Diageo Employee Reviews

Fork Lift Driver
Fork Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Elkridge, MDOctober 20, 2015
I worked for Seagrams/Diageo since 1981. I had several jobs with the latest being a fork lift driver. In the course of a day I would pick orders, wrap the orders and load the trucks.
Pros
People were nice
Cons
trucks not on time
Productive fun workplace with good, knowlegable people
Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTOctober 7, 2015
Opportunities for both personal and professional growth.
Great onsite and offsite activities to improve and strengthen team relations.
Beautiful building with a nice work atmosphere.
Pros
Shuttle from train station
Cons
not a direct employee
Loved the jobs and the people!
Operator (Former Employee) –  Relay, MDSeptember 10, 2015
The best part of my job was being able to work with minimal supervision along side of a great crew. The worst part was when the machinery would break down, and sometimes red tape and politics caused delay in resolution. I am grateful to have been awarded the opportunity to learn more and more each day.
Pros
social events, healthcare, wages
Cons
short breaks, sometimes micro managed
Best Brands in the Industry!
Sales Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 27, 2015
Diageo is a great place to work. The brands are second to none and when dealing with a global company of this size, the lessons learned are invaluable.
Fast paced working environment with a highly engaged workforce
Maintenance Team Lead/Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 12, 2015
I have had the opportunity to grow my leadership as a manager. Additionally I was able to lead the sites outreach programs to work with local communities on clean ups programs as well as helping children in need during the holidays.
Pros
Benifits were awesome
Cons
Work/life balance was not very good.
Nice place to work, Great pay and great benefits
SiteTrainer/Shipping Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Relay, MDAugust 2, 2015
Morning meetings to determine what material to run. Fed machine with product material (i.e. glass). Receive raw material for Bottling Department. OSHA Certified Forklift Trainer.
Finance Specialist -Regional Finance (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJuly 9, 2015
Full a/p cycle including vendor statement reconcilations, PO creation in SAP, PO amendments, dealing with overpayment/underpayment to vendors.

posting manual checks, credit memo's to proper GL's.

assist in month end closing by reclassing the funds.
Was a great place to work. truly loved my job.
Machinist / Bottling and Plant Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Baltimore MarylandJuly 6, 2015
I love my job, management was engaging and informative with
day to day needs. My maintenance co-workers are some of the best
in the area, we show this by making sure each one of us stays safe
while accomplishing all our task quickly.
The day starts with a morning meeting with our lead man, Then on
to the production floor to get the lines started. At this point I will monitor the packer for any trouble spots that Brenton is known for.
Working my way up the line to verify that all the equipment is
functioning properly, I then will go to the work shop to receive my daily check list. After doing the check list I maintain a presence
on the production line so I can answer any call promptly.
This is the hardest part of my job (waiting).
Pros
Worked with some great people
Cons
long drive
Great Benefits; very nice people to work for
Executive Assistant to the SVP of HR (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 27, 2015
Diageo is a great company to work for. The people are very pleasant and helpful in every way. Management helps you to advance in your current position.
Pros
Social hours every Thursdays
Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, ILApril 27, 2015
I loved working here but the only IT opening for me was in New York and I couldn't leave. I started working here while finishing my undergrad and once I graduated, I wanted something in my field. I would go back if there was something in this state... that's how much I liked it.
A good place to work with friendly people.
Dry Supply Bottling Team Member (Former Employee) –  Relay, MDApril 16, 2015
The ability to learn new things. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in the dry supply dept,and working in the quality control lab.
Great company, but ALWAYS layoffs, so it lacks stability
Finance Manager, Global Licensing (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 31, 2015
REALLY enjoyed working for this company, but the upper level folks always make decisions that don't seem to work out, do another re-org, and then lay the lower level people off. It's a constant churn about every 18 months. I'd be VERY wary of the stability here.
Pros
Quarterly allotment and Work/Life balance
Cons
OLD stale people in the decision making roles
Representing iconic Guinness brand
Market Development Manager-Ohio East (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 23, 2015
Diageo - Guinness USA role consisted of managing four wholesalers in the Ohio East market - NE Ohio territory.

In charge of all aspects of the market, which were able to help me grow in my role and learn the basics in market management position.

Representing iconic brand such as Guinness was very exciting.

Developing relationships in the market with both wholesalers and retailers was rewarding.
Pros
Solid core brands
Cons
Role stability due to brand extension risk
Fun learning experience in the making of alcohol.
Line Team Member (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, ILMarch 20, 2015
Days at Diageo varied by crews and position. On a 12 hour shift, a typical day at work varied. There were either very productive work days where records were broken, or days where we would stand around not being able to run a line. I've learned the responsibilities it takes to prepare and ship out alcohol. Management is great and takes care of issues right away, they show great recognition, and are always available when needed. Co-workers are very helpful and kind. Nights can go by very fast if lines are running and work is being done, but when lines go down that we have no control over, the hardest part on a 12 hour shift can be staying awake trying to look for work to do. Being very productive and getting orders done in time is the most enjoyable part.
Pros
Free alcohol giveaways.
Excellent environment
Legal Extern, Global Intellectual Property (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMarch 4, 2015
Great attorneys who afforded externs a fantastic opportunity to learn the ins and outs of global intellectual property. There is also a bar in the office serving up new Diageo creations.
Layoffs breed excessive internal competition
Materials Planning Lead (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMarch 3, 2015
The company has layoffs every few months. It has created a pretty negative environment as everyone is trying to compete so they don't get laid off. It brings out the ugly in the folks I knew over the past 4 years.
Fun place to work
RESOURCING COORDINATOR - HR (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTDecember 29, 2014
A really busy but fun place to work. Very fast pace with a great culture.
It used to be a much stronger company in the past... unfortunately many positions are outsourcing overseas.
Great company with an entrepreneurial environment.
Transformation Priorities Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 26, 2014
Typical day at work:
- Listen to phone messages and review any unread emails from the day prior.
- Set tasks to complete for the day.
- Get on calls with management and or co-workers to discuss programs, issues, ways of working, etc...
- Get on calls with distributor to discuss programs, current state of business, issues, accomplishments, etc...

What I learned:
- What I learned is this is a company for competitors. This is not a bad thing. In my opinion, most of the employees are competing so hard to beat the next person out that often there is disregard for your fellow employees well being. The competiveness is good to a certain point but at times appears to be callus. Alignment with the right VP/GM's is the key to survival in this company. One cannot survive the constant re-orgs without it.

The hardest part of the job:
Simply put, the hardest thing to do here is to rebuild programs that have been sent to execute without being thought out or complete. I found there was a constant re-building of programs that should be ready to go.

Co Workers:
Some of my co-workers in my opinion are some of the brightest people I've ever met.

The most enjoyable part of the job:
Representing some of the biggest and best Spirit brands in the world. That's a good feeling.
Pros
Great brands
Cons
Callus approach to managing business and people.
Fast Paced Company with aggressive Targets
Supply Innovation & Brand Change Manager (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLNovember 12, 2014
Freedom to succeed with aggressive targets in place. Amazing brands.
Pros
Weekly Social Hours
Cons
Constant Reorgs
Will soon be completely outsourced
Manager IRS Audit, Int'l Tax, Gov't Relations (Former Employee) –  NorwalkOctober 20, 2014
Does not respect their employees below the VP level. Has been outsourcing many departments over the last few years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diageo. Our community is ready to answer.