DFCU Financial

DFCU Financial United States Employee Reviews

Working with members that have different objectives
MRR Cash/ Teller (Former Employee), ann arbor miDecember 11, 2014
Pros: paid lunch.
Cons: management that support your growth
Typical day consist of getting your cash drawer and open for business. It is a lot of on the job training. We work together to make sure we meet deadlines with sales. Friendly environment. At times management don't express how they feel about their employees.
Good coworkers
Cash Operation Specialist (Current Employee), MichiganAugust 9, 2014
Pros: helping others
This company makes you feel like an individual. The managers have an open door policy and try to help you exceed your goals. The company provides training for all advancement opportunities. A typical day is assisting members with issues that they may have. My task is to listen for clues and offer products that will benefit our members. The most enjoyable part of my job is problem solving. I enjoy helping members or coworkers and provide the best customer service that I can.
Great Teamwork
MRR Cash/ Teller (Current Employee), Ann Arbor MichiganJanuary 26, 2014
Room for quick advancement. a typical day consist of preforming typical transactions. The company focus on selling the business. If you are into sales this is a great job to lean from.
No chance for advancement! I was here 2 yrs before at pt before 1 manager finally saw potential in me and made me FT!
Vault Custodian (Former Employee), michiganJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: i had one great manager for a short time.
Cons: lunches r too short & u cant lv bldg
This is a horrible place to work! I was let go because the manager didnt like the fact i wasnt putting up with their control and scare tactics anymore. I saw employees fired out of the blue for no good reason! Then they didnt even talk about it when we knew one of our coworkers were no longer working there. But they didnt talk about it, it was like it never happened. They had almost daily mtgs about the same things over and over. And then sent u home with homework every wk. After exceeding their sales goals again and again I was let go. i was told I wasnt a good fit and I didnt meet the goals!! If this was true why did it take 4 yrs to realize i wasnt a good fit?? Strange I think?? And a very poor excuse. They dont care about there employees, they care more about donating to all kinds of local schools or business and putting there name out there. And anytime i go in there they have new employees and u have to wait in line for a really long time because they are always shorthanded.
entry level bank job...
mrr cash (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MISeptember 27, 2013
Pros: my checks were never shorted....
Good banking start, nothing else. Hire in to the position you want, moving up is not an option(they DO NOT promote from within, at least i'm not waiting years to do so, i left and am making $5 hour more, have 2 weeks vacation, full time with benefits). So happy to leave, crapppy hours, you have to put this job ahead of others peak hours(no chance to get a second job), no benefits(don't plan on getting sick your on your own), you could work 6 days and get 30 hours, wasting time and gas, company doesn't care new people every 3 months, no one wants to put up with that garbage. They were a job when i needed them... i was a good worker who exceeded all my sales goals, and they hired in someone for the position i wanted buh bye!!!
Good pay, but difficult to advance
MRR (Current Employee), MichiganOctober 22, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: difficult job advancement
I have been with DFCU for about two years. The branch I work in feels like a family because of my coworkers, but I feel as though I'm at a stand still, being that I've been in that same position all that time.
Productive and helpful work environment aimed at pleasing our members.
Cash Member Relations Representative (Current Employee), Lansing, MIJuly 5, 2012
At my specific branch there is a great management team and my co-workers are very helpful.
Love the people I worked with however the company is ran like a dictatorship
Member Relations Representative (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIJune 3, 2012
Pros: being able to assist members who valued your expertise and professonalism
Cons: unfair treatment, manipulation of employees
I have worked in the financial industry for 27 years. I worked at Chase Bank for 21 prior to gaining employment with DFCU Financial. I was ready for and needed a change and applied at DFCU because a good friend of mine worked there. Overall the company would be a good one to work for if they hired managers who were fair to the employees. On the retail side employees are not treated fairly, they are harassed and intimidated into doing whatever they are told without any input. Managers dont give fair reviews. They focus mainly on how they feel personally rather than the employees performance. I enjoyed the members and my co-workers.
Productive, Professional, Educational place.
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Dearborn MIJanuary 26, 2012
DFCU has wonderful benifits, very innovative and educational enviroment.