Dexcom Employee Reviews

Over all a really good company to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 27, 2017
A typical day at Dexcom consists of a fast paced environment - a bit stress full at times but being that we are helping people living with an incurable disease makes all the worth while - there are spiffs to hit and quotas to meet, Great compensation and perks - management is great too - i would love to stay with the company but I am relocating to LA.
Pros
Growth opportunities - amazing culture - friendly management - great pay
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 6, 2017
Already completed a review and I have to say this company is a decent company to work for. You get a decent pay for a stressful amount of work but hey any job you choose has its ups and its downs. There is no reason to not consider this company.
Growing growing company
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 6, 2017
They sell a great product!!!! Stand behind it. Certain managers need to get trained they need basic people skills and how to talk to fellow employees. Very diverse culture as far as staff. You can work long hours and feel very fatigued. Enjoyable part is hearing how the product has impacted a patients life and changed someone life.
Pros
Good pay, good friendly people to work with. sell a great product
Cons
no parking, traffic sucksin that area, feels like college campus
Needs better management
Will not release (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 15, 2016
Rude management. No room for advancement. Very minimal work life balance. Micro Management. Poorly compensated for the amount of work that is expected to do, very poor. What the company does for their patients is great but what the company does for the employees is awful and it starts with management. Management needs training on how to treat their employees. There is a lot of favoritism and sometimes racism. If you want to move up in this company you better know someone on higher upper management or know how to brown nose . Various have very minimal management experience and it looks like they are just putting this company together as they go. They do not know how to Value their employees all they care about is sell sell sell
The way can never admit they need their employees.
The salary that they have listed is a lie, that's only for the main positions.
Pros
help people with diabetes
Cons
Not enough salary for work quantity
Productive and fun place to work
Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 16, 2016
This is a very dynamic and fun atmosphere to work in as they company is experiencing double digit growth! They have a dedicated and professional team of people who seem to really care about the product they make and the patients who benefit from it.
They offer a lot of opportunities and is a fast growing company
Quality Assurance Inspector II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 6, 2016
I have been working at Dexcom for almost two years now. Dexcom has opened doors for opportunities for employees with little or no experience. Training was on point. Great activities for employees. Compensation and benefits are exceptional. Fun workplace. People are friendly. Leaders are very approachable and they listen to employees' voices.
Fun workplace with ping pong table
Patient Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  NY, MA, RIAugust 28, 2016
Great product, training is okay. You learn more on the job (as with most jobs). Goals are very high and depending on which territory you get and how that territory works will be heavily dependent on your pay.
Pros
Great product, free lunch end of every month
Cons
High goals, not realistically based
Great opportunity always a fun day at work
Operator 1 (Current Employee) –  Mira Mesa, CAJuly 30, 2016
good company continuously on the move but exciting. always a fun day at work, just be on time and ready to work. I was an Operator1 loved it.
Pros
steady work
Cons
early hours
Poor Management
Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  San deigo CAJuly 13, 2016

Would not recommend
Friendly
OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Mira Mesa, CAJune 3, 2016
You grow with company, Its a really fast paced environment and the people there are friendly but the expectations for you to catch up with the rest are too high.
Pros
Self checkout for buying food
Cons
Breaks are not long enough

Want to know more about Dexcom?

Ask a question
Good first Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 28, 2016
This is my first job out of college, and I've learned a lot about both myself, and working for a big corporation. this job will teach you what is expected of you while following strict guidelines from the company. The co-workers there are helpful and friendly and open to any questions you may have, you get hands on training operating multiple sales programs and get to know vital information regarding diabetes and insurance guidelines and qualifications.
Fast growing company in San Diego
Network and Applications Specialist (Call Center ) (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 1, 2016
I helped Patients and their family's sleep better at night by simply setting up their mobile glucose monitoring system.
Pros
Plenty of overtime, overtime, overtime
Cons
Not hiring nor promoting within hiring management who worked at a robotic call centers
Excellent company to work for, a very innovative company
Manager-product reliability and failure analysis (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 14, 2016
a very innovative company with excellent products. I learned a lot in reference to medical products and FDA requirements. working at Dexcom has been rewarding.
Fast growing, well organized company with brilliant minds.
TERRITORY BUSINESS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 13, 2015
I loved working at DexCom, Their CGM is an unbelievable product and has saved many lives. If you look at the stock growth over the years clearly the public sees a future with this company. The management was easy to work for, everyone was driven and very type A so there weren't any issues with someone not doing their part. We were all so excited about the product and the growth that we were happy to be a part of it. Management was so encouraging and positive you wanted to do your best. My typical day was the same as most sales reps, I called on doctors, a few of the progressive doctors had heard about Dexcom and they were interested and excited. Most doctors had no idea what Dexcom was. I also taught Diabetes classes, started new patients on their Dexcom and provided education to health care providers. Both management and my co-workers were great, no complaints. The hardest part of the job was the same challenge most people have. We need more hours in the day. Which also leads me to my most enjoyable part of the job. I needed more hours in the day because I had the great product in my bag that was saving lives and doctors needed to know about it now! They needed to understand it and prescribe it for every type 1 patient out there. I would hear stories of specific patient's lives that were saved by using their Dexcom, that was definitely the most enjoyable part of my job. These stories also motivated me to make sure I could get to my doctors as quickly as possibly and help them to understand how life changing this product is. And they only have more to come in the future.
Pros
Exciting, new, great management, great people
Cons
insurance companies often lag behind new technology
Dexcom is an amazing company with admirable core values
Inside Sales Representative II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 10, 2015
Life-saving product instills a sense of purpose in the work you do. The Customer Service department is unfortunately all about the numbers, however, when seeking personal/professional growth, management is helpful in your development. Promotes from within which makes it easy to advance your career. The most enjoyable part of my time at Dexcom was the amazing people I worked with.
Pros
Amazing product makes it easy to sell, unlimited overtime, great co-workers
Cons
All about the numbers, commission scale does not reward well
Consulting at Dexcom
Consultant, Contract & Reimbursement Operations (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 17, 2015
I was on call to provide guidence and leadership to a team that was new to Managed Care rebating. Dexcom provided a great working environment.
great place
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  san diego,californiaApril 6, 2015
awesome product! great place!
we all care about our patients who come to rely on us!

A typical day is a good amount of phone calls helping peoploe understand the use of their diabetic supplies all done with a smile in your voice
Pros
potlucks
Cons
nasty managers
Nice place to work
Network Applications Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 31, 2015
I enjoyed working there immensely. I particularly appreciated their flexibility towards available schedules. I'm sorry it didn't work out.
Pros
Self service vending room
Massive QA work
Grunt (Former Employee) –  SomewherevilleJanuary 19, 2015
The people are nice and decent and the company is fair. You will advance quickly if you stay. The company is growing and I advise you to really understand your new role and what you want.

There really isn't much to the technical part and troubleshooting is minimal. You do what the paperwork states and that's about it. Highly repetitive. If your looking to advance your computer career this is not the place. Don't come in thinking you will get it. You won't, unless you move to IT and everybody wants that job.

Everything is QA related. EVERYTHING. The FDA paperwork is suffocating and they will micro-manage everything you do. If you like QA this is the place for you. If you don't, stay far away. I'm glad I left and I'm happy in my new role.

Don't get me wrong. Dexcom is a good company and the people are decent, it just wasn't right for me. It may be for you.
Pros
Food, coffee.
Cons
Dress code, micro management, endless paperwork.
Young company, great for first job
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 13, 2015
In my 3 years at Dexcom, the company underwent major expansion. The growing pains require employees to be flexible and open to constant change. My daily tasks included outbound calls to outside sales representatives, current and potential patients, doctor's offices, insurance companies and partnering distributors; educating patients on the product and process of obtaining it; gathering all necessary documentation required by insurance companies from the doctor's offices; obtaining authorization (if necessary) from insurance companies while maintaining guidelines; confirming orders with patients and ensuring successful delivery. On a management level, I felt that my coworkers and I could have been more successful with less involvement from supervisory teams. This was a struggle for all inside sales representatives collectively. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that the product I was selling would be saving the lives of many diabetics across the country, and at the very least, giving them the freedom and peace of mind to live a "normal" life. I also enjoyed my co-workers as many of us were recent college graduates early in our careers. Working at Dexcom taught me numerous sales skills that I am confident and eager to use moving forward.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dexcom. Our community is ready to answer.

Dexcom Reviews by Location