Diageo Employee Reviews

Great company with an entrepreneurial environment.
Transformation Priorities Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 26, 2014
Typical day at work:
- Listen to phone messages and review any unread emails from the day prior.
- Set tasks to complete for the day.
- Get on calls with management and or co-workers to discuss programs, issues, ways of working, etc...
- Get on calls with distributor to discuss programs, current state of business, issues, accomplishments, etc...

What I learned:
- What I learned is this is a company for competitors. This is not a bad thing. In my opinion, most of the employees are competing so hard to beat the next person out that often there is disregard for your fellow employees well being. The competiveness is good to a certain point but at times appears to be callus. Alignment with the right VP/GM's is the key to survival in this company. One cannot survive the constant re-orgs without it.

The hardest part of the job:
Simply put, the hardest thing to do here is to rebuild programs that have been sent to execute without being thought out or complete. I found there was a constant re-building of programs that should be ready to go.

Co Workers:
Some of my co-workers in my opinion are some of the brightest people I've ever met.

The most enjoyable part of the job:
Representing some of the biggest and best Spirit brands in the world. That's a good feeling.
Pros
great brands
Cons
callus approach to managing business and people.
Fast Paced Company with aggressive Targets
Supply Innovation & Brand Change Manager (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLNovember 12, 2014
Freedom to succeed with aggressive targets in place. Amazing brands.
Pros
weekly social hours
Cons
constant reorgs
Will soon be completely outsourced
Manager IRS Audit, Int'l Tax, Gov't Relations (Former Employee) –  NorwalkOctober 20, 2014
Does not respect their employees below the VP level. Has been outsourcing many departments over the last few years.
One of the Big Four
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTSeptember 12, 2014
One of the Big Four companies doing Audit, Tax and Compliance
Fun company to work for.
Receptionist, Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAAugust 6, 2014
This was a great company to work for with lots of fun things to offer both employees and customers.
Tough culture but rewarding
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Norwalk CTAugust 5, 2014
Culture somewhat snooty. Okay for a pit stop in your career but nothing long term
Quit a job that I shouldn't have for this one.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, ILJuly 18, 2014
This job is terribly managed. Only worked there for a year. I worked my butt off and any of them care less. They made sure they won an award for best place to work in Illinois then two weeks later announced layoffs and lower people's pay drastically. That company ruined a lot of people lives. They was not losing money at all. Just greed that has to come from the share holders. I found out first time what birddog meant never heard that word before. When I say terribly manage we found emails that was sent from manager to manager in detail to "birddog" employees. This is upper management! Now a CEO can make decision to layoff but he make 11mill a year? I will never understand that but I guess that's the way things are. I had a job before I worked there. I thought I can make more and enjoy working for a reputable company. That wasn't the case. Their attitude and this is all the way up the chain of this company is : keep them drunk make more money. Because if alcohol wasn't addictive then they wouldn't be in business.
Solid place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJune 25, 2014
Solid place to work...lots of change. Sometimes loses its way in terms of what it is trying to accomplish.
OK Place
Risk Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimmore, MDJune 17, 2014
Great Pay and Insurance. No work/life balance. Long hours, high management turnover.
High Energy, Dynamic and Performance Driven
North America Learning Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJune 1, 2014
I spend the majority of my time partnering with our HR Business Partners to create and execute learning plans for all functions in North America. I manage a number of stakeholders and have visibility to senior leadership. Most of my co-workers are remote so I spend a significant amount of time connecting via email and phone. The hardest part of my current role was to get up to speed quickly on the expectations of my stakeholders and become the expert in our region on learning interventions. I enjoy my role because it allows me to positively impact our organization and help to build capabilities thus affecting the quality of our talent.
Challenge and joy of Africa
Route to Consumer Supply Implementation Manager (Former Employee) –  Netherlands, Cameroon, GhanaMay 26, 2014
I got the opportunity to move as an Expat to Africa.
I am now experiencing Ghana and before Cameroon.
This job is into project management to move from current route to market (Key distributors ) to a 1000 customers (retailers, wholesalers...).
That brings to set up several new distribution centers and the adequate service to supply and satisfy our new customers.
I work in a friendly environment.
Challenges seat mainly to move at the right pace considering all challenges that Africa can bring.
The most enjoyable part is when we move into action like recently the depot for pilot went live and we started supplying new customers.
Also, I really enjoy when assumptions are confirmed, processes are working and costs related match what we expected.
I dont give up easily and I like when I am facing strong challenges.
I also believe deeply in the power of the relationships that can unlock and enable anything.
Dynamic and forward thinking company
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 21, 2014
Diageo is a great place to work with world class brands with a diverse culture and thinking. As with all large companies that are owned by shareholders, you have to contuously drive profit through innovation and keeping costs low. This makes for a very fast paced & ambitious work environment, but most of the employees thrive under this type of pressure, as the results and acheivements are so rewarding. But at the same time, it has become less fun and more relentless as the years have gone on.
Pros
fun events & employee perks
Cons
long hours & no work/life balance
Money focused
Human Resources Director (Current Employee) –  NorwalkMay 19, 2014
Company is money focused. They talk about engagement until there is a slip in the numbers. While employees are being terminated, management is getting promotions.
Nice place to work
Finished Goods Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Relay, MDMay 8, 2014
Loading and unloading of merchandise,learned how to blend different liquors management was has on but with respect to your knowledge co workers were like family hardest part of my job was leaving most enjoyable part was the friendships you develop.
Pros
free give aways
Cons
to far away from home long commute
great team, dinamic position
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRMay 5, 2014
Excellent workplace and coworkers.
Different responsibilities and tasks.
Represent a company of good quality products.
Pros
good pay, flexible hours
Cons
temporary job
Diageo
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, ILMarch 25, 2014
12 hour manual labor shifts kept me busy everyday. Friendly co-workers and managers would treat you like an equal. The hardest part of the job was simply the fast pace and heavy lifting in repetition. Everyday was basically the same. The most enjoyable part of the job was always having somebody to talk to. Everyone worked as a team and it showed.
Pros
good pay, friendly co-workers and managers
Cons
12 hour shifts
Fum
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 12, 2014
Diageo was a very good company to work for. Everyone there was really great to work with.
Used to be a great place
Captain Morgan (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTFebruary 17, 2014
DIAGEO used to be a great place to work, but they reorganize constantly and good people are let go for no valid reason.
Pros
great benefits, pub nights
Cons
reorgs
Best Job
MKTG Alcohol Promoter (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 5, 2014
I love this job so much! Diageo (MKTG) is run by mostly women, they are so helpful and supportive. It is a flexible job. A typical day at work includes arriving 15 minutes early to the venue to set up. Then setting up a beautiful display. The job really starts once all of that is set up. Once the display is set up, I interact with consumers and inform them about the brand and products. Every time, I work I learn how to get people to open up, market products, make sales, represent brands, and find new ways to support the products and brand. My coworkers are helpful and friendly, because the best way to achieve success in this company is to work as a team. A team sells the most! The hardest part of the job is when customers object to the promotion or brand. However, I find it fun to learn how to sell despite these objections. The most enjoyable part of the job is to meet new and interesting fun people!
Pros
meeting people, flexible hours, great pay, great managers
Cons
not enough work
Fun work place
Billing & Compliance Senior Financial Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTFebruary 1, 2014
Many challenges the re-org done every year makes the employees feel uneasy and uncertain. The diversity of employees and accounts are always fun & a challenge at the same time.
Pros
the in-house cafeteria is a bonus also the thurday bar nights had some interesting entertainment.
Cons
commute & traffic leading up to this building is horrible.