DialAmerica Employee Reviews

very good incentives
prices and raffles
fun environment
management was awesome
employees are nice and fun to work with
being part of sales team and coming up with ideas (fun week and incentives for employees)

no benefits
Fun workplace
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHSeptember 29, 2016
Co-workers and most supervisors are pretty nice and work family orientated. Very easy to get to on public transportation, fairly easy job of you like to talk and are persuasive
Pros
They give away lots of highlight mags good if you have kids
Cons
Short breaks, no paid holidays, some supervisors are will lie to save their own job and they show favoritism
Fun and productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Athens, GASeptember 29, 2016
Hard working enviornment. Stay focused. Fun and easy to learn. I was able to work many hours and go on maternity leave when needed.
OK place to work just not for me
Member Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Athens, GASeptember 29, 2016
A typical day starts with you logging into multiple systems and immediately taking calls. You are allowed 2 ten minute breaks throughout the day as well as a 30-minute lunch break. Other than those breaks you are expected to sit at your desk all day. This job would be ok for some I suppose its just not for me.
a typical call center job
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 27, 2016
A pretty lay back environment but no good benefits, not good pay at all, and team leaders very unprofessional. Made alot of changes throught out me being there. No consistency at all.
Pros
nonchalant environment
Cons
short breaks, unprofessional
flexible schedules
sales (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 22, 2016
Management needs to be more professional. A typical day at work was sale sale sale. Co workers were great to work with. Hardest part of Job was keeping up with sales and attainment numbers to meet a certain quota.
Pros
paid weekly, great hours
Cons
short breaks, write ups, high turn over rate, no paid holidays
Fast Paced
Call Center Director (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 19, 2016
This job was very fast paced. I learned how to type very fast working here.co-workers were good and very hyper.the best thing about this job was the long lunch.
Great Company
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 19, 2016
Great Company to work for, benefits and schedule and hours vary day to day but other then that it was a good company to work for, then they went out of business
Productive and amazing work place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 19, 2016
This hob is very competive but your hard work always goes noticed. Hours are good. The people there are so friendly. There is a lot of opportunity to grow in this company.
AllRight
Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJSeptember 16, 2016
The Computers Dialed The Customers So It Was Easier Than Manual Dialing. They Work With You To Have More Hours. They Play Games So You Can Win Money On Your Next Check.
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
Far From Home
Friendly and fun
Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHSeptember 13, 2016
Fun, upbeat place to work. Friendly co-workers & supportive management. Tenured Management with awesome coaching skills.
Pros
Supportive Management Hours, Upbeat, fun, Clean
Cons
Hourly Pay.
Very busy made time fly by
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 12, 2016
I loved working here because I had my own work station/ office to put my babies pictures up and it was always busy no down time!!!! I love working on computers and taking/ making phone calls!!!!
Decent place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 12, 2016
The company was just fine. Some good people and some bad people but I couldn't complain. It satisfied my need to work. It just wasn't challenging enough for me.
Not a Career Spot
Inbound/ Outbound Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 11, 2016
The co-workers at Dial America were very pleasant. The management always did what they could to keep us excited and motivated. A typical day at work were making calls to customers with the intent of selling them the idea of switching over to a much better service that would benefit them in the long run. They pay started off half decent but then as time went on, they decreased it.

Dial America can be a decent opportunity for someone who is looking for a part-time schedule to supplement the income they already have or just looking for something to keep them going while going to school.
Pros
Fun co-workers, flexible hours for part-time seekers
Cons
Pay
Slow and frustrating.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 10, 2016
Typical day at work can be stressful, slow and frustrating. I learned to be a better customer service representative. Management could have been a lot better, seemed to be careless and very misunderstanding. Co- workers were nice but kept to themselves, the hardest part of the job was the un-predictive switch in positions such as customer service and sales rep. the most enjoyable part of the job were the benefits like pay and holiday parties.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Loved it here!
Lifelock New Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gray, TNSeptember 9, 2016
I started out working in the renewals department. It was monotonous, but within in month, I was one of their top sellers consistently and was approached to train in the Lifelock program where I found I really loved. The calls were nicer, since you were taking inbound calls, and not calling people in their homes. Was pretty easy to follow the script, find answers to customers questions, etc.
Pros
great compensation for great sellers
Cons
the general public
I love working with the publick I am a real people person and have a pleasent phone voice
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  JohnsonCity TnSeptember 9, 2016
having a nice work environment and nice management with nice coworkers and helping people that need help.I love it. I had all these things at Dial America and really enjoyed coming to work.
Pros
having breaks
Cons
not having the heating and air set to the right tempature.
Don't Work Here
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILSeptember 8, 2016
Not a good job at all; would not recommend unless you are desperate for money. A typical day would be spent calling the same customers over and over trying to get them to fill out an application for a credit card. Sometimes you can also volunteer to do inbound calling, which is a lot easier but it's for a limited time. You get a 15 minute break but that also includes any bathroom breaks. You are timed for EVERYTHING including the time between calls. 90% of the time these people do not want the cards so you can expect to be screamed at and/or hung up on for most of your day. Supervisors treat you like children and micromanage.You cannot have you phone on you at all on the floor, you are also not allowed to have any pens, paper, or anything at your desk that might "distract" you from calls. Go against any "clean desk" and "no phone" rules and you're automatically fired.

Their adherence policy is also ridiculous, you have to call at least 24 hours ahead if your gonna have a sick day otherwise it's counted against you as an "occurrence". Get 4 of them within 13 weeks and you're fired. Pay is very low for a call center, only $9 an hour and incentives are only $1-$2 per sale. You also have to ask a week ahead for permission to get extra hours.I felt the interview/training process was very misleading. They made it seem like we'd be calling customers who want these cards, we're not. It's cold calling, half the customers never even heard of the bank or banked with them. They never even mentioned that our breaks also included bathroom breaks. Additionally, they insisted we could
  more... eventually move up to a different program which would pay more, but then never offered training for the program. Their turnover rate is also extremely high, there's a new training class every 2 weeks. My class had 9 people in it and after 2 months only 1 person stayed. It's no surprise so many people leave though, this place is like a half-step above a boiler operation. I'd rather flip burgers than work here again.  less
Pros
they hire anybody, friendly environment, good location
Cons
short breaks, low pay, micromanaged, high turnover rate
a good company for anyone looking to work in customer service.
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCSeptember 6, 2016
a good company for anyone looking to gain experience in customer service. I would definitely recommend this job. Dial America gives its employees pretty good benefits.
Would not recommend
Call Center/Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Athens, GASeptember 6, 2016
Dial America claims to be family oriented and a great place to work, I disagree. Dial America has no empathy when it comes to family and any kind of family emergencies
Pros
Cons
employees are overworked and underpaid, employees are mistreated

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DialAmerica. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7