DHR Employee Reviews

nice people
Demolition Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 17, 2016
the job was nice just hot.i learn a lot about demolition how tare down house.the hardest thing was clean the trash after we knock it down.joy was breaks
Pros
water
Cons
n/a
See below
LOC nurse (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 12, 2013
Good working environment, nice staff. Management was there in a crisis situation.
I've learned that if you take the time you can learn from anyone regardless of their disabilities. And that even those with disabilites have hopes, dreams and a desire to share their life with a signaficant other.
The hardest part of my job is while in the midst of typing a report either the system becomes inoperative.
The most enjoyable part of my job is feeling like a make a difference in the lives of those who really need it.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no raise in 5 years
I strongly believe in team work
Child Protective Service Investigator (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 23, 2012
A typical day at work consist of ensuring the safety & wellbeing of all individuals.

I've learned to treat everyone with tact although their situation may be difficult to deal with. I'm always eager to learn and growth is very important as an individual or team.

I've always been blessed by my management team to allow me to follow through with my duties with minimal supervision.

I'm a strong believer in teamwork. I understand your not always going to agree, however we are there as professionals with the same goals.

The hardest part of any job is when you work hard in the helping profession and your case may not go the way you intended it to go.

The most enjoyable part of any job is knowing you did any & everything to help individuals. I also enjoy watching individuals not accepting failure
Pros
enjoying my profession
Cons
not having enough time to accomplish everything you may had planned that particular day.
Working with children
Foster Parent (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 1, 2016
I do this to work with the children not for financial gain or advancement. We will be adopting a child we have had in our care for 3 years in 1 - 3 months. This is the best reward we could have hoped for. Working with these children is not an easy job many come with different challenges.
Pros
Socialization, finally adopt
Cons
not enough money, kids come with nothing, behavior problems
There is no room for advancement
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 24, 2014
I enjoy my job and I love how they train you on new information. The only thing that is not working for me is the pay and there is no room for advancement. I work for a call center and besides being on the phones there is nothing else to do so I feel stuck. The supervisors and managers are great and they make working here fun. I love the fun enviroment but you cannot pay your bills off of fun and there are no raises for anyboy working here.
Pros
Employee appreciation week, games, and travel to Macon for training
Cons
No advancement and very little pay with no raises
Great workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 3, 2016
Great Career with great pay and hours. This was a work from home position. I enjoyed the freedom I had. It allowed me to work and still do my daily tasks at home.
Productive and Team concept
Communicable Disease District Supervisor / Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 27, 2014
Typical work day - Flexibility in scheduled and unscheduled assignments.
What I learned - Learned to be flexible to changes.
Management - My management style, Open door, team concept, coach,mentor, train staff and cross training of staff, staff input.
My co-workers - Professional and work as a Team.
The hardest part of the job - Dealing with clients with multiple personalities, but work closely with those clients to address their needs.
The most enjoyable part of the job - Working with people and seeing that their needs are addressed / satisfied.
Pros
Professional work environment.
Cons
NA
Long
Packaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 8, 2016
What I did for this company was long and mind numbing with little to no socialization and long work days for the kind of work I was doing.
This is a good place to work assisting customers -Helping families
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 23, 2015
warm friendly environment Typical day is usually good assisting customer ,helping them get benefits . Managers are helpful when needed.
Great place to work and advancement possibilty
Alcohol and Drug Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSJune 11, 2012
The ASAP is a great place to work with excellent advancement opportunities. Our day consists of training soldiers on a daily basis of the hazards of drugs and alcohol. We produce training ourlines and provide guidance for young soldiers, and emphaiaze fatal uses of drugs and alcohol. We maintain updated training material and provide lessons plans on each subject that we may teach. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with soldiers. The hardest part of the job is getting soldiers to understand the hazards of drugs and alcohol has on the human body. My co workers are the greatest, always willing to help out when needed and provides a good work enviroment.
Pros
a great work enviroment, employees are well taken care of.
Cons
9 hour work days.

Want to know more about DHR?

Ask a question
Working in a office
CLERICAL CLERK/VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 24, 2016
I have learned a lot since I been here. I always wanted to experience working in a office. The most enjoyable part is helping others such as clients, supervisors, and caseworkers. I have learned how to be professional, work fax machines and also a copier to make different types of copies.
Pros
n/a
Cons
short breaks
Hard company to work for
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Asheboro, NCAugust 18, 2015
My day consist of inspecting military vehicles and border patrol surveillance equipment. There were not alot of employees. When a contract was finished employees were let go.
I learned alot about how vehicles operate and what is needed to make them run.
Pros
We were served a nice lunch on occasion
Cons
poor management
fast pace and lots of travel
Sheet Metal Duct Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLDecember 19, 2012
over all a good place to work good management somme co workers with big egos but not all hardest was have to be asked will you work on the weekends at the end of the week not much notices
Pros
haveing lots of big jobs
Cons
being laid off when jobs was over
Great work environment
Planning List Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAMarch 22, 2012
I really enjoyed working for this agency. You work from home and make your own appointments. You have once a month staff meeting and a office day.
Pros
room for advancement, company laptop, and receive mileage
Cons
long work hours
Had the experience of working with top level administration, we gained close relationship
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 11, 2012
performed basic office along with phone etiquette. Received, sorted, and distributed mail to various departments.Updated employees files, prepared new hire/separation packages, employment verifications. Upkeep of file room. I learn the difference of state office from district. You should always follow policy and procedures in a job.Great team to work with, but I had to transfer to other unit due to budget cut, I would say that the hardest part.Great moments of employees birthdays and other special events.
Pros
always thinking of employees as well as customers/clients.
Cons
i had to leave
Remodeling, carpentry.
DHR (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAApril 25, 2013
Steady work flow, learned remodeling styles, good supportive management. hardest part- lack of work contracts. Most enjoyable-completing all jobs on time
Pros
autonomy and good management support
Cons
not enough work contracts
Enjoyed Working With Co-Workers & Soldiers
Administrative Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GeorgiaOctober 22, 2013
A typical day for me was serving 20 to 30 soldiers if not more, plus 1 Clinical Director, 2 Supervisor and 16 counselors, with a variety of duties to be done by the end of the day. I learned to prioritize my duties and manage time. My co-workers was a team player and fun to work with. The hardest part of my job was typing my minutes and processing payroll. I was the first person the soldier or visitors would see when they enter the door. It was continue interruption, but I loved my job. I enjoyed the soldiers and all of my co-workers.
Pros
Potluck Day
Cons
1 hour for lunch
Family run
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAAugust 20, 2012
Only advance if your family and vacations were impossible to get.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no advancement
excellent place to work
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Glennville, GASeptember 22, 2015
I truly enjoyed the patient interaction on a daily basis. I learned so much about working patients up for clinical services. Especially the babies and children that came in for WIC and immunizations services.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Sometimes have to travel for meetings
My mission was to input/retrieve data for government use.
Data Clean-up Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 21, 2014
My daily routine was to input data on local government stats. Provide a daily and accurate account of data to be used by the local government. I learned how our child support system worked. The co-workers were great to work with and learn from. The hardest part of the job was leaving when the contract was not renewed. The most enjoyable part was providing assistance to the clients.
Pros
Assisting the clients with great results.
Cons
It was contractual.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHR. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2