Inventory Control Specialist / Analyst (San Leandro)
Company: Diagnostic Laboratories and Radiology
Position: Inventory Control Specialist / Analyst
Location: San Leandro, CA
Company Description: Founded in 1927, Diagnostic Laboratories and Radiology, a subsidiary of Trident USA Health Services, offers a comprehensive range of laboratory, radiology, ultrasound and EKG services to skilled nursing facilities, healthcare facilities, physicians and correctional markets in the western United States.
Trident USA, the market leader in over 30 states, provides bed side diagnostic services to over 10,000 post-acute facilities across the country.
Diagnostic Laboratories has an immediate opening for an Inventory Control Specialist / Analyst in its San Leandro, CA office. This position will report directly to the Regional General Manager and the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis. The management team is looking for a motivated and high-performing individual with strong analytical and communication skills. This person must be well organized, detailed orientated and a team player.
This individual will be responsible for implementation of our Inventory Management & Control program at both the main and satellite locations across the Northwestern United States.
The Inventory Control Specialist / Analyst will be responsible for maintaining inventory integrity by developing processes, auditing records, analyzing data, determining root cause of inventory and utilization issues and recommending countermeasures to avoid future discrepancies.
The Inventory Control Specialist / Analyst will also oversee the day to day operations of our small warehouse including record keeping, ordering, receiving, stocking, and inventory control & supply distribution.
- Review inventory & utilization reports, research inventory variances, determine causes for variances, gather supporting information and update inventory management systems with corrections. Recommend and implement methods and procedures to minimize waste and avoid future discrepancies
- Perform month-end inventory activities such as cycle counts, data entry, reconciliation, forecasting and report preparation. Review reports and supporting documentation for shortages & discrepancies; researches, determine root cause and presents findings to management.
- Recommend and implement inventory control policies and processes. Further develop procedures and train personnel (on-site and remote) on inventory practices to ensure accuracy of inventory.
- Perform and manage the day to day operations of a small warehouse. Responsibilities include ordering, stocking, receiving, distribution and FedEx outbound shipping. This position will also manage the warehouse clerk.
The ideal candidate is a quick learner who, after a short ramp up period, is productive with little to no supervision. This candidate will gain invaluable experience within the healthcare industry while working within an operating company during a time of growth.
This dynamic role is ideal for a candidate interested logistics, purchasing and/or inventory management & control and is seeking to leverage his/her skills.
Light travel will be required.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Fully understand and demonstrate knowledge of warehouse and distribution operations or have
the ability to learn quickly
Excellent Excel skills required (an excel test will be given)
Must be self-motivated and able to work with little to no supervision
Ability to lift, push, pull or carry up to 50 lbs. and bend, kneel, climb and squat
- Analytic Skills: Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results.
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Influencing & Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action
- Systems and Tools Acumen: Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (Microsoft Excel test will be given prior to offer), and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- Collaboration: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Insurance: Life, Health, Vision & Dental*
- Paid Vacation*
- 401(k) Plan*
- Paid Legal Holidays*
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance*
*Eligibility requirements apply