DialAmerica Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,025 reviews matching the search
Fun,Helpful, Motivating place To Work!!
Inbound Call Agent (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 9, 2015
Great Company to work for. Management very kind and understanding of employees and their family life. They offer flexible work hours, great benefits, excellent training and great pay weekly. Great opportunity to have worked there.
Pros
food trucks, incentives, flexible hours
Cons
Your own Ability to not want to Succeed
Fun atmosphere!
Customer Service Representative/ Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 30, 2015
Fun first job. Laid back atmosphere. Great opportunity to increase hours and compensation. Great job while in school or if you only need part time hours.
Pros
Schedual
Cons
sales based pay increases.
great place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILOctober 3, 2015
a typical day at dial America was a fun place to work. I learned a lot more about selling mgmt. were always there for you no matter what the case may be. the hardest part of my job was when my boss sold the company my coworkers was the best team ever so on top of things we all helped each other.
Pros
401k
Cons
healthcare
Constant turn-around, decent management
Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHJune 1, 2016
It was nice that I was able to advance in the company from a part-time outbound calls to a part-time assistant team leader as they do recognize their internal talent. However the turn-around was constant and there was a new training class every week. Had to dress up for a part-time position and some people could not afford to dress like that. Even as a part-time manager the pay was less than acceptable. Although at my time of departure they were implementing a inbound call program.
Pros
Consistent work, internal promotions
Cons
Wage for part-time managers, high turn around, business dress code
Great co-workers and fun team leads
Representative (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAApril 16, 2016
The scheduling is mostly flexible with your respective lifestyle. I met a lot of great people through this job that I still have personal contact with since my departure. This particular job helped me really excel at suggestively selling products and services. The hardest part of this job was having to push older customers into a service they would most likely forget they even signed up for; but the most enjoyable part definitely had to be two things: My co-workers and speaking with people all over the country on a daily basis, sometimes outside of the country.
Pros
Incentives, fun co-workers, flexible scheduling
Cons
Short breaks, no accumulative off time (sick, personal, or vacation)
Productive and fun workplace
Verification Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 31, 2016
A typical day at work involved screening customer service representatives on tape to make sure they followed their scripts when making their sales. Learned about the necessity of following one's script because the client was able to understand exactly what they were signing up for. Management was flexible. Co-workers were open and flexible. Hardest part of the job was the stress of having to make sure the customer service representatives followed their scripts. Most enjoyable part of the job were the festivities for workers' or managers' birthdays.
Pros
good breaks
Run Away
Customer Services / Mentor (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJuly 13, 2015
I had a position as Quickbooks rep, insurance and etc... This place is like a slave field. You get no breaks and they make you rush to the bathroom. No chance of moving up unless somebody move and when somebody get a promotion it's about who you know and not how well your doing. They abuse their old worker who been there for years. I say stay away.....run as far as you can.
Pros
Make money
Cons
short breaks, no benefits, management is bias
Telemarketing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCApril 29, 2016
When I first started at DialAmerica I was on outbound calling and that was not me at all. I finally got trained on another program that I absolutely loved. I stayed busy and I was helping people and answering questions. I was leading them in the right direction. I was making a difference and that made me proud. I loved DialAmerica after this. The pay was okay but we had incentives and bonuses. We also competed against each other. It was fun. It was exciting to get to know all of my co-workers we were of all races,cultures, ages and backgrounds and we would share stories about ourselves during down time. We also encouraged each other to do well as a team. This job offered benefits which I needed when I took sick. It really helped out. Management always encouraged us and kept us going. They always pulled us to the side if we were having a bad day and give us differentoptions about what to do about that day.
Pros
Helping People and Working with a diverse group of people.
Cons
sometimes there were not any hours
Don't work here
Affinion Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJanuary 31, 2016
Dial America seems okay at first but once you actually work for them, they are ridiculous. The schedule adherence policy is wack. The management is basically paid to goof off. I have never seen a team leader there do an honest day's work. The work is incredibly easy but the pay is not enough to make a living on. Also, the product being sold (enrolling customers into fake memberships called Great Fun/Traveler's Advantage/Shopper's Advantage/Buyer's Advantage) is a SCAM!!! I can't stand working for a dishonest company. The hours are very flexible, but better opportunities are definitely out there. Steer clear of this company at all costs!
Bad Enviroment to work from
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMay 4, 2016
Dial-America is a very understanding company as far as time off. The managers were great and the people were great. My only criticism would be that you were not allowed to be me. I had to read a script that they had told me was proven to make sales. I'm a very enthusiastic, but once they said no, I was not the type to force my product on them. After trying to change somethings to make it more like me and getting in trouble I thought it best to move on to a new company. I left on good terms and there was no animosity in my favor or theirs.
Pros
Fun and great people
Cons
Forced to a script that seemed like a robot
Very Productice and Wonderful work place environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHJune 15, 2016
While working at Dial America I was able to work Customer Service, Sales and Health Care/ Insurance as well. The most enjoyable part about my time at Dial America was talking with customers and making sure they were always happy and satisfied at the end of the call. My co-worker's at Dial America were very pleasant and helpful, everyone was very friendly which made my work experience at Dial America that much more wonderful.
Pros
Great work experience, Grow within the Company
Cons
Not enough full time programs
Horrible place to work
CSR Provider services (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 6, 2015
My experience at Dial America was horrible. This is a low paying job with no room for advancement, or job security.The best part was that i only worked 24 hrs a week. My day consisted of taking inbound calls from providers. There were no benefits available and no raises or pay increases.The hardest part of the job was the constant changes day to day. The most enjoyable part of the job was some of my coworkers.
Pros
your employed
Cons
horrible work place
Great place to improve your closing skills
MARKETING & SALES - ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 11, 2016
Enjoyed working for the company gathered a large amount of information which can be utilized on multiple levels. Embrace daily change, follow the guidelines and you'll obtained success. Schedule adherence and sales quotas are required and must be respected. Overall good management, good training, fun place to work.
Pros
Good management, great training, fun place to work
Cons
Turn over rate was high, Strange business model
Great Starter Job
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAMarch 30, 2016
Start pay was $8 non-negotiable. You get 25 cent every 6 months.That's the rate at my location. I don't know about the others.There are opportunities for extra money if you're in the sales programs. They give out prizes and rewards for those who met their goals.
I worked for this company part-time for over a year. They have paid training but really it's a learn as you go type of job. You have to read a script verbatim. Hours were flexible, which was good for me because I am a student. You can be in one program or multiple. Customers call to order items, get enroll in a program, or you try to sell them products or services.
I learned a lot about customer service from working here. There were times that I loved and then hated it. It can be a lot of fun if you remain positive. They promote from within by sending out emails about open positions. I also noticed there were high turnover. I see new people every other week.
Pros
Team leaders are motivating. Co-workers are the best. I made lots of friends.
Cons
Hours depend on call volume. If it gets too low you'll be sent home.
You've gotta love the people to stay, if you can.
SIRIUS XM INBOUND SALES AGENT (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJJune 7, 2016
Worked there a few months. A few rumors went around that the assignment I was on was gonna be ending. About a week later it did. I was reached out to by HR to offer me a position on another assignment, but that schedule didn't fit the current schedule I had at the time.
Pros
onsite cafeteria, open communication w/management, friendly environment, very upbeat, tuesday payday, weekly pay
Cons
unpredictability with assignments, location sucked, short breaks, first check withheld
QuickBooks software and merchant services sales and support
Small Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJune 6, 2015
In this position, I worked with users of QuickBooks Merchant Services in assisting them with choosing the most cost-effective solutions for their small business. I was very successful in the sales aspect of convincing the client to submit the application for the product over the phone.

I also worked with Intuit small business clients in selecting the most cost-effective software that would eliminate much of their time spent on tedious accounting tasks.
Pros
Very fun work environment and great product.
Cons
Needed more benefits such as offering paid time off.
everyday
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCSeptember 28, 2015
they really were not a good company to work with. you have to pay for benefits, they don't care about their customers, they just really don't care like at all
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 19, 2016
I come into work ready for a business meeting among co-workers and mangers. I learn more each day working as a sales agent. My management team works to keep us motivated and determined. The hand picked co-workers are wonderful to be around. The hardest part of the job is going through constant rejection and having to continue on with a positive attitude. But what I most enjoy is knowing that there are people around you that builds your confidence and you build theirs as well.
it's okay.
Sales Agent/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Port Richey, FLFebruary 27, 2016
the "rules" and expectations here change constantly. there is always a new thing you aren't allowed to do or say. unless you were in college or the military for 4 years you won't be ever moving up in this job. there are people who are here for 4 years but still stuck on the phone. some supervisors are very stuck up and only care about themselves. it seems like you're wasting their time by asking a question. other than that and not having really any break time, the other agents are great.
Pros
agents, some amazing customers
Cons
short break, crazy rules on how to get healthcare, the systems go down resulting in losing hours, rude supervisors
productive workplace, fun environment
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 24, 2016
fun productive, easy money, easy peasy training, management was such a huge help with pointers & tips for those that are fairly new to the customer service field
Pros
weekly pay, resonable schedule
Cons
short breaks, & permission to use the facility

2.7