DHR Employee Reviews in United States

Working with children
Foster Parent (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 1, 2016
I do this to work with the children not for financial gain or advancement. We will be adopting a child we have had in our care for 3 years in 1 - 3 months. This is the best reward we could have hoped for. Working with these children is not an easy job many come with different challenges.
Pros
Socialization, finally adopt
Cons
not enough money, kids come with nothing, behavior problems
Great workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 3, 2016
Great Career with great pay and hours. This was a work from home position. I enjoyed the freedom I had. It allowed me to work and still do my daily tasks at home.
This is a good place to work assisting customers -Helping families
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 23, 2015
warm friendly environment Typical day is usually good assisting customer ,helping them get benefits . Managers are helpful when needed.
excellent place to work
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Glennville, GASeptember 22, 2015
I truly enjoyed the patient interaction on a daily basis. I learned so much about working patients up for clinical services. Especially the babies and children that came in for WIC and immunizations services.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Sometimes have to travel for meetings
Hard company to work for
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Asheboro, NCAugust 18, 2015
My day consist of inspecting military vehicles and border patrol surveillance equipment. There were not alot of employees. When a contract was finished employees were let go.
I learned alot about how vehicles operate and what is needed to make them run.
Pros
We were served a nice lunch on occasion
Cons
poor management
Work Study Student easy job
Agent 1 (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAMay 5, 2015
I worked in between classes and on days i did not have class in the history dept. Easy job was able to do my papers and homework while there. Nothing too complicated. Great student job for some extra cash or a discount off tuition.
Pros
easy
Cons
low pay
Fun workplace /Inspirational
Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Selma, ALMarch 4, 2015
A typical day at DHR was fun. I learned a lot of things that went on at DHR. The managers was sweet and also my church member. The hardest part is when some of the social worker have to stop what there doing and see about the kids they got. The most enjoyable part us when some social workers come out their own pockets and help a child.
Pros
everybody got along
Cons
trying to stay stress free
productive
customer service specialist (Current Employee) –  Appling, GANovember 14, 2014
best part is helping others get the assistance they need. Good enviornment.
There is no room for advancement
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 24, 2014
I enjoy my job and I love how they train you on new information. The only thing that is not working for me is the pay and there is no room for advancement. I work for a call center and besides being on the phones there is nothing else to do so I feel stuck. The supervisors and managers are great and they make working here fun. I love the fun enviroment but you cannot pay your bills off of fun and there are no raises for anyboy working here.
Pros
employee appreciation week, games, and travel to macon for training
Cons
no advancement and very little pay with no raises
My mission was to input/retrieve data for government use.
Data Clean-up Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 21, 2014
My daily routine was to input data on local government stats. Provide a daily and accurate account of data to be used by the local government. I learned how our child support system worked. The co-workers were great to work with and learn from. The hardest part of the job was leaving when the contract was not renewed. The most enjoyable part was providing assistance to the clients.
Pros
assisting the clients with great results.
Cons
it was contractual.
Productive and Team concept
Communicable Disease District Supervisor / Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 27, 2014
Typical work day - Flexibility in scheduled and unscheduled assignments.
What I learned - Learned to be flexible to changes.
Management - My management style, Open door, team concept, coach,mentor, train staff and cross training of staff, staff input.
My co-workers - Professional and work as a Team.
The hardest part of the job - Dealing with clients with multiple personalities, but work closely with those clients to address their needs.
The most enjoyable part of the job - Working with people and seeing that their needs are addressed / satisfied.
Pros
professional work environment.
Cons
na
i enjoy my job as a forklift driver
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJanuary 13, 2014
Fun place to Work and they have good benfits and location is close to my house
Enjoyed Working With Co-Workers & Soldiers
Administrative Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GeorgiaOctober 22, 2013
A typical day for me was serving 20 to 30 soldiers if not more, plus 1 Clinical Director, 2 Supervisor and 16 counselors, with a variety of duties to be done by the end of the day. I learned to prioritize my duties and manage time. My co-workers was a team player and fun to work with. The hardest part of my job was typing my minutes and processing payroll. I was the first person the soldier or visitors would see when they enter the door. It was continue interruption, but I loved my job. I enjoyed the soldiers and all of my co-workers.
Pros
potluck day
Cons
1 hour for lunch
the oppertunities are there very understanding with employees
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXOctober 17, 2013
awesome place to work , the schedules of work hours are great. the supervisors work with the new staff until they are well rounded. they also cross train the whole staff and you don't have any problems in going to different areas of the hospital.
Productive, interactive and helpful to the public
Clerical Aide Jefferson County (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALSeptember 30, 2013
A typical day at work includes answering the customer service line for Jefferson County Child Support Bessemer Division.

Assisting clients with basic questions and taking messages so that clients can gain contact with their case workers.

The best part of the job is that I get to assist these clients.
Remodeling, carpentry.
DHR (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAApril 25, 2013
Steady work flow, learned remodeling styles, good supportive management. hardest part- lack of work contracts. Most enjoyable-completing all jobs on time
Pros
autonomy and good management support
Cons
not enough work contracts
See below
LOC nurse (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 12, 2013
Good working environment, nice staff. Management was there in a crisis situation.
I've learned that if you take the time you can learn from anyone regardless of their disabilities. And that even those with disabilites have hopes, dreams and a desire to share their life with a signaficant other.
The hardest part of my job is while in the midst of typing a report either the system becomes inoperative.
The most enjoyable part of my job is feeling like a make a difference in the lives of those who really need it.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no raise in 5 years
fast pace and lots of travel
Sheet Metal Duct Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLDecember 19, 2012
over all a good place to work good management somme co workers with big egos but not all hardest was have to be asked will you work on the weekends at the end of the week not much notices
Pros
haveing lots of big jobs
Cons
being laid off when jobs was over
I strongly believe in team work
Child Protective Service Investigator (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 23, 2012
A typical day at work consist of ensuring the safety & wellbeing of all individuals.

I've learned to treat everyone with tact although their situation may be difficult to deal with. I'm always eager to learn and growth is very important as an individual or team.

I've always been blessed by my management team to allow me to follow through with my duties with minimal supervision.

I'm a strong believer in teamwork. I understand your not always going to agree, however we are there as professionals with the same goals.

The hardest part of any job is when you work hard in the helping profession and your case may not go the way you intended it to go.

The most enjoyable part of any job is knowing you did any & everything to help individuals. I also enjoy watching individuals not accepting failure
Pros
enjoying my profession
Cons
not having enough time to accomplish everything you may had planned that particular day.
Had the experience of working with top level administration, we gained close relationship
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 11, 2012
performed basic office along with phone etiquette. Received, sorted, and distributed mail to various departments.Updated employees files, prepared new hire/separation packages, employment verifications. Upkeep of file room. I learn the difference of state office from district. You should always follow policy and procedures in a job.Great team to work with, but I had to transfer to other unit due to budget cut, I would say that the hardest part.Great moments of employees birthdays and other special events.
Pros
always thinking of employees as well as customers/clients.
Cons
i had to leave

4.3