Join DiVal Safety Equipment, Inc., a nationwide, multi-million dollar company, in our Buffalo, New York headquarters. Come and work within the dynamic and fast-paced Purchasing Department. The primary goals of this position include ordering goods and/or services to maintain proper inventory and customer service levels and communicate price and stock changes within the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide responsive, pleasant and thorough support to outside vendors and within DiVal by providing product information, availability, and pricing.
- Negotiate and purchase goods and/or services at the most competitive price.
- Work closely with the Purchasing Manager to meet the goals of the Purchasing Department.
- Possess the willingness and passion to work with all departments to resolve issues affecting order, receipt, cost, inventory level, etc.
- Provide responsive and knowledgeable support to field sales representatives.
- Provide a positive presence and input to our exceptional DiVal team.
Skills and Requirements
- Pleasant and engaging service-related disposition required.
- Professional communication skills, both written and verbal, with strong typing skills required.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills a must.
- A quick learner who possesses the ability to make sound business decisions based on experience and training.
- Ability to work with others in a dynamic, high-energy environment.
- Well versed in basic math with strong organization skills.
- Advanced skills in AS400, Microsoft Office, web browsing and PC based software preferred.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent along with 2 to 4 years of experience in a distributor purchasing position preferred.
- Knowledge in and industrial supply fields is a plus!
Competitive wage, medical and dental benefits, 401K and paid time off.
DiVal Safety Equipment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Indeed - 10 months ago