DIAGNOSTIC LABORATORIES

DIAGNOSTIC LABORATORIES Employer Reviews

Third Party Payor A.R. Rep (Former Employee), Burbank, CASeptember 22, 2014
Productive, learned various billing methods, and provider process, encountered alternatives ways to process claims.
Very unprofessional management
laboratory department (Current Employee), San Leandro, CASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: monthly celebration for bday celebrants. a lot of food.
Cons: more extra work but no raise.
When I started working here, I was really imppressed and really organized company and very competative. Now that I've been here for the past year, I just realized how this company very unfair. You worked for them for a long time but then they don't give you the right rate that you deserved but instead they pay more for new employees. So unfair. They – more... don't give raise once you reached the maximum rate for your position. – less
Not a good choice of Employer
Specimen Processor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 16, 2014
Pros: none that i can see
Cons: morale, pay, disorganized, no room for advancement...
Working for this company will guarantee you this: long hours, money coming OUT of your own pocket, no benefits, low morale, and poor management. I can not speak for the corporate location in Burbank, but I can tell you that working for their Las Vegas office was a nightmare.

I'll start with the awful management staff. I have never encountered more – more... poorly organized management in all my life. A lab should not be run this way or by such unorganized people. They had no idea how to schedule, how to run a lab or what separations of duties means. Want a day off? Forget about it! They want you to work seven days a week with no over time. (I'm serious! That is what they asked.)

The compensation was hardly worth coming to work at all. The amount of money spent driving my own car and the insulting amount of pay made this job near impossible to stomach. In the end, the amount of money I spent on gas and wear on my car made my pay check a wash. I made barely enough money to keep gas in my tank. I was using my own car for this company with little to no compensation and even less appreciation.

Being an employee for this company keeps your morale at an all time low. I had not met one person who worked there that had one good thing to say about it. Honestly, I'm surprised at even mediocre reviews of this location. I met a few cool people working there but most people there were either on their way out or there because they couldn't make it anywhere else. Also, don't expect raises or reviews.

Having worked in other labs before, I seriously question their standards, ethics and abilities. Some practices that they have have to be illegal or at least sub-par.

The moral is: if you are in desperate need of a job, work for Diagnostic Labs. At least you'd have a job. However, if you'd like to get paid for the work you do and not have impossible surprises everyday, keep looking. It'll be worth it in the end. – less
Fast Paced Mobile phlebotomy
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 23, 2014
Pros: company car, no using personal vehicle
Cons: small salary, little time off, terrible benefits
A typical day consists of collecting your supplies and paperwork then waiting for the dispatcher to send out all of your draws via text message to your company issued phone then you use a company vehicle to drive to the nursing facility or rehab center to draw the patients blood and either deliver it to the central hospital for processing or process – more... it at the office and prepare it to be shipped out for testing. Hours of operation for this company were from midnight on call to 3am then 3am-7am morning shift then 7-2 oncall and 2pm 10pm night shift. You work alone, the valley is split up between techs. The hardest part about this job is the schedule. You will be tired that is a given. It is a perfect job for single people, but not for anyone with children, you will work your full 40 hours plus plenty of on call and they will call you to drive 2 hours for a pick up at 3 am. – less
very productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), San Leandro, CAMay 7, 2014
This is a very unpredictable work place. It can be really busy one hour and the next you will have nothing to do.
Co-workers are very helpful in any type of way.
dispatching in a high work flow enviroment, heavy phone calls
Lead- Mobile X-ray Dispatcher (Former Employee), Burbank, CAMay 2, 2014
Dispatching local x ray techs to appropriate locations for work, high volume calls in a fast paced environment.
rewarding job
mobile phlebotomist LPN (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 2, 2014
Pros: learn the city very well, patients are awesome
Cons: unpaid ot, unfair workplace to a degree, hard on your car
It's okay to work there but no advancement. If you weren't part of the "click" then you were not treated fairly. I gave a detailed 2 week notice and got wonderful reviews while working there 7 months. But upon recent inquiry I learned I was put on the no rehire list. Never had that happen before.
Mobile Phlebotomist
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), San Leandro, CAMarch 2, 2014
I started my work day @ 3 am every morning. I drove around to different nursing homes all over the north bay, east bay, and south bay. I drew blood on elderly patients. I really enjoyed this
This is a pretty good company there is just no room for growth
3rd Party Billing/Denials Representative (Current Employee), Burbank, CAFebruary 24, 2014
I am looking for a career opportunity that is more rewarding in every way.
I am looking for a new career at your facility.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 6, 2014
I love my job and what i do, but i am looking for a stable environment with more hours.
Excellent Opportunity to gain new skills and experience
Routines Liaison (Current Employee), San Leandro, CADecember 28, 2013
Pros: adding several new skills to further my experience in the medical field
Cons: time management
I started my journey with this company as a specimen processor. I was required to work in a secure medical software program (CRT). I was able to utilize several of my skills such as: Medical Terminology, Data Entry, Scanning documents, and proper professional phone etiquette with various medical facilities. I developed new skills such as: leading and – more... training others, working in multiple computer screens, pushing myself to exceed deadlines, all while ensuring customer/client satisfaction of facility needs.
Later I was promoted to the routines department in which I assisted with Data Entry, the merging of documents, in addition to efficiently printing and preparing requisitions for dispersement for the six large regions that we provide service to. – less
nice coworkers. good company to start your carrer
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Burbank, CAOctober 29, 2013
Pros: the only pro to this company is that they hire people to there first phlebotomy job.
Cons: very low pay and there is no chance of advancemnt
Very early start time.
I learned to be calm and to take my time to learn from others.
The hardest part of the job was in the beginning. It felt like I was thrown into a lions cage. You learn by doing something wrong then you are told the correct way to do it.
Good career starter
Vascular Access Coordinator (Current Employee), Burbank, CAOctober 21, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, friendly people, company lunches
Cons: pay is low compared to others, poor management skills
I've been with the company for 2 years, and in these 2 years I have gained so much knowledge. I consider this a good stepping stone for my next career venture.
The people are great.
Laboratory Assistant, Phlebotomist (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CaSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: friendly
Cons: compay not paying on full mileage on my oun car expence.
Hard working co-workers. Nice place to work. Driving is the hardest part of the job. My typical day at work is not typical it is never the same. Something will change the day.
Growing private company
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 10, 2013
Pros: employee works independently unsupervised
Portable X ray service to your door and hundreds of independent senior facilities as clients. Company provides laboratory, ultrasound, and x ray services.
Very fast working environment
Mobile Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 5, 2013
It was a great experience, with great co-workers.I loved how it was a very fast paced environment where you were always on your feet. You would always have something to do and not have time to stand around.
Constant growth challenges with limited communication
Controller (Former Employee), Burbank, CAApril 25, 2013
Fast paced constant changing environment due to growth

Top level management lacked direction and effective communication

Co-workers were very supportive
Enjoyable workplace
phlebotomist (Former Employee), san bernardinoMarch 28, 2013
Pros: compensation and work enviorment
Cons: overtime was never paid
Helping patients in their overall health. I loved working independently and also doing teamwork with other co-workers. I love interacting with patients and nurses at the facilities i worked at.
Lots of pros and cons
Mobile Phlebotomist LPN (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 19, 2013
Pros: immediate supervisor is the greatest, not stuck in one place.
Cons: lots of wear and tear on your car, no job stability.
I started working for this company as a Mobile Phlebotomist / LPN per diem and quickly realized this was a great job. Basically you get your draws done, and you go home and get paid for a full day. There was a lot of opportunity to make a lot of money in a short time. As time went on, I proved my abilities and was offered a full time with benefits position. – more... A few months went by and I asked about my benefits, and my immediate supervisor checked on it for me. Now my supervisor is the best person to work for in the world, I would follow her to the ends of the earth, but the corporate managers and pretty shady. Nurses are considered very disposable when they can hire people with less education for less money. I was told my full time status was not approved yet, and probably wouldn't be since they are hiring straight phlebs now. – less
Scanner Technician
Scanner Technician (Former Employee), Burbank, CAJanuary 14, 2013
I really enjoyed working for this facility, everyone was very respectful well organized.