DialAmerica

DialAmerica Employee Reviews

instructed in ways to deny claims
Call Center Customer Service (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: telephones had plugin mics & head phones, people
Cons: money, atmosphere, management, carrier, etc
Doctor's Offices and other Medical Billing services would call in to inquire why a claim wasn't paid. Since I was not "a Medical Billing Professional" I was not allowed to tell them that the information on line 22 , should be on line 25 in order to get paid.

Plus other methods to basically not pay the claim
Competitive Friendly Environment
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: rewards
Cons: short breaks
A typical day consist of about 50 customer service calls in which customers would be searching for the best possible plan to renew their XM Radio service. I developed my interpersonal skills and learned how to talk to many different types of people. Each renewal counted as a sale and management usually had us participate in races to who can complete the most sales within an hour. My co-workers became my friends because we all helped when struggling with an upset customer or learning the software.
Productve and fun work enviroment
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), Port Richey, FLFebruary 9, 2015
Great place to work and you are always busy. Downfall to the job is sometimes it is so busy that you can't get a break on a scheduled time.
Good Work Enviroment
Call Center Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 4, 2015
DialAmerica has a great work environment. Friendly management and staff, coworkers are helpful, and very enjoyable job.
It is what it is
Business Development Consultant (Current Employee), Oakbrook, IlJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: the people
Cons: no phones allowed, only get a few dress down days, incentives are rare
Typical day begins with a short 15 min meeting with the supervisors to try to get you pumped up for the day. Then its off to your desk where you log in and make calls and to sell people over the phone.

If you know what your doing the job is very straight forward, read the script, make the sale, and a read a verbatim to ensure that the client knows what they are getting.

The people overall are ok, you can make friends pretty easily. Most of the supervisors are laid back, however some make sure you are doing the job. Which is understandable because there is work to be done.
Pretty easy job
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: not hard work
Taking calls in an office and advertising thats the job here. no real complaints about this job at all
Low pay, unorganized environment, low grade equipment
Inbound Agent (Current Employee), Middleburg Heights, OhioJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: learning experience, stepping stone
Cons: low pay, inexperienced management, faulty equipment
I have only been employed since December. Although it is not that bad it is certainly not anything I'm used to. Working for Dial America employed thru the inbound call center for Care Improvement Plus formerly United Health Care has been a great learning experience overall. I learned a lot about Medicare and Medicaid. However after training once I got on the floor it was pretty much chaotic. The team – more... leads no nothing they seem to have attitudes when you need help. Depending on coworkers and mentors to answer your questions. The computer equipment is faulty always freezing up and crashing up while on the phone with customers. They pay very low to deal with these daily mishaps. I will very much so be using this experience as a stepping stone Customer Service in the medical field. Another thing I don't get is they want you to dress professional. Button downs slacks and suits on a minimum wage salary even though we have no contact with the customers. I think to make it more comfortable allow employees to wear jeans at least. They also really need to update their equipment. – less
flexible work schedules with diverse employees
call center agent (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: not many benefits due to being a pasrt time worker
Learned how to handle angry customers and how to provide the best customer service possible, Worked 8 hours a day on the phone, some busy, some slower. Met a lot of new people due to how many agents were on the program. Had a good relationship with my team leader, The hardest part of the job was learning how to deal with angry customers, The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and gaining more experience as a call center agent.
Not a fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Williamsville, NYJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: awesome co-workers
Cons: pay, management
Management is very unorganized. Day would consist of inbound/outbound calls..for sales, it was hard for me, you can't force people to buy or come in for anything as much as you try..and even if you do all you can, they would still talk down to you even though you do everything right. They also can't decide how they want things done. They would tell you the way you learned-then say that;s wrong-then a few days later, tell you that way is wrong.As far as pay, for all of the work a lot of us do, we lost a lot of our compensation. Loved the people I worked with, but it's way too micromanaged. I did learn a lot as far as some computer programs, how to schedule appointments, and computer/phone systems,
The biggest advantage working there is that you met, worked with wonderful people. Biggest disadvantage was after 2009 too many changes in management
telemarketer (Former Employee), Ocala, FLDecember 29, 2014
Pros: the people that worked there
Cons: being paid correctly
Dial America was once a great place to work for retiree's, college students, all ages. There were many employees that had been there for years and mixed well with everyone, new or long term personnel. The managers were outgoing, supportive, and although salaries were low, there were perks such as meals brought in by management, always snacks, management always available to coach, or simply chat and – more... talk with employees no matter what the subject. Once Dial lost their largest client, Bank of America, it all went downhill. All employees were then transferred to selling magazine subscriptions (supposedly for charities) and this was during 2009 and the recession. The entire night shift was laid off, and those who had been there many years were asked to quit, not claim unemployment compensation with the hope of perhaps being rehired, which never did happen. A few years later with many management changes, and rigid rules enforced, (having to hold your hand up to even go to the rest room) and no set schedules, they changed hourly, Dial became a revolving door and exhausted hiring of most of the working population in Ocala FL. Paychecks were never direct deposit, never correct, and rarely on time. From being a wonderful workplace atmosphere it turned into a nightmare, always worrying if one would get paid. The Ocala office is closed and so many who gave upwards of 10 years of their professional life to the company received notice of the closing and that was that. – less
Very laid back job
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJDecember 14, 2014
This job was an easy job, but it was just not for me. Sitting in a chair for 8 hour shifts is not so great. I am the type of person who likes to be moving and physically getting things done.
Decent job
Customer Service Associate/Sales (Former Employee), Middleburg Heights, OHDecember 12, 2014
It was only part-time it a great job if you are only looking for the minimal amount of work
Awesome
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Middleburg Heights, OHDecember 1, 2014
This job has a wonderful environment, wonderful people, and a success rating that is out of this world.
Questionable business ethics
Call Center Specialist (Former Employee), N Charleston, SCNovember 19, 2014
Pros: call center etiquette
Cons: negative aura
You are sometims required to up-sell even in macabre situatiions.
fun job great people
Telemarketing Sales (Former Employee), roper mt rdNovember 15, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: sales goals were not always makeable
inbound and outbound sales
outbound sales had times when number of contacts was very small.
inbound was very detail oriented.
Good Expreiences
Inbound Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Athens, GANovember 5, 2014
Pros: good experiences
Cons: short breaks and no benfits
a typical day at work. And they constantly changed your schedule so you had to check it every day.
NOT a great place to work
Outbound Sales Rep (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 28, 2014
The company as a whole is very shady!!! Do not recommend this place for anyone
Enjoyable work environment, shifts relied on your work pace.
Phone Sales (Former Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 24, 2014
Pros: work days depended on how hard you work
Cons: in the sun all day
Get to jobsite. Figure out dimensions of garage, and door/window placements. Stock off cinder blocks and mortar and start building. Finish up and go home. Learned a lot about construction. Mortar consistency, layout, etc.
Production
Sales Repersentative (Former Employee), Greenville, SCOctober 2, 2014
I did not like the schedules it was not steady for my life or my child.
ok.
Customer Rep./ Sales associate (Part-Time) (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJSeptember 5, 2014
the work environment is ok.
i enjoyed doing my job there.
Has a high turnover rate.

About DialAmerica

Headquartered in Mahwah, N.J., DialAmerica is one of the nation's largest privately owned teleservices companies offering multi-channel – Read more

DialAmerica Salaries