DialAmerica Employee Reviews

A good place for work experience.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Charleson, SCSeptember 14, 2015
DialAmerica is a great place for job experience. It has a great culture and many people stay for the environment. There are many programs ranging from customer service to sales. I've had the opportunity to work for multiple programs. The management is ok. A typical day of work is very in and out. You come in and do what you are trained to do. Pretty cut and dry.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
Low Pay
With addition of new programs real opportunity.
Healthcare Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 9, 2015
Healthcare program was well run and trained for all considered. Company can be somewhat lax in whom is hired, but overall was much better than expected.
Family Environment
CCR (Current Employee) –  El Paso TexasSeptember 3, 2015
We sell Account Assure, which is a protection program for cardholders. The hardest part is dealing with rude customers, the easy part is reading the script.
Pros
Contact with customers
Cons
bad attitudes from customers
Fun, crazy enviornment while assisting callers
Care Improvement Plus Agent (Current Employee) –  North CharlestonAugust 19, 2015
A typical day at dial America involves at least 60 calls filled with insurance benefits, claim, eligibility, and assisting callers. Between this there are game such as bingo or wheel of fortune. They make the atmosphere fun and exciting.
Pros
fun enviornment
Good hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 30, 2015
I enjoyed this job as well and they were very hours and very with clients and this company had very god support team for there employees
Pros
weekly paychecks
Cons
short breaks
Unbelievable!!!
Sales (Former Employee) –  El Paso TexasJuly 25, 2015
HUGE disappointment!!!!! And I had very high hopes for this place. NO hours!!!!! Stinky pay!!!!! First week: barley made 29 hours (I agreed to part time because I am a single parent and needed money!) Second week: working there hours got cut by 95% literally working at most 2hours a day!!! And to top it all the pay was $8.00 the hr, instead of helping my situation THIS place made it worst even with my great management skills and budgeting I could not make ends meet :((( thank you serius Xm(dial America),I found myself in a NIGHTMARE!!!
Quit the next day, thanks but no thanks. Left with my head very down after3weeks of tortue begging for hours, this place taught me not to fall for flat out BAD jobs.
Pros
None!!!! Like really??
Cons
$8.00!!!????!!!?
No room for advancement
Data entry, verification of account (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJuly 23, 2015
Must read a script VERBATIM for every caller. Calls come in back to back during the whole shift. If tone of voice is not upbeat or script is not read verbatim during every single call, management "coaches" the agents to address this "issues". Most agents do not get the chance to switch programs or advance to a higher level in this company.
Pros
Allowed to take breaks
Cons
Voice hurts from high volume calls. Mentally exhausting altogether
I believe they should pay more for the work that is done so successsfully
Customer Service Representatives (Former Employee) –  Rocky River, OHJuly 16, 2015
contacting existing clients for donations.(Mothers Against Drunk Driving).How to communicate well with customers over the phone. Management was helpful. Co-Workers friendly. Not being able to help the grieving clients. Getting the donations for Mothers Against Drunk Driving.
Run Away
Customer Services / Mentor (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJuly 13, 2015
I had a position as Quickbooks rep, insurance and etc... This place is like a slave field. You get no breaks and they make you rush to the bathroom. No chance of moving up unless somebody move and when somebody get a promotion it's about who you know and not how well your doing. They abuse their old worker who been there for years. I say stay away.....run as far as you can.
Pros
Make money
Cons
short breaks, no benefits, management is bias
Very good workplace, could use better pay
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJuly 9, 2015
DialAmerica is a great job. If you're looking for a set schedule where you know exactly how much you'll be making you're in the right place. However, the pay is very low. I couldn't imagine trying to pay serious bills off of a DialAmerica check. I think the job is best for people 23 and under.
Pros
Family Oriented Place of employment
Cons
Pay Rate.
Fun and productive work environment
Outbound Call Agent (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 24, 2015
Very fun place to work, great management team, and great incentives. Very flexible scheduling which allowed me to stay in school. Fun, upbeat environment and many friendly staff!
Sales Agent
sales agent (Current Employee) –  buffalo,nyJune 23, 2015
I would only suggest this position to someone who is looking for a second income and does not mind sitting at the same screen, while being yelled at to stop calling by customers. Needless to say they have some trouble keeping employees.
Pros
flexible
Cons
pay, atmosphere
most of the people there were friendly and a pleasure to work with
Call Representative (Former Employee) –  akron,ohioJune 22, 2015
a typical work day could be slow depending on what state we were calling to..Most times a customer may hang up on you before you could go to your rebuttal.
Pros
the scripts were well written out
Cons
calling the same customers who already said no to the sale
Co workers are nice and friendly
Business Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJune 8, 2015
A day at Dial is pretty basic you come in and start calling whatever program your on. Depending on the day and how many people you have around you sometimes the days can just drag and so you need to find ways to keep yourself occupied in between the "No's" and voice mails you might get. The people that work for Dial are mostly friendly and welcoming and so are the managers and higher ups.
Negatives are- You are timed for your breaks and no pay for sick days or holidays. On slow days they will send you home early or on others they will just tell you not to come in because its slow and you don't get paid for it which really can hurt.
dial america
Business Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJune 1, 2015
this is a great job to start right out of high school or if you are retired and wanted to get out of the house. do not depend on this as a career i' not saying you cant advance its just very difficult. there are no set rules for advancement. there Is a per hour wage plus commission so there are bonuses if you make enough sales but you gotta put in a lot of hard work for that. the best piece of advice i could give is get use to the word no
Pros
weekends off
Cons
pay, no paid time off
productive
Verification Clerk (Former Employee) –  Portrichey, FloridaMay 14, 2015
I was a customer service rep. I had awesome management, and co-worker team. I enjoyed working hands on with the customers.
Pros
insentives
Cons
no healthcare
Busy Fast paced
sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Rochester nyMay 11, 2015
Call center environment,i learned script reading and selling to customers. Management was very organized. My coworkers were very friendly. The hardest part of the job was getting customers to buy program. The most enjoyable part of the job was listening to people about how their day was.
Pros
comission
Cons
no convient place to eat lunch
Sad to have to leave...
CALL CENTER REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 11, 2015
This company was a great experience for me. Sadly, 3 weeks after being hired on we were informed that the San Diego location would be shutting down on May 15.2015. The work environment was upbeat, managers very helpful and encouraging, and the sliding pay scale based on performance was very fair.
Pros
Sliding pay scale based on performance
Cons
Tight time scheduling
Good and bad
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 29, 2015
Dialamerica is a great company on the whole but certain policies need to be looked over Management is great on the whole but, individually and make some improvements.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no room for advancement
Training was the worst. Pay was even worse then that.
sakes rep (Former Employee) –  jacksonville flApril 27, 2015
shift started at 3-10. Didnt get paid night difference. Calling existing customers that have been called so many times that are extremely frustrated with the calling. And if you didnt meet their sales goals u were placed on a written and had a week to get the sales or u were fired. Sales were few and far between. The commission that was suppose to be so wonderful was never right and neither was the time. Dont waste ur enjoy or time with this place.
Pros
Free lunch on saturdays
Cons
everything