Diakon Logistics Employee Reviews in United States

Upper management lacks compassion for employees
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSMay 3, 2016
I quit this position due to an interaction with a VP who would not allow me to take off for a funeral and laughed at me when I asked why. I am under the impression that this person is no longer there but it should have never been tolerated.
overall good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 8, 2015
could have used a better organized office environment. management was great and always backed up their employees. willing to work with your strengths
a typical day
customer service clerk (Former Employee) –  Bound Brook, NJNovember 23, 2015
I just to make 180-200 calls a day, scheduling delivery date/time and location. Good communication with customer demands as of when/where and why delivery could not be taken.
Toxic work environment. Avoid if possible.
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 30, 2012
There is no job security with this company, especially at this location. This is a third-party operation where the client is very abusive. Diakon will not back up its employees, as the client company calls the shots.

There is a very dishonest and conniving warehouse manager on duty who does not know what he is doing but blames the Diakon personnel for everything he does wrong.

It is a paycheck, but don't expect that it will last.
Pros
there are none besides the paycheck (small).
Cons
very toxic environment, be prepared to take abuse from everyone, no work/life balance
Unloading of house appliances to warehouse floor along with quality control.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIJanuary 7, 2013
Diakon Logistics was a great place to work the management was very mody at time and didnt have any direction this job had no job advancement.
benefits
Cons
inconsistent hours
Long hours and extreme physical labor
Delivery helper (Former Employee) –  Granite City, ILMay 28, 2015
Great pay but the labor can sometimes be extreme physical labor. We work anywhere from 10-14 hrs 6days a week. One day off.
Pros
tips
Cons
long hours and extreme physical labor
Great company culture with many opportunities for growth
Delivery team (Current Employee) –  ChicagoMay 13, 2013
In this industry Diakon has a great reputation. The job isn't easy but then again what job is? The management is very helpful and respectful, they truly want you to succeed. I love the company culture and the desire to be the best in the country. Hand down the best place I've ever worked.
Pros
you are your own boss
Cons
customers can be demanding
Very fast paced
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 3, 2013
Supervising the loading of trucks, writing up reports, checking in with drivers after each stop and speaking to customers to ensure they are satisfied with their delivery. Dealing with any issues that may arise. Management is very helpful when needed. My co-workers realize we are a team and we do everything possible to ensure the job gets done in a timely manner. The hardest part of the job is being on call all the time, everyday. Most enjoyable part of the job is when we accomplish everything we set out to do and all the customers are satisfied.
Pros
the ability to work out any issues that arise as the manager, the trust my employer shows in my abilities to succeed in my job.
Cons
being on call 24/7 and the job coming before family.
dont know where they get this good reviews must be fake!
driver/deliver/installer (Former Employee) –  Carrolton TxJanuary 23, 2013
Company's beliefs on how to treat customers and contractors are great, but everything that follows from management, organization, communication and pay is so lousy and frustrating! I had work in Carrolton Texas, they cheat you with your earnings and promise you that they will fix it and it never happens! I seen many contractors gone through (really good contractors) they simply sleep away due to the circumstances... I guess customers get what diakon gives their contractors, c. R. A. P. Do not go work there! You will lose your time, effort and money!
Cons
work to way to many hours and not getting what you have earned
Typically chaotic environment with little consistency
Part-Time Clerical/Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 2, 2012
When I started working there, my job was to take on part of the daily data entry load, while keeping on eye on the delivery route monitor and answering phones. A few months later, we underwent some staffing changes and I was given new responsibilities related to Damage Claims. During most of my time there, we did not have a permanent site manager, and they were in the process of hiring one. For a few months we had a manager, but he left the company due to the stress of the job, coupled with the recent passing of his mother. For the remainder of my time there, managers within the company took turns running our site. As I was never fully trained in Damage Claims, every manager that came in had their own take on the process, so I was essentially being retrained every two weeks. Claims were piling up and I was getting nowhere, as no two managers agreed on the proper way to go through the Claims process. I put in my two week notice.
Pros
mostly-casual environment, little micromanaging
Cons
inconsistency in management, lack of communication
Great for hard working people who love to travel
driver/installer (Current Employee) –  WORLD WIDEMay 24, 2013
Typical day of work is from 6 am till route is complete which most days was 12 hours or more
Learned how to remain on my toe and work at a fast pace and do things right the 1st time
Management was myself
Hardest part of the job is working with unhappy customers
Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a customer that was so upset with sears but by doing your job well makes them change everything
Pros
being able to travel
Cons
lack of family time
Do Not Work Here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 5, 2014
The job was great when I first got there, but once the management changed it went downhill. The management higher up in the company won't take any of the responsibility for their actions and tend to try to pin it on one of the lower ranking employees.
Pros
decent pay
Productive, Demanding Work Schedule
Driver/Delivery Helper (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 17, 2014
* Demanding work schedule
* Customer relation skills needed
* Team oriented
Pros
great flexibility
Cons
work is not consistent; need better job security
Cool Job , Warehouse . Loading/Unloading Trucks
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Beltsville MdJanuary 21, 2014
Warehouse work . Loading and Unloading furniture Mostly day work but the Overtime hours could be very long sometime
Pros
cool managers to work for
Cons
very long hours sometimes
Everyday is different and full of challenges. I welcome challenges.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PANovember 14, 2013
In my business we deal with customers everyday with issues both big and small. At the same time deal with contractors, constantly motivating them to reinvent themselves everyday. In enjoy training and seeing how my training of individuals pay off. The hardest part of the job is when our customers are upset with my client. this means that I have to save to sale for them and win back the customer's trust.
Pros
lots of motivation
Cons
healthcare
delivery
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  granite City,ILJanuary 11, 2015
Delivering sears appliances to customer’s homes, setting and hooking up appliances, picking up appliances at sears outlet stores, loading unloading trucks.Great experience to learn in home customer service and a great job to learn how to work as a team.
Productive and a wonderful place to work
HEAD DISPATCHER (Former Employee) –  Doraville, GAJune 17, 2014
Placing orders, solving customer issues, scheduling appoints for deliveries and answering the telephones.
What I learned at Diakon was that the gentlemen delivering the merchandise were very hard working gentlemen and honorable.
Co-workers are hardn working men.
Most enjoyable part was working my boss and my co-workers.
Good management and co-workers
Assistant Manager - Operations (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 23, 2015
Fast paced environment. Problem solving throughout the day.
Friendly envirement
Warehouse lead (Former Employee) –  N Las Vegas, NVMay 20, 2013
Typical day at work would consist of unloading appliances off trucks and either staging them for delivery or stocking them. Sometimes we would have to alter appliances upon customer request the rest of the day would consist of straightening out inventory and customer service. most enjoyable part would be unloading and staging
modern slavery!
contractor (Former Employee) –  riverside mo.May 9, 2013
If you want all your civil and humans rights violated this is the place to go!
Pros
treated like trash!
Cons
they dont even put you iside a dumpster!