Dex One Employee Reviews

Graphic Designer
Dex Media Special Projects (Former Employee), Englewood, COApril 21, 2015
Pros: Interesting clients, a wide variety of business to advertise and terrific people to work with.
Cons: Position was offshored
Being a graphic designer at Dex Media was a great job. You never knew what type or client or business you would be working with.
The people I work with were the only reason why I have stayed this long.
Digital Marketing Consultant (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: time off, benefits
Cons: sr management
The company phylosophy has changed dramitically since being hired. I came here because I was told that advancement opportunities were abundant, which is a driving for for me as an employee.

Shortly after being hired here, the company changed their whole iniative and direction and that has changed once again since then.

I cannot sell a product that I don't believe in and that doesn't generate what you are telling the customer it will.
fast paced environment
Premise Sales and Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Casper, WYJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: great income
Cons: traveling 10 months out of the year
Get office set up by 9 am, would then make cold calls trying to find new business for 2 hours, then call current renewals for the next 2 hours, take lunch, go prospecting for new and go to scheduled appointments through out the day, and then last hour of day would close accounts.
It's like a high school party here
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Omaha, NEDecember 11, 2014
Pros: fun atmosphere
Cons: high pressure, unknown goals (constantly changing)
First off...if you can do sales and stay for 2 years..you can probably become a manager here. High turnover and young crowd. Very good company but the changing times make many of their services not as good as other companies (price-wise and tailored to specific business).

Most of the people who do well here focus on 1-3 industries and push hard on getting businesses to advertise and challenge them constantly when they say no.

I liked it here but the constant contests and "pushing" daily to make more sales by people less experienced in life often can get on your nerves...I suggest this as a college or high school job to see how marketing is done...they're easy to work for but not the best environment for everyone to excel in.
Great Company
Telephone Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSDecember 5, 2014
What makes Dex great is not just the pay but, the incentives, company benefits, continuous learning, morale and co-workers.
Print media is dead
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAOctober 20, 2014
Bad product and old union employees that dont understand how the rest of the world works.
Unionized sales force is a bust!
Digital Sales Executive (Former Employee), West Des Moines, IAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: pretty much everything else.
this position was a new position that was not thought out property. The company knew of the issues, but couldnt do anything due to Union contract.
Worst Place to Work !!
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJune 27, 2014
Cons: management are all throat cutting pirates, who would sell their own children for a dollar or a promotion.
This company is one of the biggest scams ever. They have scammed millions of dollars from unsuspecting small businesses over the years. They have been in Bankruptcy after Bankruptcy and are still losing a minimum of 400 customers per week. If you are not liked by the clique of managers then you get nowhere. You need to be a drinker and a partier as well as being ready to do other things. If you have any religious values this is not the place for you. They sell dreams and that's all. They literally have a program that is called "Guaranteed Actions Program" where they basically tell the customer they will guarantee results. Can you believe that? Anyway when the customer calls in to ask why he isn't receiving any calls from this guaranteed program, and you take him to this elaborate reporting system that shows his program is performing at over 300% to target, but the customer says over and over "I'm not getting any calls" and He's not.
This company should be forced to shut down by the government. It's a shame.
Management are Narcissists, Reviews are Fake from Current Employees
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSMay 5, 2014
Cons: narcissistic management, lies, micro micro micro management
This is the WORST company I have worked for in 30 years. Everyone is miserable. There is a huge clique there and they will love or hate you, tons of favoritism and you will be fired if they don't think you fit in even if you are a top producer, kind and mind your own business. It is an accounting job with a sales script. If you are proud to be a Narcissist please apply. A typical day is too many Chiefs giving you mixed messages and treating you disrespectfully. Management is narcissistic. They sell the Yellow Pages and get tons of cancels and if someone else's customer cancels they will give you the account and if you can't save it you must make up the revenue in new sales. Lots of heartless management people. Please do not apply if you are a decent person. Any job is better. I want better for you and you deserve it.
Great environment for people with and active lifestyle
Digital Marketing Consultant (Current Employee), Greenwood Village, COApril 9, 2014
Everyone has a active lifestyle and enjoys being in the outdoors from sports, hiking, skiing, etc.
very busy and stressful most days
Premier Sales and Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Casper, WYApril 6, 2014
Dex is a good paying job, but very stressful and busy most days. I had to be away from my family 10 months out of the year. I enjoyed meeting new people and learning new things. Learning the ins and outs of the job, I had to learn on my own as I had no direct management for the first 8 months.
Quiet work enviroment but great experience
Administrative Assistant/Office manager (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAApril 1, 2014
Pros: free lunches every friday
Cons: short term contract
I was given this opportunity knowing it would be for a month to help to set up this office by over seeing everything and making sure the set up was successful for the employees working there.
a typical day
Lead Generator (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSMarch 25, 2014
I was at Dex One a very short time before my entire department was let go. I would pull leads from all over the country, place them in a repository, and let the next team cold call them. I would be able to generate leads on 100 new businesses a day.

I loved my co-workers, we made each day fun. We would challenge our selves on who would have the first lead, or who would have the most by the end of the day.

What I learned from this role was to effectively navigate on the internet in a more efficiently way. When time is a factor you learn how to step up your skills and focus on what matters.
Great opportunities
Telephone Sales Manager (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCMarch 4, 2014
Pros: great work locations, lots of incentive contests and opportunities to make the hard work pay off with fun stuff
Cons: changes in industry have forced much consolidation of sales groups, eliminating many mid-management jobs.
During my 16 years with this company I was afforded many opportunities for growth. Lots of on the job training was offered which allowed me to hone my skills as a sales person and later as a sales manager. Upper management is great and really cares about the people that work with and for them.
Merger
Senior Manager (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSDecember 30, 2013
Dex One provided me with a great 9 years. The employees were fantastic. The only issue was the job security. The company went through a merger with Super Media making the jobs not secure.
Great compensation tough sell
Major Account Executive (Current Employee), Beaverton, OROctober 24, 2013
Pros: google partner
Overall a good place to make great money and learn a great deal about how to sell.
Great place to work.
Order Analyst (Former Employee), Lone Tree, COSeptember 27, 2013
I worked for several years with this company in various job titles.
I had many excellent supervisors with open communication. A multigenerational, diverse environment that I enjoyed. I made many close lasting friendships with co-workers. We were like a big family and had fun and did some team building events which really made us a team. We worked well together to meet out goals within the company.
I learned so much over the years, excellent communication skills, PC skills including Microsoft office programs. Ways to cope with challenges and changes.
I can't think of a particular hard part of the jobs I held. Occasionally changes in software were a challenge as well as particularly busy times with heavy workloads, but those occasions were few and it taught me to prioritize my work and work closely with my peers.
Sales Based Culture Without Strong Emphasis on Customer Care
Marketing Consultant/Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Lombard, ILAugust 24, 2013
Pros: great mileage reimbursement program
Cons: poor follow through with management and poor work/life balance
I enjoy working with customers and building lasting relationships. The nature of this job didn't place the customer first. I did learn a lot of information about advertising products and strategies as well as SEM and SEO. The hardest part of this job was dealing with the internal issues of the organization's structure and dealing with the high turn over percentage of employees due to that. I had to pick up the pieces from where the last Marketing Consultant left off with a customer and earn their time and respect in order to secure their renewal for their advertising program with Dex One. I really enjoyed getting to meet all the local business owners and learning about their business, how they got started and building rapport with them.
College Job, not career
Premise Agent (Current Employee), Omaha, NEAugust 21, 2013
Pros: compensation, flexible schedule
Cons: management
Company would perform a lot better with more responsible management.
Productive Fun Workplace
Marketing Consultant (Current Employee), Lone Tree, COAugust 11, 2013
Pros: salary and opportunity
Great sales center with plenty of positive people and great managers. Awesome place for a career with plenty of growth opportunities.