DialAmerica Employee Reviews in United States

Ok if you don not need steady income
Verifier (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJMay 25, 2016
not a reliable source of income
managment is not constant
work on lot but give very little break
too much drama within co workers
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short breaks, not enough hours, no healthcare
Not a typical job.
Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Green Tree, PAMay 20, 2016
A typical day at work with Dial America required me to work side by side with almost 20 people. We worked with Medicare providers about medical benefits. The hardest part of the job was management. The best part of the job was it pays Weekly
Pros
Weekly pay, easy tasks.
Cons
Low wages, horrible management.
This job was easy and very clear on directions.
Phone Operator/Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 19, 2016
This job was friendly environment. It also had great management. On a regular day at work you could just come to work and know that even if your day was going bad that your co-works will help it get better.
Pros
lunches
Benefits
Not a bad work environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 19, 2016
Some minor technical issues but not a bad job has lots of perks. It helps me get experience in a Call Center. I am grateful but still looking to advance.
Pros
Daily prizes
Cons
Short breaks, work dress code not enforced
Dial America
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 18, 2016
Dial America was a well organized work environment. The management works closely with the lower ranking employees to ensure top notch customer service and sales metrics.
Very Productive
Outbound Call Center Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHMay 18, 2016
This was a brand new experience for me in the field of sales, which was a very comfortable and warm business office setting.
Flexible Job
Phone Representative (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAMay 17, 2016
It can be quite busy. There will be times where you get back to back phone calls and sometimes it can be quite slow. I enjoyed my time there. I didn't dread going to work while I was employed.
Pros
Great environment, flexible scheduling
Cons
late night shifts
Overall, the 34 year experience was a good one.
Mail Inserting (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJMay 17, 2016
As I have indicated, the overall experience with this company has been a good one, with perhaps the best part being the relationships and friendly atmosphere of co-workers.
Never again
Call Agent (Former Employee) –  Port Richey, FLMay 16, 2016
At Dial America I had some fun but for the most part I didn't like working there. There is no one who is as laid back as me and also they would all be in bad moods that would bring the people around them down and it just was not fair to the other employees to miss out on sales because the people sitting next to them were not as happy go lucky as the others they would all bring the people down because they were having a bad day.
Fun place to work with nice employees and managers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 15, 2016
This job was easy , and fun . I enjoyed talking to different people on the phone all the time . Co workers were nice and also the managers. I enjoyed walking into this place every or every other morning .
Pros
pay
Cons
too far for me
Sales and Product Services
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 15, 2016
A typical day at work is answering inbound calls. I have learned time management in receiving the calls. My co-workers depend on each other as a team to win incentives as a team. the hardest part of the job is disgruntled customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is turning a disgruntled customer to a satisfied customer.
enjoy working
CIP Agent (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 13, 2016
I loved working here. Very professional safe workplace. Great job opportunities to grow within the company. Very professional co-workers with great training and many ways to learn and grow not just within the company but also in daily life changes.
Very nice work atmosphere
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 13, 2016
There was a nice atmosphere every time I went in. You could talk to easily with your employer to get help if you needed. The hours worked very well with my life.
small call center
Customer Service Rep/Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAMay 13, 2016
Low paying call center.

Responsibilities include taking incoming calls and satisfying the customer's need.

Not much room to grow, agents can last many years or a few weeks. You must possess the basic requirements.
fast pace and productive work environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 10, 2016
Working at Dial America is very fast pace. The incoming calls are consistent and keep you busy throughout the day. If you are good at your job and work hard there is opportunity for advancement. They also implement different programs and things to keep morale in the office up
A last resort when you need extra money
Magazine Renewal Specialist, Lifelock Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMay 10, 2016
If you are looking for a couple extra dollars for a car repair, or for Christmas, this is good for you. However, the income while advertised as something which your performance will affect, it is not. The payroll budget is static, while employee output varies. Great month = minimum wage plus a couple dollars, good month = minimum wage, bad month = fired.
Pros
Inside
Cons
Insignificant Earnings
Bad Enviroment to work from
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMay 4, 2016
Dial-America is a very understanding company as far as time off. The managers were great and the people were great. My only criticism would be that you were not allowed to be me. I had to read a script that they had told me was proven to make sales. I'm a very enthusiastic, but once they said no, I was not the type to force my product on them. After trying to change somethings to make it more like me and getting in trouble I thought it best to move on to a new company. I left on good terms and there was no animosity in my favor or theirs.
Pros
Fun and great people
Cons
Forced to a script that seemed like a robot
great place
Call Center Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLMay 3, 2016
great palce to work and if you never did telemarketing its a good place to learn and become a leader and move on to a new place to work pay is not great but good enviroment and not high pressure
Pros
good enviroment
Cons
pay
Productive and friendly
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAMay 1, 2016
Working here was a lot of fun for me . The team leaders and my co-workers made work an enjoyable experience .Being a customer representative , I take inbound calls and try to help the customer with their issue ,to the best of my ability .
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
can not have anything with you, besides a drink at your desk
Great people to work with
Outgoing Telephone Representative (Current Employee) –  Mahwah, NJApril 29, 2016
The employees at Dial America were highly professional and great people to work with. I learned quite a bit from my experience at Dial America.