DHR Employee Reviews

Quick pace environment
Monitor Tech (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXOctober 19, 2017
Never a lack of pts so the night went by pretty quickly. As far as the staffing, I never really had any problems with many other than a few. I have work partners that help me out so that I don't feel overwhelmed.
Post partum
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXSeptember 29, 2017
It was a great place to get experience. I worked nights for a year so after a while it took it toll on me. At times there is favoritism but that is found in any job. Keep to yourself and you will be fine.
Good Job
Office Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 28, 2017
DHR was a Great place to work. Did a lot of typing and filing. Management was great to work under. The job is laid back but we got work done. I was a great work environment.
Crazy, and a bit depressing
Family Independence Case Manager I; DHR (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 10, 2017
DHR: I worked as a Family Independence Case Manager for almost three-years. A typical day in the life consist of poor training so you have to be a "winger" so you can "wing-it". There is no actual procedures manual; make your own. The typical day is nothing like what is learned in training. The co workers are foul and rude to each other and to the clients. The workers are underpaid and most of them qualify for public assistance, themselves, so their supervisor will do the workers review. The work load is ridiculous and is never-ending. The clients are mostly un-encourage-able, depressed and know that the system doesn't work in their favor.

The hardest part of the job is to inform someone that they don't qualify because their income is too high; when honestly you know that they can't make ends meet with their income. Also, it was hard to turn families away without having a tangible resource or referral for some other form of assistance.

The most enjoyable part of the job was 5:00!! See Ya!!
Pros
Helping the less fortunate or at least believing that you're helping!!
Cons
Very, Very Stressful
It is a culture which bears a family like atmosphere
Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 6, 2017
Working here gave a perspective of working in a government environment, vs. the public sector; which for me seemed to be working at a slower pace, than working in the public sector.
Pros
ability to leave on-time
Cons
slow pace
very nice place to work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, TNJanuary 19, 2017
I did my intern here and loved working with the team. It was a productive and interesting place to work. I learned that working as a team is a very important part of any job.
Pros
very friendly people
Cons
can be time consuming
nice people
Demolition Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 17, 2016
the job was nice just hot.i learn a lot about demolition how tare down house.the hardest thing was clean the trash after we knock it down.joy was breaks
Pros
water
Cons
n/a
Long
Packaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 8, 2016
What I did for this company was long and mind numbing with little to no socialization and long work days for the kind of work I was doing.
Working with children
Foster Parent (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 1, 2016
I do this to work with the children not for financial gain or advancement. We will be adopting a child we have had in our care for 3 years in 1 - 3 months. This is the best reward we could have hoped for. Working with these children is not an easy job many come with different challenges.
Pros
Socialization, finally adopt
Cons
not enough money, kids come with nothing, behavior problems
Working in a office
CLERICAL CLERK/VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 24, 2016
I have learned a lot since I been here. I always wanted to experience working in a office. The most enjoyable part is helping others such as clients, supervisors, and caseworkers. I have learned how to be professional, work fax machines and also a copier to make different types of copies.
Pros
n/a
Cons
short breaks
Great workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 3, 2016
Great Career with great pay and hours. This was a work from home position. I enjoyed the freedom I had. It allowed me to work and still do my daily tasks at home.
This is a good place to work assisting customers -Helping families
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 23, 2015
warm friendly environment Typical day is usually good assisting customer ,helping them get benefits . Managers are helpful when needed.
excellent place to work
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Glennville, GASeptember 22, 2015
I truly enjoyed the patient interaction on a daily basis. I learned so much about working patients up for clinical services. Especially the babies and children that came in for WIC and immunizations services.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Sometimes have to travel for meetings
Hard company to work for
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Asheboro, NCAugust 18, 2015
My day consist of inspecting military vehicles and border patrol surveillance equipment. There were not alot of employees. When a contract was finished employees were let go.
I learned alot about how vehicles operate and what is needed to make them run.
Pros
We were served a nice lunch on occasion
Cons
poor management
Work Study Student easy job
Agent 1 (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAMay 5, 2015
I worked in between classes and on days i did not have class in the history dept. Easy job was able to do my papers and homework while there. Nothing too complicated. Great student job for some extra cash or a discount off tuition.
Pros
easy
Cons
low pay
Fun workplace /Inspirational
Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Selma, ALMarch 4, 2015
A typical day at DHR was fun. I learned a lot of things that went on at DHR. The managers was sweet and also my church member. The hardest part is when some of the social worker have to stop what there doing and see about the kids they got. The most enjoyable part us when some social workers come out their own pockets and help a child.
Pros
everybody got along
Cons
trying to stay stress free
productive
customer service specialist (Current Employee) –  Appling, GANovember 14, 2014
best part is helping others get the assistance they need. Good enviornment.
There is no room for advancement
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 24, 2014
I enjoy my job and I love how they train you on new information. The only thing that is not working for me is the pay and there is no room for advancement. I work for a call center and besides being on the phones there is nothing else to do so I feel stuck. The supervisors and managers are great and they make working here fun. I love the fun enviroment but you cannot pay your bills off of fun and there are no raises for anyboy working here.
Pros
Employee appreciation week, games, and travel to Macon for training
Cons
No advancement and very little pay with no raises
My mission was to input/retrieve data for government use.
Data Clean-up Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 21, 2014
My daily routine was to input data on local government stats. Provide a daily and accurate account of data to be used by the local government. I learned how our child support system worked. The co-workers were great to work with and learn from. The hardest part of the job was leaving when the contract was not renewed. The most enjoyable part was providing assistance to the clients.
Pros
Assisting the clients with great results.
Cons
It was contractual.
Productive and Team concept
Communicable Disease District Supervisor / Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 27, 2014
Typical work day - Flexibility in scheduled and unscheduled assignments.
What I learned - Learned to be flexible to changes.
Management - My management style, Open door, team concept, coach,mentor, train staff and cross training of staff, staff input.
My co-workers - Professional and work as a Team.
The hardest part of the job - Dealing with clients with multiple personalities, but work closely with those clients to address their needs.
The most enjoyable part of the job - Working with people and seeing that their needs are addressed / satisfied.
Pros
Professional work environment.
Cons
Na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHR. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2