DIAGNOSTIC LABORATORIES Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Insurance Verification Specialist (Current Employee), Burbank, CaliforniaJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Lunch is provided every Friday
Cons: Company is moving to Texas
I enjoy coming to work here everyday. Supervisor and Manager are excellent and hard working. We provided excellent service to skilled nursing facilities. Great benefits and room for growth.
Great company and fun workplace
Billing Center Supervisor (Former Employee), Burbank,CAJune 23, 2015
Great company and fun workplace with strong leaderships skills.I use to Schedule and organize work assignments.Preparing reports,
DO NOT WORK HERE
lab (Former Employee), coloradoJune 10, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: management
This company as a whole is probably a pretty decent company but the management does not care about the employees. And forget about calling HR. They will do absolutely nothing. Supervisors are left to do whatever they want and change the rules. If this company promises you anything they will definitely not deliver.
Good Job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), San Leandro, CAMay 14, 2015
Pros: Meeting a lot of new people
Cons: Time Schedule 3 AM
On a typical day I had approximately 30+ blood draws. I took this job seriously as this involves people's health. I learned that people of all ages are in need of a phlebotomist and that you need to be able to work with people of all ages. The management and my co-workers were great to work with. The hardest part of the job was the hours and that is why I had to quit. Each shirt started at 3 am, which meant I was up at 2am. I had to sleep when I got home, which did not allow me to go to school. The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to work with people from all ages and backgrounds.
always meeting new people and helping the needy
Phlebotomist Tech (Former Employee), Fresno, CAApril 16, 2015
Pros: free cookies
Cons: low pay high work rates
fairly busy job, typical day was interesting. The pace ramped up and down pretty evenly most of the time. I learned how to effictively deal with many types of people in this job. management was pretty decent to me, just wasn't much of a advancement available and decided to pursue further. the co workers were not too shabby. hardest part of the job was not eating those delicious cookies. haha in all seriousness the difficulty was the low pay for the amount of work needed to be completed daily. The most enjoyable part was knowing that I was helping people out in a big way.
Fast paced and enterrgetic atmosphere.
Logistics and Facilities Supervisor (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: versatility
The region is growing quickly. I learned about a line of work that was new to me. It was exciting to learn and grow with the company. I enjoyed the versatility of my position. Travel, planning, logistics, facilities supervision, process training.
fun relaxed and productive environment
Payments (Former Employee), Burbank, CAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: free breakfast and lunch for end of the month
Cons: no benefits( temp)
A typical day at work would be posting of payments and denials. Management was very good with helping out with any questions i might have communication was good. The hardest part of the job was being understaffed for the payments dept but we got the job done considering we were short staffed. The most enjoyable part was working with a boss and co workers that could work together as a team and get the job done as a team.
Third Party Payor A.R. Rep (Former Employee), Burbank, CASeptember 22, 2014
Productive, learned various billing methods, and provider process, encountered alternatives ways to process claims.
Very unprofessional management
laboratory department (Current Employee), San Leandro, CASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: monthly celebration for bday celebrants. a lot of food.
Cons: more extra work but no raise.
When I started working here, I was really imppressed and really organized company and very competative. Now that I've been here for the past year, I just realized how this company very unfair. You worked for them for a long time but then they don't give you the right rate that you deserved but instead they pay more for new employees. So unfair. They don't give raise once you reached the maximum rate for your position.
Not a good choice of Employer
Specimen Processor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 16, 2014
Pros: none that i can see
Cons: morale, pay, disorganized, no room for advancement...
Working for this company will guarantee you this: long hours, money coming OUT of your own pocket, no benefits, low morale, and poor management. I can not speak for the corporate location in Burbank, but I can tell you that working for their Las Vegas office was a nightmare.

I'll start with the awful management staff. I have never encountered more poorly organized management in all my life. A lab should not be run this way or by such unorganized people. They had no idea how to schedule, how to run a lab or what separations of duties means. Want a day off? Forget about it! They want you to work seven days a week with no over time. (I'm serious! That is what they asked.)

The compensation was hardly worth coming to work at all. The amount of money spent driving my own car and the insulting amount of pay made this job near impossible to stomach. In the end, the amount of money I spent on gas and wear on my car made my pay check a wash. I made barely enough money to keep gas in my tank. I was using my own car for this company with little to no compensation and even less appreciation.

Being an employee for this company keeps your morale at an all time low. I had not met one person who worked there that had one good thing to say about it. Honestly, I'm surprised at even mediocre reviews of this location. I met a few cool people working there but most people there were either on their way out or there because they couldn't make it anywhere else. Also, don't expect raises or reviews.

Having worked in other labs before, I seriously question their standards, ethics and abilities. Some practices that they have have to be illegal or at least sub-par.

The moral is: if you are in desperate need of a job, work for Diagnostic Labs. At least you'd have a job. However, if you'd like to get paid for the work you do and not have impossible surprises everyday, keep looking. It'll be worth it in the end.
Fast Paced Mobile phlebotomy
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 23, 2014
Pros: company car, no using personal vehicle
Cons: small salary, little time off, terrible benefits
A typical day consists of collecting your supplies and paperwork then waiting for the dispatcher to send out all of your draws via text message to your company issued phone then you use a company vehicle to drive to the nursing facility or rehab center to draw the patients blood and either deliver it to the central hospital for processing or process it at the office and prepare it to be shipped out for testing. Hours of operation for this company were from midnight on call to 3am then 3am-7am morning shift then 7-2 oncall and 2pm 10pm night shift. You work alone, the valley is split up between techs. The hardest part about this job is the schedule. You will be tired that is a given. It is a perfect job for single people, but not for anyone with children, you will work your full 40 hours plus plenty of on call and they will call you to drive 2 hours for a pick up at 3 am.
very productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), San Leandro, CAMay 7, 2014
This is a very unpredictable work place. It can be really busy one hour and the next you will have nothing to do.
Co-workers are very helpful in any type of way.
dispatching in a high work flow enviroment, heavy phone calls
Lead- Mobile X-ray Dispatcher (Former Employee), Burbank, CAMay 2, 2014
Dispatching local x ray techs to appropriate locations for work, high volume calls in a fast paced environment.
rewarding job
mobile phlebotomist LPN (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 2, 2014
Pros: learn the city very well, patients are awesome
Cons: unpaid ot, unfair workplace to a degree, hard on your car
It's okay to work there but no advancement. If you weren't part of the "click" then you were not treated fairly. I gave a detailed 2 week notice and got wonderful reviews while working there 7 months. But upon recent inquiry I learned I was put on the no rehire list. Never had that happen before.
Mobile Phlebotomist
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), San Leandro, CAMarch 2, 2014
I started my work day @ 3 am every morning. I drove around to different nursing homes all over the north bay, east bay, and south bay. I drew blood on elderly patients. I really enjoyed this
This is a pretty good company there is just no room for growth
3rd Party Billing/Denials Representative (Current Employee), Burbank, CAFebruary 24, 2014
I am looking for a career opportunity that is more rewarding in every way.
I am looking for a new career at your facility.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 6, 2014
I love my job and what i do, but i am looking for a stable environment with more hours.
Excellent Opportunity to gain new skills and experience
Routines Liaison (Current Employee), San Leandro, CADecember 28, 2013
Pros: adding several new skills to further my experience in the medical field
Cons: time management
I started my journey with this company as a specimen processor. I was required to work in a secure medical software program (CRT). I was able to utilize several of my skills such as: Medical Terminology, Data Entry, Scanning documents, and proper professional phone etiquette with various medical facilities. I developed new skills such as: leading and training others, working in multiple computer screens, pushing myself to exceed deadlines, all while ensuring customer/client satisfaction of facility needs.
Later I was promoted to the routines department in which I assisted with Data Entry, the merging of documents, in addition to efficiently printing and preparing requisitions for dispersement for the six large regions that we provide service to.
nice coworkers. good company to start your carrer
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Burbank, CAOctober 29, 2013
Pros: the only pro to this company is that they hire people to there first phlebotomy job.
Cons: very low pay and there is no chance of advancemnt
Very early start time.
I learned to be calm and to take my time to learn from others.
The hardest part of the job was in the beginning. It felt like I was thrown into a lions cage. You learn by doing something wrong then you are told the correct way to do it.
Good career starter
Vascular Access Coordinator (Current Employee), Burbank, CAOctober 21, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, friendly people, company lunches
Cons: pay is low compared to others, poor management skills
I've been with the company for 2 years, and in these 2 years I have gained so much knowledge. I consider this a good stepping stone for my next career venture.