Diakon Lutheran Social Ministries

Diakon Lutheran Social Ministries Employee Reviews

A horrible company to work for.....
Manager (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PASeptember 29, 2017
Cut throat management - they will lie to you, throw you under the bus, and stab you in the back.
I worked alone, no support from corporate management, other employees walking aimlessly, no supplies, poor salary, etc.
This organization sucks..
Pros
I'm no longer there.
Cons
Too much to list.
So good I came back to Twining!
Aide (Current Employee) –  Holland, PASeptember 19, 2017
I am a return employee after leaving for personal reasons. I am happy a position was available because I don't want to look anywhere else. The rehab is very busy and I like that. My co workers are a big help most of the time and the don and adon are always around making sure things are getting done. The resident are fun and appreciate my hard work.
Pros
I like coming to work
Cons
Really busy some days
Productive workplace
Biller/Cash Specialist (Current Employee) –  Middletown, PAAugust 10, 2017
The company is a good company to work for, they have good insurance benefits, but the salary could be better. They have flexible scheduling and allow you to start work early in the morning.
fun place to work
Residential Asst. II (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 31, 2017
I truely enjoyed working here, nice place and really enjoyed the residents, i would go work there again . I was inly PT I would of liked FT . A VERY NICE FACILITY
Decent place to work.
Medication Technician/ Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PAJuly 20, 2017
I typical day at work is both physically and emotionally demanding. I have learned how to multitask, defuse escalating situations, and understand the effects of dementia both mentally and physically. Management is easy to have a professional relationship with and is concerned with your overall well-being. The hardest part of the job is physically working with dementia residents. The most enjoyable part of the job is making a resident laugh or smile, knowing that at that moment you have made a difference in their life.
Pros
Good health insurance.
Cons
Physically demanding.
Management isnt supportive
Administration Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 14, 2017
At the local level the management was supportive and team work existed. Corporate support in many departments is good, but there's a punative response from a lot of management. Senior living management micro-manages, changes direction frequently causing the work environment to be negative, stressful and very unpleasant. Diakon has a mission statement that is little more than a plaque on the wall. They are financially driven in all that they do. People aren't important and faith based is a thing of the past.
Pros
Pretty good health benefits
Cons
Senior Living senior management was unfair and creates a culture that is stressful and punative
awful place to work
nobody (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 1, 2017
.....horrible management ...favorites. unfair treatment. No teamwork. Staff unreliable don't know what else to say really. One of the worst places I've ever worked
benefits
Cons
everything else
no comment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PAMay 28, 2017
a very conducive environment to work,they have a very good workplace culture,good management,i do enjoy my job that am always ready for the next day job
friendly family oriented team work
activty assisant (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAMay 24, 2017
I am retired from the state in Pennsylvannia. Diakon Luthern home was such a friendly loving nursing home. I enjoyed very much. We did exercise each day sang songs dancing and walks. I have a friendly smile and character very hard working and enjoy going to learning seminars. I worked with management on making a dementia schedule which is very important for residents. Hoping I get the opportunity to have time to talk with you for employment
Pros
I love people and one to one visits
Cons
I miss working
terrible management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 6, 2017
years ago was a great place to work. Now management has no regard or respect for nursing staff. They don't care about the quality of care, just getting things done! They set unrealistic expectations , don't care if their nurses ever get a break/or lunch. They have no true compassion for the residents . they treat staff as disposable- use agency to staff the place!
Pros
competitve pay
Cons
no breaks, mandated overtime, short staffing, management doesnt respect staff
Director experience
Director of Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Twining Village, Holland PAFebruary 11, 2017
I've experienced a broad range of growth and changes at our campus over the past two years. What makes Twining special is the extensive opportunity to grow personally and professionally. Diakon has consistently added or remodeled/re-constructed buildings, added new levels of care and continues to be a highly recommended CCRC from professionals/hospitals. It takes great leadership, team unity, highly driven professionals and a company that values employees to achieve such high regard. Like any company, if you produce and work hard, you are rewarded and if you don't have the work ethic or professionalism to do what's best for our residents and co-workers, well then it's time to go. We take our resident and staff care very seriously. Our team strives to make it the best everyday, while laughing and having fun. Our campus residents are warm and welcoming, our staff enjoys what they do and we love watching residents blossom- at an age they think they couldn't. (what a joy!) Ministry support consistently balances costs/expenses/revenues to ensure competitive rate structures, invigorating programs and good care for our residents. As a director of sales, I look forward to coming to Twining Village! If you love the older generation, like to have fun, want to feel valued and want to work with great leadership, then you should visit to see what I experience.
Pros
Leadership, work and personal life balance, great working environment
Cons
I'm so busy with leads, sales and move-ins I sometimes dont get much of a lunch
Dedicated and Caring
Regional Clinical Reimbursement Director (Current Employee) –  Middletown, PAFebruary 2, 2017
I have been with Diakon for just over two years. When I joined this team, I never knew that I would not only be starting a career but more importantly, joining a family. From the beautiful communities to activities and care provided to the residents, it is incomparable to other organizations I have been a part of. Great benefits, tuition reimbursement and encouragement to take vacation time!
Pros
Benefits, 401k, Tuition Reimbursement, Career Advancement
Family like environment
Supervisor of Permanency Services (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJanuary 30, 2017
Good work environment and great for learning about adoption and foster care services. Great teamwork and staff are dedicated and sincere in performing their duties for children and families,
Great team, beautiful campus, positive mission, superior care.
Sales and Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Holland, PAJanuary 18, 2017
It's not easy to get a 5 Star rating from the state, but that's exactly what Twining Village has achieved. Over the past couple years, Diakon has recruited and hired knowledgeable, caring, professionals with years of experience in the senior living industry.

This dedicated team provides compassionate care to the residents/patients of the community. Regional support and upper management are always assessable to front line team members questions, needs, and concerns. They continue to update and renovate the campus, making it a truly enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Great resident care. Supportive leaders and management.
Good place to work in general but not perfect
Activity Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Topton, PAJanuary 14, 2017
I believe that Diakon Lutheran Social Ministries is, a good overall place to work. Generally (though not always) management works well with direct care staff and facilitates the care giving process well. The inter departmental working relationships are also mostly good but not perfect. Overall, I am satisfied with my work experience.
Pros
Good working relationships w/ management and departments.
Cons
Pay not as high as I would like.
Care for residents and staff
Personal Care Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PADecember 17, 2016
I am a PCHA currently. I have worked for Diakon 16 years, in 4 different capacities. I have always been treated fairly, and received support to continue my education. Praise is given for a job well done by immediate supervisors and the Corporate team. I do feel appreciated. We have great benefits and work together to cover and have time off for everyone. The residents are my number one priority, and I feel so fortunate to work for a company that offers benevolent care. I have found my niche and feel blessed I am in this role.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, benefits, caring for residents/families
Cons
Changes in technology--request better training
Great place to work!!
PCHA/Care Navigator (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PA (Cumberland Crossings)November 21, 2016
Great company to work for. Residents are well taken care of by a wonderful team of caring and compassionate employees. The Leadership team takes the time to get to know the residents and their families along with the employees. Management is easy going and understanding. Clinical support team always available and willing to help.
Pros
Flexible work environment
Cons
Every place has cons but nowhere is perfect in every way.
Wonderful Place to Work - Great Team, Good Support, 5 Star High Quality Place To Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Topton, PAOctober 28, 2016
Great Company with forward thinking ability. They do a great job of providing you the tools you need to be successful in your role. They also value and look for your feedback. Best orientation program around which truly shows they value their employees. Several management team members have risen through the ranks and have been here for years. Plenty of opportunity for career advancement.
Pros
Career path advancement opportunitieis, tuition reimbursement
Company with a Mission and Staff with Passion
Any (Current Employee) –  PAOctober 26, 2016
Diakon focuses on the two most important key areas: Staff and Residents. I have had the opportunity to work for other senior living organizations and Diakon is the best organization I have worked for. Over the past couple of years, the company has had to change due to the changing healthcare environment. Today, Diakon provides care and services for more and more seniors every day. We are blessed to have outstanding caregivers and team members dedicated to their residents, families and communities. I would recommend Diakon to anyone with the passion to make a positive impact in the lives of seniors. You will love being apart of a great team of people!
Pros
Benefits, pay, work envionment, team, focus, growth
Diakon is a great place to work!
Leadership Team Member (Current Employee) –  Pa and MdOctober 19, 2016
Diakon is a great place to work if you want to be associated with an organization who gives back to their employees by investing money to increase benefits for them as well as reinvesting in their retirement communities for their residents. Most organizations take their profits to line their shareholder's pockets but Diakon puts their profits back into the organization for their residents and staff.
Pros
great benefits, resident care, work environment, flexible PTO

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diakon Lutheran Social Ministries. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7