Diageo Employee Reviews

OK Place
Risk Manager (Former Employee), Baltimmore, MDJune 17, 2014
Great Pay and Insurance. No work/life balance. Long hours, high management turnover.
High Energy, Dynamic and Performance Driven
North America Learning Specialist (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTJune 1, 2014
I spend the majority of my time partnering with our HR Business Partners to create and execute learning plans for all functions in North America. I manage a number of stakeholders and have visibility to senior leadership. Most of my co-workers are remote so I spend a significant amount of time connecting via email and phone. The hardest part of my current role was to get up to speed quickly on the expectations of my stakeholders and become the expert in our region on learning interventions. I enjoy my role because it allows me to positively impact our organization and help to build capabilities thus affecting the quality of our talent.
Challenge and joy of Africa
Route to Consumer Supply Implementation Manager (Former Employee), Netherlands, Cameroon, GhanaMay 26, 2014
I got the opportunity to move as an Expat to Africa.
I am now experiencing Ghana and before Cameroon.
This job is into project management to move from current route to market (Key distributors ) to a 1000 customers (retailers, wholesalers...).
That brings to set up several new distribution centers and the adequate service to supply and satisfy our new customers.
I work in a friendly environment.
Challenges seat mainly to move at the right pace considering all challenges that Africa can bring.
The most enjoyable part is when we move into action like recently the depot for pilot went live and we started supplying new customers.
Also, I really enjoy when assumptions are confirmed, processes are working and costs related match what we expected.
I dont give up easily and I like when I am facing strong challenges.
I also believe deeply in the power of the relationships that can unlock and enable anything.
Dynamic and forward thinking company
Marketing Director (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 21, 2014
Pros: fun events & employee perks
Cons: long hours & no work/life balance
Diageo is a great place to work with world class brands with a diverse culture and thinking. As with all large companies that are owned by shareholders, you have to contuously drive profit through innovation and keeping costs low. This makes for a very fast paced & ambitious work environment, but most of the employees thrive under this type of pressure, as the results and acheivements are so rewarding. But at the same time, it has become less fun and more relentless as the years have gone on.
Money focused
Human Resources Director (Current Employee), NorwalkMay 19, 2014
Company is money focused. They talk about engagement until there is a slip in the numbers. While employees are being terminated, management is getting promotions.
Nice place to work
Finished Goods Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Relay, MDMay 8, 2014
Pros: free give aways
Cons: to far away from home long commute
Loading and unloading of merchandise,learned how to blend different liquors management was has on but with respect to your knowledge co workers were like family hardest part of my job was leaving most enjoyable part was the friendships you develop.
great team, dinamic position
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Guaynabo, PRMay 5, 2014
Pros: good pay, flexible hours
Cons: temporary job
Excellent workplace and coworkers.
Different responsibilities and tasks.
Represent a company of good quality products.
Diageo
Laborer (Former Employee), Plainfield, ILMarch 25, 2014
Pros: good pay, friendly co-workers and managers
Cons: 12 hour shifts
12 hour manual labor shifts kept me busy everyday. Friendly co-workers and managers would treat you like an equal. The hardest part of the job was simply the fast pace and heavy lifting in repetition. Everyday was basically the same. The most enjoyable part of the job was always having somebody to talk to. Everyone worked as a team and it showed.
Fum
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 12, 2014
Diageo was a very good company to work for. Everyone there was really great to work with.
Used to be a great place
Captain Morgan (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: great benefits, pub nights
Cons: reorgs
DIAGEO used to be a great place to work, but they reorganize constantly and good people are let go for no valid reason.
Best Job
MKTG Alcohol Promoter (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: meeting people, flexible hours, great pay, great managers
Cons: not enough work
I love this job so much! Diageo (MKTG) is run by mostly women, they are so helpful and supportive. It is a flexible job. A typical day at work includes arriving 15 minutes early to the venue to set up. Then setting up a beautiful display. The job really starts once all of that is set up. Once the display is set up, I interact with consumers and inform them about the brand and products. Every time, I work I learn how to get people to open up, market products, make sales, represent brands, and find new ways to support the products and brand. My coworkers are helpful and friendly, because the best way to achieve success in this company is to work as a team. A team sells the most! The hardest part of the job is when customers object to the promotion or brand. However, I find it fun to learn how to sell despite these objections. The most enjoyable part of the job is to meet new and interesting fun people!
Fun work place
Billing & Compliance Senior Financial Data Analyst (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: the in-house cafeteria is a bonus also the thurday bar nights had some interesting entertainment.
Cons: commute & traffic leading up to this building is horrible.
Many challenges the re-org done every year makes the employees feel uneasy and uncertain. The diversity of employees and accounts are always fun & a challenge at the same time.
great culture, helpful colleagues
Financial Systems & Reporting Analyst (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: office has a great set up.
Cons: parking garage gets cold
Fun place to work. Constant innovation. There is a ton of accounts and products for you to continually learn.
Very Fun Workplace
Employee Relations Contractor (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTDecember 24, 2013
Pros: great team
Cons: job security
Diageo is a fun workplace. We have happy hour each Thursday on the top floor which allows me to get to know my other co-workers.
Big Opportunity, ever-evolving business
Category Manager (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CADecember 17, 2013
Best part is working in a developing field in such a dynamic and fluid industry
Great people; great company
Legal Intern (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTDecember 7, 2013
An amazing industry to work in and a great place to work and learn. Never a dull day and the weekly pub nights are a blast!
Great Place to work
On Premise Account Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 27, 2013
Great work life balance. I would recommend as a place to work to anyone.
Great Brands, mostly great people, limited career growth
Director (Current Employee), NorwalkNovember 22, 2013
Great Brands, top 1 or 2 in every category, and a host of "secondary" brands that many other companies would dedicate more resource to growing. People for the most part are great coworkers - smart, dedicated, passionate, collaborative and individually responsible. There are exceptions of course, some in leadership roles. Good benefits and value-based organizational philosophy. Downside: opportunities for career growth are limited and becoming fewer, and ongoing headcount reduction (despite solid business performance) further limits growth prospects for most.

Net, the company will do very well for shareholders and senior leaders. Good place to be if your career goals are modest, not so if professional growth is a priority.
Good Company
Regional Promotions Marketing Manager (Former Employee), MassachusettsOctober 7, 2013
Great benefits and they are the leader; definitely a creative firm.
Wonderful environment
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTOctober 7, 2013
Very fast paced work environment with great team players and a lot of work so there isn't a dull moment.
Headquarters