DexYP Employee Reviews

Good money and benefits and steady work. Nothing else to recommend it.
Directory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GANovember 15, 2017
I liked what I did every day, but over time, management cared less and less about us rank and file employees. Work was outsourced overseas, the workflow became more complicated. We were just drones, eventually. They cut at least 100 jobs in the last year and a half.
Pros
The benefits and what they paid us.
Cons
Uncaring management, jobs being cut at least twice a year. Lack of respect for non-management employees, and their feedback.
Okay
Writer (contract) (Former Employee) –  RemoteNovember 15, 2017
Okay to work at doing freelance work for a while, but then later problems with the company included bankruptcy and lawsuits. I never had issues getting paid but it makes me wary for the future.
Job From Hades
Jr. Salesforce Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 14, 2017
Nothing positive to say. Worked here far longer than I should have. Very corrupt organization and leadership. It was disheartening to see what people will do to save their jobs - at the expense of their customer base.

Do yourself a favor and keep moving.
Pros
It was a job.
Cons
Everything else.
Yellow Pages
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLNovember 12, 2017
Dex is an advertising company both in print and on line. They help increase your business revenue by advertising your services. It is an incredible company to work for.
Pros
location
Cons
sales
great company
Media Account Manager- Executive (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYNovember 12, 2017
they need more people in the main office to handle all the business so that the sales can sell the systems is not good. billing is terrible because the systems do not communicate errors all the time in billing. then sales has to handle all the mess and paper work then you spend more time fixing then selling.
Run, Get out
Digital Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2017
Nice an environment conducive to life. I am over 100% yo plan, and dislike the atmosphere. They do not care about employees, nor Clients only and worship the almighty $$.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Everything Else
Getting laid off
Integrated Media Producer (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CANovember 2, 2017
After 5 years, I'm getting laid off due to the merger of Dex and YP. The people here have been great, good managers and benefits but the work/life balance was way more work than life and the training here has always been awful.
Pros
Snacks galore
Cons
Poor Training
Pretty Cool Place
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 1, 2017
The headquarters of DexYP are awesome. The culture is forward thinking and relaxed. I was adopted from YP so we are still transitioning into the new culture and products.

I will say it's probably a much different company to work for if you don't have YP roots. I mean that in a good way. We are still under our old managers and it's hard for them to transition into a new model. But it's all good.
New merged company
Business Advisor - Thryv (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 31, 2017
DexYP is a newly merged company. It hasn't been long enough to really tell how fairly we will be treated. So far there have been a lot of errors but they have been fixed.
Great culture - fun work place
Solution Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 30, 2017
The company was very good about providing training and tools needed to complete job successfully. The workplace culture overall was good. My department was a little more cut throat as KPI's were a huge factor in how team was reviewed.
Pros
Beer and Wine Friday social events. lots of fundraising events, great pay and benefits
Cons
Stressful, Job security
Relaxed atmosphere
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 26, 2017
Dex YP is a Great place to work with a great management team and a positive supportive culture. So many features offered at the DFW location like a cafe, game room and convention center.
no job security
Publishing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 26, 2017
Work has been shipped offshore to be done. Typical day was processing accounts for various customers/sales. Management and workplace culture did not encourage productivity.
Great
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 24, 2017
Great place to work. I would definitely go back to Dex One and work again. Interested in pursueing opportunities here in New Jersey market. great management
fun place to work
Major Account Manager/MAR (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 17, 2017
great, fun stressful but you can make a lot of money here, but you must work hard, that is all I have to say, this is a selling position you must sell
Pros
fun
Cons
hard
Customer Service Supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAOctober 16, 2017
I loved working for this company, there were great people, and benefits. You were rewarded fairly, and the morale of the office was good. My managers throughout my career were great. A typical workday was busy due to the type of job I had, the hardest part of my job was coaching difficult employees, and the most rewarding was being able to help small businesses.
Dexyp
Associate Director, Integrated Media Producers (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 13, 2017
Worked with YP before it was acquired by Dex. Now part of the DexYP transition. Too soon to tell what the Dex culture is like, but work/life balance seems to be valued. That's a plus.
Awesome Team inviorment
Digital Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cathedral City, CAOctober 11, 2017
This Company has new innovative technology for business that no one else has they are looking outside the box, and they have more products coming out every year. Very happy here
Pros
Great pay and managment
Cons
Sales is Sales you need to be on and organized
Challenging work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 10, 2017
As legacy yellowpage print companies define what they want to be, while trying to transform into digital advertising is very challenging.
Always on the verge of success, but never quite getting there
Used to be good- not anymore
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 9, 2017
All the revenue is tied up in yellow pages and the company files for BK/rebrands itself every few years....all while revenues sunk more and more. They try to force clients to move to internet but the difference is, they used to have a controlled monopoly in yellow pages. The internet is the wild wild west. Any h.s. dropout with a nerd's brain can do the things that this company tries to peddle to its clients. Have I said enough?
Pros
Good people
Cons
company future/stability, products
Needs to learn how to treat their employees
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAOctober 7, 2017
Horrible atmosphere. They need to learn how to manage their employees along with how to treat their employees as people and respect. The culture is horrible and the employees are on pins and needles at all times wondering if they will get laid off at the end of the day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DexYP. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7