Diageo Employee Reviews

Wonderful environment
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTOctober 7, 2013
Very fast paced work environment with great team players and a lot of work so there isn't a dull moment.
A very forward thinking company
Supplier Performance Manager (Former Employee), Plainfield, ILSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: free liquor samples every month was great
Cons: very little formal support system in place.
The on-boarding process was very rough and there was little to no guidance from my immediate supervisor.
Productive place and well maintained.
LINE TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee), plainfield, IlJuly 22, 2013
Cons: management is very unorganized.
A day at work is a very busy and productive day. my job is to assist any operator on different lines by doing the miscellaneous jobs such has dumping bottles, diposing broken and contaminated glass, running certain parts of the line when operators need to go to break or lunch and call off.
Nice Place too work
Intern (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 27, 2013
Pros: free lunch sometimes
Very Busy all the time . i have learned how to work in face pace environment. My co-workers are really nice and helpful.
Fun working environment with a pool table
Billing Analyst (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTJune 26, 2013
Pros: fun working environment
A typical day at work is to work hard so you can enjoy a game of pool at lunch.

Majority of the co-workers are easy going and fun to be around in and out of work
Productive place with a lot of experience
Maintenance Team Leader (MTL) (Current Employee), Relay, MDJune 4, 2013
Lovely Environment.Wonderful people.Opprotunity to grow
Very nice place to work
Safety and Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee), Halethorpe, MDApril 18, 2013
My normal day at Diageo consisted of auditing the 6 production lines for any glass breaks, dirty cleaning items, and personal hygiene. I was on a 3 month contract, which was extended 6 months because of my performance. I was eventually let go as part of a plant wide layoff resulting in a decline from ~300 jobs to ~50
Great work life balance
Transportation Analyst - Domestic Bulk (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTApril 12, 2013
Diageo is a wonderful place to work. Its a growing organization that is constantly evolving. Each year employees are expected to be more productive with less resources.
very nice company
DESKTOP SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTApril 7, 2013
win 7 refresh project .replacing laptops/desktops and data migration as well as support users.
customer is very cooperative and give you the requirements very clearly.
LEAD. BI Consultant (Current Employee), NEW YORKMarch 19, 2013
customer is very cooperative and give you the requirements very clearly.
Great Place to Work
HR Specialist (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTMarch 14, 2013
Great place to learn, work and advance your career. There are some challenges around leadership standards however, employees makes the best of this company.
Very successful company,provides great opportunity for advancement.
Customer Service Coordinator and Clerical (Former Employee), Menlo Park, CAMarch 12, 2013
Pros: annual inventory events with breakfast and lunch.
I was always happy to come to work, people in the warehouse was so friendly, helpful and respectful to others.
I learned many cultural values by associating with people that came from different countries.
I was fortunate to have worked with so many supportive management staff at Diageo Menlo Park Plant.
My co-workers were very understanding, always ready to offer help when needed.
The hardest part for me was how to manage irate drivers when they arrived for pick up and product was not available due to warehouse issues.
The most enjoyable, when I completed all my assigned duties plus more before leaving work and start fresh the next day.
Great Employer
Decision Support Analyst (Current Employee), MiamiMarch 10, 2013
Company is good. Great growth opportunities worldwide. Learned a lot. Salary is competitive. Lots of travel.
Work hard & play hard
US Sales & Pricing Analytics Manager (Current Employee), Bentonville, ARFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: travel & product stipened
Cons: travel (work doesn't stop)
Work with around 600 distributors (beer, wine, spirits) servicing Walmart and dealing with Walmart buying team. Manage the Diageo vendor manage process, set-up new products, assign products to stores. Set-up new store & new license stores into VIP system for distriburtors to price product. Run RL (Adhoc) reports when price does not match distributor invoice at store level. View VIP error reports and work with distributors & Walmart to correct. Work with National Account Manager to maintain special retails on Walmart monthly request. Work with Walmart Price team to maintain margins. Maintain & key monthly pricing for the control states, e.g. IA, MI, WV, WY, ME, & NH.
team effort
OPERATIONS-PROCESSING TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Menlo Park, CAFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: started as a forklift oper, got the chance to become a processing tech
Cons: plant closed
calculate proper ingredients used in receipts mixes. Perform all job functions safely.Meetings every day, co-workers willing to help,we were a team.To prove yourself as a self starter.
Great place and management is hands on
Contractor (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: benefits, flexibility to move around.
Cons: layoffs once a year in certain areas.
I worked in operations for over a yr. Although I was a temp, I was treated equally and as long as you did your work and were a team player, you were successful. Great benefits and a flexibel scheule for the full time reps. Some are even able to work from home 2 days a week or during bad weather. Would defintly recommend applying. Unfortuntealy, there were not any jobs open for me to apply to.
This is a great place to work
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 12, 2012
Pros: free liquor, free parties, free lunch
Cons: short breaks, overwhelming, allot of overtime involved.
A typical day here is very efficient, filled with meetings and event planning.

I learned how to be a better manager here

Co-workers responded to me in an efficient manner

Hardest part of the job was firing people

The most enjoyable part of the job was the free booze!
Extremely fast paced. Exciting brands to work on. high energy
Director (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 14, 2012
A lot of VERY smart marketing people at Diageo. High energy. A little too much going on at one time. too many agencies vying for business. a lot of pressure to compete with others
Great environment to work
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTSeptember 28, 2012
Great company and great people to work with. They are one of the biggest beverage manufacturers and the work and company environment.
Great place to work.
Packing/Filler Machine Operator (Former Employee), Arbutus, MDSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: work/your personal life
Bottling Alcoholic Beverages, Operates manufacturing equipment that supplies raw materials to the production line and/or fills, caps, seals, labels or packages product. Removes damaged product or supplies, as needed. Maintains required product inspection process. Performs basic troubleshooting and minor repairs to ensure production equipment runs efficiently. - Operate and monitor line, removing or shifting materials and/or finished product as necessary to facilitate proper flow and machine operation -Ensure package quality -Operate all manufacturing equipment efficiently and safely -Clean equipment and area during and after shift -Maintain clean work area throughout good house-keeping practices -Expedite repairs to line; with maintenance as necessary -Keep daily records of down time and machine operations
Headquarters