DFW Airport Employee Reviews

Management very unprofessional
Janitor (Current Employee) –  UbmMay 13, 2017
The supervisor's are unprofessional and treat the employees with no respect as people ; which makes working there a job in itself. For the most part my co-workers are hard working people though.
Pros
Allows me to pay my bills
Cons
No benefits, bad management
fun and fast paced
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXApril 14, 2017
Coming in to seeing different customers everyday is my enjoyment of the job, maintaining the store well organized, satisfying each customers needs make them feel welcome.
Great Company to work for
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 8, 2017
DFW is a great company to work for.
Pros - Great work/ life balance
cons- compensation is not that great
My job was primarily to configure routers and switches. I had a very good manager.
Fun work place to conversate with people from all over the world
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 25, 2017
really enjoyed working at the airport. getting to meet new people and learn about their culture is very awesome and amazing. hearing the different languages and even learning some of them are great
Great place
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 27, 2017
It was a great fast pace environment with a lot of good benefits the job was super enjoyable I learned how to work machinery
Pros
Good lunches
Cons
N/a
Negative place to work
Construction Coordinator (Current Employee) –  DFW, TexasJanuary 18, 2017
Not a good place to work, if you are not a board employee you are considered a worker that gets no respect and talked down to, I need a job where I can utilize my skills.
Pros
there are no pros
Cons
this is a terrible place to work
Baggage Handler Duties
Baggage Handler Prospect Airport Services (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 14, 2016
Daily I would put bags on the belt. The Bags would go through a tunnel, which will scan and get the bags the right destination.
Daily I would work with a racist management at Prospect so i left.
Cons
Short Breaks
Fun and productive place to work, Will always be on your toes
Manger (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXDecember 14, 2016
I have the most fun experience working in the aviation industry. Everyday is a new challenge that will keep you going some days are harder then other but definitely worth my time.
Opportunities abound - Changing Culture is Better than Before
Terminal Managment (Current Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXNovember 11, 2016
I love DFW Airport Board's new customer-centered initiatives. They inspire me to continue to build on my skills to the customers' advantage. There are plenty of opportunities to learn and advance, but advancement policies are sometimes placed above logic and internal advancement of well-qualified current employees. I would like to see the leadership team look below at the folks who are helping them reach their departmental and organizational goals and help develop them, especially when considering that a considerable percentage of the current staff is eligible for retirement at any time. Communications of initiatives must be communicated with front-line staff more efficiently. Improvement has been notable as of late. Performance management should be less budget based and more merit-based. I have been in management meetings where staff who qualified for more were adjusted down to meet budgetary needs, instead of encouraging high-level performance. Also, employees are told that in order to reach a far exceeds or exceeds performance rating, they need to save a child from a burning building. I happen to believe that consistently high level work output should be enough to warrant higher ratings; keeping employees motivated to work harder. Otherwise, what you see is a wide variety of work outputs being placed in the "meets expectations" zone, resulting in the exact same "merit" raise. If DFW wants to keep high quality, engaged, dedicated staff, they need to step up the compensation accordingly when employees demonstrate a willingness and commensurate initiative to improve.
Pros
Newly Refreshed corporate mission - more customer-centric - job security
Cons
Corporate Wellness Program dockes $75 monthly for not getting a physical, New jobs increasingly filled by outside sources instead of current staff first
Very structured company to work for
Systems Performance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 22, 2016
My typical day starts as routine until my manager directs me to work projects that need immediate attention.

I learned that I cannot get a promotion doing over and above my duties and responsibilities until a higher position becomes open to apply.

No comment about management.

My coworkers are hard working and do not get informal to one another other than at work.

The hardest part of my job is knowing I can't move up in my current position and I can't move laterally to another position and I can't move downward in a lower tiered position.

The most enjoyable part of my position is working with customers resolve their problems. Fixing issues with the baggage handling system that will not reoccur and finding solutions that will not keep the airline flights at a stand-still.
Very productive and would always go back and also beneficial
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJuly 27, 2016
The company is a fun work area teaches you responsibility, its very beneficial, and guaranteed as stated, pays well and with a very flexible schedule.
Good place
Valet/Greeter (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 25, 2016
Typical day at work. Every day was a good day, always such a fun and good time . The time would go by fast.
Fun environment
Security officer at the Check Point (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJuly 7, 2016
Good place to meet a lot of diverse people. Ability to help people. Easy going job that wasn't stressful. Easy transportation in and out of work.
Pros
Easiness
Cons
Work Schedule
bss driver
BUS DRIVER / PASSENGER VAN DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJuly 5, 2016
helping people get to where they need to go driving pass. van tacking flite crews to hotels and back to airport driving a large bus driving employees to term.
Stable and steady job
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJuly 2, 2016
The biggest factor of the job is the physical requirements and maintaining safety. Depending on your position, you did the same things most days. Co-workers are expected to know their duty and the best part of the job was the stable hours and weekly payment.
Pros
Paid every week
Cons
Physically demanding
Great Company to work for
Warehouse Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  DFWMay 17, 2016
Overall exceptional experience. I was warehouse manager for 10 years and had high respect for all staff and management.
DFW Valet Services
Valet/Greeter Services (Current Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXMay 14, 2016
Relocate, deliver,and receive high-end luxury cars and return them to their appropriate destination. Document the safe transportation of the vehicles. Greet consumers on a daily basis.
Fast-paced production
Reservationist/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXApril 18, 2016
Great learning experience however, he hardest part of this job is learning the program used on the computers without consistent training.
Pros
Flexible hours
Challenging Atmoshere
Assistant Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 21, 2016
Not recommended for thin skinned people. Numbers is the name of the game around there. Your name matters little only your numbers count.
Pros
hours
Cons
middle management
Productive and fun place to work with a weightroom
Ramp Agent/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXDecember 4, 2015
A typical day at work includes loading and unloading planes. Management does a pretty good job on staying on top of things. My coworkers and I have a really good time performing our duties. The hardest part of the job is loading planes, which isn't particularly hard. I enjoy the time in between flights which varies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DFW Airport. Our community is ready to answer.