DH Pace Employee Reviews

Racism runs deep with this company
Service Technician / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 16, 2017
favoritism, lack of work, unorganized, people in charge don't know what they're doing and trainers only train you enough so they can get paid that extra $1 an hour
Great place to work and good people to work with.
Carpenter/Dockworker (Former Employee) –  Olathe KSJune 1, 2017
Great job day to day basic warehouse and distribution center. Assembly of doors and hardware to installation and and security applications. Loading of doors and hardware to receiving and putting away of product. Using 4 programs in computer based inventory to locations of product to rf and software components. Welding to project managers and architects blue print designs and to OSHA certifications on certain doors safe work enviroment due to mostly Industrial products we used.
Pros
Worked own schedule, excellent benefits, Pto, Union Job
Cons
Really none.
Great company.
Door Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 19, 2017
Pay is based upon experience, they give you all tools to learn how to work on the doors if you are new to the business. The technicians are knowledgeable and a blast to work with.
Pretty good place
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSFebruary 23, 2017
I really enjoyed the fast pace and volume of work. Most of the managers were very understanding when emergencies with my children would arise. All in all I very much enjoyed my time there.
great place
Welder/Installer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 27, 2016
this is a great place to work, laid back, not time crunched most of the time. some weeks were under 40 hours though. company truck to take home with gas card
Excellent work with great pay
Lead Residential Install Tech (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 19, 2016
Its hard to balance family time and worktime. The company offers great benefits and pay. The Management is lacking and creates most of the issues but are willing to work with you.
Pros
great pay
Cons
management
Fun place to work with great people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSOctober 16, 2016
The people at DH Pace are friendly and fun. It was a rewarding experience where I learned the most fascinating things about doors and door hardware as well as about how keys and cores are processed and work. This company takes care of it's employees by offering multiple kitchens with ample refrigerator space, free coffee, and a nice service from Company Kitchen which provides fresh food and drink offerings instead of regular vending services. It is good and affordable food which is a huge plus when you are busy and can't get out for lunch. The owner is a smart and caring man and takes good care of his employees.
Its a Job
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 29, 2016
It is a corporate job, what can you expect? They don't hire rationally to office staff, they make illogical decisions and the employees are unhappy more often than not.
Work environment Good, but Sales and Management Poor
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSSeptember 28, 2015
This was a good position to work at. Unfortunately Sales and Management did not match. There were times of no work at normal high periods during the summer. This meant you got less than 35 hour work weeks. The employees I worked around really wanted to achieve tough and were talented. I do hope they get there Sales back on track for the good technicians that still work there.
Pros
Technicians you worked with were professionals
Cons
Sales and Management
A growing company with honest hard-working people
Estimator, Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 21, 2015
Overall a great place to work. You work hard and the hours are fairly long, but it is honest work and you are surrounded with good people. The company is rapidly growing and advancement within is a definite possibility. You wont get rich working here, but if you work hard and contribute you will have job security.
Pros
Advancement possibilities, Good people
Cons
Long hours, not the best pay
Shiny on the outside and coal on the inside
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 21, 2014
To be fair, your experience will vary on what division you are in and what personality you have to answer to. In relativity, they are good at allowing you to handle personal issues if they arise unexpectedly. They ask many questions about improvement, but they never actually follow-up or follow-through...and I don't mean that they summarily reject ideas. They will state that something is actionable and realistic...to be implemented in a specific timeframe and then nothing actually happens.
Management, like most businesses with tiered management and multiple divisions, has many challenges. Overall, there is still a much greater focus on operational efficiency in the short-term. I call it the Bob Nardelli model. Look him up if you don't know of him. He brought some good things to The Home Depot, but overall, he did more harm than good with the "numbers" approach.
Co-workers who have weathered the non-stop changes over the past years have done so by keeping their heads down, not because they were exceptional...because they have learned not to challenge management when poor decisions are implemented. The most difficult part of the job is not the daily tasks. It is the micromanaging. You will likely have a manager that sells you on their 'team' approach, but quickly it becomes my way or the highway. Often you are told to figure it out without any meaningful collaboration. The real issue is that they expect you to turn water into wine. You'll often hear things like, "I don't know what the answer is or how to fix it, but you need to make it work..." They excel at setting you up for
  more... failure.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the daily routine is anything but routine. The challenges vary greatly and it keeps the job fun and exciting.
Bottom line, if you don't mind just being a cog that does whatever your told, or if you are okay with a manager putting his/her shortcomings on you when things aren't going well, it can be a great place to work. For me, it wasn't what they sold me on when I transitioned. I expected much more autonomy, not their illusion of control.
Pros
The daily routines
Cons
Fun environment, amazing & caring coworkers, good benefits
Customer Service Representative and Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 17, 2014
DH Pace is an excellent company to work for. It's very fast-paced but the management is extremely helpful.
Challenged me to grow
Manager/Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  KSApril 29, 2014
The opportunity, met at first with uncertainty and all comfort removed. This would provide me an opportunity for new challenges and the need to stretch. That is a good thing.
Pros
Opportunity to develop trainding
Cons
Lots of travel
Laid Back work environment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Kansas CityAugust 11, 2013
Excellent job.
Enjoyable work
Busy

I learned how to do collections, invoice uploading, and customer service via email and phone.
Pros
Rate of Pay
Cons
Have to work on Sunday
Overall good busy work for anyone.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas city MissouriMarch 11, 2013
A typical day would be dispatching calls accordingly as they come in, answering the phone and handling any questions or problems encountered by our technicians and our customers, Retrieving invoices from our customers as well as organizing customer accounts, maintaining the faxes that are coming in and helping in any areas any of our team members need it with. I have learned Microsoft excel as well as the company programs, I have learned many communication skills as I use them on a daily basis as well as the copy/fax machine. I have learned how to create a PDF file and run different reports based on my search.
Managment was not up to what is expected in a growing company, lots of dissaray with coworkers as well as harrassment that went unnoticed. The hardest part of the job was the stress level brought on by the clashing personalities within the company, nothing of the acutal work was too hard or complicated that one couldn't learn it quickly if wanted. The most enjoyable part of the job is the work itself. There is always something to be done and I enjoy being busy and talking with our customers as they always (for the most part) are in a great mood when they call.
Pros
breaks are not schedules as you take them in a timely mannor or when you have down time.
Cons
there are weekly changes within the company that slow the work profientcy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DH Pace. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9