DH Pace Employee Reviews in United States

Work environment Good, but Sales and Management Poor
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSSeptember 28, 2015
This was a good position to work at. Unfortunately Sales and Management did not match. There were times of no work at normal high periods during the summer. This meant you got less than 35 hour work weeks. The employees I worked around really wanted to achieve tough and were talented. I do hope they get there Sales back on track for the good technicians that still work there.
Pros
Technicians you worked with were professionals
Cons
Sales and Management
A growing company with honest hard-working people
Estimator, Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 21, 2015
Overall a great place to work. You work hard and the hours are fairly long, but it is honest work and you are surrounded with good people. The company is rapidly growing and advancement within is a definite possibility. You wont get rich working here, but if you work hard and contribute you will have job security.
Pros
advancement possibilities, good people
Cons
long hours, not the best pay
Shiny on the outside and coal on the inside
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 21, 2014
To be fair, your experience will vary on what division you are in and what personality you have to answer to. In relativity, they are good at allowing you to handle personal issues if they arise unexpectedly. They ask many questions about improvement, but they never actually follow-up or follow-through...and I don't mean that they summarily reject ideas. They will state that something is actionable and realistic...to be implemented in a specific timeframe and then nothing actually happens.
Management, like most businesses with tiered management and multiple divisions, has many challenges. Overall, there is still a much greater focus on operational efficiency in the short-term. I call it the Bob Nardelli model. Look him up if you don't know of him. He brought some good things to The Home Depot, but overall, he did more harm than good with the "numbers" approach.
Co-workers who have weathered the non-stop changes over the past years have done so by keeping their heads down, not because they were exceptional...because they have learned not to challenge management when poor decisions are implemented. The most difficult part of the job is not the daily tasks. It is the micromanaging. You will likely have a manager that sells you on their 'team' approach, but quickly it becomes my way or the highway. Often you are told to figure it out without any meaningful collaboration. The real issue is that they expect you to turn water into wine. You'll often hear things like, "I don't know what the answer is or how to fix it, but you need to make it work..." They excel at setting you up for
  more... failure.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the daily routine is anything but routine. The challenges vary greatly and it keeps the job fun and exciting.
Bottom line, if you don't mind just being a cog that does whatever your told, or if you are okay with a manager putting his/her shortcomings on you when things aren't going well, it can be a great place to work. For me, it wasn't what they sold me on when I transitioned. I expected much more autonomy, not their illusion of control.
Pros
the daily routines
Cons
management
Fun environment, amazing & caring coworkers, good benefits
Customer Service Representative and Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 17, 2014
DH Pace is an excellent company to work for. It's very fast-paced but the management is extremely helpful.
Challenged me to grow
Manager/Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  KSApril 29, 2014
The opportunity, met at first with uncertainty and all comfort removed. This would provide me an opportunity for new challenges and the need to stretch. That is a good thing.
Pros
opportunity to develop trainding
Cons
lots of travel
Laid Back work environment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Kansas CityAugust 11, 2013
Excellent job.
Enjoyable work
Busy

I learned how to do collections, invoice uploading, and customer service via email and phone.
Pros
rate of pay
Cons
have to work on sunday
Overall good busy work for anyone.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas city MissouriMarch 11, 2013
A typical day would be dispatching calls accordingly as they come in, answering the phone and handling any questions or problems encountered by our technicians and our customers, Retrieving invoices from our customers as well as organizing customer accounts, maintaining the faxes that are coming in and helping in any areas any of our team members need it with. I have learned Microsoft excel as well as the company programs, I have learned many communication skills as I use them on a daily basis as well as the copy/fax machine. I have learned how to create a PDF file and run different reports based on my search.
Managment was not up to what is expected in a growing company, lots of dissaray with coworkers as well as harrassment that went unnoticed. The hardest part of the job was the stress level brought on by the clashing personalities within the company, nothing of the acutal work was too hard or complicated that one couldn't learn it quickly if wanted. The most enjoyable part of the job is the work itself. There is always something to be done and I enjoy being busy and talking with our customers as they always (for the most part) are in a great mood when they call.
Pros
breaks are not schedules as you take them in a timely mannor or when you have down time.
Cons
there are weekly changes within the company that slow the work profientcy.

2.6