listed values didn't change, the executed values did visibly. Integrity is not something I am willing to compromise for a job.
Pros
Competitive pay and benefits
Cons
Culture and value
Great coworkers, good pay, and excellent benefits
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 25, 2016
I learned a lot about digital marketing services including websites, SEO, SEM, Online listings management, Social Media and display banner ads. The most enjoyable part of job was meeting with customers and helping them to market their business. The hardest part of the job was inconsistent direction from management.

2.6