Grason-Stadler Inc. (GSI) is a world leader in audiometric assessment instrumentation and carries a full line of audiometers, tympanometers, otoacoustic emissions (OAE) and auditory evoked potential instruments. From school screenings to research facilities, GSI instruments have been the equipment of choice for audiological assessments throughout the world for over 50 years.
We are currently seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our team. This position will work within a team environment and will play a significant role helping us create the next generation GSI products. You will work on software applications to provide the user interface for hearing screening and diagnostic equipment. The work will including analysis, design, implementation, system level testing, manufacturing transfer, and post launch support. In addition, the senior software engineer is responsible for implementing complete systems and sub-systems utilizing software development best practices. Skills needed include a strong enthusiasm for UI development, problem solving skills, the ability to make sound technical decisions and knowledge of multiple software languages including, but not limited to: C# and C++ programming. . You must be independent, self-motivated worker requiring little supervision. This is a full time position. Priority will be given to candidates local to the Greater Twin Cities area.
- Development of the user interface, integration modules, and software drivers for interfacing with diagnostic hardware and related software applications.
- Software design, implementation, and testing according to corporate standards.
- Maintain applications by monitoring and correcting of software defects
- Develop and support software system testing and validation procedures.
- Proficient in all elements of software development and product development life cycle including: requirements definition, specification development, design documentation, coding and verification.
- Planning realistic development time schedules
- Support the creation, and enhancement of standards applying to the software development processes.
- Development of proper documentation to satisfy internal development procedures, FDA or regulatory quality system requirement.
- Contribute to user and operational documentation development together with the Marketing department.
- Staying current with technology in applicable disciplines.
- Bachelor's degree (BSEE, BSCS, BSCE) from a four-year college or university
- 8+ years of related programming experience.
- 5+ years of Windows (PC or CE) development experience; using C#, C++, Microsoft .NET, Visual Studio, XML, and Microsoft TFS.
- Ability to create and enhance the product development processes.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects at any given time.
- Self-starter/self initiator with the ability to learn the new skills required by the assigned tasks and/or projects.
- Experience with user interface development.
- Effective communication skills, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience interacting with hardware and firmware engineers to ensure a cohesive design.
- Experience with Windows CE 5
- Experience with NOAH
- SQL and C programming
- Embedded programming
- Background in medical equipment industry
- Familiarity with FDA quality system