Dialog Direct Employee Reviews

A typical day is full of productive work providing help to members in need of roadside assistance 24hrs a day.
Allstate Roadside Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Overtime
Cons: The sysytem we used.
Each campaign is very close knit. Every one has access to his or her manager that is sitting upon the floor with the agents. The company allows each individual employee the chance to move up to any department. Since the company is 24hrs you are able to work as much overtime as company policy allows.
The Big Problem Is Poor Management Who Can't Train Or Be Helpful When Needed
Agent (Former Employee), Highland Park, MIAugust 13, 2015
Pros: You know you will get paid
Cons: Very Poor management
I was there for health care open enrollment.

The training was done by someone whom never sold health insurance, and got licensed to teach the class. Therefore, that person was not qualified to teach new people, many of whom were newly licensed, how to sell health insurance.

Actual sales training was non existent. The "coaches" (supervisors) to my knowledge never sold health insurance either. Therefore, they were of no use.

Unless you actually sold health insurance before you were unprepared.

Sales on the average were low because the agents had virtually no sales training, and didn't really understand the programs themselves.

The first month we couldn't do anything because of system problems. At no time did I see anyone actually try and fix these problems.

Also at no time can you have a phone out or even charge your phone using their outlet or computer. Since this is in a bad neighborhood that is a big negative working for this company.

One of the problems I took the initiative and worked it out myself.

The supervisor(s) sits higher than the people in his/her cubicle so that he/she can watch all the children.

I didn't like the micromanagement. No matter how well you sold, they were constantly managing via their computer system of how long you are in the bathroom, or exactly what you are doing when you aren't on a call.

I wish they spent at least equal time and effort in helping the agents how to sell.

You have 1/2 hour for lunch/dinner which barely gives you time to eat. It doesn't give you time to relax

They also constantly change their commitments. The program was initially supposed to go to the end of March, but toward the end, they told us it would end February 15.

On the plus side you know you will get paid what you earned. These days that is saying a lot too.
Very Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIAugust 9, 2015
The employees and the job or working with people are the best part of the job. While I learned quite a few things about healthcare, the management of the entire site makes you not want to work. No one really monitors what the employees do, and you can spend the entire day off the phone, and nothing will happen to you. But if you miss 1-2 days you can be written up.
I loved Dialogue
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIAugust 8, 2015
I worked with Dialogue for 2 years. They were very welcoming, family oriented and understanding of everyone's situations if any applied. The only thing is I was not paid enough and left when offered a better pay. I would work with them again if i had the opportunity.
fun workplace
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Troy, MIAugust 1, 2015
Pros: advacement
Cons: short breaks
new and challenging position, The workplace was very comfortable and training was always available . Met lots of new people and learned to use a lot of different software
They Do NOT CARE About The Employees
Inbound Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Colleagues, Laid-back
Cons: Short breaks, benefits, off days
I worked here for 5 months, the 5 months that I was here was great. Starting with TRAINING the trainer had no training experience. A lot of things we were taught in training was not beneficial on the calling floor. Very unorganized. Once we made it onto the floor our fellow colleagues were more hands on about teaching us what we needed to know. After a while the company I was working for closed down and the "supervisors" were supposedly supposed to train us for another campaign in the business. Training was 1 day wasn't much of anything taught and they threw you back onto the phones with little to no knowledge. Customers were frustrated so were the workers. They wanted you there sleet and snow whether you had children or not. Would "time leave" people when there was no work. Very inconsistent and unorganized.
My job as QA
Member Service Quality Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Worth,TXJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Healthcare/Customer Service and Quality Analyst experience
Cons: Short Breaks
My typical day at work consist of me monitoring my agents and being able to provide feedback to them so that they can be better agents on the phone and provide the best service to our members. The things I have learned about this job is that hard work pays off when you enjoy helping others and doing the best at what you do.My co-workers and management team are like family.The most enjoyable part of my job is definitely being able to tell our agents when they are doing a great job in helping our member's with all of their needs, and the hardest part of the job is telling our agent's when they did not do such a great job on a call.
it's ok
customer services (Current Employee), dallas,txJuly 23, 2015
To arrive on time and in a promptly matter , the job its self is ok , would like for it to be more inefficient. like for an ex sample updated software would be help our job to be more productive.
NICE PLACE
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Highland Park MIJuly 21, 2015
Pros: NO WEEKENDS
Cons: SHORT BREAKS
WELL WHILE WORKING AT DIALOG DIRECT IT WAS A VERY NICE PLACE, A TYPICAL DAY AT DIALOG YOU COME IN SIGN YOU HAVE TO PUT YOUR PHONE AWAY NO CELL PHONES WERE ALLOWED. ON YOUR DESK AN IT WAS ALOT OF CALLS COMING THREW,MY CO-WORKERS WERE VERY NICE BUT SOME OF THE SUPERVISORS WERE MEAN! BUT OTHER THAN THAT THE JOB WAS VERY NICE AN IT WAS A SEASONAL POSITION
NO Advancement or Pay Increases
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Holland, MIJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Good people work there who deserve better
Cons: No benefits and broken promises
It doesn't matter who you are or how good of a job you do at this employer. They will lie to you every chance they get and will never give you advancement opportunities or raises.
They send out communications that they will be offering 401K matching and pay raises, but when the deadline comes for these changes to go into effect, they come up with excuses and do not deliver!
Run as far away as you can. Working here can actually hurt your resume, because they are the joke of Holland Michigan and the other employers in the area know it.
The management may say they have your back, but it just so they can stick the knife in as far as possible.
It's an ok place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Holland, MIJuly 16, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: Management
Working at dialog direct at first was a great job but unfortunately a typical day at work is very stressful and at the end of a call with a customer you don't really feel like you've helped them. There are to few team leads (supervisors) and they seem to love pushing out the agents who have been there for along time. I have no problem with my co-workers for the most part I enjoy working there. The hardest part about this job is the fact that management does not care to help the agents and the fact that there is no one there to help you when you need help form a team lead. Although I do enjoy working with my co-worker's and the down time between calls
Not Productive and not fun
License Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 12, 2015
Pros: 17.00 hour
Cons: Very unclean environment and hostile environment
Not a good company to work for not to committed to what they promise you before you accept the position. Unsafe environment very hostile and extreme harassment is allowed in this place.
Incompetent leadership it's truly unbelievable. It's like you are not even working in America.
Workplace is a conformtable setting, and I enjoy what I do very much.
Health Plan Advisor (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Weekends are optional, not mandatory!
Cons: There is not a lot of room to advance.
I've been working for Dialog Direct for a little over a year. This is a great company to work for, but at the same time I need a position that allows me to demonstrate more customer service and leadership skills, as well as more room for advancement.
Its a job.
Customer Retention Specialist (Current Employee), Highland Park, MIJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Co-workers, resume builkding, Decent pay
Cons: Management is horrible, benefits aren't good, environemt is bad
Dialog Direct is good to gain experience in a professional environment, and paying the bills, but I would not reccommend this place for anyone to work. I was able to improve on my suctomer service skills, as well as verbal and communication skills.
Since "Dialogue Marketing" merged with other companies, and became Dialog Direct, the cukture of the company as well as the value of management has declined. Most of the programs that are in the company are fairly easy, not hard at all. Its just the enviroment as well as the fact that the management sucks as a whole that makes it JUST a job. Management does not care about what is good for the employees at all (in my opinion) so the decisions and changes that are made are only to benefit the "higher ups" and the employees suffer most from the changes.
Other companies that I have worked with, actually consider their employees when making changes, DIalog Direct does not.
Productive work place with job security.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Irving, TXJuly 9, 2015
Pros: heath benefits
Cons: unflexable schedules and no advancement opportunities.
Assist customers with receiving customer service. Insure quality standards are met and exceeded with each customer. I received my certification to dispatch 911 calls for Porsche. Actively worked with coworkers and assisted them with client specifications under different campaigns for roadside under Allstate.
No opportunities to further your career
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Provo, UTJuly 6, 2015
Non-competitive wages, No opportunities to further your career, you're just another number on a spreadsheet and even if you're doing a good job it's never good enough
Productive place with freedom for growth
CSR Agent (Current Employee), Holland, MIJune 24, 2015
A good place to work for a stay at home-mom needing extra income or a college student needing extra cash flow. You have your own desk where you work and provide service to customer's with high-end vehicles.
Felt like a dog on a leash
CSR (Former Employee), Holland/ Grand RapidsJune 23, 2015
If you can handle listening to seniors complain all day, then this is a job for you. Minimal job growth potential, and was hired under false pretenses, which immediately made me put off by the company.
Our sprite team and having a great team to work with.
Customer Service Representative Agent (Current Employee), Billings, MTJune 21, 2015
Everyone is great to work with at Dialog direct. We help one another out with questions we may have with our customers. The team leads are great to work with, they give us great advise on how to handle are times and customers.
Scheduling
CSR II (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJune 18, 2015
Pros: They hire anybody.
Cons: The schedule change.
The work is rewarding, and continuously training. However, the schedules change every two to three months.. You will work various shifts, regardless what you are told.
Industry