Diakon Logistics Employee Reviews

Good Place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 5, 2017
Great place to work in. Management is great and are wonderful when it comes to helping their employees as well as teaching the new ones. Unfortunately not much room to grow.
Everyday is reacationary, never any back up plans for the things that go wrong everyday.
Distribution Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Riverside, MOMarch 11, 2017
If I learned anything here it has been patience. There is always someone not doing what they are supposed to do and management being perfectly happy with that.
Great company. They cared a lot about there employees.
Delivery Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Benicia, CAOctober 30, 2016
Made sure trucks were loaded with the right freight. Made sure paper work was correct and trucks got out in time. It was problem have enough staff sometimes however my co-worker always came together to get the job done.
Stay away
2nd Shift Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brownsburg, INOctober 23, 2016
No organization with this company. They will use you up and then let you go for no reason. Long hours, no family life and low pay.
Pretty good place to work
Regional Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJuly 21, 2016
Diakon is a growing company with plenty of advancement opportunities. My typical work day starts at 5:30 am and doesn't usually end until 7:30 pm. All of the workers at Diakon really work well and helping each other get better and they really try to help each individual grow and move up in the company.
Pros
Pay is very good
Cons
Work long hours and always in a different city each week
Active work environment
Delivery Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Steelton, PAJuly 15, 2016
I typically arrive early in the morning to conduct a stand up with my drivers. I support them, our client, and our customers throughout the day until all deliveries are completed.
Very good company to work for
Operations Manager 1 (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 11, 2016
Coorporate office staff was very knowledgeable and willing to go the extra mile to assist managers in the field.
Very stressful environment to work in, with the limited way this company is set up. Managers are required to several hats at any given time. Multi tasking is the only way to survive at this company.
Not a good place to work!!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILJuly 11, 2016
This company will not train you. When they hire you, you are expected to learn and teach yourself. No professionalism at all. The management curses like sailors!! Don't waste you're time with this company.
Pros
Cons
Horrible Culture
I loved my job.
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Irwin, PAJune 25, 2016
I loved my job. I worked in the warehouse and there were more pros than cons. Co-workers were very nice. A typical day at work was checking in delivery drivers and afterwards unloading trailers for next day shipment. Management was good at times. Hardest part of the day was depending on the weather as to we were in a warehouse with no heat or air. Most enjoyable part of the day were the breaks we always had together.
Pros
Very considerate as far as providing bottled water, buying us lunch on occasion, and giving us extra breaks in harsher weather conditions.
Upper management lacks compassion for employees
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSMay 3, 2016
I quit this position due to an interaction with a VP who would not allow me to take off for a funeral and laughed at me when I asked why. I am under the impression that this person is no longer there but it should have never been tolerated.

Want to know more about Diakon Logistics?

Ask a question
overall good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 8, 2015
could have used a better organized office environment. management was great and always backed up their employees. willing to work with your strengths
a typical day
customer service clerk (Former Employee) –  Bound Brook, NJNovember 23, 2015
I just to make 180-200 calls a day, scheduling delivery date/time and location. Good communication with customer demands as of when/where and why delivery could not be taken.
Long hours and extreme physical labor
Delivery helper (Former Employee) –  Granite City, ILMay 28, 2015
Great pay but the labor can sometimes be extreme physical labor. We work anywhere from 10-14 hrs 6days a week. One day off.
Pros
tips
Cons
long hours and extreme physical labor
Good management and co-workers
Assistant Manager - Operations (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 23, 2015
Fast paced environment. Problem solving throughout the day.
delivery
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  granite City,ILJanuary 11, 2015
Delivering sears appliances to customer’s homes, setting and hooking up appliances, picking up appliances at sears outlet stores, loading unloading trucks.Great experience to learn in home customer service and a great job to learn how to work as a team.
Productive, Demanding Work Schedule
Driver/Delivery Helper (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 17, 2014
* Demanding work schedule
* Customer relation skills needed
* Team oriented
Pros
Great flexibility
Cons
Work is not consistent; need better job security
Productive and a wonderful place to work
HEAD DISPATCHER (Former Employee) –  Doraville, GAJune 17, 2014
Placing orders, solving customer issues, scheduling appoints for deliveries and answering the telephones.
What I learned at Diakon was that the gentlemen delivering the merchandise were very hard working gentlemen and honorable.
Co-workers are hardn working men.
Most enjoyable part was working my boss and my co-workers.
Cool Job , Warehouse . Loading/Unloading Trucks
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Beltsville MdJanuary 21, 2014
Warehouse work . Loading and Unloading furniture Mostly day work but the Overtime hours could be very long sometime
Pros
Cool Managers to work for
Cons
Very long hours sometimes
Do Not Work Here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 5, 2014
The job was great when I first got there, but once the management changed it went downhill. The management higher up in the company won't take any of the responsibility for their actions and tend to try to pin it on one of the lower ranking employees.
Pros
Decent Pay
Everyday is different and full of challenges. I welcome challenges.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PANovember 14, 2013
In my business we deal with customers everyday with issues both big and small. At the same time deal with contractors, constantly motivating them to reinvent themselves everyday. In enjoy training and seeing how my training of individuals pay off. The hardest part of the job is when our customers are upset with my client. this means that I have to save to sale for them and win back the customer's trust.
Pros
Lots of motivation
Cons
healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diakon Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9