Diagnostic Clinic of Longview Employee Reviews

dcol was a good company to work for
lvn clinic nurse (Former Employee) –  longview,txAugust 17, 2015
worked for 17 years for same in md in family practice clinic until he retired in 7/2015.good company to work for enjoyed meeting many different types of people over the years
Pros
i sceduled all the lunches in our clinic
Cons
politics in clinic environment
excellent work staff, clean and organized lab
phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  1400 hollybrook drive bldg 707August 12, 2015
my typical day at work was an exciting learning experience daily. I learned many important skills such as how to use a processing machine, and how to help a person who has fainted. The management in the lab were easy to work with and made protocol and procedures easy to understand. the management were also a very educational set of people who made my experience at the lab an exceptional part of training. My co-workers were not just co-workers, we were a team and were ready and willing to work together to make the lab a great lab for our patients. The hardest part of this job was learning how to use the different computer systems. after using the programs a few times, I was able to use them without problems. The most enjoyable part of working in this lab was working with the patients. I absolutely enjoy working in a lab and performing all duties necessary.
Pros
staff were happy and ready to help you learn
Cons
computer issues often
Excellent atmosphere for patients and employees
Physical Therapy Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJune 20, 2015
An enjoyable facility to work in, very cohesive group of people. Professional yet down to earth. Experienced management that love to share their knowledge.
Productive and great place to work.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMay 6, 2015
One of the greatest group of people to have worked for. They really cared about their employees. My typical day would be from 8-5:30. We worked as a team. Got things done as needed.
Educational. Enjoyed learning to apply knowledge to forward my career.
Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 30, 2015
patient billing, being able to self-assign my tasks for my daily routine.
Every other day taking patient calls, answering billing/statement questions, calling insurance companies, filing redeterminations and appeals, complying with HIPAA, coding, general Patient Account knowledge
It was very clean and well managed
Float Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Longview TXJuly 21, 2014
When I worked at the Diagnostic Clinic in 2009 it was my first time being in the medical field setting. Everyone was very polite and uplifting everyday.
Pros
drug reps also provided daily lunches
Good place to work, but very busy, understanding management
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMay 23, 2014
Great place to work in general after you get used to the high demand. They hire on a rotation basis, instead of for straight specific shifts. They may keep more people if they hired for the specific shifts, rather than rotating to have each one covered. The management is very understanding and they strive to work with you for the sake of the company and the patients. It is very busy and fast-paced. It is difficult to get breaks and they do have a big turnover of phlebotomists.
very productive not very much of a team working environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 25, 2014
A typical day at work would be setting up cystoscopy equipment, stocking my rooms, setting up for blood draws, bladder installations, prostate bx, testosterone injections, in and out cathethers, and vitals. Co-workers were enjoyable to work with at sometimes. We had many meetings due to employees not working as a team and others having arguments. The most enjoyable part of work was the wonderful doctor I work for and him and myself always work together as a team.
Great Company
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 5, 2014
Answered phones, scheduled patients, checked in and out patients, cashier, ICD -9 and CPT coding, packaged mammogram films, verified insurance. I learned something new everyday. The co-workers were great to work with and we supported each other.
Pros
great company with good patient care
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXDecember 5, 2013
Management was horrible at DCOL!! The employees are nice and fun to work with but I would never go back to DCOL at all..
job is secure
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXNovember 19, 2013
always busy, short staffed at times, employee benefits paid in full by employer.
Love the Medical Field
Insurance Representative for Commercial Insurance (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXOctober 10, 2013
I have always loved the Medical Field. I love the investigative part of Medical Billing/Coding. Also the aspect of looking at my job as if it was mine or a family members account I was working on and doing my best to make sure it was done right.
Good atmosphere
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  CardiologySeptember 22, 2013
Pros
good people, great doctors, benefits
Good Learning experience
Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 10, 2013
I begin my day by opening all the daily charts and stocking and setting up exam rooms. I pull patients to the rooms and obtain vital signs and reason for visit. I then talk to the provider and explain the patients concerns. Update the patients chart and administer medication if needed. Give physicians instructions and release to check out with reception.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
sometimes no lunch break.
Very Few Bady Days
LVN (Former Employee) –  Cardiology, Internal MedicineJuly 28, 2013
Great environment. Hectic at times but fun as well. Doc's were great. Learned a lot.

Comment – January 2, 2015

I miss them very badly. I loved working there. Wish I had never left.

A good place to work
Insurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXApril 12, 2013
Most of the time a good work atmosphere. Some days
a little stressful. Good management and wonderful Doctors.

As with any work environment there is always room for improvement.
Pros
management and doctors
Cons
not really any
I enjoyed working with my patients
Patient Care Asst (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXApril 9, 2013
I enjoyed working with my patients. They provided ins for the staff. Worked there for almost two years and never got an increase in pay. Upper management thought it was Ok for therapist talk down on staff in front of other people.
Pros
helping people achieve there goals to be more functional
Cons
no raise, ok for smokers to several breaks thru out the day and not others to be covered to break.
Productive work place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 23, 2013
the most enjoyable part of the job was an allowance for work uniforms.
Pros
work hours of 8-5 m-f
Cons
short breaks
not a very good place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 19, 2013
at work you are required to draw blood on patients of all ages, in a typical day the clinic will have drawn between 100- 500 patients. you will be required to stock, draw patients, spin blood, set up cultures, release blood, sanitize, check orders, dump blood, dump urine, put bio bags and containers in bi room and wait on patients at the same time and some times you are required to do that by your self.

The supervisor will not pick up slack or stay longer if needed. they will not let you take time off it they are busy but they will leave during peak time for hair appointments. the supervisor will leave randomly during the day for long smoke breaks which leaves the employees to try and obtain the phlebotomy area on top of drug screens. their are only 6 employees. its so unorganized, it makes your job stressful and un enjoyable.

employees are over worked and underpaid!!!!!! the supervisor will make employees open at 6:55am and stay until 7:15pm so they can go home on regular time with out having to cover a shift!!

your supposed to get an hour for lunch but after the supervisor takes lunch they will make you take short lunches so they don't have to pick up slack!! they do not give out raises or bonuses!!

employment turn a round is so high since employees are not appreciated!!
GOOD ENVIRONMENT,BENEFITS WERE GOOD,PAY WAS AVERAGE
OFFICE NURSE LVN (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXApril 6, 2012
I LOVED WORKING HERE,I HAD MY OWN OFFICE,GOOD PT.S,GOOD BOSSES,SOME OF THE CO WORKERS WERE HARD TO GET ALONG WITH BUT WE ALL MANAGED,
Pros
good working conditions
Cons
hours too long for a dr.s office