DIAGNOSTIC LABORATORIES Employee Reviews

Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKMay 11, 2017
I really enjoyed working for this company. I made a lot of new friends while working there. I've tried for several months to get hired back. I really miss being in the lab.
great place to work
Mobile Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 31, 2017
always have something to do never boring if you are a person that likes a fast pace work environment this is the place for you.
A great place to begin your Phlebotomy career
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAOctober 27, 2016
Each day is different on the job. Sometimes you get a different route and that means meeting new people. Most shifts start at 3 a.m. but you get off early. Set schedules and only have to work two weekend days a month.
Pros
get plenty experience, set schedule
Cons
little advancement and very little Full time positions available
It is nice to work on your own, they will work with you for your schedule
MOBILE PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 16, 2016
Good place to work overall, sometimes understaffed and we do not have the supplies we need at times. The job requires that you drive to different nursing facilities around the city and state and draw and pick up patients specimens.
Only work for this company if you need a job or need experience.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 15, 2016
Employed there for a little over 5 years. Did not get one raise. They always seemed to be short staffed and always tried to put as much work on one individual as they could.
They have the potential of becoming a very good company, but for some reason the management just can't get it right!
Pros
Take home car, working independantly, overtime.
Cons
No pay raises, incentives, low pay and the shortcomings of management
Productive and busy mobile company.
Mobile Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 12, 2016
For me, the hardest part was waking up 2am everyday for this job. But that was the only schedule that fit my schedule for the rest of the day, to go to college. Then i enjoy being off at 11:30am and take a long nap. It gets busy on Mondays and you have to be on top of things to get the blood draws done because some are fasting. It's a mobile company. One thing i like about it being mobile is that they pay for the mileage.
Pros
mileage money, no supervision
Cons
early morning shift, sometimes gets too busy, need better pay
A lot of empty promises
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 9, 2016
Was promised a lead position but they never followed through even though I was already working as lead. My supervisor always promised to hire more people that never happened. Top heavy when it came to management!
Pros
Our local sales rep would buy us lunch and gift cards when she was in town
Cons
Over worked, not enough employees for work load, top heavy management
Good and fun
Phlebotomist On-Call Mobile (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 27, 2016
I work alone and this is a mobile position. I meet different people every day and I go in draw the patients and process. There are no co-workers so no drama or supervision.
Low pay, no pay increase in 1.5 years, overall nice co-workers and somewhat flexible schedule.
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 12, 2016
Worked here for a couple of years. Low pay, no pay increase in first 1.5 years, overall nice co-workers and somewhat flexible schedule. CEO had "frozen" raises across the company due to low quarterly expected company earnings. However, this is the 2nd largest company in the country in this category. Had the opportunity to sit down with the CEO and talk one on one for about 10 minutes. He was actually texting and was not concerned with any of my feedback. Very disappointing.
Pros
More or less flexible schedule, good benefits (but low pay).
Cons
Busy, lots of work but no raise within the 18 months of employment, mediocre training and slow upward mobility.
I worked in tucson az phlebotomist
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 11, 2016
Boss was rude. I turned her in and filed a complaint she still there and rude . no team work. Company don't care about employees . no raises, benefits suck. Poor safety habitats.
Pros
Wage
Cardiac Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 5, 2016
fun easy going job with great working hours.
working mobile services is a great way to expand and learn to adapt to new settings everyday
Keeps ya busy
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAFebruary 29, 2016
Management need a lot of work and need to realize that communication is a big part of a company teamwork. With other company in the market with the same values it's best to keep up with the market these days in order to keep good employees. Following regulations and law is a big factor in keeping up a good company,and to many short cut will catch up with you in the end.
Pros
They pay for milage.
Cons
Meeting all kinds of patients.
Typical day at work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 11, 2016
The company isn't very organized. But the people I work with and the patients I work for are awesome!! I like my job but working graveyard is killing me.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Unorganized.
not a good company to work for
Mobile Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 26, 2016
i drove about 100 to 150 miles a day. I learned how to be patient with driving and patients. Management was very disorganized and didn't listen to the employees. I had great co workers that were dependable and likable. The hardest part of my job was the hours and the driving. The most enjoyable part was drawing blood and interacting with nurses and patients.
Quest is a good corporation to work for great 401k plan.
Phlebotomy Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CANovember 24, 2015
Quest offers good benefits, fast pace and challenging work environment. Quest also provides room for advancement within their corporation.
Pros
Good benefits and Great 401k plan.
This job sucks!!!!!
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 5, 2015
They will work you to death without giving you a day off because they can not keep staff. The so called supervisors do not give a dang with it comes to a death in the family. They may you promises at the beginning but you get no raise, vacation days, pto, and they will cheat you out of the hours worked Diagnostic Lab and Radiology do not believe in fighting for the employees. All of the workers will work 50 plus hours a week and they will not pay time in a half or even holiday pay. I worked for them for almost two years and I have nothing to show for it. I am glad I finally woke up and left that horrible lab company!! Bad customer service on both ends
Pros
non existant
Cons
non extistant
Just okay
Employee (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 26, 2015
Small staff size.Worked overnights or early mornings so odd business hours. Friendly co-workers. Fast paced but low to medium volume depending upon day.
Always busy
Revenue Verification Representative (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAOctober 12, 2015
Overall this place isn't completely horrible. Good work environment. I learned a lot here. Definitely stressful at times, but you can really expect that in any company with tight deadlines.
Pros
Breaks, flexible schedules
Strives for excellence in Patient Care
Director of Revenue Services (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CASeptember 2, 2015
Management very involved in trying to provide excellency service while maintaining profitability. Had very thorough training for employees.
Pros
Great Pay!
Stressful
Stat Tracker (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 21, 2015
As a company whole it has been and still a good company to work for, especially my shift it feels like a family. However, management needs to be a lot better and look at the big problems instead of quick fixes. I would love to stay and make it my career to work here but there is a lot of drama and almost a "high school" tone about resolving issues. When I arrive to my shift I arrive ready to work and not clock in to go socialize and complain about everything wrong instead of working hard to make it right. If I had to change one thing I would say instead of piling more work on the few that care and work hard start disciplining those that don't because we already are short staff continuously in my department; maybe there is a reason why the good workers are leaving and the new hires are quitting. I hate to be the many that preach about a raise but for all that we do in the department I work in we do not get paid close to what we should.
Pros
Paid holidays, Fun environment usually
Cons
Pay, management, short staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DIAGNOSTIC LABORATORIES. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8