DFA Employee Reviews

Biased and shows favoritism
Packaging Lead (Former Employee) –  PortalJanuary 31, 2017
If you're smart and self sufficient you'll move quickly through the company. As long as you can brown nose. Not very understanding about life situations their point system is extremely flawed
Good Coworkers
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAAugust 6, 2015
Typical workday was fast pasted to keep the line running. Great coworkers always there to give you a hand. I enjoyed this job because the management always to you how good of a job you were doing and appreciated the work that you did.
not good
line operator (Current Employee) –  Rochester mnMay 30, 2015
Work six days a week and sometimes required to pull 12 hours a day. Then they lay you off in the fall. no one cares about employees.
benefits
Cons
working 6 days a week=no life
No International Business Knowledge at ALL
Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Corporate OfficeMay 14, 2015
I've never known a company that allows a third party customer to come in and consult on their own business. It was a disaster and they still haven't fixed the mess they created. I wouldn't suggest working in the Export department. They have lost some good employees in that department, their dropping like flies.
Pros
Co Workers
Cons
Too many to list
Fast Paced
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMMay 4, 2015
On a typical day we would send 100 loads of milk or more to the cheese plant. I learned that a person with this position needs to be organized and ready to work. The hardest part of the job then was having the same techniques to get the tanker drivers in and out in a timely matter. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the drivers and their routine.
Company has absolutely zero corporate direction in terms of international business.They continue to fail at every level.
Sales (Current Employee) –  CorporateMarch 26, 2015
As a sales person our consumers many times refuse to do business with us, as they feel we are more and more incompetent daily.
The lack of knowledge of that entire management group is disturbing. As a cooperative the people we work for should be very concerned.
We as an organization just cannot get it together.
We have zero business exporting since we do not have the knowledge or background more so the skilled staff to support the huge export market.
Pros
I feel there are none
Cons
We are awarded zero commissions on a single sale
job security is pretty good
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Schulenburg, TXFebruary 2, 2015
some good people to work with the job security is good but the pay is not equal.you can learn a lots of other skills working for this company as a maintenance worker
A very stable and rewarding job.
Office Manger (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARDecember 30, 2014
A typical day at work, excellent customer service, providing the fastest service to the customers and making sure everyone leaves happy, and if that meant going beyond our normal routine then it was done.

I learned many things over my 28 years of employment with the State, you have to have patience, good attitude, and a caring personality and a winning smile.

Management was 100% behind you and would go out of their way to help.

My co-workers were wonderful, I had a very good crew we had good times and bad but we all worked as a team and accomplished our goals.

Dealing with upset customers, I don't like it when customers are upset, like I said earlier my goal is to help every customer leave happy.

Pleasing customers and co-workers.
Benefits
Cons
Working short handed
Great place to work and very hard work
Helper (Former Employee) –  Warrior, ALAugust 27, 2014
We always cut up and had fun but we also got a lot done in a timely manner. Everything about this job was great besides the distance I had to travel to work.