Dexcom Employee Reviews in United States

Dexcom is an amazing company with admirable core values
Inside Sales Representative II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 10, 2015
Life-saving product instills a sense of purpose in the work you do. The Customer Service department is unfortunately all about the numbers, however, when seeking personal/professional growth, management is helpful in your development. Promotes from within which makes it easy to advance your career. The most enjoyable part of my time at Dexcom was the amazing people I worked with.
Pros
Amazing product makes it easy to sell, unlimited overtime, great co-workers
Cons
All about the numbers, commission scale does not reward well
Good first Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 28, 2016
This is my first job out of college, and I've learned a lot about both myself, and working for a big corporation. this job will teach you what is expected of you while following strict guidelines from the company. The co-workers there are helpful and friendly and open to any questions you may have, you get hands on training operating multiple sales programs and get to know vital information regarding diabetes and insurance guidelines and qualifications.
Fast growing company in San Diego
Network and Applications Specialist (Call Center ) (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 1, 2016
I helped Patients and their family's sleep better at night by simply setting up their mobile glucose monitoring system.
Pros
Plenty of overtime, overtime, overtime
Cons
Not hiring nor promoting within hiring management who worked at a robotic call centers
Excellent company to work for, a very innovative company
Manager-product reliability and failure analysis (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 14, 2016
a very innovative company with excellent products. I learned a lot in reference to medical products and FDA requirements. working at Dexcom has been rewarding.
Massive QA work
Grunt (Former Employee) –  SomewherevilleJanuary 19, 2015
The people are nice and decent and the company is fair. You will advance quickly if you stay. The company is growing and I advise you to really understand your new role and what you want.

There really isn't much to the technical part and troubleshooting is minimal. You do what the paperwork states and that's about it. Highly repetitive. If your looking to advance your computer career this is not the place. Don't come in thinking you will get it. You won't, unless you move to IT and everybody wants that job.

Everything is QA related. EVERYTHING. The FDA paperwork is suffocating and they will micro-manage everything you do. If you like QA this is the place for you. If you don't, stay far away. I'm glad I left and I'm happy in my new role.

Don't get me wrong. Dexcom is a good company and the people are decent, it just wasn't right for me. It may be for you.
Pros
food, coffee.
Cons
dress code, micro management, endless paperwork.
Fast growing, well organized company with brilliant minds.
TERRITORY BUSINESS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 13, 2015
I loved working at DexCom, Their CGM is an unbelievable product and has saved many lives. If you look at the stock growth over the years clearly the public sees a future with this company. The management was easy to work for, everyone was driven and very type A so there weren't any issues with someone not doing their part. We were all so excited about the product and the growth that we were happy to be a part of it. Management was so encouraging and positive you wanted to do your best. My typical day was the same as most sales reps, I called on doctors, a few of the progressive doctors had heard about Dexcom and they were interested and excited. Most doctors had no idea what Dexcom was. I also taught Diabetes classes, started new patients on their Dexcom and provided education to health care providers. Both management and my co-workers were great, no complaints. The hardest part of the job was the same challenge most people have. We need more hours in the day. Which also leads me to my most enjoyable part of the job. I needed more hours in the day because I had the great product in my bag that was saving lives and doctors needed to know about it now! They needed to understand it and prescribe it for every type 1 patient out there. I would hear stories of specific patient's lives that were saved by using their Dexcom, that was definitely the most enjoyable part of my job. These stories also motivated me to make sure I could get to my doctors as quickly as possibly and help them to understand how life changing this product is. And they only have more to come in the future.
Pros
Exciting, new, great management, great people
Cons
insurance companies often lag behind new technology
Young company, great for first job
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 13, 2015
In my 3 years at Dexcom, the company underwent major expansion. The growing pains require employees to be flexible and open to constant change. My daily tasks included outbound calls to outside sales representatives, current and potential patients, doctor's offices, insurance companies and partnering distributors; educating patients on the product and process of obtaining it; gathering all necessary documentation required by insurance companies from the doctor's offices; obtaining authorization (if necessary) from insurance companies while maintaining guidelines; confirming orders with patients and ensuring successful delivery. On a management level, I felt that my coworkers and I could have been more successful with less involvement from supervisory teams. This was a struggle for all inside sales representatives collectively. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that the product I was selling would be saving the lives of many diabetics across the country, and at the very least, giving them the freedom and peace of mind to live a "normal" life. I also enjoyed my co-workers as many of us were recent college graduates early in our careers. Working at Dexcom taught me numerous sales skills that I am confident and eager to use moving forward.
Consulting at Dexcom
Consultant, Contract & Reimbursement Operations (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 17, 2015
I was on call to provide guidence and leadership to a team that was new to Managed Care rebating. Dexcom provided a great working environment.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 9, 2014
A typical day at dexcom is basically like any other job you would go to, for example a clean room environment. Get suited up, check to see the progress of the group that work on your station, and carry on from then. In this type of work environment its plain and simple that you'll learn how to do things properly, fast and efficient. To me co-workers are just like me, come to work and only strive to do a better job. Some co-workers may be a handful but what can you do. Just focus on your job. Hardest part of the job would be nothing, because i've done more than this company. What i enjoy about the job is the consistency of work being finish. I like to see products being pushed through the assembly line without the thought of doing something wrong, and that pretty much is what i enjoy. Basically to get things done.
Pros
1 hour lunch break
Cons
some people are not consistant with there time/schedules
Nice place to work
Network Applications Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 31, 2015
I enjoyed working there immensely. I particularly appreciated their flexibility towards available schedules. I'm sorry it didn't work out.
Pros
Self service vending room
great place
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  san diego,californiaApril 6, 2015
awesome product! great place!
we all care about our patients who come to rely on us!

A typical day is a good amount of phone calls helping peoploe understand the use of their diabetic supplies all done with a smile in your voice
Pros
potlucks
Cons
nasty managers
paid well, people getting fired left and right
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  San DiegoOctober 6, 2014
Worked 50+ hours every week while other employees doing the same job only had to work 40 because the workload was so unevenly distributed. Some of the customer ops managers were unwilling or unable to help due to inexperience or laziness. Large organization, lots of cool people to work with. Hardest part of the job were the nearly unattainable sales goals and the soul-crushingly long work hours.
Pros
paid well
Cons
poor organizational structure
i like the people that work there nice place
Operator (Former Employee) –  san diegoApril 3, 2013
the job is really organized ...but the management is being strict and its not worth the pay
Pros
free lunch if the goal is reached
Cons
low pay
Wouldn't Apply to Dexcom
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San DiegoJune 19, 2012
Ok place to work but the management is horrible. They always say everything is "a work in progress" when you ask them about anything. DO NOT APPLY HERE. Waste of time.
Pros
close pt communication
Cons
management
Heavy Data Entry in preparation for FDA audit
QA Data Entry (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 4, 2014
Logged into Oracle and eSubmitter and processed customer complaints. Worked with the QA department and inputted data, printed medwatch forms and filed documents in the correct order. I learned to manage my time and get things done in a timely matter. The hardest part of my job was working 11 hour shifts, going home and immediately going to bed 6 days a week. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the experience and working with great co-workers.
Pros
free lunch 2 times a week
Cons
11 hour shifts and mandatory saturdays
Exceeded Expectation
Lead Operator II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 8, 2013
Exceeded the company expectation for task. reliability,initiative,and open minded and willing to learn new task. provide feedback to Engineers,supervisor and manager. Share idea and provide feedback for process improvement.
a very secure environment as well as fun in regards to working in this company.
Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 4, 2013
At first i thought that i would not like this place. But once you get to know the people around you and your supervisor, you'll realized how secure you are and find the meaning of "working as a team".
nice clean place
Operator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 2, 2012
its always busy but during breaks with cool people to hang around. it is always clean and a nice environment but no parking spaces if you were to leave..
Pros
cool people
Cons
short breaks