DialAmerica

DialAmerica Employee Reviews

Very laid back job
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJDecember 14, 2014
This job was an easy job, but it was just not for me. Sitting in a chair for 8 hour shifts is not so great. I am the type of person who likes to be moving and physically getting things done.
Decent job
Customer Service Associate/Sales (Former Employee), Middleburg Heights, OHDecember 12, 2014
It was only part-time it a great job if you are only looking for the minimal amount of work
Awesome
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Middleburg Heights, OHDecember 1, 2014
This job has a wonderful environment, wonderful people, and a success rating that is out of this world.
Questionable business ethics
Call Center Specialist (Former Employee), N Charleston, SCNovember 19, 2014
Pros: call center etiquette
Cons: negative aura
You are sometims required to up-sell even in macabre situatiions.
fun job great people
Telemarketing Sales (Former Employee), roper mt rdNovember 15, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: sales goals were not always makeable
inbound and outbound sales
outbound sales had times when number of contacts was very small.
inbound was very detail oriented.
Good Expreiences
Inbound Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Athens, GANovember 5, 2014
Pros: good experiences
Cons: short breaks and no benfits
a typical day at work. And they constantly changed your schedule so you had to check it every day.
NOT a great place to work
Outbound Sales Rep (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 28, 2014
The company as a whole is very shady!!! Do not recommend this place for anyone
Enjoyable work environment, shifts relied on your work pace.
Phone Sales (Former Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 24, 2014
Pros: work days depended on how hard you work
Cons: in the sun all day
Get to jobsite. Figure out dimensions of garage, and door/window placements. Stock off cinder blocks and mortar and start building. Finish up and go home. Learned a lot about construction. Mortar consistency, layout, etc.
Production
Sales Repersentative (Former Employee), Greenville, SCOctober 2, 2014
I did not like the schedules it was not steady for my life or my child.
ok.
Customer Rep./ Sales associate (Part-Time) (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJSeptember 5, 2014
the work environment is ok.
i enjoyed doing my job there.
Has a high turnover rate.
Excellent work/life balance, low pay
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Westlake, OHAugust 19, 2014
I was able to schedule my job around my life. Managers were always very understanding about call-offs and needing to reschedule shifts. Pay was minimum wage with incentives disguised as "commission".
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Ocala, FLAugust 1, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, good pay, 401(k) with company match
The people are very friendly here. There is a family-like atmosphere here.
Temporary Job
TEMP (Former Employee), Ocala, FLJuly 24, 2014
The DialAmerica Office in Ocala, fl was closing. The mentality of the workplace greatly reflected this.
Awesome part time job
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJune 27, 2014
This job was not my favorite but I did learn to get over my fear of talking to people in order to get the job done properly.
Convenient
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJune 25, 2014
Pros: nice break room
Cons: short breaks
Come to work get on the phone looking foward to close sales with different customers I have learned to be patient and accept criticism and make that change my co workers are fun and easy to get along with the hardest part about my job is dealing with upset customers most enjoyable part about my job is making people happy
loved it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 24, 2014
Pros: easy work/ sitting down
Cons: repetative calling
very flexible hours, nice staffing. It is a nice place to work when you are looking for a better type of employment. it is not considerably a long term position unless you are a sales guru.
Decent environment, but poor pay.
Call Center Agent (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNJune 22, 2014
Pros: marketplace+kitchen in the building
Cons: only 15 minute break. not very enjoyable work
I really enjoy my coworkers and management at DialAmerica, but $8.50/hr to make calls to people who don't want to even talk to me just gets old quick. There's a small commission for sales, but it's generally between $0.30 at the lowest and like $1.90 at best.
Snore Fest
ADS Agent (Imbound) (Former Employee), New Port Richey, FLJune 12, 2014
Pros: 1$ cuppachinos
Cons: nothing
Its just not my cup of tea to talk to people on the phone with no face to face contact the other employees are nice but overall this job was boring .
Versatility Abounds
Pharmacy Information Specialist (Current Employee), Middleburg, OHJune 11, 2014
Pros: on the job training
Cons: n/a
The satisfaction of knowing you made the difference in a members experience can be satisfying. The knowledge you acquire from this position is endless, as it is an ever changing market. Your growth will enable you to further your employment aspirations.
The Call center the stereo type is based on.
Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee), Fairlawn, OHJune 4, 2014
Pros: weekly pay check, base plus bonus if goals are met.
Cons: horrible turn over, half of the people that are hired are seen as seat fillers for a few weeks, communication is terrible between management teams/ shifts, little to no growth opportunity.
Outbound calls to sell either magazine subscriptions (in which a small amount of the proceeds go to Special Olympics) or win-back programs for satellite radio. Some sites have other clients, I know one site has a bank client. As a rep, you log in, everyone makes outbound calls starting at the same time, computer automatically dials numbers using predictive dialing, so often there was no ringing it would just be a person on the other end of the line. Most of the day was spent marking that calls went to voice-mail or answering machines. When you did talk to a person you were supposed to read directly from a script, especially if the sale was made, get the information and activate the radio. Even rebuttals to objections were scripted. Agents who proved they were good had more freedom when it came to going off script, but only in the sales portion. If a sale was made, almost all the call would be verbatim script reading. As a new hire, you were expected to be at 50% of goal by third week on phones, and 75% of goal by week 6. Failure to meet these goals would usually be termination. Many new hires had never used a computer or worked in a call center environment. Often people were hired expecting to fail, but filling a seat and creating billable labor hours.

As an assistant team leader, I ran a crew of 15 people. I would also work with new hires starting week two. At this point they would barely no the systems and for a least a day or two would still need to be walked through the script and the screens in the sales system. This would not be a problem except there was almost always – more... 4 to 10 second week new hires as the call centers WEEKLY attrition was between 10 and 20 percent. For established reps, I filled out checklists and did coaching sessions. We were expected to work with each agent for at least 20 minutes a week actively coaching, typically we would spend up to an hour a week with struggling reps. This is in addition to passive listening and filling out the checklists for their files. We had a limit of thirty hours a week we could work, and our agent worked between 12 and 25 hours on shift. – less

About DialAmerica

Headquartered in Mahwah, N.J., DialAmerica is one of the nation's largest privately owned teleservices companies offering multi-channel – Read more

DialAmerica Salaries