DialAmerica Employee Reviews

Found 1,341 reviews matching the search
Supervisors
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHAugust 18, 2017
Supervisors are jerks they fired me for a medical emergency that I had no control over. They screw you of your pay and don't pay enough. They love to screw people over. When was being interviewed was promised a Monday thru Friday job well ended up being Mon thru Thursday and worked Saturdays.
many projects
Customer service representive (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 15, 2017
I worked about 32 hours a week taking inbound call on of three projects that I was trained for. My day involved selling bus tickets or hughesnet services or taking subscriptions for the wall street journal, I enjoyed the friendly atmosphere
Pros
Friendly
Cons
not full time to get medical benefits
Call center environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCAugust 15, 2017
Diverse group of employees able to work various flexible hours better for college students or part-time employees. Company has been in the business for a long time.
Pros
Build customer service skills
Cons
Lack of development opportunities
Not a good place
APPLICATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 14, 2017
Horrible management except for a choice few. Was enough pay to even make it worth working there for more than 2 months. Only thing I learned there was to scam people
stressful
Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHAugust 13, 2017
High paced sales job- very stressful
Job has its up and downs. The managers are great. Extremely encouraging and positive. But would not stay for such low pay.
Pros
Good managers
Cons
Low pay, dirty office
Telemarketing
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Bloomibgton InAugust 13, 2017
Fast paced, stressful job with minimal chance for advancement in the Bloomington Indiana area. They closed this location due to lack of business. Last few weeks they sent people home due to lack of work.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Stressful
nice place to work
Workforce Analyst (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAAugust 11, 2017
nice environment with people from all over the US. good training. friendly people. flexible scheduling. promotion opportunities. will answer phone throughout shift.
the place is only good for a minimum wage check if you work for it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 10, 2017
Everything and I mean everything at this place could use a complete overhaul. Employees should feel important and valued, not mistreated and expendable.
nice in between job
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 10, 2017
nice place to work if you are looking for a temporary job to get going. very cool management and people to work with. cool for a part time job as they do not offer full time.
Pros
free siriusxm satellite radio
Cons
short breaks
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 10, 2017
I enjoyed my time here. Pleasant work environment, with great management staff and training staff as well. I would recommend this employer to my friends.
It was redundant but decent
Call center sales representative (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCAugust 3, 2017
I took the job for only a few months while I healed a broken foot. I thought the staff was phenomenal. I loved the people who worked there but I did not like what I was "selling" and I was really good at it. I was sales person of the month 2 out of the 3 months working there and I started feeling guilty for signing people up for this program to get a commission.

What you're selling is really yourself so if you suck at that go to the insurance side and fight with your conscience there for a whole different set of reasons. lol
Pros
The staff are awesome
Cons
The monotony and being sedentary
Productive and family like atmosphere.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Port Richey, FLAugust 2, 2017
Dial America looks after their employees when it comes to family emergencies, personal medical issues, etc. The supervisors take care of their customer service agents. If there are ever any problems, they work with you.
Pros
Gift Card promos
Cons
Stressful clientele
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 2, 2017
Very competitive work environment. Staff are nice and helpful. Competitive with the tasks, but fun. Broad range of clients you deal with on a daily basis.
to sell magazines
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 1, 2017
i was responsible for starting and stopping services of people that had magazines and help them upgrade to better magazines so they could enjoy reading the newest magzines.
Not a place you can take care of a family with.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 31, 2017
The pay here sucked and the benefits as well(there were none). Management here were a lawsuit waiting to happen this place is not somewhere I would recommend.
Great Work Environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 31, 2017
Great work environment, friendly work atmosphere. Very in detail training. They work with your school schedule and/or personal schedule.Fast pace work environment.
Pros
Friendly work environmrnt
Cons
pay sucks
Bland
Telephone Sales Representative (TSR) (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 31, 2017
This was a mediocre call center job that was very impersonal. There was no report amongst colleagues nor personnel. There was no sense of job stability.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
Impersonal
underpaid relaxed environment
CALL CENTER AGENT (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 30, 2017
Dial America was a fun challenging place to work. The pay is NOT flattering but it's alright for a second or part time job. The plus is that you do get paid weekly but in my opinion tha'ts the least they can do with the low ball pay .
The hardest part of the job
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 30, 2017
the hardest part of the job in my opinion was to get customers to pay for something the felt they should get for free.sometimes 2 maybe 3 rebuttals would work and sometimes it was just plain no.
Pros
food trucks
Cons
short breaks
DialAmerica is a great supplemental job.
Employment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJuly 28, 2017
Things I enjoyed about working at DialAmerica-
I loved having the opportunity to help people each day.
I was able to meet new people daily.

I disliked working in a building with no windows.
Pros
Helping people.
Cons
No windows

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DialAmerica. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7