DIAGNOSTIC LABORATORIES Employee Reviews in United States

This job sucks!!!!!
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 5, 2015
They will work you to death without giving you a day off because they can not keep staff. The so called supervisors do not give a dang with it comes to a death in the family. They may you promises at the beginning but you get no raise, vacation days, pto, and they will cheat you out of the hours worked Diagnostic Lab and Radiology do not believe in fighting for the employees. All of the workers will work 50 plus hours a week and they will not pay time in a half or even holiday pay. I worked for them for almost two years and I have nothing to show for it. I am glad I finally woke up and left that horrible lab company!! Bad customer service on both ends
Pros
non existant
Cons
non extistant
Stressful
Stat Tracker (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 21, 2015
As a company whole it has been and still a good company to work for, especially my shift it feels like a family. However, management needs to be a lot better and look at the big problems instead of quick fixes. I would love to stay and make it my career to work here but there is a lot of drama and almost a "high school" tone about resolving issues. When I arrive to my shift I arrive ready to work and not clock in to go socialize and complain about everything wrong instead of working hard to make it right. If I had to change one thing I would say instead of piling more work on the few that care and work hard start disciplining those that don't because we already are short staff continuously in my department; maybe there is a reason why the good workers are leaving and the new hires are quitting. I hate to be the many that preach about a raise but for all that we do in the department I work in we do not get paid close to what we should.
Pros
Paid holidays, Fun environment usually
Cons
Pay, management, short staff
Quest is a good corporation to work for great 401k plan.
Phlebotomy Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CANovember 24, 2015
Quest offers good benefits, fast pace and challenging work environment. Quest also provides room for advancement within their corporation.
Pros
Good benefits and Great 401k plan.
Low pay, no pay increase in 1.5 years, overall nice co-workers and somewhat flexible schedule.
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 12, 2016
Worked here for a couple of years. Low pay, no pay increase in first 1.5 years, overall nice co-workers and somewhat flexible schedule. CEO had "frozen" raises across the company due to low quarterly expected company earnings. However, this is the 2nd largest company in the country in this category. Had the opportunity to sit down with the CEO and talk one on one for about 10 minutes. He was actually texting and was not concerned with any of my feedback. Very disappointing.
Pros
More or less flexible schedule, good benefits (but low pay).
Cons
Busy, lots of work but no raise within the 18 months of employment, mediocre training and slow upward mobility.
Keeps ya busy
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAFebruary 29, 2016
Management need a lot of work and need to realize that communication is a big part of a company teamwork. With other company in the market with the same values it's best to keep up with the market these days in order to keep good employees. Following regulations and law is a big factor in keeping up a good company,and to many short cut will catch up with you in the end.
Pros
They pay for milage.
Cons
Meeting all kinds of patients.
Nice place to work
Insurance Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CaliforniaJuly 8, 2015
I enjoy coming to work here everyday. Supervisor and Manager are excellent and hard working. We provided excellent service to skilled nursing facilities. Great benefits and room for growth.
Pros
Lunch is provided every Friday
Cons
Company is moving to Texas
not a good company to work for
Mobile Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 26, 2016
i drove about 100 to 150 miles a day. I learned how to be patient with driving and patients. Management was very disorganized and didn't listen to the employees. I had great co workers that were dependable and likable. The hardest part of my job was the hours and the driving. The most enjoyable part was drawing blood and interacting with nurses and patients.
A lot of empty promises
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 9, 2016
Was promised a lead position but they never followed through even though I was already working as lead. My supervisor always promised to hire more people that never happened. Top heavy when it came to management!
Pros
Our local sales rep would buy us lunch and gift cards when she was in town
Cons
Over worked, not enough employees for work load, top heavy management
Good and fun
Phlebotomist On-Call Mobile (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 27, 2016
I work alone and this is a mobile position. I meet different people every day and I go in draw the patients and process. There are no co-workers so no drama or supervision.
I worked in tucson az phlebotomist
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 11, 2016
Boss was rude. I turned her in and filed a complaint she still there and rude . no team work. Company don't care about employees . no raises, benefits suck. Poor safety habitats.
Pros
Wage
Cons
fun relaxed and productive environment
Payments (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAOctober 20, 2014
A typical day at work would be posting of payments and denials. Management was very good with helping out with any questions i might have communication was good. The hardest part of the job was being understaffed for the payments dept but we got the job done considering we were short staffed. The most enjoyable part was working with a boss and co workers that could work together as a team and get the job done as a team.
Pros
free breakfast and lunch for end of the month
Cons
no benefits( temp)
Cardiac Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 5, 2016
fun easy going job with great working hours.
working mobile services is a great way to expand and learn to adapt to new settings everyday
Typical day at work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 11, 2016
The company isn't very organized. But the people I work with and the patients I work for are awesome!! I like my job but working graveyard is killing me.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Unorganized.
Very unprofessional management
laboratory department (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CASeptember 11, 2014
When I started working here, I was really imppressed and really organized company and very competative. Now that I've been here for the past year, I just realized how this company very unfair. You worked for them for a long time but then they don't give you the right rate that you deserved but instead they pay more for new employees. So unfair. They don't give raise once you reached the maximum rate for your position.
Pros
monthly celebration for bday celebrants. a lot of food.
Cons
more extra work but no raise.
Fast Paced Mobile phlebotomy
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 23, 2014
A typical day consists of collecting your supplies and paperwork then waiting for the dispatcher to send out all of your draws via text message to your company issued phone then you use a company vehicle to drive to the nursing facility or rehab center to draw the patients blood and either deliver it to the central hospital for processing or process it at the office and prepare it to be shipped out for testing. Hours of operation for this company were from midnight on call to 3am then 3am-7am morning shift then 7-2 oncall and 2pm 10pm night shift. You work alone, the valley is split up between techs. The hardest part about this job is the schedule. You will be tired that is a given. It is a perfect job for single people, but not for anyone with children, you will work your full 40 hours plus plenty of on call and they will call you to drive 2 hours for a pick up at 3 am.
Pros
company car, no using personal vehicle
Cons
small salary, little time off, terrible benefits
Lots of pros and cons
Mobile Phlebotomist LPN (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 19, 2013
I started working for this company as a Mobile Phlebotomist / LPN per diem and quickly realized this was a great job. Basically you get your draws done, and you go home and get paid for a full day. There was a lot of opportunity to make a lot of money in a short time. As time went on, I proved my abilities and was offered a full time with benefits position. A few months went by and I asked about my benefits, and my immediate supervisor checked on it for me. Now my supervisor is the best person to work for in the world, I would follow her to the ends of the earth, but the corporate managers and pretty shady. Nurses are considered very disposable when they can hire people with less education for less money. I was told my full time status was not approved yet, and probably wouldn't be since they are hiring straight phlebs now.
Pros
immediate supervisor is the greatest, not stuck in one place.
Cons
lots of wear and tear on your car, no job stability.
It's better then o job at all
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 16, 2012
I've worked for this company for over two years now. There is no room for advancement, no pay raises, no cost of living raises. New grads are being hired and being paid more then existing staff.

Lots of hours, and overtime is mandatory. This is a plus in a down economy, but there is no regard for a personal life. Great job for a single person that doesn't like time off.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
management will lie to your face and think nothing of it.
always meeting new people and helping the needy
Phlebotomist Tech (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 16, 2015
fairly busy job, typical day was interesting. The pace ramped up and down pretty evenly most of the time. I learned how to effictively deal with many types of people in this job. management was pretty decent to me, just wasn't much of a advancement available and decided to pursue further. the co workers were not too shabby. hardest part of the job was not eating those delicious cookies. haha in all seriousness the difficulty was the low pay for the amount of work needed to be completed daily. The most enjoyable part was knowing that I was helping people out in a big way.
Pros
free cookies
Cons
low pay high work rates
Diagnostic Laboratories
Mobile Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 17, 2015
A great company to start with as a new Phlebotomy grad. I enjoyed the independence of being about to control my own schedule and did not mind the driving. This company provided me with several opportunities to perform venipunctures on a variety of patients. I first worked for DL in 2006, then returned in 2012. There is a reason I returned; great training and experience.
Pros
always busy
Cons
management
Always busy
Revenue Verification Representative (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAOctober 12, 2015
Overall this place isn't completely horrible. Good work environment. I learned a lot here. Definitely stressful at times, but you can really expect that in any company with tight deadlines.
Pros
Breaks, flexible schedules

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DIAGNOSTIC LABORATORIES. Our community is ready to answer.