Dexter Community Schools Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Productive fun workplace with Staff and Children
Child Care Assistant / Brochure Designer (Current Employee) –  Dexter, MIJanuary 27, 2015
I have worked for Dexter Community Schools for five years. I have learned a great deal about my self and I have learned a great deal about working with all different types of people.
My typical day as a Child Care Assistant consists of checking in the children after school as well as the care, management, creative challenges, parent interaction, and fun filled activities to engage children that I look after. My day as a Brochure designer consists of the designing and creating of an informative material, that is distributed throughout the community.
I would say the hardest part of the job is watching the children you come to care for move on. Though your happy that they are advancing in their lives, you can't help but miss their fun filled childish wonder and thought processes. Whereas the Brochure making, becomes hard due to the fact that you always want to over prefect the work that you're creating, and making it the best it can possible be.
With Child Care the best part is the impact you make on another human beings life, by inspiring them to be more confident, out of the box, and independent their by giving them tools that will last and help them throughout their lives. With Brochures and Design, it's seeing your work displayed around and thinking, "I made that" "I was a part of something that impacts others". It's an affirmation that the work you're doing and perfecting is being recognized and benefitting others.
Nice place to work
Para Educator (Current Employee) –  Dexter, MIJanuary 13, 2015
I grow as an educator each day with new challenges and experiences. The staff is friendly and the students are great. There is opportunity for personal development. I work with several students so my day is broken up and this adds a lot of variety to the job.
loved my job working for the schools, I like working with kids
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee) –  Dexter, MIApril 21, 2014
When I first started out I did Lunch aid, sub in library, sub in office, did chapter 1 which was to help kids with reading and math (etc.) and I also helped in classrooms when teachers needed help.
Then I started working in the Food Service and I prepared meals, ordered food, clean dishes and ran a cash register at lunch.
Pros
did not have any
Cons
i loved working with kids and the teachers
It was great to work with students and staff at Dexter Schools.
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dexter, MIAugust 21, 2012
I prepared and cooked and served the lunch meal for students
and staff and Dexter Community Schools.
Fantastic learning environment
Spanish I teacher (Former Employee) –  Dexter, MIJuly 18, 2012
Mill Creek Middle School was a wonderful place to teach. The administrative and instructional staff were warm, welcoming, collaborative and professional. I felt that the honor of the profession of teaching was upheld at every turn by using clear communication, hard work, self-reflection, collaborative planning and true care for each student.
Pros
excellent support, wonderful students.
Cons
lowest wage for long-term subs in washtenaw county.