Dex One

Dex One Employer Reviews

very busy and stressful most days
Premier Sales and Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Casper, WYApril 6, 2014
Dex is a good paying job, but very stressful and busy most days. I had to be away from my family 10 months out of the year. I enjoyed meeting new people and learning new things. Learning the ins and outs of the job, I had to learn on my own as I had no direct management for the first 8 months.
Quiet work enviroment but great experience
Administrative Assistant/Office manager (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAApril 1, 2014
Pros: free lunches every friday
Cons: short term contract
I was given this opportunity knowing it would be for a month to help to set up this office by over seeing everything and making sure the set up was successful for the employees working there.
a typical day
Lead Generator (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSMarch 25, 2014
I was at Dex One a very short time before my entire department was let go. I would pull leads from all over the country, place them in a repository, and let the next team cold call them. I would be able to generate leads on 100 new businesses a day.

I loved my co-workers, we made each day fun. We would challenge our selves on who would have the first – more... lead, or who would have the most by the end of the day.

What I learned from this role was to effectively navigate on the internet in a more efficiently way. When time is a factor you learn how to step up your skills and focus on what matters. – less
Great opportunities
Telephone Sales Manager (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCMarch 4, 2014
Pros: great work locations, lots of incentive contests and opportunities to make the hard work pay off with fun stuff
Cons: changes in industry have forced much consolidation of sales groups, eliminating many mid-management jobs.
During my 16 years with this company I was afforded many opportunities for growth. Lots of on the job training was offered which allowed me to hone my skills as a sales person and later as a sales manager. Upper management is great and really cares about the people that work with and for them.
Merger
Senior Manager (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSDecember 30, 2013
Dex One provided me with a great 9 years. The employees were fantastic. The only issue was the job security. The company went through a merger with Super Media making the jobs not secure.
Great compensation tough sell
Major Account Executive (Current Employee), Beaverton, OROctober 24, 2013
Pros: google partner
Overall a good place to make great money and learn a great deal about how to sell.
Great place to work.
Order Analyst (Former Employee), Lone Tree, COSeptember 27, 2013
I worked for several years with this company in various job titles.
I had many excellent supervisors with open communication. A multigenerational, diverse environment that I enjoyed. I made many close lasting friendships with co-workers. We were like a big family and had fun and did some team building events which really made us a team. We worked well – more... together to meet out goals within the company.
I learned so much over the years, excellent communication skills, PC skills including Microsoft office programs. Ways to cope with challenges and changes.
I can't think of a particular hard part of the jobs I held. Occasionally changes in software were a challenge as well as particularly busy times with heavy workloads, but those occasions were few and it taught me to prioritize my work and work closely with my peers. – less
Sales Based Culture Without Strong Emphasis on Customer Care
Marketing Consultant/Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Lombard, ILAugust 24, 2013
Pros: great mileage reimbursement program
Cons: poor follow through with management and poor work/life balance
I enjoy working with customers and building lasting relationships. The nature of this job didn't place the customer first. I did learn a lot of information about advertising products and strategies as well as SEM and SEO. The hardest part of this job was dealing with the internal issues of the organization's structure and dealing with the high turn – more... over percentage of employees due to that. I had to pick up the pieces from where the last Marketing Consultant left off with a customer and earn their time and respect in order to secure their renewal for their advertising program with Dex One. I really enjoyed getting to meet all the local business owners and learning about their business, how they got started and building rapport with them. – less
College Job, not career
Premise Agent (Current Employee), Omaha, NEAugust 21, 2013
Pros: compensation, flexible schedule
Cons: management
Company would perform a lot better with more responsible management.
Productive Fun Workplace
Marketing Consultant (Current Employee), Lone Tree, COAugust 11, 2013
Pros: salary and opportunity
Great sales center with plenty of positive people and great managers. Awesome place for a career with plenty of growth opportunities.
Behind the times
Account Executive (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VAJuly 29, 2013
Trying to keep up with the times but coming aboard a little late in online marketing. Also very sketchy practices in dealing with clients.
Great People, Ok Products
Inside Sales Marketing Consultant (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 10, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: compensation
Company is going through a shift in the industry and how to sell more digital items. Co-workers are the best part of the job,
Sr. Manager, Labor Relations (Current Employee), Lone Tree, COJuly 1, 2013
Pros: flexible
Cons: merger has caused a lot of concerns
A recent merger of Dex One and Super Media as displaced a lot of employees in the Denver office. Operations are being moved to the Dallas, TX office. It is a great company to work for.
Typical telephone sales center
TELEPHONE MARKETING CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJune 30, 2013
Pros: we had an outstanding group of team managers who excelled in coaching skills.
Cons: daily reporting and ranking added some stress the job.
My typical day consisted of calling revenue customers to encourage them to renew or increase their annual advertising program. I also was required to do cold calling for non-revenue customers to sell them print or digital advertising for their business. The most enjoyable part of my job was talking to the customers and developing relationships with – more... them. – less
A great job for someone who is fresh out of college
Account Sales (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAMay 25, 2013
Pros: compensation and benefits
Cons: micro management, high turn over rate
Lots of emphasis on numbers, thus a lot of pressure. There is a lot of micro management.
Excellent training and benefits, poor management
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Lima, OHMay 23, 2013
This company has done their best to provide great training for its people. They offer great benefits, base salary, and commissions. They do a good job of providing their customers with cutting edge products.They are too top heavy and management makes the reps jos more difficult rather than helping make them successful. They overwork their employees – more... to the point that even those who excel usually leave within a short period of time. – less
Excellent training opportunity to learn the SEM & SEO industry.
Digital Marketing Consultant (Current Employee), Lone Tree, COMay 2, 2013
Excellent training opportunity to learn the SEM & SEO industry.
Company expects Marketing Reps to do more,as they keep laying people off
Premise Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Tucson, AZApril 30, 2013
Pros: they take care of you when you travel, decent benefits
Cons: work long hours and weekends, stressful. company filed bankruptcy in 2008 and 2012
Marketing reps work 12-13 hour days and compensation is pitiful in comparison to similar jobs. Annual income seems great, but they don't divulge that you will work 60 hours a week. Keeping clients is key in this position, and when products are not producing what company promises it's difficult to get somebody to help resolve issues. Management doesn't – more... support the sales team, try to manage with fear. Majority of income is based on commission, and they find ways of delaying commissions. The past year and a half the company started outsourcing thousands of jobs across the U.S., and continues to. Resulting in Marketing Reps doing double duty, as well as errors because of translation. This used to be a great company to work for, now there is no job security, and they have a high turnover. – less
Strong Personal Values
Editorial Search Specialist (Current Employee), Cary, NCApril 29, 2013
Pros: benefits, pay rates, continuing education
Cons: lack of job advancement
Dex advocates a great personal culture where employees are encouraged to strive to perform professionally and grow within their position. Individual and group accomplishments are rewarded, but the company lacks professional advancement.
Inside Sales is results based with no consideration for employeee morale or well-being.
Marketing and Advertising Consultant (Current Employee), Omaha, NEApril 25, 2013
Working in inside sales at Dex One can be rewarding if you have previous sales experience and aren't afraid to cold-call lots of new business leads. However the way the company has set up its inside sales centers limits the potential for employee growth and advancement.

Management is inconsistent and often times ill-equipped to actually address real – more... concerns from talented sales reps. The style of management and oversight is more akin to management in a retail store or fast food restaurant rather than a professional sales organization. – less

1 2 3