Dex Media Employee Reviews

You get what you put into it.
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 17, 2017
Work hard and you will be successful. Be willing to adapt to changes quickly and frequently. Self motivation is a must and a positive attitude is the key.
Great job culture
Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXMay 10, 2017
The job culture here was great. There were company softball games and events going on monthly. These people like to work hard and play hard, its awesome!
Limited opportunities
Analytics Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 8, 2017
Good experience as a web analyst intern.
• Worked on data analysis, reporting and strategy recommendations based on web site traffic and revenue using Google analytics & Adobe analytics.
• Created Dashboards for department leads to monitor, analyse and improvise the current traffic trends.
Company is working hard to adapt to changing times.
Media Consultant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHApril 30, 2017
I started in 2009 selling primarily yellow page advertising. This has quickly transformed into a full offering of yellow pages, SEM, SEO, custom websites, and more. It's much more difficult to keep the same market share, revenue and client count has been steadily decreasing, but the CEO and executive team works very hard to adapt and grow.
Pros
Work from home, good pay and benefits.
Cons
Decreasing client base, constantly working to offset loss and decrease.
Productive and fun place to work, especially during the holiday's
Graphic Associate (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COApril 26, 2017
Typically we would have a morning meeting, letting us know how much work we have for the day. Management would reward us with Ice cream, lunch, and gift cards for work well done! The culture was laid back creative individual's, down to earth, like family! The hardest part of the job was working overtime many hours mostly on Saturday's, which was not fun missing family time. The most enjoyable part of the job was my beautiful office over looking Cherry Creek resevoir, and working with such an awesome group of people. Management would always compliment my work, which felt good!
I really miss working at Dex, too bad my job got sent to the Philipines and I got laid off.
Benefits
Cons
Too much mandatory Overtime
Good job if you can produce
Digital Media Consultant (Outside Sales) (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 14, 2017
This is a good job for someone that enjoys outside sales. You can sell a multitude of products and sell them to many different verticles. The problem is the fulfillment and support. Way too many internal problems. Compensation changes all the time. Company does not seem to value employees.
Struggling products
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 12, 2017
Products are difficult to sell, rough cold calling door to door, high rejection rate and low closing ratio against a high quota
The digital products are average, average fulfillment, saas concept is good but not great - cancellations are common.
Pros
Good corporate benefits
Cons
Stressful quota
Fun and interesting job
Sales Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COApril 4, 2017
I really enjoyed work for this employer. The work was consistent. Primarily I performed data entry and contacted members of the sales team when there were discrepancies in the contracts.
Pros
Fun people with a common goal. We were awarded annual bonuses.
Cons
Our department closed when our work was outsourced.
N/a
Sale Operations Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Meadow, NYMarch 27, 2017
No longer with the company and I choose not to address anything concerning this company at this time. The company no longer reflects the place that I worked for 2 plus years ago.
very negative place to work
Digital Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 26, 2017
One of the worst companies in Omaha to work for. Unbelievably incompetent management and worst products. Burn and churn operation. Almost the entire staff changed in a years time. Please avoid all of the untruths they tell you when interviewing.
A Typical Day at Work
Outside, Advertising & Digital Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 15, 2017
working in outside sales, every day is unique. Always fun meeting new people. Dex offers great benefits and has a great work/life balance. They offer a variety of products for every budget.
Many opportunities to advance
Graphics Supplier Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMarch 14, 2017
Learned much about corporate work life in comparison to government work. Had many opportunities to advance, learning new concepts, acquiring new skills. Fun work envirnoment, opportunities to win additional income by performing at above standards and achieving high performance evaluations.
Pros
Great incentives
Flexible, laid back friendly environment
CASH COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 13, 2017
This was a very flexible laid back work place with friendly people who interacted with each other. Each department always open & willing to work with one another.
Great Company
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 12, 2017
The amount of advancement I have had in my short time at being at Dex has been invaluable to my career in Marketing. Leadership listens, and takes time for your concerns.
There are a ton of perks, travel, and friendships that I could never replace anywhere else.
I am loving every minute of my time here!
Pros
Incredible Cafe, Game Room, Morale, Room for advancement
Cons
I put in a lot of hours (but this really isn't a con to me)
Java Developer
Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 9, 2017
Over 8+ years of Professional experience in full SDLC development involving requirement analysis, design, development, testing, documentation, implementation & maintenance of application software in Web-based/Enterprise environment, Distributed n-tier architecture.
Struggling products
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 7, 2017
Yellow page companies are struggling to make it and so is this one.
From a sales perspective products are difficult to sell, very low closing ratio
The digital products are just average and fulfillment isn't good
Disjointed training and delivery of product
The software can be found on many different platforms and this one is average.
Sem Seo websites - not so interesting to sell and no loyalty - cancellation is common.
Pros
Good corporate benefits
Cons
Products not great
Dex Media allows you to be the best you want to be.
Premise Representative (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 6, 2017
Dex media has a portfolio of marketing products for small to medium size businesses. it is a challenging business but if you can sell, you will make a lot of money
Pros
independence
Cons
lots of competition
Activity = Success
Software Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 6, 2017
High Level Activity is a Typical Day at work. How to work with people to motivate , Train, and Lead is what I learned about management. The hardest part of the job is proving value with the declining print.
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping small business
Consistant upgrading of product offerings to clients
Local Consultative Sales & Marketing (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 5, 2017
Virtual office provides flexibility and requires a focused individual to do the job.

There is constant updating of products and systems to create a streamlined company that maximizes company profitability and customer satisfaction. A new level of service has been introduced that gives the customer a team of knowledgeable support people.
Pros
Virtual office
Cons
Work load
They were a great company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  2200 Airfield Dr Dallas TexasFebruary 12, 2017
DexMedia was an excellent company to work for and would work for them again if allowed.

Dex Media (NASDAQ:DXM) is a full-service media company offering integrated marketing solutions that deliver measurable results
Pros
New Age
Cons
Short Breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dex Media. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6