DHS Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Child Services (Former Employee) –  Forest, MSApril 25, 2017
It's the type of job I love they we're very kind and courteous towards me.. They helped me with any problems that I had I loved that job it taught me alot of things that I didn't know.
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 12, 2017
I learned a lot from working with the client. He was very comfortabl4e with me and even though he would get sick at times I would always find a way to brighten up his day
Good
Daycare Provider (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIApril 7, 2017
The only thing is you don't pay nothing you need to really go up on your pay you can't live off your pay at all all you can do is get a little house hold things off the rate you pay
Pros
A little extra in your packet
Cons
Not enough pay
Alright
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greeneville, TNMarch 15, 2017
VR is an okay place to work if you have a degree other than that you wont get paid enough. But you do get good benefits. You learn aslot helping others and how to find what they are looking for
Product
Home care taker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 11, 2017
Just doing baic actives with the client making sure they was well taking care of and getting to know the client on what they like and don't and just assistance them with thing they can't do for them selfs
Enjoyable place to work
In Home Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Brookings, ORFebruary 15, 2017
Everyday is in a loving and caring enviroment. Its a great feeling to be so appreciated. Working in a Home enviroment is very casual and comfortable. Building a strong relationship with clients is fulfilling.
Pros
Wonderful job.
Cons
Hard to say goodbye.
Productive and busy
TSO (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 26, 2017
Typical day at work is busy except during the down time between flights. Management makes the rules but doesn't really know how it affects us as the workers. The culture is very diverse. The hardest part of the job to me is dealing with the smells of people. The most enjoyable part of the job is the repetitive but not really.
Pros
discounts at resturants, overtime, money for uniform after year
Cons
the days off
Fun work place good enviroment
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 13, 2017
I learned how to deal with people way of thinking, love working with people my clients was very respectable and easy to work for. The hours was very flexible and the commute was durable I enjoyed working for this company and would recommend them to others.
i loved working with the elderly
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIDecember 28, 2016
'the best part was meeting new people geting to know the peolpe u work with and find out there likes and dislikes and then ur job gets alot easier and les stressfull
Hands on
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Dixon, ILDecember 12, 2016
As far as being a caregiver we dont sit in the office. The job was hands on work and had to be done. I dont have any complaints about dhs. You have to learn fast but know how to do it right. If you failed to do it right, such as cleaning, could result in the patient getting sick. Your job was needed for that person in need. Making them comfortable and having everything clean.

Want to know more about DHS?

Ask a question
dhs
Lead Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 28, 2016
its great, diverse environment
lots to learn, no complaints about lunch breaks, management was very flexible, loved working in a professional setting.
Fun place to work
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILNovember 16, 2016
Fun place to work, very rewarding job. You go to your customers house and do your routine, that the case worker makes up specifically for your customer. Independent work environment. Hardest part was working every everyday and if a customer was sick.
Pros
Rewarding and independent
Cons
Worked too much and no where to grow
Great agency for advancement
Transportation Officer (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCNovember 9, 2016
Greatagency for advancement for all individuals. Training is available for you to advance your career. Fair and open agency with many oportunities at your disposal. Justapply yourself and you will go as far as you want.
DHS is a great place to work with great benefits.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, GAOctober 31, 2016
I enjoy serving people with excellent customer service and helping people to become self-sufficient...my goal is to ensure all families of Georgia who apply is provided medical coverage and snap benefits in a timely manner.
fast work environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 5, 2016
Always something new each day! I loved the clients I had. Hands on care with clients in their own home. Some have their OMMP card, some clients are independent and some cannot transport themselves on their own.
Great team members
In Home Child Care (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORSeptember 30, 2016
always met in the morings before our boss got there and looked at what looked like we would be doing and made up teams on who we thought would be better at this part of the job.
Good place to work. Nice people
In Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Florence.,orSeptember 15, 2016
I liked my client,flexible to work for. . Wish I could of had more hours. I liked the staff at DHS. Very nice , and professional. Very informative.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Had to travel long way to work
We do it for the children
Caseworker/SSA (Current Employee) –  North Portland, ORSeptember 13, 2016
I know many employees here do this hard work to help children. It is the government, and with it there comes many shortfalls due to many aspects, such as policy, lack of funds and lack of community involvement.

The agency has a lot of improvement to make to help these families become successful, as well as improving the well being of their workers.
Pros
Pers
Cons
High stress work
Great Opportunity
Transportation Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 12, 2016
It's hard to write a review when I haven't been with the company that long. Training is long and rigorous. It takes a lot of dedication and discipline. Once upon a time, when serving my country in the United States Air Force, I took an oath to protect this country against all enemies, foreign and domestic. It's an honor to be able to take that oath again and be apart of something bigger than myself. The job is enjoyable so far and it definitely has plenty of opportunity to move up within the company.
It has been life changing for me.
Homecare worker (Current Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORSeptember 6, 2016
It has given me a chance to really give back to others. I have enjoyed being able to be there for my clients through good and bad and make a real difference in there lives. The most rewarding job I have ever had.
Pros
Very rewarding
Cons
No breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHS. Our community is ready to answer.