DFW Airport Employee Reviews in United States

bss driver
BUS DRIVER / PASSENGER VAN DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJuly 5, 2016
helping people get to where they need to go driving pass. van tacking flite crews to hotels and back to airport driving a large bus driving employees to term.
Stable and steady job
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJuly 2, 2016
The biggest factor of the job is the physical requirements and maintaining safety. Depending on your position, you did the same things most days. Co-workers are expected to know their duty and the best part of the job was the stable hours and weekly payment.
Pros
Paid every week
Cons
Physically demanding
Great Company to work for
Warehouse Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  DFWMay 17, 2016
Overall exceptional experience. I was warehouse manager for 10 years and had high respect for all staff and management.
DFW Valet Services
Valet/Greeter Services (Current Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXMay 14, 2016
Relocate, deliver,and receive high-end luxury cars and return them to their appropriate destination. Document the safe transportation of the vehicles. Greet consumers on a daily basis.
Fast-paced production
Reservationist/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXApril 18, 2016
Great learning experience however, he hardest part of this job is learning the program used on the computers without consistent training.
Pros
Flexible hours
Challenging Atmoshere
Assistant Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 21, 2016
Not recommended for thin skinned people. Numbers is the name of the game around there. Your name matters little only your numbers count.
Pros
hours
Cons
middle management
Productive and fun place to work with a weightroom
Ramp Agent/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXDecember 4, 2015
A typical day at work includes loading and unloading planes. Management does a pretty good job on staying on top of things. My coworkers and I have a really good time performing our duties. The hardest part of the job is loading planes, which isn't particularly hard. I enjoy the time in between flights which varies.
Shuttle Bus Driver
Standard Parking Shuttle Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXOctober 26, 2015
Maintain a schedule to provide Shuttle Bus service for DFW employees to and from the parking lots to the Airport terminals.
....
Valet Driver (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXOctober 14, 2015
A typical day as a valet is going to each terminal and picking up car and taking them back to the garage .

You lean a lot.

Management was okay

Co-worker was a really good thing at that job you meet so many different people and everyone is very friendly.

Nothing was really hard about the job.

Being around really good People.
Transportation Screener Officer (Former Employee) –  DFW AirportJuly 16, 2015
Great place to work and great people to be around.. Great place for military and retirees. Can work there again, made great friends
Not well organized, personnel conflicts
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 15, 2015
A subordinate was very disruptive to my line of authority. Subordinate staff acted independent of my authority and senior management did not support my role
Pros
Most staff people were frioendly
Cons
No support from senior management for disruptive subordinate
Productive and great place to work
Work Clerk/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 7, 2015
This job is perfect for those who need to work overnight. I work from 6pm to 6am only 3 days a week. It is not hard work. Plenty of data entry and management is the greatest
Pros
much downtime
Cons
healthcare is not that awesome
a simple valet
Freedom park Valet (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 25, 2015
valeted cars at DFW airport. ensured the safe return of the vehicle to the customer. The hardest part was waiting for hours outside on the curb in twenty degree weather in freezing rain, sleet, and snow. The most enjoyable part was that I was allowed to drive some very nice cars.
Pros
Driving nice vehicles
Cons
Working in bad weather conditions
great people to work with
Wheel Chair/Dispatch/ATO/UM Runner (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 24, 2015
i really liked working there and making all the passenger happy...
i learned alot of things there, i learned how to treat people and how to work with other people.
i only has one thing that i disliked about my job was my scheduel wasnt maching with my school scheduel and that made me quite the job. other then that i really loved my job.
productive and fun work place
Tower Agent (Former Employee) –  dfwMarch 16, 2015
Every day would be with same flight numbers an turnovers, learning new travel locations around the US, Not being under direct management was always easy on the shoulders. Working with only 6 others in the tower sounded like we were at a race track some days. Hardest part was changing all services to new routes when problems occurred. The best part of this job was the view of the sky on any day from the window up so high.
Pros
the freedom of time
Cons
no benifits
Getting to know others while working
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  DFW AirportJanuary 26, 2015
Setting up the ramp for the flight and making sure all equipments are staged before the flight. Not much to learned once you have completely work a plane because its a lot of repetion. Co workers are easy to get along with and will help when in need. Hardest time is when a flight is delayed than you might lose sleep of getting to work or staying over after a shift to assist other contracts flight. Very flexible with your schedule especially if you have a second job.
Pros
a lot of breaks in between flights
A comfortable and productive fast paced work enviornment.
Package handler, Bank, UPS (Former Employee) –  DFW airportJanuary 8, 2015
Arriving early to work to get things in order for the daily procedures. Being a productive member to achieve above and beyond what's expected.
Excellent management that is knowledgeable to make others better and ensure a consistent work environment.
Pros
attitude
Cons
unproductivity
Great at DFW
Line Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 30, 2014
I'd come prepare food and began the set up for all the other cooks. I learned that if you speak to everyone in a nice manner that they'd like working with you more. I learned shift lead roles, for when the manger would step out the kitchen I was next in line making sure that everything was getting done great and in a timely manner. My hardest part was being young and trying to get people to work for me which was also the most enjoyable.
Pros
being shift lead
Productive with an ever-changing environment
Finance Revenue Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 6, 2014
This is a good place to gain experience in finance revenue. The management is pretty awesome, but there is alot of office drama. If you can look past it, it can be very enjoyable.
You typically help other passengers
Customer Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 21, 2014
A typical day at work is go pick up elderly people who needs a wheel chair to move around in the airport. Assist them. Make sure they are comfortable and satisfy with your assistant. I learn from the job how to interact with people more. The co-workers at the airport are the people who makes the job bearable because sometimes the passenger are not the nicest people. With that being said, the hardest part of the job is dealing with bad passengers. They will treat you as a slave and all you can do is endure all the pain and be positive. The most enjoyable part of worker at the airport is meeting famous people. I only worked at the airport for about 2 months and i have seen up to 20 celebrities that i know.
Pros
meet different type of people
Cons
too much walking